Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Friendcast 88 and 3/5ths is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoi7y9LyCfQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

I uh... hmm.

That's an unfortunate way to label a podcast.

E: and now I know why. Goddammit Liam, sometimes you're brilliant.

AShamefulDisplay fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 21, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AShamefulDisplay posted:

I uh... hmm.

That's an unfortunate way to label a podcast.

It's about on par with Aryan Resurrection

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Is this the longest one they've ever done?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Krazyface posted:

Is this the longest one they've ever done?
#54 (Personacast) is still the longest at 3:50:39. I believe this is in the top 5 longest, though.

e: it's the third-longest

Navaash fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 21, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This dude in the comments for the podcast vid got super mad the Zaibatsu talking about that lovely Man of Steel movie that was bad

edit: "THE REIKO ACCORDS"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 21, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Like I said before, MKX is basically callback heaven.

Also uh, weird question but... did Raiden imply Kung Jin was gay?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Kung Jin is gay yeah.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 21, 2015

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Liam Snipe continues to be the best poo poo on the podcast

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Yep, got fully confirmed on twitter. Too bad the first gay MK Kombatant is a wet fart but hey, still a nice little bit.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Yinlock posted:

Mortal Kombat history has an endless well of Dumb Bullshit. There's always more.

EDIT: That's what's great about it, mind you.

Yeah I wasn't upset about it, it's just funny. Like the Li Mei thing or the fact that they were shocked about Kung Jin's staff shooting fire the second time it happened. I love all the weird callbacks and it's nice that they've found suitable roles for some of the dumber characters in MK history.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is audio desynched in the MKX videos? Mat/Pat/Woolie's audio seems a couple seconds behind the game's.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Holy poo poo, Matt takes breakfast way too seriously. :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Li Mei getting de-kombat-ed was kind of interesting. I am also now a hypocrite because I bought MKX despite not really being into fighting games. Watching the LP reminded me of when I used to play Mortal Kombat Armageddon with my sister way back in the day. We used our own radical edgy teenager OC characters, obviously. I really don't want to play online because the community for these games is 99% Scorpion players anyway but it'll probably be fun with friends.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
holy poo poo the first 40 minutes of the podcast is the best/worst most intense thing, it's like the breakfast thing has been bubbling for years and now it exploded. Liam with the mega snipe hahaha.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HGH posted:

You can blame HighVoltageSoftware for that. The bastards utterly ruin every game they get their hands on to port to PC, and they get a lot of loving games considering the quality. I hope the Best Friends mention this at some point, it's utterly baffling how companies keep going back to HVS just to get a cheap rear end buggy port out. Even the cutscenes in MKX are all messed up and waaaaay too dark.

HighVoltage will forever be my enemy for ruining the ZOE2 hd port and also because its poor quality was the reason Kojima cancelled ZOE3.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's like you guys forgot all about Matt's big fat cereal review video. Breakfast is the most important meal after all.

Meanwhile Pat and Woolie have found a Greatsword and are splooshing all over it and oh no are we going back to DS2 now?

beep by grandpa posted:

HighVoltage will forever be my enemy for ruining the ZOE2 hd port and also because its poor quality was the reason Kojima cancelled ZOE3.
Holy poo poo that was because of them? Why, just why? gently caress HighVoltage so much and gently caress Konami for hiring them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Meanwhile Pat and Woolie have found a Greatsword and are splooshing all over it and oh no are we going back to DS2 now?

Probably since Ludvig's Blade is usually regarded as the best weapon in the game.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

HGH posted:

I knew it was only a matter of time before they went all crazy over Ludwig's Holy Blade. Get ready to look at it for the next 70+ episodes.

Andrast posted:

Probably since Ludvig's Blade is usually regarded as the best weapon in the game.

That doesn't mean you can't change it up occasionally, most of the equipment does just fine if you keep up with upgrades. I've gotten all the way through to Byrgenwerth with just the starter weapons.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 21, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've been playing most of the game with the stake driver+ludwig's rifle. I love it.

I might also mention I've never played a souls game before and have been going through this blind.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

That doesn't mean you can't change it up occasionally, most of the equipment does just fine if you keep up with upgrades. I've gotten all the way through to Byrgenwerth with just the starter weapons.

All of the souls games can be completed with any weapon. It's just a matter of finding a weapon that has a moveset you really like. Personally I really like the Hunter axe and beat my first Bloodborne run almost exclusively using it in the Halberd form.

The Ludvig's Holy Blade is just a really good combination of a versatile moveset, good damage, coolness factor and great stat scaling. I wouldn't be surprised if Pat and Woolie stick with it for the rest of the playthrough.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah all of the starter weapons are fine. I've pretty much beaten the game while only using the Cane.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That podcast went off the rails in all the best ways.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

gently caress. I live an hour away from Buffalo and I didn't find out they were going to be here until after they already left. Sounds like the trip was fun and I'm glad they had a good time; REALLY hope they come back again.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
It's a shame that Liam stole the cast with that joke; I counted plenty of alternative titles they could've used instead.

"The Expanded Boruto Cinematic Universe"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Bloodbourne LP should be renamed Chewie and Fuckface show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The men of The Wall being contradictory liars is the best injoke I've ever heard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

The men of The Wall being contradictory liars is the best injoke I've ever heard.

YOU'RE THE KIND OF LIAR THAT TELLS THE TRUTH, I LIKE THAT IN A LIAR.

I love GoT but every Wall scene has been ruined by these people for me, I just wanna see Jon Snow start rotating slowly in a circle has Sam shouts at a buff dog.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Game of Thrones is the funniest LP since probably the last Cage game. Honest lies and Bolton burnouts slay me every time, plus constant reminders that yes, Tyrion is the coolest guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Game of Thrones is the funniest LP since probably the last Cage game. Honest lies and Bolton burnouts slay me every time, plus constant reminders that yes, Tyrion is the coolest guy.

I don't know about funniest, since it's highs are really loving up there whenever they go back to the wall and that's where I'm laughing the hardest.

Personally, I think Walking Dead was the best for humour.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

hoobajoo posted:

Prison Break, man. Prison Break.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Prison Break, man. Prison Break.

Fuuuuck, OK, you got me there.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
That was some intense discussion about breakfast.

Also, here's another vote for pushing Chewie and Fuckface for Summerslam.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh dear lord Matt mentioned Kombat Time and all the memories came rushing back. How did that low budget nightmare of a show even get made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyq_XnH5ZkY

Scorpion's spear was an actual cartoon snake head on a chain. I think they were trying to ape the movie design but that thing actually looked interesting in bad CG at least.
Also Jax used to be fat. Why do I remember all these things?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What if mimics evolved like slimes in videogames?

Illusory wall mimic!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 22, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

What if mimics evolved like slimes in videogames?

Illusory wall mimic!

For those that don't plan on clicking this link:

Click the link.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Since you guys were talking about Prison Break, I went and began re-watching the LP.

Episode 3, Matt and Pat are making GBS threads on Woolie for his breakfast/eating habits. You were right, this has been a long-burning issue.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I should rewatch Prison Break LP, the descent into madness is amazing.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I looked it up an Naruto's son really is called Boruto :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

I looked it up an Naruto's son really is called Boruto :vince: