Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
So, the VK 28.01. Is this tank actually as hilarious as I think it is? Because I certainly don't remember that 105 being as effective on the Pz IV H as it is on this light tank with the worst camo rating of any tier VI light tank. Like - this thing is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really really realllllly want to get the 13 57. Do you think this is the only time they'll offer it?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

RandomPauI posted:

I really really realllllly want to get the 13 57. Do you think this is the only time they'll offer it?

Yes, to answer your question. Well, for a while.

Then they might offer it again, for a cash grab.

Then maybe a couple of times after that.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I present: Peak Pubbieon my part

Watch a VILIN player get banned for team damage for a TK that's honestly as much my fault as his. Perhaps a bit more my fault because I saw it coming and tried not to do it to him, but kept driving anyway because :rice:

Then watch us win despite having no right to, at all, and getting reset at 00 left on the clock multiple times. :psyduck:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Just get it! Who gives a poo poo about the WG racing stripes; the tank is baller as gently caress

As a side note: M18 Hellcat ace tanker badge can now be had for 1091 exp - or less. RIP, sweet prince. You were golden like a god. I wish I was good when you were.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 21, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

You copied the image without a link. On vbaddict look right below the image to get the BBCODE.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Desuwa posted:

You copied the image without a link. On vbaddict look right below the image to get the BBCODE.

It's barely even worth it...how the mighty hath fallen.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

So, the VK 28.01. Is this tank actually as hilarious as I think it is? Because I certainly don't remember that 105 being as effective on the Pz IV H as it is on this light tank with the worst camo rating of any tier VI light tank. Like - this thing is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZk87I-mCOM

This was when it was tier 5 (faster and more maneuverable), and before you could buy HEAT with credits. But still. (Tardplatoon haha bla bla, was actually trying to pull them into higher tiers on purpose, cause this was when tier 8 arty was tops as well.)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Haquer posted:

Finally watched it and it was amazing

except the part where I left it in driver view at the beginning and you were having a seizure all over your shift key :gonk:

Sorry about that...I usually put a warning up not to watch from my view. I have the sniper toggle on the right mouse button and compulsively zoom in to where I am aiming. It can make people watching over my shoulder dizzy. It is just a really weird habit I got into. Position, zoom in, fire.

Saw a 13 57 in the wild last night and watched a decent player put up 1200 damage in a tier 8 game....so immediately bought one and played 5 games in it. Seeing tier 10s is a little weak and the 195 apcr will make life a little rough if you have to fight from the front, but otherwise it was hilarious. Being able to mag dump a t34 from the side before he even reacts is great. The burst is a bit to be desired but the fact that it is 8 seconds to shred something then 14.5 to be ready to do it again is nice. I enjoyed it immensely.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Valle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZk87I-mCOM

This was when it was tier 5 (faster and more maneuverable), and before you could buy HEAT with credits. But still. (Tardplatoon haha bla bla, was actually trying to pull them into higher tiers on purpose, cause this was when tier 8 arty was tops as well.)

I do not miss that old map ping sound.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
so, is this normal? I did a mission last night in a T14 hit a KV-1 6 times and only did 6 damage to him out of all 6 shots. went for the side armor, front lower plate, turret ring and in the side between the tracks.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Vendictus Prime posted:

so, is this normal? I did a mission last night in a T14 hit a KV-1 6 times and only did 6 damage to him out of all 6 shots. went for the side armor, front lower plate, turret ring and in the side between the tracks.

Don't shoot HE.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Vendictus Prime posted:

hahaha

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

It is very normal.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Plan Z posted:

How do you mean? Just going off of what Obsidian says they're trying for arty, there are big differences:

-When Arty in AW fires, enemy arty sees a ping on the map, and that arty piece's model momentarily appears on the screen every time a shot is fired. The ping gets more and more focused the more arty fires without relocating. This allows for counter-battery, and forces arty to move between shots.
-It doesn't do high damage like WoT arty, opting more for wide blast radius to scare tanks not using good cover or to disperse tight groups of tanks.
-Any tanks near where a shell is landing will receive an "incoming artillery" warning, allowing a tank to relocate away from, or possibly into, an incoming shell.

Yup, AW arty isn't much of a "clicker" affair, even though it aims and shoots faster. It's more fun to play and more fun to play against. Also the explosions look better.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vendictus Prime posted:

Stop. Before you play another game go through all the tanks in your garage and unload ALL of the HE ammo. Never fire HE again unless you're in an arty or a tank with a 152mm gun or larger. Congratulations, you are now better at this game than a majority of the player base.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I ran into a T71 the other day with a full clip of HE loaded. Of course I was in my STA-2 so he was able to do about 100 damage instead of 0 but what the gently caress.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

I ran into a T71 the other day with a full clip of HE loaded. Of course I was in my STA-2 so he was able to do about 100 damage instead of 0 but what the gently caress.

I beat a T71 in my old Chaffee because the dumb bastard shot me with HE for 200 damage instead of clipping me with AP and overkilling by 320. Literally never fire HE.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Vendictus Prime posted:

Join the goons channel ingame and you can ask questions there to receive prompt answers about HE.

Also, I ran into a T71 with HE the other week as well, in my Patton.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

srb posted:

Join the goons channel ingame and you can ask questions there to receive prompt answers about HE.

Also, I ran into a T71 with HE the other week as well, in my Patton.

Did you two shot him with your 105mm derp?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The only correct time to fire HE is when doing strongholds and every single person only has HE loaded. However, you have to spam chat about how much damage HE does and that's why it is better than AP.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I ran into an IS firing HE at my Black Prince the other day, it made the mission to block damage with my armour pretty easy, I just ignored him whilst I rolled around killing his teammates.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Plan Z posted:

How do you mean? Just going off of what Obsidian says they're trying for arty, there are big differences:

-When Arty in AW fires, enemy arty sees a ping on the map, and that arty piece's model momentarily appears on the screen every time a shot is fired. The ping gets more and more focused the more arty fires without relocating. This allows for counter-battery, and forces arty to move between shots.
-It doesn't do high damage like WoT arty, opting more for wide blast radius to scare tanks not using good cover or to disperse tight groups of tanks.
-Any tanks near where a shell is landing will receive an "incoming artillery" warning, allowing a tank to relocate away from, or possibly into, an incoming shell.

You have no idea what you're talking about, but I can't elaborate more because NDA.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about, but I can't elaborate more because NDA.

IMO serious AW talk should simply not go on in this thread until the NDA is lifted because when people talk about games under NDA and go "No thats not how it is but NDA" it doesn't provide any value to anyone and is just frustrating to everyone else.

VV Yea or do that.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 21, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
^^when I was in the DUST 514 beta ages ago I broke the NDA all the time because it's a video game. Oh no they'll revoke my snowflak beta access what ever will I do if I can't play my world of tanks clone ^^

McGavin posted:

Stop. Before you play another game go through all the tanks in your garage and unload ALL of the HE ammo. Never fire HE again unless you're in an arty or a tank with a 152mm gun or larger. Congratulations, you are now better at this game than a majority of the player base.

I carry a few HE rounds in my Pz 4H that's rocking its derp gun just to deal with a few types of bastard mediums that I can't one shot with AP but it does enough through their armor (53 pen HE) to kill them.

Else AP all day.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I carry HE for waffles and for resetting when brick heavies are capping since I don't have to aim. 3 shells total, 2 on limited ammo tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

I carry HE for waffles and for resetting when brick heavies are capping since I don't have to aim. 3 shells total, 2 on limited ammo tanks.

I carry 5 HE on my STB for killing a full health waffle. I guess if I roll the bare minimum on all 5 shots it won't be enough to kill one but if that happens gently caress WG.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hellcats catch fire with alarming regularity when you slam an HE shell clean through their paper front plate.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Agrajag posted:

I know that I'm talking about this:

http://aw.my.com/us/artillery-development-update

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Don't you think that source has a bit of a bias in reporting how well the system achieves its goals?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

Don't you think that source has a bit of a bias in reporting how well the system works?

Bias in blogs/journalism is a myth. Believe everything you read.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I keep 3 rounds of HE on the E-50 because it has so much ammo anyways, but even shooting at Waffles you occasionally hit the gun and do like 17 damage. HE is garbage.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I had an Ru 251, I'd load some HE in it. I want to see if that stuff can kick as much rear end as I wish it did.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Prav posted:

Don't you think that source has a bit of a bias in reporting how well the system achieves its goals?

Fair enough, and their predictions for the end results may be wrong. You can't say though that the arty usage is fundamentally "the same" as WoT when the gameplay tweaks they're making almost specifically address the fact that they don't want arty to be something that just sits and bloops.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I keep 3 rounds of HE on the E-50 because it has so much ammo anyways, but even shooting at Waffles you occasionally hit the gun and do like 17 damage. HE is garbage.

The best is when you load HE, shoot the waffle right as they turn so you hit them right in the barrel doing exactly 0 damage.
The feeling that you are about to ruin their day goes from :gizz: to :flaccid: in a heartbeat.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Never fire HE until you know exactly when to fire HE.

Also never fire HE just to do more damage, fire it because it can make a difference.

Arty that you need two AP for but HE might one shot? Could be worth it, especially if the arty is potentially loaded and trying to shotgun you. Definitely worth it if even bad HE shots will knock them solidly below your average AP roll.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if your shell does nothing, like if your team is swarming a reloading WTE. In that case the "difference" that HE makes is you might get a bigger slice of the damage, so gambling on it is fine because there's no risk. On the other hand, firing HE at a spotted WTE at the beginning of the match is a good way to do 17 damage instead of 320-440.

I had a great game in my E8, which I bring 3 HE shells in, where I killed a 300hp hellcat who whiffed his shot when I was one-shottable but would have had time to reload if I'd needed three shots to kill him.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
As an arty player, if you're playing anything other than arty, never shoot HE. I roll HE for solo pubs in the M55, because your team can turn a tier X butt for a shot, and that's where you get your gravy shots.

Other than that, never shoot HE.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I fired HE into the rear end of a T95 once and it penned, a glorious day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

I fired HE into the rear end of a T95 once and it penned, a glorious day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

[e]: This anthem plays every time ready up my KV-2, 704, or 261. Because I'm a nerd.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 21, 2015