Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

You don't even need that. Hector Ramirez connects all three shows, plus Inhumanoids.

Now all we need is a way to wrangle Centurions: Power EXTREME into the Hasbro Animated Universe(tm) and the circle will be complete

edit: M.A.S.K. is integrated by way of Matt Tracker being issued as a GI Joe toy

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

It's both sad and highly amusing to watch all these suits at various companies and studios scrambling to create a _______ Cinematic Universe on the back of the MCU's success, while not understanding a single thing about that success.
It is sad, but it is sort of uplifting since the TCU might give them enough room to do something a little away from the main stuff.

This might lead to us getting a movie we actually find exciting, so while I'm a bit perturbed at Hollywood trends, I'm a little optimistic.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Besides it not being Disney, the largest stockholder of Hasbro only owns around 10%.

In Verai's defense, it's not bullshit he made up. TFW posted a story months back that made the 30% Disney claim.

Yeah, I found that story in trying to figure out what he was talking about :

"Disney; who roughly own 30% of Hasbro's business, also expressed a negative reaction to the deal."

I think this is just a lovely writer trying to repurpose the more commonly cited fact that about 30% of Hasbro's products are Disney licenses, using the worst imaginable phrasing. Further points off for using a semicolon for no reason and for placing an adverb of manner before the verb.

Spiderdrake posted:

It is sad, but it is sort of uplifting since the TCU might give them enough room to do something a little away from the main stuff.

This might lead to us getting a movie we actually find exciting, so while I'm a bit perturbed at Hollywood trends, I'm a little optimistic.

I really want to see it that way, but Akiva Goldsman heading up the TCU project is not a confidence booster.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 21, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Besides it not being Disney, the largest stockholder of Hasbro only owns around 10%.

In Verai's defense, it's not bullshit he made up. TFW posted a story months back that made the 30% Disney claim.

Which was all misreported. Disney was looking to buy as much as 30% of Hasbro at one time.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

therealjon_ posted:

Got this dude in today and he's really pretty!

Omg so jealous

In other news, Star Saber is the loving poo poo.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

It's all going to have to maintain the same ugly shard look though, which sucks. We need a cinematic Multiverse so we can get a visual reboot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hasbro's shareholders are public knowledge. Here you go. No Disney.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Is that Vos figure worth over $100 shipped though? It's the size of a deluxe isn't it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I have no knees!

But of course I have ankle tilts, you can't not have ankle tilts these days!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Am I reading this right, they said Transformers grew very fast in the last quarter
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/hasbro-2015-q1-earnings-conference-call-transformers-saves-the-day-182514/

The last quarter was all just Generations stuff as far as majority of the new toys went, no? Like RID wasn't out until after January and they also cite the tail end of 2014 which again was all generations since the movie line was over.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

It's all going to have to maintain the same ugly shard look though, which sucks. We need a cinematic Multiverse so we can get a visual reboot.
They've been gradually moving away from that, though. All the newer designs, other than that garbage transforming effect, didn't really have the broken glass faces.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The last quarter was all just Generations stuff as far as majority of the new toys went, no? Like RID wasn't out until after January and they also cite the tail end of 2014 which again was all generations since the movie line was over.
Does laughing at this count as being taint reaped, or like, when does the taint reaping commence?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The reaping comes when you least expect it.

I'm not implying CW doesn't sell well but clearly the AoE product did contribute greatly to those numbers, much to the annoyance of some peeps out there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just can't stand the Bayformer toys and the RID toys all have Stay-puft face and look like Babies in sho-gun armor.

I would much prefer generations being the big deal thing they make most of the money on because comics are demanding their own TV show at this point. But the movies have been greenlit until 2017 or whatever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I'm not implying CW doesn't sell well but clearly the AoE product did contribute greatly to those numbers, much to the annoyance of some peeps out there.
I don't really want to get into My Favorite Tribal argument but CW could be a good chunk of the Q1 numbers, but they don't seem to really split it up in a meaningful way unless you have crazy wizard eyes.

The only thing that weirds me out is like, what's next? We know the next two leader assortments, Defensor is going to show up state side any time and there will be some revision cases but uh, after that...?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
RID Deployer Drift is the fabled "car full of midgets" and for that I hate him for it.

Spiderdrake posted:

The only thing that weirds me out is like, what's next? We know the next two leader assortments, Defensor is going to show up state side any time and there will be some revision cases but uh, after that...?
From what I understand the wave after White Prime and Autobot limbs wave 4 the wave 5 is going to be deluxe repackages of wave 1, Brawn and Gnaw for Legends, Titan Devastator, and maybe another leader guy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just can't stand the Bayformer toys and the RID toys all have Stay-puft face and look like Babies in sho-gun armor.

I would much prefer generations being the big deal thing they make most of the money on because comics are demanding their own TV show at this point. But the movies have been greenlit until 2017 or whatever.

Disliking the aesthetics is one thing, but some fans just go out of their way trying to prove that "see? see? what actually sells is generations, not that bay garbage!" and it's a bit silly, really. Plus I'd assume that movie product is probably manufactured in greater quantities and I know for certain that it's sold in more countries than Generations since they have the movie hype behind them. They do bring Hasbro lots of money which ends up getting us more generation figs so everything checks out. Plus they seem to really be pushing the Combiner Wars line an I couldn't be happier with its success.

I won't argue that an IDWverse-based cartoon wouldn't be cool as gently caress however, if done right.

NOT THIS GUY HOWEVER, HES HELLA SAD:

quote:

So I guess we're all stuck with simple cheaply made yet expensive Transformers for the time being...seeing as it worked beautifully apparently... :(

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Yeah, we're totally "stuck" with Combiner Wars. What a dark time. We'll just have to suck it up, I suppose.

TFW. :rolleyes:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Am I stupid for wanting a combiner wars Liokaiser? I've never even seen the bloody show but I just think it'd be neat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Asphyxious posted:

Am I stupid for wanting a combiner wars Liokaiser? I've never even seen the bloody show but I just think it'd be neat.

nope I'd want one as well and I've only seen a handful of episodes(Dinoking would also be bitching), plus Liokaiser would be really easy to do since it'd mostly be doing some mild remolding on pre-existing molds

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Captain Magic posted:

Omg so jealous

In other news, Star Saber is the loving poo poo.

I just wanna shout "Braaaaaaaaaaaain of Courrrrrrrrrrrrrrage!" every time I see him. I would have liked to have gotten him but the guy is just too darn big for my already limited tat space.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Goon posted:

Is that Vos figure worth over $100 shipped though? It's the size of a deluxe isn't it?

That's a tough call, I preordered the initial release from PSX so it came to about $75 shipped. I still felt it was a high price, especially for MMC who have kept their prices relatively reasonable. I don't have any buyer's remorse though, he's a fantastic figure and so poseable.

I guess it depends on how much you want the DJD or just Vos. I probably still would at the new price just because I do want all those guys.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
He's rather slight for a $100 figure. But he does look neato.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Sentinel Red posted:

I just wanna shout "Braaaaaaaaaaaain of Courrrrrrrrrrrrrrage!" every time I see him. I would have liked to have gotten him but the guy is just too darn big for my already limited tat space.

I have an actual zero amount of interest in Star Saber as a character and I am in love with this toy. He's so well put together. So chunky and solid and badass. I thought his chest gimmick was kind of lame until I realized I was putting it in wrong, now it is the absolute best.

I got Vos because I'll snatch up any DJD character and any MMC toy pretty much instantly. They've earned my faith.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Could someone tell me what DJD means?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Could someone tell me what DJD means?

Deception Justice Division. I think. Roberts' "new" Anti-Wreckers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Deception Justice Division. I think. Roberts' "new" Anti-Wreckers.

Not so much Anti-wreckers as Imperial Commissars. (The Opposite Wreckers was Squadron X.) They hunt down and murder those Decepticons deemed deserters, or traitors, or heretics, or otherwise insufficiently dedicated to the cause.

Of course they're also happy to gently caress up Autobots, but it's not their raison d'etre.

Also, Taint, you could have typed DJD into TFWiki's search bar.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Their leader is the most whedonian thing since the script of last stand of the wreckers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Another Botcon exclusive is going to be "Boss" Megatron, the Japan-only Prime Breakdown mold with a new head and painted to look like a garbage truck. (I didn't watch the video with sound so I don't know if he's SUPPOSED to look like a garbage truck, but c'mon. If Oscar The Grouch turned into anything, he'd look exactly like that.)

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Another Botcon exclusive is going to be "Boss" Megatron, the Japan-only Prime Breakdown mold with a new head and painted to look like a garbage truck. (I didn't watch the video with sound so I don't know if he's SUPPOSED to look like a garbage truck, but c'mon. If Oscar The Grouch turned into anything, he'd look exactly like that.)
Holy poo poo those Botcon reveal videos are tough to stomach. That Megatron looks pretty good though I could do without the dumpy poo poo colors.

Ah, who am I kidding I just want Prime Breakdown.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is it supposed to represent DOTM Megatron? Is the lil' white guy Scalpel? Judging by the cowcatcher it's actually the Silas Breakdown mold.

I can't remember where I heard this, but I think they asked Fakebuster for help designing the new heads for this year's exclusives. That guy makes some cool 3d work.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The shiny cowcatcher really stands out against the mud-splatter paint job.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cybertron's Most Wanted
When I see a coveted mold I wanna paint it poo poo

Ka0 posted:

Their leader is the most whedonian thing since the script of last stand of the wreckers.
is this like bad, or good, or what now

I'm saying this as someone who largely dislikes the DJD

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

Another Botcon exclusive is going to be "Boss".....

gently caress yeah! I've been waiting a long time for an update for Boss!

Phy posted:

......Megatron, the Japan-only Prime Breakdown mold with a new head and painted to look like a garbage truck.

Goddamnit!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ka0 posted:

I believe the word you are looking for is "Whedonesque."

Spiderdrake posted:

Cybertron's Most Wanted
is this like bad, or good, or what now

I'm saying this as someone who largely dislikes the DJD

Joss Whedon has a noticeable pattern. It's better than many, many, *many* other patterns out there, but it really annoys some people. People who like different types of easily predictable stuff. Boring stuff. What I'm saying is that Cabin In The Woods is Prime Whedon, and if you like it's take on horror movies you should track down the rest of his stuff, like Buffy, Angel, the Avengers movies, Firefly and Serenity.

The Whedon Pattern goes something like: Somebody you like will die, you probably won't see it coming. It will be sad. There will be banter, before/after/during the death. Things won't be quite as predictable as you think things will be. It will basically be like Last Stand Of The Wreckers.

Joss Whedon also popularized Modern American English, especially with regards to adverbs. Things aren't poo poo, they're lovely, for instance. A poo poo car is a car literally made out of poop, a lovely car is not a good car.

James Roberts is a very British Whedonesque. What is he like?

I can't think of any other uniquely British turns of phrases that MY 'MERCAN CARTOON CHARACTERS sometimes spout for odd reasons at the moment.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Lepecard posted:

gently caress yeah! I've been waiting a long time for an update for Boss!

You could easily make a CW team for the Turbomasters out of repaints. Damned if I know who they could repaint into Rotorstorm, though...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Diet Poison posted:

You could easily make a CW team for the Turbomasters out of repaints. Damned if I know who they could repaint into Rotorstorm, though...

whirl for irony points

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Joss Whedon also popularized Modern American English, especially with regards to adverbs. Things aren't poo poo, they're lovely, for instance. A poo poo car is a car literally made out of poop, a lovely car is not a good car.

This is all kinds of wrong I don't know where to start. Do you know what an adverb is?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I can't think of any other uniquely British turns of phrases that MY 'MERCAN CARTOON CHARACTERS sometimes spout for odd reasons at the moment.

He uses 'mate' every so often, and little phrases here and there that only work in an English accent[1]. Even as an actual Brit, it's a little jarring because the bots all sound MURICAN in my head.

[1] it's like hearing Anglophile American friends of mine use 'bloody' or 'bloody hell'. It's such an English/British turn of phrase that it's absolutely horrible to hear said in an American accent, and I cringe every time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Diet Poison posted:

Damned if I know who they could repaint into Rotorstorm, though...
Either this is unintentionally beautiful or just super beautiful.

Either way, bravo.

Joss Whedon has a noticeable pattern.
I was interested in Ka0's opinion because I like Ka0. Not a paragraph on what a Whedon is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Alpha Bravo is here to save G1