Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

StorrowS posted:

Or you could just complete it and get 10 Gems.

Or you can do both and get all the gems. I haven't seen many opportunities where you can get gems for energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Lt_Tofu posted:

Or you can do both and get all the gems. I haven't seen many opportunities where you can get gems for energy.

Except when you complete the mine it stops you from doing it again. You could "farm" level 5 of the mine making sure not to complete it, and then finish it once you're bored i guess, also notice it takes double stamina to attempt level 5 each time too.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Our new word puzzle game is finally out if anyone enjoys that kind of thing. Unfortunately it doesn't have any timers in it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/letterpad-free-word-puzzles/id943235780?mt=8

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Have you considered adding some Timer IAP? I only have 18 seconds a day to play iOS games.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

If there's no timers how am I supposed to know when to stop pooping :confused:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

TACD posted:

If there's no timers how am I supposed to know when to stop pooping :confused:

Can't the Apple Watch notify you when your legs have fallen asleep?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, it vibrates when it detects deep vein thrombosis.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So how long until people stop talking about Apple Watch? I haven't been following it at all but it seems like a really stupid idea. I feel like you'd be better off buying an accessory that straps a phone to your wrist.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So how long until people stop talking about Apple Watch? I haven't been following it at all but it seems like a really stupid idea. I feel like you'd be better off buying an accessory that straps a phone to your wrist.

Never. Apple's put too much effort and marketing into it to merely drop it. It's merely at the iPod 1 stage.

Heck, they keep around the Apple TV without doing anything with it. (Until maybe this summer.)

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

That reminds me I forgot to mention that Letterpad is playable on the Apple Watch as well :)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It's kind of the wrong thread but you'll be hearing about this for some time. Pretty much any major Apple launch is like this. The iPhone was just another gimped smartphone without a keyboard; the iPad was just a dumb giant iPhone that couldn't make calls; the Apple Watch is just a dumb mini-iPhone that needs the phone to actually do anything.

They aren't perfect by any means but I've learned to give Apple the benefit of the doubt until I actually use the products for a while.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People always say that but sometimes the useless looking expensive gadget really is a useless expensive gadget.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agronox posted:

It's kind of the wrong thread but you'll be hearing about this for some time. Pretty much any major Apple launch is like this. The iPhone was just another gimped smartphone without a keyboard; the iPad was just a dumb giant iPhone that couldn't make calls; the Apple Watch is just a dumb mini-iPhone that needs the phone to actually do anything.

They aren't perfect by any means but I've learned to give Apple the benefit of the doubt until I actually use the products for a while.

That makes sense. I don't care enough about Apple products to follow an Apple product thread, I was just mildly curious. It's true, the first release of every Apple product is loving garbage. Then they use the world to playtest and give feedback and release a really competent second release. However, I don't recall anyone ever talking poo poo about the iPhone or the iPad when they first came out, quite the opposite. That other guy brought up a good point about Apple TV, I forgot that even existed.

I just feel like that the idea for the Apple Watch was invented in the 60s when spies were using them in movies. Surely someone at some point has attempted to make something like this, and then realized how dumb it was and stopped.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I briefly considered buying an apple watch until I realized I'd be spending hundreds of dollars on replicating functionality my phone already does but better.

Also I'm an enormous fidgeter and have never had a watch strap last more than a month, including some $200 watch my ex bought me :sweatdrop:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Perhaps. But saying that now, before the thing has even shipped, seems premature or unintelligent.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just have not seem it justified at all. Like the inly argument I ever see for it is "they said the same thing about the ipad" but I never see that followed up with anything that tells me what this can do that makes it worth the money or overcomes its sort if severe shortcomings. I'm not closed to this thing actually being good but I feel no one is even trying beyond saying "its Apple" which is worth less than nothing to me.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I got this little MetaWatch from a meh sale for $15 and it's cool for that price. Look at notifications, check the weather, and change songs / song volume is a good enough value proposition there.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's going to have a hugemassive userbase developing apps and cool ideas. This is really all you need to know with modern devices. Apple won't have anything to do with its own success or failure.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

axleblaze posted:

People always say that but sometimes the useless looking expensive gadget really is a useless expensive gadget.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

So I just responded by saying that no one is actually saying why the Watch will be good but rather just saying "well that's what they said before" and you respond by showing me that's what they said before. Brilliant.

Unless there was some other point to you posting this that I'm missing.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Bogart posted:

I got this little MetaWatch from a meh sale for $15 and it's cool for that price. Look at notifications, check the weather, and change songs / song volume is a good enough value proposition there.

Same! I'm gonna try to figure out cool things I can do with it.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

i'm looking at the comments on the articles that announced it and some of these are amazing, apparently people were mad because they wanted a Newton 2.0.

quote:

We live in the YEAR 2001... not 6000 years from now when ridiculously awsome technology will exist. No other mp3 player has a harddrive like this... 5gigs... gently caress yeah. A rio of the same size offers 64megs. Jesum Crow, get over your moping.. .this is revolutionary.... plus it's just the beggining. This device litterally bests anything on the market by about 100x

quote:

[B]You are all a bunch of imbecile crybabies. I bet you haven't even gone over the specs and all you can do is whine and cry because you didn't get a Newton. Get a life! I bet all you do is troll Mac bbs' critizicing Apple and how they can NEVER meet your stupid way out of this world expectations.

THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!

It's not jus ANOTHER mp3 player. It's a BREAKTROUGH mp3 player!

Let's go over this:

- 5 GB ULTRA-SLIM hard drive, all in a tiny and beautiful enclosure the size of a deck of cards. Does ANY mp3 player out there have anything like it? Didn't think so. Only HUGE CRAP rear end ONES like the Nomad Jukebox. This fits in your palm or in your pocket!

- FIREWIRE! Steve transmitted 1Gb of data onto the device in about 2 minutes. 1Gb!!! Does ANY mp3 player out there do this? Didn't think so. You have to wait 5 hours for your Nomad Jukebox to load up.

- 20 minute anti-skip protection. 20 minutes! Does ANY mp3 player out there have this? Didn't think so.

- Powered OFF THE FIREWIRE BUS. Hook it up to your firewire port and it not only downloads songs. IT CHARGES! Does ANY mp3 player out there have this? Didn't think so.

- DOUBLES AS A STORAGE DEVICE! You can not only carry your music on it, BUT YOUR DATA!!! Does ANY mp3 player out there do this? Didn't think so.

- 10 Hour battery! Recharges in just 1 hour!!! Does any mp3 player out there have such an advanced battery made out of lithium polymer? Didn't think so.

- Auto-sync! Hook up the player, and it downloads your mp3 collection. You don't even have to push or click anything! Does ANY mp3 player out there have this? Didn't think so.

- Apple's beautiful and intuitive interface! The interface in this thing reminds me of the first macs. This is the macintosh revolution of mp3 players! It is so amazing. You can browse your songs by artist, album, playlist, genre, anything! All with a few buttons and an awesome scrollwheel. Wait 'till you use one and you will see how amazing it is. Does ANY mp3 player out there provide this easy of use and make mp3 listening so practical? NO!

Apple hit a HOME RUN with this thing, and just as always proved that there's no one that can make products like them. Way to go Apple!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Most of those people make solid points.

The Nomad was far superior in terms of being a player (and eventually a recorder!) but because Creative doesn't hire marketing worth a loving poo poo, nobody cared. Also logitech doesn't understand exterior design even if the guts are solid.

Same with these stupid smartwatches. Nobody needs them and most people don't want them. Apple will somehow use marketing and a shiny package to prove otherwise even though the concept and the tech aren't very new or interesting since we've had Pebble for years now and it's a pretty tiny amount of people using it compared to the 500 million phones out there or something.

I expect the apple watch to be their second best selling consumer product of the year honestly. And that's kinda sad.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's no coincidence the Apple Watch came along shortly after they made the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus too big to comfortably use one handed. I'm just hoping my iPhone 5s holds on long enough for a second or third gen Apple Watch that doesn't suck. :ohdear:

Companion apps allowing you to update timers via the watch could be neat though. Start new things in your factory on Pocket Mine 2 while working, or autobattle some trivial level on FFRK to burn stamina.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Sogol posted:

I played some crowntakers. The mercenary Zoe keeps freezing up the game when in combat. Can't end her turn, move her or anything. Here bird also seems to glitch glitch out some other ranged attacks. Anyone playing and getting that?
I think this is fixed in today's update. I don't have Zoe yet so I can't say for sure. Damned Dark Knight.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
All those people were right, the first generation iPad was a pile of poo poo. It really was just a giant iPod.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

All those people were right, the first generation iPad was a pile of poo poo. It really was just a giant iPod.

Its name was also shockingly similar to a particular type of feminine hygiene product! :laugh:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does anyone know how many minutes of skip protection the Apple Watch has?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
In case people haven't seen this

http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/21/homebrew-indie-games-is-a-secret-emulator-on-the-app-store-but-its-useless-if-youre-on-ios-8-3/

SNES, Genesis, GBA emulator (among others). Doesn't work in IOS 8.3

Get it before it's pulled. Playing Mother 3 and it works great.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

io_burn posted:

Its name was also shockingly similar to a particular type of feminine hygiene product! :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

theblackw0lf posted:

http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/21/homebrew-indie-games-is-a-secret-emulator-on-the-app-store-but-its-useless-if-youre-on-ios-8-3/

Bummer, I already upgraded to iOS 8.3. I may grab it though just in case someone figures out a way to make it work. Thanks much.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

theblackw0lf posted:

god dammit, i updated yesterday.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sorcery 3 is out now.

Made by the 80 Days crew if you're not sure why to be excited

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

theblackw0lf posted:

Sorcery 3 is out now.

YESSSSSSSS

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oops gently caress I don't have my old saves I gotta play through S1&2 again for like the third time, I guess. And I ain't even mad!!!!!

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
We have a review of Sorcery! 3 up, it's a great game, but we give everything 5 stars anyway- http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/22/sorcery-3-review/

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

Sorcery 3 is out now.

"This item is no longer available."

Oh cruel AppStore. What's does this mean?
:(

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sad lions posted:

"This item is no longer available."

Oh cruel AppStore. What's does this mean?
:(

Apple thought it was too similar to the app store and they don't like competition.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Shwqa posted:

Apple thought it was too similar to the app store and they don't like competition.

Hmm, this "game" displays text, has images, and uses the word "get" quite often. Better pull this before anyone gets confused!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
We've pushed an update to Stick & Move that will fix a particularly nasty bug that didn't allow bomb use after a few times. Other notes:
- major performance improvement
- animated menus
- can now turn off color change on bomb use and set a color scheme you like
- slight game rebalance

Please let me know if you see anything amiss. Enjoy!

(we also released it for Android devices as well :ssh:)