Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

poo poo on a shingle... :stare:

I have a few Ravens from the last few days. I hope I can do them the same justice the Photog did her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's got like 20% more of a smile than she should, but other than that yeah spot-on costume. I'm glad the CN Teen Titans cartoon existed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

She's got like 20% more of a smile than she should, but other than that yeah spot-on costume. I'm glad the CN Teen Titans cartoon existed.

One of mine had a huge grin and even I flinched when taking the picture. The other, slight smirk. I think the novelty of getting recognized has an impression on people. :D

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I always feel bad doing scowly badass face while thanking people who compliment my costume but I don't think I've been a character who actually smiles for nearly a decade. The struggle is real, man.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

VendaGoat posted:

Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
Our tongues can't repel flavor of that magnitude!
https://youtu.be/oQljzQ_FpUE

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

McPantserton posted:

I always feel bad doing scowly badass face while thanking people who compliment my costume but I don't think I've been a character who actually smiles for nearly a decade. The struggle is real, man.

When I dressed up as Snake Eyes and got complimented I thanked them and then angry nerds jumped on me telling me I was supposed to be mute.

From that point on I just nodded and gave an enthusiastic thumbs up and then people were happy I was in character. But I'm sure some of them thought I was giving sarcastic thumbs up maybe.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
As a photog I care about the picture. If you want to break character and then talk to me, see your picture or whatever, I'm game. Honestly some of the folks I engage with because I want to hear how they built their costume. I also have to keep in mind the work required in trying to get as many cosplayer's photos as I can in a quantum of time.

BTW, Good snake eye's cosplay is a hard thing to find. :)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Yep, that's a reverse mermaid.

I always figured somebody would.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A small flock of Ravens.

And the only Lady Legasus cosplay I've seen so far.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Here he is as Michael Carpenter from the Dresden Files

Is this a Skin Game reference?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

This is apparently former Mythbuster Grant Imohara's girlfriend. I assume she's wearing a costume.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

New Leaf posted:

This is apparently former Mythbuster Grant Imohara's girlfriend. I assume she's wearing a costume.

maybe

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I don't know how many people know what Sumire 16 Sai!! is, but it was funny and this is good cosplay (although the joints could be better).

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Say Nothing posted:

And the only Lady Legasus cosplay I've seen so far.

I was just telling my husband that I had yet to see a Lady Legasus cosplay. I mean, you really gotta have the legs for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So I was looking for Don't Hug Me I'm Scared cosplay, and in a Google image search I realized there are people who want to do it accurately...

...and a whole bunch of weird anthropomorphic fanart versions of the characters...

...which people seem to cosplay more often than the accurate ones:

:stare:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Erebus posted:

I don't know how many people know what Sumire 16 Sai!! is, but it was funny and this is good cosplay (although the joints could be better).

Holy cow, I loved that comic. Never expected to see it cosplayed, though. :3:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I got one cosplayer of the character on the left. I called him Nightcrawler. :smith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I don't get how or why this whole trend of people anthropomorphizing a talking notebook and clock from one set of weird videos started. Also I don't think I've ever seen people do characters from the other episodes either.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Clock Crew OG

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Carbon Thief posted:

Holy cow, I loved that comic. Never expected to see it cosplayed, though. :3:

I have to wonder if anybody pretended to beat the dude up or do the whole "who's the old guy?" schtick.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MindlessHavok posted:

I wonder how long they fought over who got to be Goku.

About two hours. Actually it was only three minutes if you ignore all of the posturing and posing they did.

I know that post is a week old shut up.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Wade Wilson posted:

Is this a Skin Game reference?

It's from the Skin Game trailer (fan-made): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZUvrIQWuY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh that's loving wonderful

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jesus that's crazy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That is really good, but it has to be murder on her feet. That's some serious dedication.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Christ that's amazing. I'd be picking my teeth up after faceplating on tile about 10 seconds into a costume like that.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Captain Capacitor posted:

It's from the Skin Game trailer (fan-made): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZUvrIQWuY

Coming to SyFy, played as a back-to-back double-feature with Sharktopus.

Good grief that was terrible.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That is really good, but it has to be murder on her feet. That's some serious dedication.

Not that much, she's balanced on the balls of her feet. I used to walk around like that all the time, and it shouldn't be that much of a problem unless she does it for a couple of years and her Achilles tendons tighten up.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Gravity heels aren't uncomfortable per say, I have a pair I wear sometimes. A lot of people go clubbing in them.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Erebus posted:

Googled that poo poo, and gently caress but Japan is bonkers.

For those who don't know: It's a comedy about the new girl at school trying to fit in. Only she's a life-sized mannequin controlled by an old man who never breaks character.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

^^^^^
It's totally loopy, it is also funny as hell.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502456&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Erebus posted:

I don't understand, this is a pic of a perfectly normal high school girl. :confused:

that's some great cosplay.

a kitten has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Apr 22, 2015

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Breetai posted:

Googled that poo poo, and gently caress but Japan is bonkers.

For those who don't know: It's a comedy about the new girl at school trying to fit in. Only she's a life-sized mannequin controlled by an old man who never breaks character.

A middle-aged man acting out a caricature of high school life using a fake teenage girl as a prop is actually a pretty funny jab at modern slice of life schoolgirl anime/manga.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Holy poo poo, fern gully?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Erebus posted:

A middle-aged man acting out a caricature of high school life using a fake teenage girl as a prop is actually a pretty funny jab at modern slice of life schoolgirl anime/manga.

It's still pretty "have the cake and eat it" which in the context of slice-of-life schoolgirl anime/manga is goddamn creepy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mind the walrus posted:

It's still pretty "have the cake and eat it" which in the context of slice-of-life schoolgirl anime/manga is goddamn creepy.

The characters in the story think it's just as weird and creepy until they learn why the old man does it in the first place so :shrug:

edit: But this is not cosplay related so here is an RE6 Leon Kennedy to get back on topic:

I mostly posted it because of the inclusion of the green herb. Who doesn't love a good green herb.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Apr 22, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pretty mild for Silent Hill monsters, from the look of it. I don't really play the games though so I'm no expert on it.

Naw, it's Coraline. :v:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Coraline is one of my favorite movies of all time!

MissTrisi Cosplay, makes me want to make an Other Mother outfit myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That has got to be one incredibly tight corset.

• Locked thread