Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Abyssal Squid posted:

I love this poo poo. Jhmm yes, environmental regulations, how do I depict those... I know, as a pipe spewing sewage uncontrollably into the watershed! Next I will have a mugger holding up a Californian with a gun labeled Gun Control.

I think you're too late, I'm almost sure I've seen at least one cartoon with a gun labelled "gun control" being used to mug someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Did Tinsley previously make actual editorial cartoons before Mallard? Or was it always pseudo-funnies in the horizontal strip format?

I've seen story illustrations drawn by him, but I he came up with Mallard fairly early into his career at the Progress.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

vyelkin posted:

Did Tinsley previously make actual editorial cartoons before Mallard? Or was it always pseudo-funnies in the horizontal strip format?

Yeah, Tinsley used to do traditional-format editorial cartoons. Here's a few:

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 20, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Trying to guess where Saddam is hiding the nukes is foolish, as they do not exist. Searching for them is a waste of time and money. AGC.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Is this one a reference to Israeli lynch mobs literally lighting up a Palestinian kid or two last year or?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Is this one a reference to Israeli lynch mobs literally lighting up a Palestinian kid or two last year or?

Wait, what?

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

He forgot the roaches running out of the shower drain.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
For $100, you can buy this stunning piece by Tinsley.

I don't even know who that's supposed to be. The sales page doesn't say.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/12499-israeli-settlers-kidnap-burn-and-kill-palestinian-boy-in-jerusalem

Happened at the same time Israel was bombing the poo poo out of the Gaza Strip last year.

e: Also, some political cartoons that I haven't seen posted yet:

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 21, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Like, literally three people on the GOP side have actually made an announcement. It's just really sad to reach this far.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Xander77 posted:

English is like one of the few Romance languages in which Cancer (the disease) and the animal on the astrological sign aren't named the same.

English is not a Romance language, it's Germanic. As for using different terms, it's English taking some terms from Latin roots instead of Germanic. "Crab" descends from a German root (from which the modern German word "Krabbe" also descends) while "cancer" just comes straight from the Latin.

Anyway, with as many labels as he uses, you'd think Ross Gosse's cartoons would at least make sense.

(1)
The cross dressing Hillary Clinton impersonator makes a good point.

(2)
Local, just posting because a magician happened I guess? I don't know.

Joe Liccar is still pumping out Hillary Cartoons, no caricature yet though.

(3)
Nobody supports Hillary.

(4)
Everybody supports Hillary. Also, Uncle Sam been working out.

E: Does Ross Gosse think women are an ethnic minority? Does he think that Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren are the same person? Is he commenting on Rubio being an ethnic minority, and if so, what's the comment?

Not My Leg fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 21, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
You might also remember the rather infamous incident of Israel purposely shelling four Palestinian children who were playing soccer on a beach, then re-aiming to take a second shot at the survivors.

It's been almost a year since the Gaza slaughter, that weird time when Latuff's usually completely over-the-top drawings didn't go far enough in matching that horror of what was happening on the ground.

E:
On a funnier topic:

Xander77 posted:

English is like one of the few Romance languages in which Cancer (the disease) and the animal on the astrological sign aren't named the same.

How can the Mobile Oppression Palace function without the palace?:v:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 21, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wow, the opposite of reality copter.

Never thought I'd see a McCoy use privilege. Oh, and nice stubble on her legs and face. Super mature.

A good Catalino, which is still a really lovely cartoon despite it obviously being traced. Find a new job, dude.

Bob the Angry Flower: Origins

What could possibly go wrong?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

In order: Rubio is on a downward trend, Bush is mostly pointing to his name, Huckabee will go in any direction, as will Trump (but Trump does not go up), Fellure has no direction except for that which was awkwardly stapled to him, ETC exists, Walker is going down, Paul is going down, Cruz is going in circles, Santorum goes both ways :pervert:, Christie is a ripoff of Cruz but wider, Carson is a ripoff of Christie but smaller, Perry is confused, Jindal is going back on iteself, and Graham appears to be eating itself.

Meanwhile, Hillary goes forward, O'Malley is self-referential, and Webb is only going up.

And everyone is trying very hard to be Hillary.

E: Better description of Fellure.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 21, 2015

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

OAquinas posted:

Point of order: this is not a boot. Back to art school, Wuerker.

Uh. What is this poo poo, Wuerker. You didn't draw the metaphor as a 100 percent literal thing, in pictures exactly of what the words say??? What a fucker... I want to make fun of you for drawing a boot licker and then labeling it a bootlicker you piece of crap art man. Go back to idiot school, they're running out of you!! to teach!!

Son of Isaac posted:

VPA judge posted:

It's really funny in its simplicity. It takes a normal bit in a store (xxx on Aisle 7) and turns on what has
become a commonplace nightmare (hacking), something readers/consumers can really relate to. It's
well-drawn and looks just like your average Home Depot guy!

Now here's a guy who gets political cartoons.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Scottish National party – A bit like a new volcanic island whose molten rock can still be reshaped, the SNP under Nicola Sturgeon has adapted faster than others to the strange new environment of minority government"

Telegraph:

Election 2015: Sir John Major warns of Labour-SNP deal

Independent:

Mail:
Mac on... Nicola Sturgeon's boast that she can 'lead the UK'

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Wow, the opposite of reality copter.

God.. the tail literally had an image of the US Postal Service!! How the hell is he getting "shrink the government" from that?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cpt.Americant posted:

God.. the tail literally had an image of the US Postal Service!! How the hell is he getting "shrink the government" from that?

This man is insanely dumb.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rorus Raz posted:

A good Catalino, which is still a really lovely cartoon despite it obviously being traced. Find a new job, dude.

What'd he do this time? I don't keep up to date on tv personalities.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Manuel Calavera posted:

Advocate diet pills that are probably neither safe nor effective.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Every time I see that picture of him, I think he's wearing one of those visor/wig combos

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mister Beeg posted:

"The Conservative Base"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000 posted:

The talking dog is a character Seth already did for an early Cartoon Network short.

It was also a ripoff of Peabody and Sherman.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

From a brief search the only non-Bill/Hillary fanfic I could find was Bill/Macklemore

I've seen non-Bill Hillary erotic fanfic. Mid 1960's era Hillary, though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dick-arm McNelly, inventor of the bras d'honneur.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i get that he's insanely dumb, but how do you go from "retired postal worker who wants more government restrictions on campaign finance" to "hardcore he wants limited government." Is there some connection in right-wing land that makes this an obvious leap?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

It looks vaguely like Ed Koch to me.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Cpt.Americant posted:

i get that he's insanely dumb, but how do you go from "retired postal worker who wants more government restrictions on campaign finance" to "hardcore he wants limited government." Is there some connection in right-wing land that makes this an obvious leap?
The connection between 'a thing happened' and 'conservatives are always right'. Obama already gave the left everything they would want so anyone that criticizes the government in any way must agree with conservatives.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

Columbia University gave him a faculty appointment, a group of doctors are calling him out on his bullshit, and now Oz is responding. So that's a thing.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Abyssal Squid posted:

I love this poo poo. Jhmm yes, environmental regulations, how do I depict those... I know, as a pipe spewing sewage uncontrollably into the watershed! Next I will have a mugger holding up a Californian with a gun labeled Gun Control.

I'm 110 percent positive I've seen exactly that. While I look, have this other cartoon on the issue of gun control:

I like Zyglis and I'm glad he won, he's a younger guy from New York who just got married recently. Here's one I like from that Pullitzer page:

e: close enough!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rorus Raz posted:

We should look at the big screen TV right next to us more often!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm 110 percent positive I've seen exactly that.

Sorry, I was still speaking in my Bad At Metaphors Cartoonist voice there, I know there's a ton of cartoons that use that metaphor. I just thought the pipe was an equally outrageous case of "label bad thing as 'opposite of bad thing.'"

Rorus Raz posted:

That's right, ISIS, have you tried being white?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ker-white

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Somfin posted:

In order: Rubio is on a downward trend, Bush is mostly pointing to his name, Huckabee will go in any direction, as will Trump (but Trump does not go up), Fellure has no direction except for that which was awkwardly stapled to him, ETC exists, Walker is going down, Paul is going down, Cruz is going in circles, Santorum goes both ways :pervert:, Christie is a ripoff of Cruz but wider, Carson is a ripoff of Christie but smaller, Perry is confused, Jindal is going back on iteself, and Graham appears to be eating itself.

Meanwhile, Hillary goes forward, O'Malley is self-referential, and Webb is only going up.

And everyone is trying very hard to be Hillary.

E: Better description of Fellure.
So is the cartoonist admitting that Hillary is the front runner for not only Democrats but republicans as well? The visual metaphor is so bizarre. Why use Hillary's slogan as the template for everyone else's? What does that mean?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Day By Day:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/NARcLYy.jpg :nws:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I guess Ron Paul is too old to run, eh?

Won't be the same primary without him and his frothing followers :smith:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

I guess Ron Paul is too old to run, eh?

Won't be the same primary without him and his frothing followers :smith:

You know they're all going to follow Rand Paul instead. The House of Paul must always have a candidate.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

Never thought I'd see a McCoy use privilege. Oh, and nice stubble on her legs and face. Super mature.
are those...... Pubes?

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Haha how does Bok think computers work? How do you hack a tax refund? Is it like hacking a cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

dougdrums posted:

Haha how does Bok think computers work? How do you hack a tax refund? Is it like hacking a cartoon?

Are you Chinese?

• Locked thread