Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ghostlight posted:

Literally the reason why the Jungle Patrol is led by the Unknown Commander is because a Phantom was murdered by a pirate who infiltrated the Jungle Patrol to attack him because he was always around.

Then I guess taking orders from an absent commander seems almost normal in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Would someone PLEASE do the obvious edit (stick Gilchrist's head in place of Serling's) or something similar..

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Shugojin posted:

No, because you can have a bright LED that does the job way better. Hell, even before LEDs you had tiny incandescent lights that were still way better than the head mirror.

They still use the mirror things, actually. I went to an ENT that used one. It's got a light in front that shines on the mirror and reflects onto the patient.

Also, here's something I made. Click for big.

I have no idea.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Someone's clearly seen a certain episode of Hannibal.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

Someone's clearly seen a certain episode of Hannibal.

I think that's the episode where I first realized that show wasn't messing around. :ohdear:

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Presto posted:

They still use the mirror things, actually. I went to an ENT that used one. It's got a light in front that shines on the mirror and reflects onto the patient.

I have no idea.
I like it, but your click still goes to thumb - http://i.imgur.com/YxQrwV2.png

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Manuel Calavera posted:

and yesterday's Foxtrot finally posted!

I don't know if it's yet another colorist error or not, but I like that she appears to be grating unpeeled ginger. I'm not misremembering that she's an awful cook, right?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Presto posted:

I have no idea.
:chanpop:

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Elysiume posted:

I don't know if it's yet another colorist error or not, but I like that she appears to be grating unpeeled ginger. I'm not misremembering that she's an awful cook, right?

I was never clear if Andy is a terrible cook, or if her kids just acted like she was because she serves vegetarian dishes and they just want pizza. (But no you're not misremembering.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Because it's classical visual short-hand for doctors in any sort of media, especially media aimed at children?

EDIT: Repeating myself.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 21, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Wait so does this woman roam the streets with a cup of sugar looking for people to loan it to?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Typical. Brooke couldn't commit to completely eliminating a set of perfectly good gams.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are elephant legs.

TIna's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wally caring about something feels weird and wrong. Scott Adams is a hack.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Just let them go, dude. When they all get stranded and die, you can cover yourself by saying that you tried to stop them.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Green Intern posted:

Just let them go, dude. When they all get stranded and die, you can cover yourself by saying that you tried to stop them.

Seriously. Clearly Mr. Dickhead is going to do what he wants anyway, so just leave him to his own demise. I hope this doesn't lead up to them having to go save his sorry rear end when he inevitably screws up. It probably will, though.

Evidently, there flat out was no 4/20 Jane's World, so here's today's.

Non Sequitur

A dickbutt edit would be beautiful here.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

See? They even do this to each other. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 4/21/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Ophelia in the third panel... Ouch.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God dammit Holbrook.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

and I don't normally post heathcliff anymore, but goddamn, it is filthy today. Downright holbrookian in its disgusting deviant furry fetishism.

(anus! Haha!)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set supports local businesses...for the right price.

Working Daze only makes sense if you remember that the woman in the purple jacket can hypnotize people. I hate that I remember that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Binary Badger posted:

Would someone PLEASE do the obvious edit (stick Gilchrist's head in place of Serling's) or something similar..

I don't know, if Gilchrist has written himself a lazy blank check storyline to make nothing but boomer pop culture references instead of actually writing jokes for a week... :effort:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Well, a J. J. Abrams screenplay or a representative sample of essays from people trying way too hard to get into a prestigious undergraduate.

Incidentally, since when is Jeremy old enough to be applying for college? I thought he was a perennial sophomore or junior.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Manuel Calavera posted:

God dammit Holbrook.

Why just use 2 comics for your transformationy fetish shenanigans when you have 3 right? :haw:

Also is there just a dead body poking out from under a desk in Working Daze?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I actually followed Calvin's advice throughout my school years. Every report I turned in from grade 6 up was clad in a very professional clear plastic portfolio, and I'm convinced that it made a significant grade difference. Getting Soaked for No Reason Comix.

Pooch Café

See how you like it, assholes! Seriously, it's hosed up to do that to dogs.

Ballard Street

Dude in the back is trying to figure out how to eat that bubblegum sandwich.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Good Listener posted:

Also is there just a dead body poking out from under a desk in Working Daze?

No, that's Ed. His character gimmick is "sleeps at work all day". God only knows why he's spread out under his desk like that.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

sweet, love The Cure

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Remember when everyone thought that The Phantom is (unironically) great?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Evilreaver posted:

Wait so does this woman roam the streets with a cup of sugar looking for people to loan it to?

Either that or the wife asked for the sugar and the husband showed up, killed his wife, and left to find a way to get his bird picture AND came back all before sugarlady got back.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kennel posted:

Remember when everyone thought that The Phantom is (unironically) great?

It's amazing how much of a drop in quality it's been since the Escape from Gravelines Prison storyline.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Mark Trail has had a distressing lack of receptive beavers and bear-on-cougar action the last week but there has been a valuable lesson on the emerald ash borer from the USDA, plus

BRIEFCASE FULL OF WASPS

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

The detail that really makes this is the pointless glare in the last panel. Phoebe knows he won't be able to see it, but he deserved a glare so a glare he gets.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The protagonist of a 70-year-old comic strip and his iconic morphing facial features.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mark Trail the outdoorsman and Wallace Wood the tree farmer. Today I learned what an aptronym is.

e: the example list is one of the best things I've ever read on Wikipedia.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

dr_rat posted:

The detail that really makes this is the pointless glare in the last panel. Phoebe knows he won't be able to see it, but he deserved a glare so a glare he gets.

I think she is just having trouble seeing her screen clearly while wearing the prescription glasses.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 21, 1928)

Like a gardinier.

Peanuts (April 22, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Ah yes, the first blush of fresh death.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 14-15, 1927)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
I miss Modesty Blaise and Classic Prince Valiant. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Kid Fenris posted:

Reading Working Daze and Dilbert makes me miss My Cage a little. It wasn't amazing, but at least the characters were tolerable.
Are we remembering the same My Cage? That comic had a bunch of self-pitying martyr complex whining by the author's self-insert which got dialed up to 11 when he found out his strip was getting cancelled.

• Locked thread