Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

ShadowMar posted:

did you like kf1

if yes, then buy it

Loved it, guess it's a buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

year199X posted:

I'm under the impression that if you liked KF1 there's no reason not to pick this up short of financial constraints. Or maybe if you really liked firebug or something.

Firebug's going to be in in the next few months, it's just not in right now. Personally, the perk I'm most excited for is Gunslinger.

Game's currently fun, very pretty and largely bug-free. The only issue (which is major) is that there aren't enough servers for everyone to play right now. :v:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Did the password protect work?

As far as I could tell, yes, everyone on it seemed to be goons.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Curses.
I'll keep on trying and hopefully it won't suddenly declare I've bought 42423456 copies.

Problem solved :getin:

freelop fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 21, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Played several matches. Game is loving awesome. Every perk is cool.

I wish it started everyone at level 1 instead of level 0 though - the jump in power is huge and there's no reason to have new players go through the level 0 hazing period.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
One slight nitpick for the UI guy: on the Perks screen for Berserker under the XP Objectives the second line needs to be scrolled to see the final part. "Killing a zed near a team member with a" and then "Berserker weapon" after you scroll down. As far as I saw this is the only Perk that has this issue.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My server cleared out, also I found the KF webpage to edit the server easier, I thought all I could do was FTP/config but there is a much easier interface to change settings. I might set the server to 10 wave so people get more exp.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Firebug's going to be in in the next few months, it's just not in right now. Personally, the perk I'm most excited for is Gunslinger.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Early access and all.

Personally I can't wait for demolitions.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I set ~Goon Floor 2~ to Long mode(10 waves) on Normal but I have no idea if it will change on next map or if it needs a restart, but if you can't find the server you probably need to filter for 10. If it doesn't change to 10 I'll do it later.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
Is it just me or does the hanzo steel katana completely loving suck now?

Edit: Or maybe I'm just not used to being level 0 again. :ohdear:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I am so glad that I checked the Top Seller's tab when I did, I almost completely forgot the EA was coming out on the 21st.

I'm looking forward to kicking rear end and taking names as the Berserker.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

NT Plus posted:

Is it just me or does the hanzo steel katana completely loving suck now?

It's for an upcoming class and as such is not actually on-perk for Berserker (and doesn't get the zerker bonuses).

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

not sure if someone mentioned this already, but
you can go to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini and change MaxDeadBodies to something like 50

even more gore this way

Echoing this super a lot!!! Saw a screenie on the Steam page where they set it to 500 and it was nothing but bodies with some floor visible between. It was glorious... :allears:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Killing Floor 2 loving rules, Tripwire delivers

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.

Alkydere posted:

It's for an upcoming class and as such is not actually on-perk for Berserker (and doesn't get the zerker bonuses).

That actually makes a whole lot more sense. Thank you goonsir.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I found the command to quickjoin my server, it's: open 104.156.246.12:7777 (pw still LLJK)

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Holy crap, guys. I'm so happy that people are enjoying the game.

20,000+ players worth of servers should be coming online over the next couple of hours and that will hopefully make it easier to find a game. In the mean time, thanks for hanging in there!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Questioner86 posted:

Holy crap, guys. I'm so happy that people are enjoying the game.

20,000+ players worth of servers should be coming online over the next couple of hours and that will hopefully make it easier to find a game. In the mean time, thanks for hanging in there!

Well done on #1 Top Seller on Steam :)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

What is the point of the Eviscerator (the saw blade thing) it has low ammo, uses fuel to melee and can't block... it kind of seems worse as a berserker than packing a nail gun and the hammer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No luck in getting into a game. Oh well, I'll try again later.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Stormgale posted:

What is the point of the Eviscerator (the saw blade thing) it has low ammo, uses fuel to melee and can't block... it kind of seems worse as a berserker than packing a nail gun and the hammer.

Not having to make individual swings at later waves when there are a zillion trash zeds, and a ranged attack for Zerkers who want one but won't touch the nailgun.

Also it's cool.

EDIT: vvv I was completely unaware you could do that :allears:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Stormgale posted:

You can pick the saw blades back up and just one will gently caress up everything in a straight line.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Well done on #1 Top Seller on Steam :)

#1 seller in less than 30 minutes at that.

But it deserves that spot. Hopefully once SEA release is sorted out, you guys can work on some quality of life stuff. Mouse sensitivity in ADS is a big one honestly, default mouse acceleration apparently is another. Maybe making it easier to find server by IP would be nice as well. I couldn't easily find a way in the browser.

Also drop the price of 1100 tier weapons or buff them since both the combat shotgun and AK-12 are bad ideas to buy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Stormgale posted:

You have to preserve ammo. The middle mouse melee strikes uses no ammo IIRC

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

You have to preserve ammo. The middle mouse melee strikes uses no ammo IIRC

Nope it uses fuel at least when I used it which is what confused me

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Alright, my server has been restarted and it's running 10 Wave now. Should be a more appropriate challenge for goons on Normal and gives more exp. gl

edit: I disabled team collision. What's the command to initiate a map vote, Trip devs?

Akumos fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 21, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Akumos posted:

Alright, my server has been restarted and it's running 10 Wave now. Should be a more appropriate challenge for goons on Normal and gives more exp. gl

Thank you. Also to those who are familiar to 7 wave games but not 10, they ratchet up the number of scrakes and fleshpounds by a sizeable amount, more than KF1 I think. Have fun!

EDIT: Also, if you wish to put a server into your favorites, yu have to select the server, and view the server info. theres a favorite star option thing on the window that pops up.

Broose fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 21, 2015

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
How can you unbind keys? I'm trying to stop nudging the mouse wheel from being such a liability but no button appears to allow you to unbind completely.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Accordion Man posted:

Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

I think they're fine. Keep the pistol to headshot the small fry and save the other weapons for the rest.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

You run out of ammo faster in general now.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Accordion Man posted:

The Medic guns are all excellent, the SMG is pretty much laser accurate and is perfect to pop heads and both the shotgun and assault rifle have great damage. Most weapons in the game have a lower ammo stock compared to KF1, so short-controlled bursts and all that.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Medic shotgun is honestly one of the best guns in the game. Carry as many guns as you can. Ammo does run out quick.

Unlike KF1, I don't sell off my low-tier weapons until I literally don't have room for them anymore. They are more useful as another ammo pool than the 100 dosh you get from them.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Do we have any more servers than Akumos's? His is full. :(

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ah, I think my problem was enabling VSync which screwed me up. I was wrong.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3-?????????
4-?????????
5-?????????
6-?????????

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Super Dude posted:

ALG has a server at the top of page 8. There is another somewhere on that page as well I think.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Super Dude posted:

Will have one more stable one later once I can get to a real computer.

68.232.183.112:7777

Pw: lljk

I do kinda laugh at the lack of servers despite the Gameservers.com rumor because I know all those fucks that preordered and didn't get a key just cancelled their order

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The issue with medic guns running out of ammo is that it is pretty hard to tap-fire out only one shot and you can very easily use 2-3 for a headshot and end up wasting ammo that way. If you're really quick with your clicks you can just fire off one shot and save ammo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hahaha, I just got a "disconnected from host" error while on solo play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lady Morgaga posted:

Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3-?????????
4-?????????
5-?????????
6-?????????
If I can wrangle a copy by the next two days (which I should be able to), then sign me up. If it helps, I main Sharpshooter in KF1 (probably'll play Support until they add SS, though).