Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggycow
Jun 27, 2007
Sad at the lack of listen servers, but at least it only took an hour or so to get my dedicated server up and seemingly working. And I can play the game on it just fine while hosting. Still waiting for my friends though so hopefully it doesn't all somehow go wrong when a bunch of people actually join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Played with randoms on a Hard 7 wave server. Scrakes on Wave 4 will gently caress you sideways if you haven't been conservative with your money (or if your teammates are idiots).

Played solo as a Support on Normal 10 wave : Didn't die until the boss and that was me getting grabbed too many times.

Game loving owns, only complaint is that holy poo poo the characters talk a lot. When Sharpshooter gets added in I am going to do nothing but Crossbow zeds like I did in KF1.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does anyone know how to find servers using an IP? I can't find any option to do so in the browser. I blame you Turnways.

quote:

holy poo poo the characters talk a lot
There is actually an option in the audio menu for that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Fina posted:

The issue with medic guns running out of ammo is that it is pretty hard to tap-fire out only one shot and you can very easily use 2-3 for a headshot and end up wasting ammo that way. If you're really quick with your clicks you can just fire off one shot and save ammo.
Yeah, every weapon being full auto is one change I don't like. I miss the Tier 4 Medic Gun that was Semi, that was the gun I used all the time.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Played a shitload of KF1 (firebug pride, we'll meet again soon my rad fire class), but I'm worried about :

From the EULA

Script kiddies/hackers deserve bans from the game, also their servers their rules, but then they're also dictating what other people do on their own servers with the game itself.

That and there's likely no way of them enforcing this manually with this massive playerbase they're going to have, so who knows if they do some sort of automated solution thats easily abused ala X REPORTS MEANS YOU'RE SUSPENDED INSTANTLY?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

immortal flow posted:

How can you unbind keys? I'm trying to stop nudging the mouse wheel from being such a liability but no button appears to allow you to unbind completely.

I just set weapon switch to ] and [ to get rid of it

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thank you devs for a cool game, but thank you most for not changing the intro music much. That eerie tune is so perfect.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

UltraVariant posted:

If I can wrangle a copy by the next two days (which I should be able to), then sign me up. If it helps, I main Sharpshooter in KF1 (probably'll play Support until they add SS, though).

Six packs are for people who want a copy for $25 instead of $30, not actual in game parties :v:

I'm like $6.20 away from being able to participate in one, let's see if I can cash in some Dota/CS stuff to pay for the difference.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Hans throws nerve gas at his feet all the time now. Makes him a bit rough for pub matches.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Stormgale posted:

Nope it uses fuel at least when I used it which is what confused me

The melee bash is the ammo-less melee for the Eviscerator.

Generally from what I've seen:
Primary Fire - Swing once with tap, hold to do a short combo
Secondary Fire (Ironsights Key) - Heavy attack, one swing, extra stagger and damage
Alternate Fire - Parry/Block
Melee Bash - same swing as the primary fire, but only one of them

For the Hammer the Secondary Fire is also the one that uses ammo on contact (but can also be used if empty and won't auto-reload for you - reload your hammers manually)
For the Eviscerator, the Primary fire is firing the sawblade, the Secondary fire is using the Chainsaw mode, the Alternate fire is also Chainsaw mode and Melee Bash is Ammo-less stab

lovely Wizard posted:

Played a shitload of KF1 (firebug pride, we'll meet again soon my rad fire class), but I'm worried about :

From the EULA

Script kiddies/hackers deserve bans from the game, also their servers their rules, but then they're also dictating what other people do on their own servers with the game itself.

That and there's likely no way of them enforcing this manually with this massive playerbase they're going to have, so who knows if they do some sort of automated solution thats easily abused ala X REPORTS MEANS YOU'RE SUSPENDED INSTANTLY?

Good on them for trying to build a better community. I hope it works out.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Broose posted:

Does anyone know how to find servers using an IP? I can't find any option to do so in the browser. I blame you Turnways.

you can't 'find' servers via ip but if you know an ip for a server, press your tilde key on the game menu and type "open [ip address:port]"

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

How to avoid getting banned:

Step 1: Don't be an rear end in a top hat.
Step 2:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So I guess using SAM to hack your achievements/perks will be pretty frowned upon, huh? Does that mean maps created for farming perks/practices will be blacklisted? Is Ganja Farm up yet?!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ZearothK posted:

The Medic guns are all excellent, the SMG is pretty much laser accurate and is perfect to pop heads and both the shotgun and assault rifle have great damage. Most weapons in the game have a lower ammo stock compared to KF1, so short-controlled bursts and all that.

I do feel they could use a slight buff, but only because everyone else gets damage buffs with their weapons and medic doesn't.

That being said, tap firing they feel excellent. Rocking a healing shotty and healing AR at the end is just fun.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Fina posted:

How to avoid getting banned:

Step 1: Don't be an rear end in a top hat.
Step 2:

DatonKallandor posted:

Good on them for trying to build a better community. I hope it works out.

What's the counter to x # of assholes reporting you for no reason if they automate this and you getting suspended from the game itself if that sort of system is how they deal with this?

Since the EULA is pretty vague on actual enforcement.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

lovely Wizard posted:

What's the counter to x # of assholes reporting you for no reason if they automate this and you getting suspended from the game itself if that sort of system is how they deal with this?

Or they are just covering their asses

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Or they are just covering their asses

Which is more than likely.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

lovely Wizard posted:

From the EULA

lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
There is no realistic way to enforce it, so don't worry about it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

lovely Wizard posted:

From the EULA

sorry that you're worried about getting called out for acting like an rear end in a top hat lmao

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ShadowMar posted:

sorry that you're worried about getting called out for acting like an rear end in a top hat lmao

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

lovely Wizard posted:

Automated reports that no one checks and can get you permabanned if enough stream in. Are you seriously worried this will happen?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Man, if I'd known Medics got a shotgun I'd have just gone Medic. Getting perks up to cap feels like it's going to be a lot more of a grind, but maybe I'm just getting fooled by the "levels" being broken down into five sublevels between perk slots.

Also, I miss being level 6 on everything. :negative:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
for some reason a goon with a hellthread avatar is upset about rules that can result in bans for stupid assholes

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Med shotgun is nice but it's not the best thing in the game. Support's the shottie class above all else make no mistake.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Accordion Man posted:

Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

Medic weapons are pretty good. The healing pistol is good at all ranges, the smg is a headshot machine, shotgun is great crowd control and fires as fast as you can click, and the assault rifle deals a lot of damage.

Most classes will seem weak at early levels. I'd say by level 4 you start feeling tougher and stronger against zeds.

The medic smg is great at hip firing. Actually most of the medic weapons do pretty well hip fired.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Does medic get buffs to weapon damage per level?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Med shotgun is nice but it's not the best thing in the game. Support's the shottie class above all else make no mistake.

I like shotguns but I also like spraying assault rifles, so Medic would have been nice for that, but once more shotguns get added in I'll be happier about my poor life choices.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My server just cleared out and is back on 7 wave if anyone wants to go private.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did 2 solo long games on normal as zerk, killed Hans both times.

loving love it, parrying the poo poo out of scrakes will never get old, need to figure out the timing for the fleshpounds though, game runs SO loving smooth on my toaster, seriously kudos on the optimization, shame I won't get to play with my friends today, every goddamn server is full.

I really love the new zerk playstyle with the hammer.

Anyone have the numbers on how much more damage you take on 6 man servers? Or zed health?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

lovely Wizard posted:

From the EULA

Every EULA for online games say that, it's just hidden behind lines and lines of text usually. The only real issue is just the fact that they said it like that, because it's really silly.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Lady Morgaga posted:

Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4-?????????
5-?????????
6-?????????

Hi! I'm down for this.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Does medic get buffs to weapon damage per level?
Doesn't seem like it. Damage resistance, speed, and healing dart efficacy/recharge rate.

Medic shotgun is a definite "oh poo poo" weapon, though. Really low ammo capacity for the RoF/damage, but it does really well when you need to shred something fast. So far (in my ~5 games to wave 7), I've been buying the SMG first thing, picking up the AR, then grabbing the medic shotgun and ditching the SMG on the last wave. I should probably switch to an AA-12 or something for Hans, but eh. I'll get there. I can't wait for level 5 medic and the +ammo perk.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
How does sensitivity compare to killing floor one/how do i convert my sensitivity from KF1 to KF2?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Man, if I'd known Medics got a shotgun I'd have just gone Medic. Getting perks up to cap feels like it's going to be a lot more of a grind, but maybe I'm just getting fooled by the "levels" being broken down into five sublevels between perk slots.

Also, I miss being level 6 on everything. :negative:

If anything, the grind feels way less. In a few hours of playing, I'm already a level 4 Commando with a Level 1 Support solely from offperk shotgunning. I just dislike how they did the Commando perks, especially putting Tactical Reload and Single Shot damage boost on the same tier. That makes absolutely zero sense to me since the best way to play Commando is semi auto and their fast reload was a major plus for an otherwise frowned upon class in KF1.

EDIT : Also, what happened to recoil reduction for ARs?

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Lady Morgaga posted:

Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4- Funkstar Deluxe
5-?????????
6-?????????

I'm down for this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aight, I caved in and bought the game. $45 to my name now, woooooo.

Sign me up for that 6-pack.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
So at the moment the sixpack is at

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4- Funkstar Deluxe
5- UltraVariant
6-?????????

Come on one more :)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Okay goonlords, ~Goon Murder Squad~ is set up for six men, ten waves, normal mode. i apologize for having to restart the server just now, I had to check that everything was working okay and there were no open slots.

68.232.183.112:7777

Pw: lljk

OP, could we put all these servers in the first post?

Also, I am opening up my mumble to KF2 goons. With all the unstability and weirdness of servers and restarts I recommend that people looking to group together do so in mumble and steam in case it dumps you out of a match.

Hostname: mbl1.gameservers.com
Server Port: 10008

If any of the goon servers wants me to dedicate a channel I can make that work. Right now it's only 25 man but it can be expanded if needed.

Thirdly, friend me on steam so we can play together :3

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamshipwrecked

okay now go kill zeds

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skoll posted:

If anything, the grind feels way less.

Essentially, every "level" you get corresponds to a fifth of a perk level in KF1, which makes it feel like you're progressing faster and gives you some of the bonuses gradually instead of all at once.