Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Groogy posted:

No not next one, but its certainly something we want to do.

drat, can't believe these are still coming out. I'll buy them, though I've promised myself I will never play the game again, for fear of killing myself off from sitting around for too long, glued to my screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

As a Norseman in Finland i didn't get that option.

Well yeah, you're in Finland. Norse splits into Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish depending on the kingdom and Norman if they control a Frankish, French, Occitan, or Breton province.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Well yeah, you're in Finland. Norse splits into Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish depending on the kingdom and Norman if they control a Frankish, French, Occitan, or Breton province.

What do you need to control to be russian? I Figured I might turn russian since I had suomenusko territories but

Oh wait I think I had turned those regions Norse by that time?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sometimes I think it would be cool to stop playing as my ruler, and just start playing as one of my heirs. Even if I was unlanded I could just gently caress off and join the varangian guard, or get an arranged marriage to someone I hate, maybe plot and kill my brother who's the only competition to the throne. I doubt it's possible to do any of that if I was just part of someone's court, although it'd be easy enough to console it and just pick a landed heir.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Sometimes I think it would be cool to stop playing as my ruler, and just start playing as one of my heirs. Even if I was unlanded I could just gently caress off and join the varangian guard, or get an arranged marriage to someone I hate, maybe plot and kill my brother who's the only competition to the throne. I doubt it's possible to do any of that if I was just part of someone's court, although it'd be easy enough to console it and just pick a landed heir.

yeah you can just play charid someone else as long they're landed

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

What do you need to control to be russian? I Figured I might turn russian since I had suomenusko territories but

Oh wait I think I had turned those regions Norse by that time?

My mistake, I was thinking of Severians, Volhynians, and Ilmenians, who will turn Russian if their owner is not an unreformed pagan, not East Slavic or Finno Ugric, or is already Russian. I think it used to be that you had be Norse to convert those cultures into Russian, but they've changed it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

My mistake, I was thinking of Severians, Volhynians, and Ilmenians, who will turn Russian if their owner is not an unreformed pagan, not East Slavic or Finno Ugric, or is already Russian. I think it used to be that you had be Norse to convert those cultures into Russian, but they've changed it.

I like it when they do stuff like that. I wish there was more stuff like it! A cultural change mechanic might be neat, give you a random culture name or something derived from where you are located, if you're one culture ruling over another like in England post Hastings.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

I like it when they do stuff like that. I wish there was more stuff like it! A cultural change mechanic might be neat, give you a random culture name or something derived from where you are located, if you're one culture ruling over another like in England post Hastings.

Normans will convert Anglo-Saxon provinces into English provinces after 1150.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Normans will convert Anglo-Saxon provinces into English provinces after 1150.

I figured I'm just saying I wish there was custom stuff for that. Like if you take over Finland as the Norse (edit and move your capital there) you could become Finno-Nordic or something. Nordo-Ugric. Whatever!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

You can but they won't be merchant republics that give you tons of cash because of trading ports. A republic needs access to the sea for that.

How do I do so? The option doesn't seem to appear but the Feudal option does.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

How do I do so? The option doesn't seem to appear but the Feudal option does.

You need to move your capital to the coast.

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I still just wish I could disband the HRE.

Even better would be a "destroy title" console command. I'd love to be able to just shatter bigger realms on a whim.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I started this game in 157 as Daeron the Young Dragon. When I got bored of ruling over everything I started playing as the Boltons in the same game.

I was this dude's father, but the Tullys were assholes and tried to steal my title. The Boltons, Karstarks, and Umbers led a futile rebellion against them and got crushed. I met Jorah Reed in battle, but his bodyguard jumped in front of him, so I slew him. Jorah then killed me. I surrendered to the Tullys and got out because I chose trial by combat. The Umbers got their titles revoked so my goal is to restore them.

The Starks and Lannisters are totally extinct because the last Stark declared himself the King in the North then got burned alive by a dragon. The Lannisters went extinct because of marriages.

Look at that mess! The Iron Throne is also on minimum CA so nobody can change flank leaders, which sucks.

'Dragontamer' :rolleyes:

You don't even own a dragon!

This mod is way too fun.

edit: jesus christ, they just revoked Karhold, all my allies are gone!

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 21, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yo gently caress horse archers. It is loving bullshit that I can lose a battle where I have 27k troops defending against 18k crossing a river just because they have a thousand horse archers. And all of my commanders had 22 martial and none of theirs were over 17. gently caress!

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yo gently caress horse archers. It is loving bullshit that I can lose a battle where I have 27k troops defending against 18k crossing a river just because they have a thousand horse archers. And all of my commanders had 22 martial and none of theirs were over 17. gently caress!

How many light infantry did you have?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Were you fighting Steppe Nomads (Cumans, Pechenegs, Mongols, Kimaks, etcs)? They have a special tactic that allows them to boost horse archer attacks by an insane amount and sets the fight back to the skirmish phase, where your infantry are useless.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Were you fighting Steppe Nomads (Cumans, Pechenegs, Mongols, Kimaks, etcs)? They have a special tactic that allows them to boost horse archer attacks by an insane amount and sets the fight back to the skirmish phase, where your infantry are useless.

Abbasids. And I don't think I had too much light infantry.

E: okay maybe I had a lot of light infantry. I make do with what my vassals give me I guess.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Abbasids. And I don't think I had too much light infantry.

E: okay maybe I had a lot of light infantry. I make do with what my vassals give me I guess.

Light infantry is really bad. Like losing 2v1 against heavy infantry bad and Abbasids probably had a lot of cavalry to murk your light infantry.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

xXWehrabooXx posted:

Light infantry is really bad. Like losing 2v1 against heavy infantry bad and Abbasids probably had a lot of cavalry to murk your light infantry.

Good to know. Lucky the dumbass caliph divided his forces to try and conquer Alexandria faster and I crushed his smaller army. Attrition and the Varangian guard took care of the rest.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
Do cathars get penalty towards revolts because I keep getting spammed with them.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

T___A posted:

Do cathars get penalty towards revolts because I keep getting spammed with them.

Low moral authority?

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

xXWehrabooXx posted:

Low moral authority?
I don't think so since they're just regular peasant revolts.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

T___A posted:

I don't think so since they're just regular peasant revolts.

So it's not a religious revolt?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can anyone think up a cool name for a Dynasty based out of Carcassone?

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

xXWehrabooXx posted:

So it's not a religious revolt?
No they're not.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, before I release v 0.2 of BlackDeathMod, I need a couple things:

Romuva struck by the Plague responses-- This is what characters of a certain faith say in response to a religion getting hit with the plague.
Reformed Romuva:
Old Romuva:
Muslim:
Christian:

Suomenusko plague responses--
Reformed:
Old:
Muslim:
Christian:

Slavic plague responses
Reformed:
Old:
Muslim:
Christian:

With those done, I can release v 0.2, which adds:
  • Quarantining - I really need other people to check if this works well.

• An additional bookmark in addition to the 1304 one, the new one shall be in 1279, the year that Ivaljo the Cabbage ruled. Ivaljo was the leader of Europe's only successful overthrow of a monarch by peasants. This should give you some time for monarchs to have kids and alliances, just in time for the world to go to hell.

• All non-heresies with a religious head will get the MA penalty, alongside an improved system for it occuring.

Looking forward to testing it with you guys. I'm still working on the flavor events.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

T___A posted:

No they're not.

Unrest caused by a main religion (If yours is still considered a heresy) always manifests as peasant revolts.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
Also you will have increased revolt risk if your provinces haven't converted to Cathar yet but are ruled by Cathars.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Mending the great schism owns. Errbody wanna be my vassal now.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
How stable, balanced and fun is CK2+ nowdays? Anyone here playing the current version?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

The Yellowkings?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

the new one shall be in 1279, the year that Ivaljo the Cabbage ruled. Ivaljo was the leader of Europe's only successful overthrow of a monarch by peasants. This should give you some time for monarchs to have kids and alliances, just in time for the world to go to hell.

Oh man, that was a fun playthrough. I became Emperor of Great Old Bulgaria while the Pope became ruler of Italy. :allears: I wonder how the Black Death would've affected it.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Mending the great schism owns. Errbody wanna be my vassal now.

Did you mend it before it happened?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does Sunset invasion work if you turn it on in the middle of a save?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

xXWehrabooXx posted:

Did you mend it before it happened?

Haha yeah by about 120 years

Alfred P. Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 22, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What determines which duchy which gavelkid gets?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

House Voleurs de Voitures

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

What determines which duchy which gavelkid gets?

I don't know but if real life functioned at all like my CK2 games do then a lot of fratricide went on.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Is there any way to disinherit my youngest son? He's born in the purple and therefore my heir but I'd much rather my eldest son, a genius and brilliant strategist, become Basileus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Is there any way to disinherit my youngest son? He's born in the purple and therefore my heir but I'd much rather my eldest son, a genius and brilliant strategist, become Basileus.

Give him the Despot title. Counts as being Born in the Purple.

• Locked thread