Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I see one of those maclaren p83635283;4;4+jebrvtjdirbrbrfag cars in GP when the weather is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Does that shifty as gently caress real estate agent still have that Diablo?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

slidebite posted:

Nothing would make me find a different real estate agent faster then my current one pulling up in a Diablo.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

Also, someone must vote this glorious bastard in. That's the most powerful beard I've seen in sometime, even more so than Drakes.

http://www.albertandp.ca/shayeanderson

Whoa. My beard pales in comparison.

Edit: goddamnit I'm a failure for not owning this sick van

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1985-chevrolet-astro-panel-van-350cu-in-v8-5-7-litre/1065114536

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 18, 2015

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slidebite posted:

Jason Scott ? He's on every billboard and bus sign in GP. He's officially GP's eyesore. He even shows up on youtube ads on devices I don't run an ad blocker on.

Not sure what vehicles he has, but he drives around in a turbo cheyanne usually. With that said. The limited encounters ive had with him, he seems decent. Can't blame a person for having a large advertising budget.

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.
Did I mention we have Sunday evening autox's this year?

http://www.karelo.com/restdetail.php?&BT=10&BID=92

First one this Sunday.

So I've had to hurriedly go from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liOjgjW60Co

Via this:

To this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtChvy0Ua6k

Ta da!

With no help from seatsafetyswitch, who only shows up at my garage when we're working on _his_ cars....

GrantC fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 20, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

It's because your cars aren't rusty enough for his tastes. Or too perfect.

He is a man of mysterious automotive requirements. Flipping the object of his desire in one moment from a pristine AMC eagle, to a clapped-the-gently caress-out alley rat "ran when parked in 1997" miata with half the rear suspension torn out by tweakers looking for scrap metal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I prefer to think of myself as a slim, young, heterosexual Karl Lagerfeld who is constantly seeking out outsider art instead of designing bags, clothes or hanging out with models on yachts.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 20, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Trading a AMC Pacer for a dying miata seems more GG Allin then Karl Lagerfeld.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I'm in your province, buying your cheap miatas:

01 LS imported from Arizona, exterior is mint, interior is meh.

Is there a good tire place anybody can personally recommend?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
TireRack. They treated me very well.

For local, I've also been impressed by the customer service at Kal Tire.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

ExecuDork posted:

That depends on the Kal Tire. Ask me about taking my BMW's summer tires back to them three times this spring because they couldn't be assed to follow work orders properly.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

MrChips posted:

That depends on the Kal Tire.

x2. As someone who spent 6 years working for Kal, they have a couple shops you don't go to ever. If I had my tires slashed in the Chinook parking lot I'd have my car towed to a different one. But then sometimes there are idiots at even the best locations, especially during the spring and winter rushes when 'a pulse' is their only standard for hiring.
Best way to pick a tire shop (KT or otherwise) is to find one that also does heavy truck tires. Truck tires are less of a seasonal thing, so if the shop is managed properly they can afford to keep good skilled people around (and need to, because a lot of big account customers are mixed fleets so you need good people on the light side of the shop too) all year rather than seasonally with layoffs.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 21, 2015

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

Tirerack is nice but the CAD/USD and shipping makes it a lot less competitive than before.

Kal tire website seems to enjoy nickel and dime charges, mayhaps their local counters are less bullshitty.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
guys it's really breaking my heart that I didn't do a mid engine Fiat build

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DrakeriderCa posted:

guys it's really breaking my heart that I didn't do a mid engine Fiat build

Well at least it isn't breaking your fire extinguisher budget.

Also, whoever needs directions to my place for this weekend, just pm me. Or if you can't pm, stop being a filthy poor, this is loving Alberta. (Or post an email address, w/e)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

ffffffffffff
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/toyota-mr2/1066270035?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Buy it.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

What the gently caress are you waiting for - that's chump change!

It is also possible to consistently set FTD in one of those during Rally-X. Just saying.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I am on the road today so I'm not in town but I could call him. How impossible are they to work on and get parts for?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

It is also possible to consistently set FTD in one of those during Rally-X. Just saying.

:stare:

I sat as a passenger in one for the ice dice and at best I would describe those as a handful for rallycross. They may be better on gravel and mud but you lose steering once you gather any sort of speed on sheer ice.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

slidebite posted:

I am on the road today so I'm not in town but I could call him. How impossible are they to work on and get parts for?

I bought a 600$ aw11 as my first car. If the fuel pump dies or the ground corrodes it will be a massive bastard to drop the tank so you can rewire the pump, but other than that most jobs are pretty straightforward.

http://www.padandwheels.com/mr2/index.html

this website tells you how to do everything.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

:stare:

I sat as a passenger in one for the ice dice and at best I would describe those as a handful for rallycross. They may be better on gravel and mud but you lose steering once you gather any sort of speed on sheer ice.

Seeing an AW11 absolutely harass a bugeye WRX during an ice racing event is incredible - so it can be done. I'm not saying it's easy. Also, I am told it is absolutely terrifying as a passenger.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snow forecast forecast for saturday. good thing i haven't put my summer tires on yet :smug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

Seeing an AW11 absolutely harass a bugeye WRX during an ice racing event is incredible - so it can be done. I'm not saying it's easy. Also, I am told it is absolutely terrifying as a passenger.

Yeah it's certainly possible and not easy. The fundamental problem I saw is that once you hit around 70kph there just isn't enough weight on the front axle for steering. You can work around it but it isn't pretty and I'm sure front engine is the faster way round unless you are running super aggressive studs.

Also worth noting a lot of Subaru drivers were hilarious to watch and would use AWD as a crutch rather then an advantage. They'd pick up a ton of time through the straights then go flying off at the first sign of a corner.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

Snow forecast forecast for saturday. good thing i haven't put my summer tires on yet :smug:

Same here - still rockin' the Gislaveds (on dry pavement :suicide:)

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Speaking of the snow, you guys still planning to come out? It's probably gonna be lovely. I could reschedule if you guys would prefer to come on a more pleasant day.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

Speaking of the snow, you guys still planning to come out? It's probably gonna be lovely. I could reschedule if you guys would prefer to come on a more pleasant day.

I'm not so sure it's going to snow this weekend. Only EnviroCan is calling for snow right now, while the other models are predicting a cool, if otherwise decent day on Saturday.

But yeah, a backup plan might be a good idea.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Even if it does snow it shouldn't pile up or stick around. I'll probably swap my summers on this weekend anyways.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A friend sideswiped a telephone pole in one of those old boxy mr2's. Had the transformer come down through the sunroof.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Bought the beef today. You guys coming out this weekend or should I freeze it for another time?

No one's PMed me for directions yet.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

Bought the beef today. You guys coming out this weekend or should I freeze it for another time?

Could you kindly hit me up on gmail with details.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I don't think anyone's calling for spectacular weather at this point but I'm still in. If it's lovely out we can just stick to the garage.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Tommychu posted:

I don't think anyone's calling for spectacular weather at this point but I'm still in. If it's lovely out we can just stick to the garage.

Sounds good man. You know the way to my place?

Iv: get my email?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

Sounds good man. You know the way to my place?

Nope. Sorry, been a busy week and I forgot to fire a PM.
Any tools I should bring home from work?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

Pee Em sent.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Tommychu posted:

Nope. Sorry, been a busy week and I forgot to fire a PM.
Any tools I should bring home from work?

I think I have everything I need. So unless there is a project you need a special tool for, we should be OK.

PMs sent to everyone, I think. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
For shits and giggles I did a search on kijiji for e36's is Saskatchewan. :stare: some gems in there. Also $7500 for a e30 318is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kijiji tip: rather than searching in classics for stuff, search in the regular cars, and restrict the year to before 1975. You get people listing what they consider just an old car rather than "1975 pinto, floor rusted out, pulled out of bush after 20 years, dissasembled for restoration, $9000 no lowballers i know what i got"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I've suddenly experienced a burning desire to hunt down the 1980 Datsun 200SX that I raced in Mini-stock back in the day.

I need to be realistic though, and admit that shoehorning a SBC or RB26DETT in there and autocrossing it will never happen and I should just forget this crazy idea.

Edit: hahaha holy poo poo I just saw my first Charger Hellcat in the wild. At the car wash in Spruce Grove.

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 25, 2015