Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dexie posted:

The same place that all monsters that have never been seen come from.

Could have been in his deck, but he just never drew them. Could have been put into his deck off-screen at some point.

Or they just appeared by magic, that works too. :v:

I just assumed Yuya had picked them up. The whole premise of that tournament was picking up Pendulum cards, afterall. Odd Eyes Rebellion on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

His magic pendulum made that one, same as how it changed Odd-Eyes, Stargazer and Timegazer into Pendulum monsters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I bet his pendulum created Creation and Destruction as well since it not only glowed before he summoned them, they're of the same archetype as other card's it's created (the magicians) and they were necessary for his combo to summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion which was definitely created by the Pendulum.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It didn't create the first Magicians though, just turned them from lovely effect monsters into Pendulums. Same with all his Pendulum Performapals, presumably.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

It didn't create the first Magicians though, just turned them from lovely effect monsters into Pendulums. Same with all his Pendulum Performapals, presumably.

I thought it straight up created the magicians but transformed his perfomapals and Odd-Eyes into pendulums. Probably wrong though, it's been a long time since i've seen episode 1.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can safely assume that regardless of what happened with the cult stuff, things like Goodwin being the final boss, Crow becoming a Signer, would've happened anyway. Crow was always gonna get pushed to sell Blackwings.

What the cult stuff MIGHT have done is push them to replace Aki as the third character with Crow entirely, rather than having them both still be principle characters.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9051Z6HJWc

I'm unreasonably excited for loving around with Sphere mode. :neckbeard:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought it straight up created the magicians but transformed his perfomapals and Odd-Eyes into pendulums. Probably wrong though, it's been a long time since i've seen episode 1.

Stargazer and Timegazer were in his hand at the time. Stargazer had an effect where you can target one monster to make it indestructible by effects that turn, Timegazer did the same but for spells and traps.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I...I don't think I understand. :confused:

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Dexie posted:

I...I don't think I understand. :confused:

Uh... I dont understand either, what effect did you activate?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I used Triverr to send a card from his hand to the grave, and I managed to hit Neos.

Why the gently caress was he running Neos in Nekroz, is what I'm trying to figure out.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Elemental HERO NEkrOZ

Honestly, more people should just randomly throw in their favorite card in the deck to give it more personality.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Advanced Ritual Art Nekroz? Don't know why though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's what I was thinking, but it's so goofy that I didn't think anyone would try it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/you-better-buy-%C6%B5ebras/

Boy, I sure am glad they changed the name of Planetellarknight. :argh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How the gently caress did Yuki translate into Ghost Ogre and where did Snow even come from. :psyduck:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xoidanor posted:

How the gently caress did Yuki translate into Ghost Ogre and where did Snow even come from. :psyduck:

Yuki as in 幽鬼 means ghost (鬼 by itself is oni/ogre) and it's a homonym with snow. :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Well the card has a girl with horns and a club(?), so there's your ghost ogre. And with the original card being yuki usagi, snow rabbit was probably the expected localization.

^e: much deeper than I would've thought

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Today's awesome game: making a Nurse Burn player ragequit because my Nutellas were out-burning him. :3:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So here it is, what you've all been waiting for

Bearforce One. A deck entirely of Bears*

*except Rescue Rabbit, spiritual bear.

**And the Extra Deck, also spiritually bears.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Onmi posted:

So here it is, what you've all been waiting for

Bearforce One. A deck entirely of Bears*

*except Rescue Rabbit, spiritual bear.

**And the Extra Deck, also spiritually bears.

Koalas aren't bears, you plebe. :argh:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AlternateNu posted:

I AM AUSTRALIAN I KNOW WHAT'S A BEAR! :argh:

EDIT: Fine, due to someone complaining here is our deck

I don't know what else to slide in, I wished Armored White Bear was a real card

There are so few bears in this game.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 21, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Onmi posted:

I AM AUSTRALIAN I KNOW WHAT'S A BEAR! :argh:

EDIT: Fine, due to someone complaining here is our deck

I don't know what else to slide in, I wished Armored White Bear was a real card

There are so few bears in this game.

Hahaha. You can keep the Koalas. Just breaking your balls, Aussie. :hfive:

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

AlternateNu posted:

Hey if rescue rabbit can be an honary bear, I don't see why koala bears can't be.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Throw in some Mother Grizzley's, they're good level 4's that'll help bolster your deck for XYZ and also help with defence.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, it's only hit me but Yuya's dad is totaly a Zeppeli lookalike.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ConanThe3rd posted:

50 episodes later and his disappearance has never had one ounce of light shed upon it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

50 episodes later and his disappearance has never had one ounce of light shed upon it.

Did they ever explain why Yuma's dad (Kazuma?) was precognitive and had super powers? Like, what. ZeXal!!!! :arghfist:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh god.

I guess he's totally dead, then. Sorry Yuya. At least your mum's still a badass biker.

Actually, why aren't they bringing Yoko to the Synchro Dimension? She'd be an awesome Riding Duelist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Help, this deck is poo poo, what do I do?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh god.

I guess he's totally dead, then. Sorry Yuya. At least your mum's still a badass biker.

Actually, why aren't they bringing Yoko to the Synchro Dimension? She'd be an awesome Riding Duelist.

He's Zeppeli with a modded Speedwagon Hat. He must've helped so many JoJos before he bit it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Not much dueling this episode, but that didn't stop it from being pretty great. The characters in this show are really drat good and all the little moments of characterisation in this episode were really nice from the small stuff like Masumi and Yaiba concluding that Hokuto's been carded and resolving to join the lancers as well, to Shuuzou crying about Yuzu's disappearance and demanding to go to Academia as well to get her back, and pretty much everything about Yoko this episode. It was very well put together. Yoko is also the best drat character, trying to run over her Son to teach him a lesson about dueling for smiles instead of for revenge, using a deck made out of "Biker Queen's", and being an ex-gang leader with a nickname that has got to be knowing reference to 5D's.

The Zeppeli comparison someone made for Yuusho is great, and Yoko also ORAORAORA'D this episode, so with Reiji's JoJo pose from last week someone on the team has to be a fan. I'm also glad they're bringing back the Entertainment Duel stuff, and not just dropping it to the side once the story gets serious. It's nice to see that the show has thematic consistency, and that even 50 episodes in Yuya is still getting character development and learning new lessons and everything. He has to be one of the better Yugioh Protagonists from a character focus at least.

I love it when the adults in shonen shows actually exist and get characterisation and everything beyond just being the parents or whatever, so I really enjoyed this episode. Arc V's a pretty drat good show even with out the cardgames and that's great.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Not much dueling this episode, but that didn't stop it from being pretty great. The characters in this show are really drat good and all the little moments of characterisation in this episode were really nice from the small stuff like Masumi and Yaiba concluding that Hokuto's been carded and resolving to join the lancers as well, to Shuuzou crying about Yuzu's disappearance and demanding to go to Academia as well to get her back, and pretty much everything about Yoko this episode. It was very well put together. Yoko is also the best drat character, trying to run over her Son to teach him a lesson about dueling for smiles instead of for revenge, using a deck made out of "Biker Queen's", and being an ex-gang leader with a nickname that has got to be knowing reference to 5D's.

The Zeppeli comparison someone made for Yuusho is great, and Yoko also ORAORAORA'D this episode, so with Reiji's JoJo pose from last week someone on the team has to be a fan. I'm also glad they're bringing back the Entertainment Duel stuff, and not just dropping it to the side once the story gets serious. It's nice to see that the show has thematic consistency, and that even 50 episodes in Yuya is still getting character development and learning new lessons and everything. He has to be one of the better Yugioh Protagonists from a character focus at least.

I love it when the adults in shonen shows actually exist and get characterisation and everything beyond just being the parents or whatever, so I really enjoyed this episode. Arc V's a pretty drat good show even with out the cardgames and that's great.

You're...talking about thematic consistency, and yet this is the series which used the same stock footage to drive a point home at least a dozen times.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Which is very consistent indeed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

You're...talking about thematic consistency, and yet this is the series which used the same stock footage to drive a point home at least a dozen times.

But... that is exactly what consistency is.

Never said it was particularly subtle. Smiles are the Heart of The Cards of Arc V.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But... that is exactly what consistency is.

Never said it was particularly subtle. Smiles are the Heart of The Cards of Arc V.

Yes, it is. And I'm kind of pointing out that there's no point to be surprised.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

Yes, it is. And I'm kind of pointing out that there's no point to be surprised.

I knew the value of "Smiles" would be consistent throughout the series, but I was unsure whether the emphasis on Entertainment Dueling itself would still remain a part of the show as it moved on to different dimensions and stuff.

The things featuring Yuusho at least have been in the background for quite some time now, so i'm glad they're bringing it back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-CLEARLY THE WRONG THREAD-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh hey, Ghostrick Dorklord is out. Maybe it's time for me to start playing around with a purer Ghostrick deck.