Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Equine Don posted:

And they never kept loving 5th group DFAC open for dinner!

Because 5th Group cares about all of their soldiers and doesn't do meal cards, even the soldiers who are E5 and below and not married to land cows and she beasts. At least in group you get to feel like a human being again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

BaconAndBullets posted:

Because 5th Group cares about all of their soldiers and doesn't do meal cards, even the soldiers who are E5 and below and not married to land cows and she beasts. At least in group you get to feel like a human being again.

Not so sure about that, I saw plenty of maroon berets doing lawn care.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

SF units make their support people wear maroon berets? That sucks.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

DRMO at Camp Speicher I spotted 14 brand new weed whackers laying outside. Some CSMs love their lawn care so much they even want to do it in the desert.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kiryen posted:

DRMO at Camp Speicher I spotted 14 brand new weed whackers laying outside.

E-1s or E-2s?

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Kiryen posted:

DRMO at Camp Speicher I spotted 14 brand new weed whackers laying outside. Some CSMs love their lawn care so much they even want to do it in the desert.

I'm picturing swingblades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were top of the line gas powered units brought over at 3x MSRP

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

sky shark posted:

I'm picturing swingblades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were top of the line gas powered units brought over at 3x MSRP

They were nice gas-powered ones. I wish I could have brought one home; then I wouldn't have to drag an extension cord around the lawn every time my wife starts bitching about weeds.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
There was one bunker that had a particularly green patch of grass in front of it as a point of pride I guess.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Today I learned from an incredibly useless person that an incredibly useless reg exists, and was recently updated! Here's a sample:

AR 600-63, para 7-3 posted:

d. Health care personnel will not use any tobacco products during the duty day or while in uniform. Moreover, in addition to the prohibitions contained in paragraph 7–3a above, use of tobacco products is prohibited on or within medical campuses as established in this regulation.
e. Installation commanders and medical activity commanders will cooperate to establish and enforce tobacco free medical campuses (TFMCs) that include:
(1) Any property or non-residential building that is operated, maintained or assigned to support medical activities, including but not limited to hospitals, medical laboratories, outpatient clinics (including medical, dental, and veterinary facilities), or aid stations operating for the primary purpose of delivering medical care and services for DOD eligible beneficiaries and /or meeting the mission of the Army Medical Command.
(2) All other facilities in which medical activities or administration take place.
(3) All internal roadways, sidewalks and parking lots.
(4) All sidewalks, parking lots and grounds external but adjacent to the building or related to the migratory corridors surrounding the medical facility.

Mother fucker.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sucks to be you if you're still in, fygm.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hahahahahahaha eat poo poo idiots

fygm

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hahahahahahaha eat poo poo idiots

fygm

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
My building has one tiny medical office in it staffed by our support medical people, but also where they give out shots. Above it, but still part of the same building is where all the barracks are. I wonder what I can do with this reg if I bring it up since our commander has the hugest hard on for regulations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Get lynched by all the barracks joes?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ptolemaeus posted:

My building has one tiny medical office in it staffed by our support medical people, but also where they give out shots. Above it, but still part of the same building is where all the barracks are. I wonder what I can do with this reg if I bring it up since our commander has the hugest hard on for regulations.

campbell?

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Cole posted:

campbell?

Katterbach in Germany. It is a miserable setup, the basement is where all the staff sections and med work, while above ground are all the barracks rooms. Some guys never leave a 50 yard radius for weeks because the dfac is next door.

Mike-o posted:

Get lynched by all the barracks joes?

It just makes me laugh at the poor foresight that goes into military regulations as usual, because technically only one internal road runs across the base that connects to our building and the TMC, as well as only two parking lots both connected for most of the base. Essentially, this regulation would ban smoking on 80% of our base, and all the joes can no longer dip/smoke pretty much anywhere but some grassy field used as a soccer field.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Cole posted:

campbell?

We have the same setup at Campbell

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If someone is living in the barracks their life sucks enough already.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nimmy posted:

We have the same setup at Campbell

yeah i was there from 2010 to 2012. it was 2bct's setup.

and 1bct's too.

Cole fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 20, 2015

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Ptolemaeus posted:

It just makes me laugh at the poor foresight that goes into military regulations as usual, because technically only one internal road runs across the base that connects to our building and the TMC, as well as only two parking lots both connected for most of the base. Essentially, this regulation would ban smoking on 80% of our base, and all the joes can no longer dip/smoke pretty much anywhere but some grassy field used as a soccer field.

It's probably more malice than lack of foresight. The kind of person that writes up and pushes for that particular flavor of bullshit would be absolutely giddy at the prospect of loving over an entire bases' worth of smokers.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I dont smoke so I think its funny

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

They've been making people go to the "smoking area" on FOBs for field training and stand in the Engineer Tape of Shame so I can't say I'm surprised. Come to think of it engineer tape is a pretty common shaming mechanism. I am so sick of going to training events and seeing soldiers walking around with some huge honking strip of engineer tape hanging off their uniform like a big scarlet 'A' of Had A Heat Injury Once. It isn't like anyone even does anything special to make sure they don't get another one; it's apparently just to assist everyone else in pointing and laughing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kiryen posted:

They've been making people go to the "smoking area" on FOBs for field training and stand in the Engineer Tape of Shame so I can't say I'm surprised. Come to think of it engineer tape is a pretty common shaming mechanism. I am so sick of going to training events and seeing soldiers walking around with some huge honking strip of engineer tape hanging off their uniform like a big scarlet 'A' of Had A Heat Injury Once. It isn't like anyone even does anything special to make sure they don't get another one; it's apparently just to assist everyone else in pointing and laughing.

its better than being a heat casuality in Iraq

you get a finger up the butt to shame you instead

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

would much rather joes smoke than dip

smoking is cool (lol who are we kidding, nobody in the army is cool); dipping is gross

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
People that bitch about smokers are punk rear end bitches because they whine about smoking instead of lovely leadership. If you want to complain about gay poo poo go join an HOA full of old women with nothing better to do. Getting rid of smoking in the army is like when the air force got rid of painting cool poo poo on their planes.

tl;dr suck my dick from the back

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the only good times i ever had in the military involved me smoking cigarettes while doing so

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I mean smoking is pretty retarded in normal society but the rest of the stupid poo poo in the military makes it look like a reasonable passtime.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

psydude posted:

I mean smoking is pretty retarded in normal society but the rest of the stupid poo poo in the military makes it look like a reasonable passtime.

it's pretty retarded there too, but still far, far less retarded than the idiots that rail on and on about people gettin free breaks and poo poo when they could just as easily just get up off their fat rear end and walk out of their office and have a break

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the only good times i ever had in the military involved me smoking cigarettes while doing so

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

It's because you can use regular smoke breaks to get the gently caress away from all the assholes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I remember the Afghanistan cigarette warnings being way more direct...

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Have any of you seen this?

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/EnlNt :nws:

Sharpnado rolling in :coal:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

terrez posted:

LMAO they had to fill it with individual water bottles.

It's an old as gently caress story though.

e: it keeps getting better when you look up the names.

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/87304/spc-deanna-allen

quote:

You cheer 'em up throughout the day, and make 'em have a better day!

FUCKIN' COOKS.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 21, 2015

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

quote:

a Reserve unit from Tallahassee, FL

Of course

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

terrez posted:

As always, its only the ugly one that shows her tits

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Army stupidity extends to contracting. I just had to do the composite risk management training (which includes scenarios involving dismounted patrols in Afghanistan) and the drivers training online class, which I am forbidden to use government vehicles by law.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Helping with land nav training today my driver and I got a little lost, which is understandable since the dumb gently caress E6 in charge didn't even give us maps. Anyway, here's my current situation.

Thought we could make it through a couple inches of standing water, turns out we couldn't.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We've all been there man. Hope you brought tow straps.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
At least you didn't break track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Now call the wrecker and watch as the drive shaft shears off.

Then call the backup wrecker to remove that wrecker.

• Locked thread