Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

limaCAT posted:

While transforming eggs I got an item called "cenotaph" (I don't know if it's the same name in English). It's a 0$ item that could be moved to the inventory and which had only one interaction: destroy (and of course I destroyed it by mistake). Do you know what it is? The only thing I find googling is a mod for an item in Sims Medieval.

Sounds like a bug, some kind of glitch item. Did you get a screenshot of it? What did it look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Lizard Wizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxJwabyoo4

I need whatever mod made this possible, TIA.

I thought the bed head was funny, but toilet head surpassed it.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

limaCAT posted:

While transforming eggs I got an item called "cenotaph" (I don't know if it's the same name in English). It's a 0$ item that could be moved to the inventory and which had only one interaction: destroy (and of course I destroyed it by mistake). Do you know what it is? The only thing I find googling is a mod for an item in Sims Medieval.

Your transforming thing made a grave marker, but since it was created from an egg, it didn't have any of the other actions on it because it wasn't associated with a particular dead sim.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

mycot posted:

I will say that so far nothing has made me laugh as hard as Sims 3 stories.

Where do I find the good ones? I thought 2's were great but I never really followed 3's community because I never bought it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fuschia tude posted:

Where do I find the good ones? I thought 2's were great but I never really followed 3's community because I never bought it.

There used to be a lot of Let's Plays, but the only one I've read myself is Theta Zero's ongoing one, which is great. I think I read most stories from the old Sims 3 thread, but I don't think it'll be worth combing through it because it got consumed entirely by Sims 4 chat eventually. My favorites are probably FirstPersonShitter's posts.

quote:

King Raymondo, unlike my original mummy from my first save Berjepi, came out with the shittiest bunch of traits ever. Equinologist (or w/e), loser, clumsy, commitment issues and party animal. His lifetime wish is to find a Unicorn.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
If you send away a nasty customer away you will get a rep hit with him, if you freeze him you will get a rep hit with everyone in the room.

If you make him sleep with the sim ray it's ok with everyone! Try it! :science:

Another thing that I wanted to share is that the Alien TV Channel has a fox-news style hit piece about the oncoming invasion of sixam from earthlings.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 13, 2015

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
New patch!

quote:

Update: 04/13/2015 – PC Version 1.5.149.1020/ Mac Version 1.5.149.1220

Howdy Simmers,

While everybody else has been trying to “Get to Work”, SimGuruGnome has been trying to “Get Some Time Off” for a while now. We took pity on him and let him out of his cave temporarily.

Here’s a small round of fixes to rein in a few pesky problems…

Issues Fixed

• Our overly-friendly visitors from Sixam were a bit too amorous. We’ve reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter. We know our men are good looking but that’s no excuse!
  • We’ve fixed a couple issues in the Medical career that could cause problems for actions around repairing broken medical equipment or transferring a patient case. A career in medicine can be grueling for anybody, but nobody wants to be given an impossible task.
  • We’ve upgraded the firmware on our cameras to prevent larger photos from appearing too dark. We’ve also fixed an issue that was causing screenshots to come out blurry.
  • So what did five say to three about… you know what? I don’t have a joke for this. Save Error 531 is bad and we fixed a couple situations that would cause it to occur.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a crash when doing sciencey stuff during the Scientist career.
  • Is your Sim unsatisfied with their love life? Maybe it’s all that alien affection they’ve been getting, or maybe it’s the stress from their new careers, but our Sims have been leaving their partners with an unsatisfied moodlet. We’ve conducted some remedial WooHoo education and Sims should now be better about taking care of their partner’s needs.
  • Fixed an issue where children and teens weren’t getting school credit if they were coming home in a mood not explicitly approved by their school. Harsh!
  • A recent update mistakenly removed some items from teens, but they’re back now. Teens can wear heels again! Fashionable teen Sims can once again experience unnecessary foot pain in the name of looking good.
  • We fixed a few unintended issues on our side that caused problems with certain types of CAS Custom Content.
hat’s all for this quick update. Most of these fixes started as feedback from the community and we couldn’t do it without your help and support.
-SimGuruGnome’s Understudy

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Sims 4, now updated with less alien rape.

I was wondering about the woohoo thing, and it never occurred to me that it was probably a bug.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Allarion posted:

I was wondering about the woohoo thing, and it never occurred to me that it was probably a bug.

I was just assuming that my sims were really inept in bed :shobon:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

deadly_pudding posted:

I was just assuming that my sims were really inept in bed :shobon:

It was a bit strange that three times out of four that my sims slept with each other, they would get an unsatisfied moodlet, but I thought the same thing you did.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
male sims with the "two pump chump" trait often leave their partners unsatisfied in bed, so you need to buy some toys to nullify that

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Segmentation Fault posted:

male sims with the "two pump chump" trait often leave their partners unsatisfied in bed, so you need to buy some toys to nullify that

now available as DLC for 19.99

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Just done porting more Animal Crossing stuff over.

It's really fun to make stuff in 3D again.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Allarion posted:

Wait, so it's actually a bug?
Then what's the point of the hidden woohoo skill?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The what?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

xXWehrabooXx posted:

Wait, so it's actually a bug?
Then what's the point of the hidden woohoo skill?

They were going to do something with it and changed their mind.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Elliotw2 posted:

They were going to do something with it and changed their mind.

Glad they did, people trying to win at that metric would have gotten creepy and psychotic fast.
In other completely not psychotic news...

This is Ronald and Virginia. Nothing like the great outdoors for relaxing!

Well, close enough to the great outdoors for Ronald. Ronald is a hot-headed, childish sim who has volunteered at a secret underground medical facility located beneath a house in the suburbs. Earlier in the day after testing a serum to make sims angry, he somehow glitched and escaped the facility. After this he barged through the front doors of the house above, stormed into a girls room and started yelling at her stuffed toy Bun Bun. Feeling much better he then went back downstairs and complained when he couldn't get back in. I now have a soft spot for this crazy, institutionalised bastard, so made this chamber in addition to the emotionally stressful ones.

As for Virginia, I'm not really sure what her deal is.

Oh right.

A weird thing about buffs in this game is that in this case the stress from being in a fire is only +1 whereas the cosiness of a fire is +2 happiness so she's like a moth to a flame, grinning away. That or she's a crazy bitch.

This is why we can't have nice things Virginia. Like matches, or shivs. Back to the ward, both of you, vacation over.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
Can you transfer Lifetime Rewards from one sim to another? If I bought a Potion of Youth with one guy could I give it to another to use?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Cometa Rossa posted:

Can you transfer Lifetime Rewards from one sim to another? If I bought a Potion of Youth with one guy could I give it to another to use?

Items, yes. Traits, no.

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010
Ever since I installed Get To Work I see Death randomly chilling around town. My sims can make friends with him, but there are no romantic interactions available.

If this is a bug I never want it to be fixed :allears:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

rotoscoped posted:

Ever since I installed Get To Work I see Death randomly chilling around town. My sims can make friends with him, but there are no romantic interactions available.

I've had it happen in some families but not others, typically because some Cheerful sim decides to start talking to Death after a soul-reaping.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

That is a beautiful stomach on that lady. I feel like you remove her skirt there would be no legs, only a blob.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Chamale posted:

I've had it happen in some families but not others, typically because some Cheerful sim decides to start talking to Death after a soul-reaping.

Mine took a time out from inviting sims to her murder factory to do this, unprompted, after he'd reaped two more eternal-life-givers.

They spent enough time cloudgazing that they hit 'good friends' status.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 17, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

So where do you think we go when we die?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So where do you think we go when we die?

But... we are already dead!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

rotoscoped posted:

Please let there be a hidden "reaper" career in Get to Work.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Given what we know about Sims 4 modding, this wouldn't actually be that difficult to add once people learn how the active careers work.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Coldforge posted:

You can actually ask the Reaper what his "career" is.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

So I finally went ahead and updated the OP with info on Get to Work beyond just "expansions coming soon!" and added a section for Game Packs with a bit on Outdoor Retreat. The catch being that I haven't actually played them as new video games haven't been in the budget for a while now, so if anyone wouldn't mind letting me know if I'm wrong on any of the facts that I pulled from promo materials and posts here or if I forgot anything major, I'd appreciate it.

Unrelated, is anyone having an issue with Sims refusing to stop writing songs for any reason? My guitarist Sim is constantly miserable because I'm trying to get her to write songs for the master musician aspiration and when she inevitably gets hungry, tired, full-bladdered, whatever, she's unable to stop. Even canceling the action in the queue won't stop it, it gets an X over it but it stays there with the X and she keeps playing until either the song is finished or the game randomly decides to stop hours and hours later (I've seen her start writing a couple hours before her sister and brother-in-law go to bed for the night and get stuck until they wake up for work the next morning) for no apparent reason. In the meantime she keeps strumming like a madwoman while screaming about how hungry she is, like her fingers are possessed.

Also, unrelated but I found it while looking for that screenshot and thought it was kinda funny: I think you may be celebrating a little early there, Swati:

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Unrelated, is anyone having an issue with Sims refusing to stop writing songs for any reason? My guitarist Sim is constantly miserable because I'm trying to get her to write songs for the master musician aspiration and when she inevitably gets hungry, tired, full-bladdered, whatever, she's unable to stop. Even canceling the action in the queue won't stop it, it gets an X over it but it stays there with the X and she keeps playing until either the song is finished or the game randomly decides to stop hours and hours later (I've seen her start writing a couple hours before her sister and brother-in-law go to bed for the night and get stuck until they wake up for work the next morning) for no apparent reason. In the meantime she keeps strumming like a madwoman while screaming about how hungry she is, like her fingers are possessed.

Yep. It's super broken and that aspiration is impossible on either the guitar or violin (I haven't tried piano yet to be sure if that's broken too).

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Yup, I've had that happen. It's on the list of known bugs over at EA's site; suggested workarounds until it's fixed include:

- queue up another action, cancel songwriting, then send 'em to the toilet (or maybe just queue up 2 actions)
- cancel the action, then have them call someone on the phone

Varying mileage, etc., etc..

(edit: oh yeah, if you do manage to get them to cancel, don't forget that you have to look in their inventory and click the sheet music to resume songwriting.)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Are you sure you're not playing Dwarf Fortress?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
EDIT: ^^^^ :allears: ^^^^

I've never tried the musician aspiration with anything other than piano, and that works fine. Might be the only one that does, I guess?

Without Get to Work, I managed it with three sims. It still works with the expansion, too. I've never tried doing it with guitar or violin. Guess I dodged a weird bullet.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 22, 2015

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Can't believe no one posted this yet

http://simscommunity.net/2015/04/29/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-announcement/

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

That's great work, it's totally going to break every patch though. :unsmith:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Is that a user mod?

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Is that a user mod?

Yep. I'd try it out myself if I could even afford the actual expansion. But these ideas sound great!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Is that a user mod?

It's right there in the URL. :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Trilobite posted:

Yup, I've had that happen. It's on the list of known bugs over at EA's site; suggested workarounds until it's fixed include:

- queue up another action, cancel songwriting, then send 'em to the toilet (or maybe just queue up 2 actions)
- cancel the action, then have them call someone on the phone

Varying mileage, etc., etc..

(edit: oh yeah, if you do manage to get them to cancel, don't forget that you have to look in their inventory and click the sheet music to resume songwriting.)

Easiest way is to cancel the action, then give them a Move To... command. It's worked for me every time. Extra emphasis to the edit though. You don't want to start from scratch 4 times like I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

If this means that custom active careers are reasonably doable, I'm wondering how long it'll be until the basegame ones will get modded into being active careers.