Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

if I just kill Alfred, can I buy it?

i think so. you should complete alfred's questline though, its sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think so. you should complete alfred's questline though, its sick

I'm going to save him. He deserves it

Dec 26, 2012

alfred's questline owns and i was not expecting most parts of it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just placed an order on amazon for this. getting a ps4 next saturday. can't loving wait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

just placed an order on amazon for this. getting a ps4 next saturday. can't loving wait.

Congrats, it's insanely good.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

good choice gamer

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does Alfred's quest line not end at the queen? Cause I assumed it did and loving put him down for his lust, hunter of hunters style

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I looked it up. Good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Does Alfred's quest line not end at the queen? Cause I assumed it did and loving put him down for his lust, hunter of hunters style

He does honorable seppuku if you just leave him so you're good

Dec 26, 2012

do you get the rune if you kill him there

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

congratulations on your good purchase

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

01011001 posted:

do you get the rune if you kill him there

Hell yes you do. And he calls you a bitch. More like he's the bitch. Charging his retarded rear end wheel and nearly
Killing himself. I put him down with the burial blade

I wish I could clone my save so I could keep dicking around without going into ng+ but ALSO go into ng+ you know?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Hell yes you do. And he calls you a bitch. More like he's the bitch. Charging his retarded rear end wheel and nearly
Killing himself. I put him down with the burial blade

I wish I could clone my save so I could keep dicking around without going into ng+ but ALSO go into ng+ you know?

gently caress you. Alfred is 10x the man you wish you could be.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Alfred:
•Hunts down the corrupt vilebloods, killing those that would prey on the weak.
•Number two man of Executioner Logarius, a super powerful boss.
•Stops Annalise from corrupting more hunters, a feat that even the player can't accomplish.
•Kills himself in the most honorable way after fulfilling his dreams and trusts the player to carry on his legacy.
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum
•Live in your mom's basement
•Have to drink the blood of a demigod before you feel safe invading people
•Can't even handle a real fight with an executioner
•Has to invade noobs to even stand a chance
•Cheeses everything with the cannon

Dec 26, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Alfred:
•Stops Annalise from corrupting more hunters, a feat that even the player can't accomplish.
•Kills himself in the most honorable way after fulfilling his dreams and trusts the player to carry on his legacy.
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

Alfred:
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum

Brutal.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Nanomashoes posted:

Alfred:
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMVXX6VEYw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The cannon remark cuts deep, that's taking things too far.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nanomashoes posted:

Alfred:
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

don't forget he also actually wants to fight bsb all day long too watching newbs lose.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
alfred doesn't even realize that poo poo went down, he is fighting a pointless war and is dumb

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I thought that resurrecting Queen Analise would free her from the iron mask and complete the Vilebloods vengeance, but alas the fact that I absolutely destroyed the last two executioners is eschewed for continuing the longstanding Vileblood tradition of turkey-basting bloodsperms for that bloodbaby.

That whole alter confuses me and I wish I could have reversed time on someone meaningful; like maybe Henryk?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got it in the mail, but won't be getting a PS4 until the weekend. this is the first console game i've bought in 10 years, so i was surprised that they don't come with manuals of any sort any more apparently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just got it in the mail, but won't be getting a PS4 until the weekend. this is the first console game i've bought in 10 years, so i was surprised that they don't come with manuals of any sort any more apparently

It has a digital manual once you put the disk in the console. Also drat that's a long time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It has a digital manual once you put the disk in the console. Also drat that's a long time

i missed the entire last generation, outside of briefly sharing an apartment with a guy who had one. my computer at the time was essentially a 360, so i was able to enjoy modern games for that entire generation. just over the last year has my rig really begun to be outclassed, which lead to me buying a PS4.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
should of just put that 500 dollars into your pc so you can play games on it for another ten years

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
bloodborne is great, but i'll be around two and a half years from now when the ps4 slim that costs 250 comes out. maybe there will be games on the ps4 then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i missed the entire last generation, outside of briefly sharing an apartment with a guy who had one. my computer at the time was essentially a 360, so i was able to enjoy modern games for that entire generation. just over the last year has my rig really begun to be outclassed, which lead to me buying a PS4.

if that's the case you really just missed out on Nintendo stuff, MGS4 and demons souls . Not too bad I guess

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

stoutfish posted:

should of just put that 500 dollars into your pc so you can play games on it for another ten years

there's not really anything salvageable in there. i'd have to build an entirely new rig. i'm splitting it with a friend anyway, so it's really only 200 bucks or so, and he'll be here longer than i will, so he'll probably buy me out of my shares once we part ways.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

stoutfish posted:

stoutfish posted:

bloodborne is great, but i'll be around two and a half years from now when the ps4 slim that costs 250 comes out. maybe there will be games on the ps4 then.

Oh My Durr

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got this. it's great, but i'm pretty bad for some reason (i've beaten both DSes multiple times solo). i think a lot of it has to do with pacing so far. once i start to get the pacing down i think i'll be a lot better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just got this. it's great, but i'm pretty bad for some reason (i've beaten both DSes multiple times solo). i think a lot of it has to do with pacing so far. once i start to get the pacing down i think i'll be a lot better.

I went through the same thing, it has a different flow from the other games you have to adjust to. What weapons did you choose

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I went through the same thing, it has a different flow from the other games you have to adjust to. What weapons did you choose

blunderbuss and axe, which i'm not really liking so far. i can't believe i'm getting owned by the early game. i feel like such a scrub.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i one shotted cleric beast though, so that made me feel a little better about myself.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

sector_corrector posted:

i one shotted cleric beast though, so that made me feel a little better about myself.

i had the same problem as you at beginning, the basic enemies come at you harder and more than hollows

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the "roll" is throwing me off. my last souls experience was fast rolling in DS1, so i'm used being able to use that to easily outmaneuver everything, but the guy in Bloodborne isn't able to creates gaps quite as fast

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the kirkhammer a lot. the longsword weak attack is a lot better than the axe, and the greathammer strong attack is really good at breaking poise. i've put my first handful of shards into that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i like the kirkhammer a lot. the longsword weak attack is a lot better than the axe, and the greathammer strong attack is really good at breaking poise. i've put my first handful of shards into that.

kirkhammer is sweet and the later weapons have more interesting transformations like that

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sector_corrector posted:

blunderbuss and axe, which i'm not really liking so far. i can't believe i'm getting owned by the early game. i feel like such a scrub.

The axe takes some getting used to. My preference is to use it 2H and then learn the timing on the R2 charge attack. If you do it correctly, it knocks the enemies down to the ground and then you can go in and easily finish them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

The axe takes some getting used to. My preference is to use it 2H and then learn the timing on the R2 charge attack. If you do it correctly, it knocks the enemies down to the ground and then you can go in and easily finish them off.

yeah, i was noticing that as i was playing through, even though i've switched to KH at this point. i didn't like it at first, but that first gauntlet of like 20 villagers gathered around the pyre is a really great training ground type area.