Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Finally clawed my way up to Wrestlemania tier. Got a Mr. Fuji card :smith:

I feel like, when you're dealing with cards that have stats from like 1500-3000+, adding 62 to speed really doesn't help me much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

Finally clawed my way up to Wrestlemania tier. Got a Mr. Fuji card :smith:

I feel like, when you're dealing with cards that have stats from like 1500-3000+, adding 62 to speed really doesn't help me much.

it's a little better in WM tier since there's a lot better balance between cards. a manager (particularly a Blassie) can help a lot especially since the HHHs and the Harts are so close to each other in points. they were useless in Survivor tier though

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

it's a little better in WM tier since there's a lot better balance between cards. a manager (particularly a Blassie) can help a lot especially since the HHHs and the Harts are so close to each other in points. they were useless in Survivor tier though

Yeah I'll probably be happy with it if/when I ever get more WM cards. Right now I'm running Survivors & Survivor Pros and it's pretty useless.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bard Maddox posted:

Yeah this recent PCC I would have killed for a good support, my WM heenan and SV taunt covered most bases but I still lost too many Bret mirror matches for my liking and so many people have SV Blassies so you need to be able to beat that.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Bard Maddox posted:

The only stat HHH is better is Power.

Still the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be :c00l:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

This week's top RTG prize is Daniel Bryan; the theme is IC champions. This will be the third RTG in a row where the Survivor card is one that gives me a pair, which is convenient.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I was really hoping for a left or up arrow promo WM card, I guess I'll try for bryan anyway but man I am feeling the hurt on missing out on HHH

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k15/wwe-2k15-windows-pc-announcement-this-spring-27315901

it's happening!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

It may be a completely mediocre game, but this news makes me really happy

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

triplexpac posted:

It may be a completely mediocre game, but this news makes me really happy

official 2k spokesperson John Cena has put my fears to rest with his real quotes in the announcement, however.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Think modders will be able to cut up story mode scenes into a budget Create A Story version?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait until it's $10 on Steam!

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
The idea of Cena playing on a PC is hilarious to me.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kukash posted:

The idea of Cena playing on a PC is hilarious to me.

and a Commodore 64 and his Texas Instruments system. I love John Cena

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
All DLC being included for free is a good—but also entirely necessary—move. That and the modding potential do rather redeem the game. Only problem is you know that by the time the mods get good, 2k16 will be on the horizon.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:krad:

Excellent timing as I just got my new(ish) computer set up and it seems to run newer games at tolerable frame rates!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

isnt it about time for 2k16 though

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

isnt it about time for 2k16 though

Maybe they're going to always release the PC version later than the console?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sounds probable and idiotic

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If it means we don't get nickeled and dimed for DLC I'm okay with waiting.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is Punk in 2K15? This raises a weird situation, where the game they are putting out is way more out of date than the original release.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes, what is the weird situation?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

epitasis posted:

yes, what is the weird situation?

The weird situation will be that roster is outdated like every other game in the last 30 years.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I imagine the "weird situation" referenced involves their ability to put CM Punk in the game.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's possible the PC port took a long time to make due to having to build it from scratch with a smaller team and updating it for next year's version won't take as long, but it's probable that it will still be a much lower priority release and be worked on mainly after the console versions' release rather than simultaneously

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's not been rebuilt, nobody does that. It's a straight port of the PS4/Xbox One build, and it only took longer because A) they want to maximise sales on console and B) it's not even remotely a priority, with a market of unknown size.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

It's not been rebuilt, nobody does that. It's a straight port of the PS4/Xbox One build, and it only took longer because A) they want to maximise sales on console and B) it's not even remotely a priority, with a market of unknown size.

Sure, I just mean there's no existing PC version to copy from. You're right that this is definitely a low priority release.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

The weird situation will be that roster is outdated like every other game in the last 30 years.

Every other game wasn't THIS outdated though. Like CM Punk is still in the game, the guy has been gone forever and is currently being sued by the WWE. To me that's a weird situation. I could see WWE wanting Punk and Del Rio out of the game due to their exits from the company, but since it's just a port job THQ wouldn't want to put the work in.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Removing Punk from that game would be a challenge, considering he's the star of one of the game's single player stories.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Roster is locked in shortly after 'Mania, so yes, 2k16 will be just as outdated. That's what happens when you insist on releasing every year. To catch up to WWE programming, the games would need to skip a year and also release at a different time of year. That's not going to happen as long as yearly releases are making profit.

Blasmeister posted:

Sure, I just mean there's no existing PC version to copy from.
Doesn't matter with this hardware generation. It mattered on the last few because each generation there was at least one console using its own architecture, so porting was a loving mess, but this time around both the PS4 and Xbox One are, for development purposes, no different than a PC. Different OS, of course, but the basic development is the same; the Xbox One version is already a port of the PS4 build.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 21, 2015

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
not shipping every year doesn't make the rosters anymore up to date. they still need to cutoff at a certain point so the assets can be created. it just means players will be playing with a roster that's 30 months out of date by the time the next game comes out instead of 18. whether you release every year or every 2 years, creating a complete character is still going to require x months of work before the game's shipping date

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

pressedbunny posted:

All DLC being included for free is a good—but also entirely necessary—move. That and the modding potential do rather redeem the game. Only problem is you know that by the time the mods get good, 2k16 will be on the horizon.

I was really surprised to hear that but I'm guessing they're going to make that up by having the launch price at $60

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blast Fantasto posted:

Removing Punk from that game would be a challenge, considering he's the star of one of the game's single player stories.

Yeah I know, I'm just picturing Vince somehow finding out about this and stomping down to 2K studios to raise hell about them putting that lazy millennial CM Punk in a new video game

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It really annoys me that they've fully embraced DLC, yet still insist on a yearly cycle for games. Oh and btw, we still won't let you carry over any created content!! It's obnoxious and has drained my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Was 2k15 a big step down from a gameplay standpoint or was it just bad single player/create tools that made everyone negative about it? I was surprised by how much I liked 2k14, like I still play it every once in a while.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The changes to the engine and the stamina system in the next-gen version of the game slow the action down a bit. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you felt about the pacing of Yukes games past. I like it more. The chain wrestling system I can take or leave.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I played WCW Nitro for hours back in the day, I have a high tolerance for crappy wrestling games.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Was 2k15 a big step down from a gameplay standpoint or was it just bad single player/create tools that made everyone negative about it? I was surprised by how much I liked 2k14, like I still play it every once in a while.

I thought it was fantastic, but I haven't touched the create a wrestler or storyline portions in years.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

triplexpac posted:

I played WCW Nitro for hours back in the day, I have a high tolerance for crappy wrestling games.

I remember playing world tour and loving the fact that i could powerbomb the giant as rey mysterio jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ColeM posted:

I remember playing world tour and loving the fact that i could powerbomb the giant as rey mysterio jr.

world tour is a good game, though