Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Ehehehehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Who needs Al Duchscherer?

It's me. I do. :(

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

AlleyViper posted:

Who needs Al Duchscherer?

It's me. I do. :(

abloo bloo bloo you've won like 20 out of the last 30 to climb back into a commanding lead in the division

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not allowed to be sad that my favorite HBD player is injured and probably permanently deflated independent of my team's performance?

Also three games is an interesting definition of commanding and you've made up three games in just our last eight because I suddenly can't beat 89% Vic Altuves so

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Meanwhile my team's already 6 losses worse than last season, guess Chris Harper was the glue holding everything together vOv

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

I'm not allowed to be sad that my favorite HBD player is injured and probably permanently deflated independent of my team's performance?

you are not

all pitchers must die

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Yeah he's really keeping my team in the race

e: re: Harper
drat you chutwig

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

What the hell happened to Toronto. There is no way I should be anywhere but last place in this division.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Well gently caress you too Kyle Sparks :mad:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Hey Pecota stop losing to Quaker

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Hey Pecota stop losing to Quaker

Well if you would have just asked before the series...

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
All aboard the loving good player injury carousel

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Furio Martin (he of the extremely flimsy 71 health rating) has hit the 15-day DL for the third time this season.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Wally :(

All Pitchers Must Die

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Capt Murphy posted:

Wally :(

All Pitchers Must Die

Sorry. :sympathy:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

DEATH

TO

ALL

PITCHERS

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I lost Priest for the season before the playoffs in S24 and still won it all so surely one of nasboat's 12-deep Frankenteams can survive

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Davewillie better look out because I'm gonna catch up to him and fast

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

god my old rear end team still owns.

Bo Hall is hitting .347/.424/.533 since Brian Brown died.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Well that's a pretty innocuous update...

quote:

All,

We released a minor update this AM. It includes:

Inbox page - ability to move up/down messages as well as delete and move to the next message
Edit Rosters page - any player involved in a pending move is now highlighted for better tracking
Edit Rosters page - position player and pitcher sections now include a player count total, as well as pending change totals
Players can now be classified via their Player Profile. We left this vague, so it can have different meanings to each owner. A player can have no classification, red, orange or green. Once classified, a colored dot will appear to the left of the player on all pages. This can help you better track prospects, rule 5 draftees, diamonds in the rough, etc. Easy to use, carries with you from season-to-season.

This is the start of more frequent updates. We have more on the horizon and will be attempting to push an update every other month. Future updates will have a bit more depth.

We hope you find these updates useful. We continue to monitor suggestions in the forums and submitted in tickets.

Thank you!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Which I like, they should be releasing small updates more often. Also probably means bigger stuff is coming.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

AlleyViper posted:

Ooh, I like the 'highlighted pending move' one. That's going to be helpful for the annual sortin' o' the minors at the beginning of the season.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Nice to see an eye toward details even if larger stuff hasn't had its release (yet)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I really don't see the point of the color coding stuff, but if this is round 1 of many rounds of major updates, I can't complain.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Happy they added option count to the roster page.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm just gonna say that if Anibal Beltre beats Chick Wehner in the PM2 cycle my season's dead

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'd like to thank my team for deciding they didn't want to be above .500 and making GBS threads the bed.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm just gonna say that if Anibal Beltre beats Chick Wehner in the PM2 cycle my season's dead

Nothing can stop the Animal

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

JFC

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

laffo

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Blurrrrrrgh Todd Davis for infinity years of Cla Walsh

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

AlleyViper posted:

To be fair there's an arb 3 issue there which means Cla is going FA no matter what if he stays with Richmond

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

Well, hopefully infinity years

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

If he doesn't re-sign I assume it will be because it's so late in the season. I've intentionally sought out high patience Arb 3 guys in the past because I've expected to re-sign them and wasn't ever burned, but I dont' recally ever acquiring any of them after the off-season.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

and as gardenald predicted, b-jax has come into his just reward

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Elcano starts tonight. I assume he'll be next.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
We have some unfortunate news for you: Brandon Jackson at the ML level will be out about 90 HBD days stemming from his recent injury [Shoulder, labrum tear]. A trip to the 60-Day Disabled List is recommended. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Marvelous Marvin or Silver Hammer Maxwell will be up for their turn with the reaper shortly

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I spent the entire offseason trying to trade for Cla Walsh and that's all he goes for? I hate you uublog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Trade for my scraps, idiots

• Locked thread