Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I heard a rumor that there will be a Lost & Damned DLC set in the desert prior to the events of the main story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
They're def gonna do some kind of DLC / expansion packs, GTA games cost too much to make not to kick out a few quick side games with the engine before making another main series game.

I really really really want a Las Vegas expansion. Do the other parts of San Andreas that GTAV doesn't cover.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Zaphod42 posted:

Michael is sometimes grumpy and sometimes a good normal dude. He's crimedad.
Franklin is just too serious, kinda dull yeah. (Whoever said he's CJ, that's way wrong. He's nothing like CJ.)
Trevor is insane and amazing.

Playing as Lamar in Director Mode = win.
I was flabbergasted by how that biker ganger just let Trevor walk all over him. Maybe they understood that Trevor is a Player Character and thus way tougher than them.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Please give me an option to ban clothing. My Trevor is in a nice set of a charcoal sweater and suit pants, and his insanity is better with the contrast to his sleek clothing. But often he likes to switch into his trailer trash clothing.
Same with Franklin, dude comes out of the mansion into his nice luxury car...

...with a goddamn under armor poo poo and baggy pants.

I realize that they are their own characters with their own styles, but I want to be able to control their story a bit, too.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ugh, that is the worst possible choice. The Lost and the Damned were the shittyest gang and even garbage Sons of Anarchy had more sound gang-logic, like not having the chapter president ride on the back of someone's bike on his way home from prison. I don't need more mopey protagonists that wants to cling to The Way Things Were.

I'd prefer literally anything else than them. Why not play as Chris Formage or a low level Epsilon Program member? Or Lazlow? Or Cletus. Or that vaguely Asian guy who introduces you to street racing.

Literally anyone other than John Boy and his ineffective gang that is careful to never actually do anything offensive or outlaw-bikerish.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Gay Tony starts up a bunch of nightclubs in Los Santos that you have to manage and expand

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Or a female protagonist for loving once?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nah, how about a Trevor backstory DLC

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

They're def gonna do some kind of DLC / expansion packs, GTA games cost too much to make not to kick out a few quick side games with the engine before making another main series game.

I really really really want a Las Vegas expansion. Do the other parts of San Andreas that GTAV doesn't cover.

I'd love an expansion that integrates multiple locales. Give me a reason to fly a lear jet.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

You know how many 15 year old boys would poo poo themselves? They've got a reputation to maintain here

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah honestly I figured the whole reason for investing in multiple protagonists would be so that they could have a female PC and not ONLY have a female PC so they don't piss off all the misogynistic gamers.

But nope, they just had 3 dudes. :downs:

At least you can play a woman in GTA Online.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Vahakyla posted:

This is a much better idea.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't know, I think having a female protagonist would send all sorts of women's rights groups into a tizzy. If her stats were lower than any male character, they'd be all up in arms about how the female character isn't as good as the male character, or if her driving skill was lower they'd be perpetuating stereotypes about female drivers.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I deeply disappointed that the beards aren't available in online mode.

Zaphod42 posted:

I really really really want a Las Vegas expansion.

Ocean's 3, starring Trevor as Frank Sinatra.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ciaphas posted:

God damnit, I thought the game saving to a GTA cloud meant my single player game would be okay when I reformatted windows. It isn't. :cry:

What is the CORRECT way to transfer a PC save to a new machine? My new computer will be up and running tomorrow afternoon, so I need to move my game over. I was hoping the Cloud would be the way to go.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Cool, if you are online it is possible for Russian hackers to get your password, then change your email to a .ru account without any additional security steps! Good times.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703999976084852/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

New Leaf posted:

I don't know, I think having a female protagonist would send all sorts of women's rights groups into a tizzy. If her stats were lower than any male character, they'd be all up in arms about how the female character isn't as good as the male character, or if her driving skill was lower they'd be perpetuating stereotypes about female drivers.

But it could possibly put an end to catcalling, agressive pickup artistry and clogging dating site inboxes with dick picks for an entire generation of young men.

I have faith that Rockstar could do their deft-clumy thing with characterization and maybe move the state of gaming a step past 'soaked in outrage culture'.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Can we not just bring up female protagonists without worrying what a bunch of ill-raised gamers have to think about it

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

Can we not just bring up female protagonists without worrying what a bunch of ill-raised gamers have to think about it

But I was just about to mount my high horse. :negative:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zigmidge posted:

Rockstar has to worry because a sole main female protag that sends teenaged boys and manchildren into a frothing GamerGate-ish rage will hurt the company's profit margins.

Next GTA game might stick with the switchable 3 protags routine, except there's a female protag included among them.

Norns posted:

Franklin is great. loving racists up in here.

If you can't send the GTA thread to GBS, then bring GBS into the GTA thread.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It actually kinda bugs me how absent women are from the game, besides being crazy bitch characters.

There are no cops, firemen, paramedics, soldiers, FIB agents, or really anyone.
There is a model and sound file for a female deputy, and you can see her stand in front of the Sandy Shore Sheriff's Station, and she can do all the cop things, so she even is in the game already! She just doesn't spawn on patrol or anywhere else.

It'd be really hard to walk or drive in Los Angeles and NOT see a ladycop or a firewoman.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
First it's the female playable character, then it's the fat female playable character. Then it's the trans fat female playable character who is a slamwhale. Next thing you know you're an otherkin tumblr sjw feminist in GTA.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I really wish there were less steps involved in getting into some action on GTA Online. RDR's "pick a mode => run around and punch your opponents in the auto-matched lobby => start game" was quick and easy and I have no idea why they decided to put so many drat menus and load times between me and shooting a man in the face.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I'm a White CIS Scum for stealing the Infernus from the female NPC, instead of stealing That Car From The Italian Job from the male NPC.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Next GTA game might stick with the switchable 3 protags routine, except there's a female protag included among them.

Set it in Vice City and have the woman be like Griselda Blanco, a retired drug kingpin who'd essentially be a cross between Tommy Vercetti and Michael Townley.

ellbent posted:

I really wish there were less steps involved in getting into some action on GTA Online. RDR's "pick a mode => run around and punch your opponents in the auto-matched lobby => start game" was quick and easy and I have no idea why they decided to put so many drat menus and load times between me and shooting a man in the face.

If nothing else then yeah, I'd love RDR's loading/lobby system where they give you poo poo to do while you wait for people to join. As long as it involves punching people.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vahakyla posted:

Please give me an option to ban clothing. My Trevor is in a nice set of a charcoal sweater and suit pants, and his insanity is better with the contrast to his sleek clothing. But often he likes to switch into his trailer trash clothing.
Same with Franklin, dude comes out of the mansion into his nice luxury car...

...with a goddamn under armor poo poo and baggy pants.

I realize that they are their own characters with their own styles, but I want to be able to control their story a bit, too.

I find this infuriating. I feel like Rockstar has a tendency to do a thing and then ignore all feedback everyone gives them for no particular reason.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Am I crazy, or was there a way to ride around the golf course on golf carts during a golf game? I could've sworn it was possible back on 360 but I played a round of golf last night and I didn't see the option to do that anywhere. :confused:

Edit: I should specify this is on Online.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Antoine Silvere posted:

Am I crazy, or was there a way to ride around the golf course on golf carts during a golf game? I could've sworn it was possible back on 360 but I played a round of golf last night and I didn't see the option to do that anywhere. :confused:

You can, I did it when I golfed. But I'm pretty sure you have to manually drive the cart to the next hole and if you skip a hole it'll probably be back wherever you left it.

edit: Also yeah you probably should've specified that since I haven't played it online...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I AM BRAWW posted:

First it's the female playable character, then it's the fat female playable character. Then it's the trans fat female playable character who is a slamwhale. Next thing you know you're an otherkin tumblr sjw feminist in GTA.

This is just Saint's Row, though.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I think I hosed something up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol. Quote this post if you gave Franklin an epic afro+beard combo and put him in a dapper suit... none of that trashy ghetto nonsense.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

End-Game Spoilers: How does it end if you don't pick the 'Deathwish' option?

Definitely very pleased with this purchase, and the quality of the port. Wish I had something better than a 580 though :(

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Fat_Cow posted:

I think I hosed something up.

You been hittin' on that bong in your apartment too much Son.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

New Leaf posted:

What is the CORRECT way to transfer a PC save to a new machine? My new computer will be up and running tomorrow afternoon, so I need to move my game over. I was hoping the Cloud would be the way to go.

I actually just moved it over to a new windows install 2 days ago simply by backing up/copying over the C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rockstar Games folder. All the saved games are there as far as I can tell, specifically in the "Profiles" folder. I'm not sure why the cloud wouldn't work though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

are there even any mods for this game yet?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is this game trying to save to my C drive for videos? Can I change that?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

It actually kinda bugs me how absent women are from the game, besides being crazy bitch characters.

There are no cops,

There are woman cops, dude, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2Z8r9Rohk

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

There are woman cops, dude, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2Z8r9Rohk

I like how you glossed over the part where I specifically mention this one single female deputy in front of the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station that never spawns anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol. Quote this post if you gave Franklin an epic afro+beard combo and put him in a dapper suit... none of that trashy ghetto nonsense.

I gave him a 'fro + beard combo, but gave him the most 70s outfit possible. Same for Trevor and Mike.

DISCO CRIME

• Locked thread