Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

quote:

Exploration & Itemization
General

Due to extensive pillaging, many containers in Mzeneldt (the Dwemer ruins from the Fighters Guild questline) and Avanchnzel (the Dwemer delve located in the Rift) have been ransacked, causing many of them to be emptier than before. We are looking at increasing the number of interactable objects in other Dwemer locations in the future.

:lol: RIP dwemer mule alts :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sucks, but to be expected. I was making over 10k a day with zero risk just farming stolen goods. There's still a good cash infusion even at 1/3 the value but that definitely felt like something that was going to be inflationary in game if left untouched. People with multiple VR alts could probably break 100k income every day.

Glad I got all my dwemer motifs when I did. They were starting to go as low as 4k gold so it wasn't really worth the trouble. If they're just touching those two dwemer ruins in particular the drop rate will still be decent.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

@Skizum84 for guild invites please, all of them.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

You can still make good ledgermain money making riften loops. Especially after getting passives in pick pocketing. Its not nearly as fast, but one loop and I can score about 20 greens or 2k.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

GuyUpNorth posted:

So the aforementioned anal spergs who want to squeeze every last second from Trial speedruns?

Nope, it's more of the "How DARE you even think of playing X with any other race besides Y! You'll gimp your character forever!" and the "EVERYTHING THAT I TRY TO DO ON MY CHARACTER SUCKS COMPARED TO THIS OTHER CHARACTER" along with "THIS THING IS ENTIRELY LORE-UNFRIENDLY! MY IMMERSIOOOOOON" and so on.

It's pretty much as if the Shivering Isles were an internet forum.

Krakatoah fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 20, 2015

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Do you need to be online to get a guild invite?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

FrancoFish posted:

Do you need to be online to get a guild invite?

No. Just give your "@account name" or "character name"

Some people still get that messed up.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Invite @dirtynub for lizard guild please

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

They nerfed ledgermain loot right as I roll a hilariously tiny woodelf sneakthief. :(

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Monohydrate posted:

They nerfed ledgermain loot right as I roll a hilariously tiny woodelf sneakthief. :(

Just gear laying out in the open. The real money, as was the case before, is in pickpocketing and safe cracking.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

No. Just give your "@account name" or "character name"

Some people still get that messed up.

I'll post it again then, was wondering since it'd been days. Wasn't sure if it was inactivity or me.

@francofish

Hisin Deep-Raed

I'll take invites to all three guilds if I can get them.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

FrancoFish posted:

I'll post it again then, was wondering since it'd been days. Wasn't sure if it was inactivity or me.

@francofish

Hisin Deep-Raed

I'll take invites to all three guilds if I can get them.

Definitely not inactivity. We've got a pretty regular bunch online in EP at all hours. A handful in DC, too. Just don't roll Nazi Elf faction.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Monohydrate posted:

Definitely not inactivity. We've got a pretty regular bunch online in EP at all hours. A handful in DC, too. Just don't roll Nazi Elf faction.

It's a carryover from release, when DC was the big guild. I'm an Imperial with DC, so.

Nukelear v.2
Jun 25, 2004
My optional title text
Can I get an invite on @Ammeline please? Ebonheart if that matters

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

You said you'd post a screenshot of your backpack elf :colbert:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lemmie get an invite, @Magmarashi to either of the non-craft guilds, doesn't matter I am a Cat

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Things like bag upgrades and horses seem obscenely expensive as a new player, I'm assuming you vets are rolling in stacks of gold. Just curious what level of riches you guys are at..

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

DanoTuka posted:

Things like bag upgrades and horses seem obscenely expensive as a new player, I'm assuming you vets are rolling in stacks of gold. Just curious what level of riches you guys are at..

Well, from what I gather I'm poor for someone who's played for as long as I have, and I've got 120k in hand right now.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/deltiasgaming/c/5970348
The nightblade shade ability is really awesome.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DanoTuka posted:

Got as high as 300k, then won a Barbaric motif, said "gently caress it" and bought the rest of the rare motifs. Also ended up rerolling my sorc to a caster build which meant a reset fee and new gear, which dropped me back to under 200k (190). Currently working back up at 210k.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How on earth do you guys make that kind of money?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Its pretty easy when you don't pour all of the gold you have into inventory slots. I hi I made about 60K over the weekend without really attempting to grind any of it.

Don't buy poo poo either. Stuff from NPCs is worthless trash, and until VR you don't need good gear and can survive off drops.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Crafting writs and crafter services. With max Alchemy you can make 11k for a stack of triple-stat potions with just 25 Bugloss, Columbine, and Mountain Flower. Writs also give chances to get some Legendary materials (Dreugh Wax, Tempering Alloy, Rosin, Kuta) which are always in demand.

I made even more by selling all the white drops I came across in the world, and just deconstructing green-level items and above.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Britt Burns posted:

You said you'd post a screenshot of your backpack elf :colbert:

Backpack Elf is here! eSporks has a video of me dancing next to a big Nord he rolled to compare sizes, too haha. The sense of scale you get while running around with him is ridiculous, everything looks huge.

He fits inside a laundry basket!

Standing next to a Clanfear:

Standing next to a Dwarven sphere:

Crouched next to a Bantam Guar:

Crouched by a nightstand:

Standing by a NPC and average height player:

Crouched next to a sack of food:

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Awesome, thanks guys. This thread has been a ton of help.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Please invite "Tom Waits" to the badass dark elf guild or whatever

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can you pick up a writ anywhere and have it scale to your crafting level?

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Please invite "Tom Waits" to the badass dark elf guild or whatever

Post your account name.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

@skizum84 for me, I'll take an invite to all three of the guilds.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I can't decide between Dragon Knight or Nightblade as my first character, though I know that I can pretty much do anything I fancy with either I'm not sure what the classes can do based on class skills alone, that and I'm likely to be rolling a Nord by the looks of it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Monohydrate posted:

Backpack Elf is here! eSporks has a video of me dancing next to a big Nord he rolled to compare sizes, too haha. The sense of scale you get while running around with him is ridiculous, everything looks huge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80wnSKOFw74

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

Ahahaha that's amazing! I wonder if your detection radius is smaller than that of a bigger character? I'm kind of jealous that I'm not a midget now :saddowns:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Krakatoah posted:

I can't decide between Dragon Knight or Nightblade as my first character, though I know that I can pretty much do anything I fancy with either I'm not sure what the classes can do based on class skills alone, that and I'm likely to be rolling a Nord by the looks of it.

If your trying to decide which class you want to play, check out ESO Head. You can do a character setup there and look at all the skills and morphs of each skill to get an idea of what you want, and how your going to get it.

A DK is incredibly survivable. You can and will be rolling through PVE content with ease and if you have your skills setup right you can stand face to face with anyone and last quite awhile. I've seen 5 or 6 players attacking a DK trying to bring him down and he lived a solid 20 seconds with multiple Templars and Sorcs blasting him with no support to heal him. Self heals, self shields and decent CC make him a beast.

My Dragon Knight is going to look like this when I'm done with him. Great survivability, great dps and I can switch him over to full sword/board for tanking dungeons.

NB is more.. I'm not sure honestly. I have not spent much time with them. You can look at the skills and search for NB builds and see if you like it.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 21, 2015

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

This game is giving me severe alt-itis. I now have a DK, Templar, and NB at lvl 20+. I thought I had settled on sticking with the Templar but now I really want to roll a sorc.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

bees everywhere posted:

This game is giving me severe alt-itis. I now have a DK, Templar, and NB at lvl 20+. I thought I had settled on sticking with the Templar but now I really want to roll a sorc.

Yeah I've been having the same problem with alt-itis. Only with sorcerers. I keep making sorcerers. I finally stuck with a high elf destruction staff sorcerer and having a great time.

That being said I feel like I have trouble making a class that can't command lightning from the sky to smite their enemies. Is there anything I can do with Dragonknight or Templar to have that same oomph as the sorcerer?? From what I've played so far of DK their attacks early on seem to be similar to weapon skill abilities and it makes it hard to decide to go with a stamina build or magicka.

I might just make another sorcerer. :smithicide:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

CruzerZERO posted:

Yeah I've been having the same problem with alt-itis. Only with sorcerers. I keep making sorcerers. I finally stuck with a high elf destruction staff sorcerer and having a great time.

That being said I feel like I have trouble making a class that can't command lightning from the sky to smite their enemies. Is there anything I can do with Dragonknight or Templar to have that same oomph as the sorcerer?? From what I've played so far of DK their attacks early on seem to be similar to weapon skill abilities and it makes it hard to decide to go with a stamina build or magicka.

You don't have to keep making Sorcs, just use your nazi elf one and stick with it. Nazi Elves have the best racial passives for magika in the game. When you get to your factions capital (usually around mid teens) there will be a respec shrine which costs XXX gold for every skill point you have. So if you really REALLY want to start over just respec your dude.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

CruzerZERO posted:

You can do heavy armor super tank DK, or light armor destruction staff super nuker DK.
Even the light armor DKs have huge survivability, swap to a sword and board and stack the block passives from that with the ones from the DK line, hold right click and just PBAOE everything.

Don't overlook the guild skills either, mages guild has some awesome skills and entropy with a destroy staff can turn anyone into a magicka DPS.

I am loving the hell out of my night blade. DPS is good enough to solo in PVE just fine at VR2, and in PvP you get to be a giant rear end in a top hat that can pick off targets and escape from zergs. Check out the video I posted a bit back of deltias discovering the shade ability.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My main is a dunmer DK caster with five pieces of light armor, two heavy armor (chest and helm) with sword and shield on one bar and a destro staff and its good dps and I can usually take a good amount of hits before dying. Thinking going back to restro staff next resoec though, miss having more utility.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

My main is a dunmer DK caster with five pieces of light armor, two heavy armor (chest and helm) with sword and shield on one bar and a destro staff and its good dps and I can usually take a good amount of hits before dying. Thinking going back to restro staff next resoec though, miss having more utility.

Why not swap between Destro and Restro depending on what your doing? I use Restro for world bosses and tanking soI can pop Ward when poo poo hits the fan. Works great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I like having a sword and shield so I can lie to myself I'm not completely a filthy mage :ohdear:

edit unless you mean keeping a retro staff on hand in inventory and switch out destro for it. Could work too, skill points a bit tight right now though with all my crafting skills.

• Locked thread