Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I have that book too and it's really good. I don't care for Dinosaur comics so if you don't either don't let that stop you.

Hopefully you remember enough about Hamlet from high school that you get all the jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Google Opinion Surveys bought me Ridiculous Fishing this weekend. THIS poo poo REALLY WORKS!

...Still beating up One Finger Death Punch without resorting to IAPs. It's a grind, but the core engine is fun enough that it's not an unbearable grind. Anyone care to recommend any of the S-class skills in particular before I cough up the 300K silver?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
EA have widely released a mobile version of EA Sports UFC after a few months in soft launch. They seem to have modeled their game quite a bit on Injustice Mobile (but unfortunately without the superheroes).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 21, 2015

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
This Tales of Illyria game is really good. How should I level my guys in it?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The mobile version of Mortal Kombat X is finally out for Android. It looks like its only available for a few countries at the moment; you might have better luck than me trying to download it.

edit: some people on Twitter are saying its showing up as incompatible for everyone, so it might have gone up a bit prematurely.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 22, 2015

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Should they be played in order?

Ish? The stories aren't really connected and the second one takes place like 30 years after the first, but there are a handful of characters in both (mostly some party members from 1 have eventual cameos in 2).

So while they are both worth playing, I guess you wouldn't really miss That much playing out of order.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Present posted:

This Tales of Illyria game is really good. How should I level my guys in it?

Str does weight (for heavy armor) and damage, Dex does speed (super important everyone needs this) and to hit, int does spell effectiveness and extra skill points maybe? Only casters need a bunch of int.

For me, front line dudes should get either counter, if using a shield or berserk if using a two handed weapon. Archers (if any) should get the archer version of berserk, I think it's called flurry?
Essential spells are heal (on at least two casters), ice (damage and slow? Yes please) and haste. Maybe bless and curse and some other damage spell if you have spots open.

Other than that, try to get everyone on a horse if possible and just be prudent and careful with money and supplies; equipment is hugely important, and the best quality stuff (exquisite or legendary) is super expensive.

Edit: strength also increases hp, so everyone should get at least some of that too.

vmdvr fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 22, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

delfin posted:

Google Opinion Surveys bought me Ridiculous Fishing this weekend. THIS poo poo REALLY WORKS!

My friend and I started doing google surveys. We're able to get expansions on Ascension after almost 2 weeks of surveys. :bubblewoop:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Anybody know when today Plunder Pirates supposed to be available?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Roid666 posted:

Anybody know when today Plunder Pirates supposed to be available?

This one?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yes that one. Must have just been put up! Thanks.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Roid666 posted:

Yes that one. Must have just been put up! Thanks.

Plunder Pirates is up and going on Android.

Come play with goons.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685075

It's a 3d, really good, Clash clone. Loot is also really easy and it's possible to get maxed out in 6 months using 0-$10 USD from starting. If you like Clash at all, check it out.

RVT fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 22, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Man, now I really wish Puzzle Pirates were on Android :(

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Sorcery! 3 is out.

:toot:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:wooper:

All of them are good, but I remember Book 3 being the most fun, with 4 and 2 close behind. Book 3 is also really, really hard though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone looking for an old school beat 'em up might want to check out Beatdown!, a new old iOS brawler just ported to Android from the Random Heroes people.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

precision posted:

:wooper:

All of them are good, but I remember Book 3 being the most fun, with 4 and 2 close behind. Book 3 is also really, really hard though.

I beta tested it, and it's really great. It's got differences from the book, usually in good ways, but one really cool way. If you've read the book it'll be very obvious. A new mechanic that is central to the book. It's a lot of fun, and I beat all 7 serpents (on my second try). Can't wait for book 4.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The devs behind Smash Hit and Granny Smith have an intriguing new game out called Does Not Commute. It's a driving/puzzle game where you get various vehicles to a checkpoint across a map, with the aim being to get as many to the checkpoint as possible as you replay the level again and again with different cars, their paths now swarming the map, all against a time limit. Phew!

Its free with a single IAP to unlock checkpoints.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 23, 2015

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me
My game WRASSLING came out on Google Play today! It's p much Soccer Physics + QWOP + hats. It's free (w ads) so check it out if you're into any of those things!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

the chaos engine posted:

My game WRASSLING came out on Google Play today! It's p much Soccer Physics + QWOP + hats. It's free (w ads) so check it out if you're into any of those things!

My phone is currently off getting repaired but that .gif sold me!

Would play the poo poo out of that if I could.

Looks loving hilarious!

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

dpack_1 posted:

My phone is currently off getting repaired but that .gif sold me!

Would play the poo poo out of that if I could.

Looks loving hilarious!

Cheers! WRASSLING can get pretty loving strange. Dug up some more shots:

BOSS FIGHT

LOOKING DAPPER

REVERSAL

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

mrkillboy posted:

The devs behind Smash Hit and Granny Smith have an intriguing new game out called Does Not Commute. It's a driving/puzzle game where you get various vehicles to a checkpoint across a map, with the aim being to get as many to the checkpoint as possible as you replay the level again and again with different cars, their paths now swarming the map, all against a time limit. Phew!

I've only played one level, but this is a pretty cool concept for a game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

the chaos engine posted:

My job involves a lot of waiting for busses in the morning and afternoon. Thank you for making the morning wait more fun.

Although I could have gone without the kids waiting for the bus going "you're the purple man from five nights at Freddy's!" The entire time I played.

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me
Yeah, some youtuber played a preview version a while back and the comments were nothing but a sea of "PURPLE GUY 5NAF". Did not consider that while making the game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

the chaos engine posted:

Yeah, some youtuber played a preview version a while back and the comments were nothing but a sea of "PURPLE GUY 5NAF". Did not consider that while making the game.

I haven't played 5NAF, so I will go into this without that mental connection. Looking forward to it.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Present posted:

This Tales of Illyria game is really good.

Seconding this, or third or whatever.

There's lots there for a dollar - perhaps as well there should be for the 1.04 GB of space it will take up on your device.

But I missed the message on how to speed up travel and haven't managed to figure it out on my own. Help?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't played 5NAF, so I will go into this without that mental connection. Looking forward to it.

The only connection is he's a purple guy using retro graphics.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
Hi :)

Don't know if my question goes here or in the general thread...

I want to play NES/SNES Emulators on my TV. With my actual setup (see below), is this the easier and cheapest way? => With a USBOTG connector, I would be able to connect my PS4 controller to my cellphone. Then I mirrorcast my cell to my chromecast and I play on my TV. Will this work flawlessly (no lag)?

Actual setup:
Samsung Plasma TV (not smart)
Galaxy S4 and soon S6 (no root)
Chromecast
Bluetooth controllers (Wii Remote and PS4)

Apps:
John NES - NES Emulator
SuperLegacy16

I still doesn't have a USBOTG connector. Will any do the job? Do you have a better (cheap) suggestion?

Thanks alot! :)

ShiroTheSniper fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 23, 2015

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
You're going to have enough latency that any kind of action game will be unplayable. Get an MHL cable instead. Read reviews before you get one as Samsung uses a different pinout than everyone else.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

butt dickus posted:

You're going to have enough latency that any kind of action game will be unplayable. Get an MHL cable instead. Read reviews before you get one as Samsung uses a different pinout than everyone else.

I heard that MHL cable won't work with S6...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/515917-s6-has-no-hdmi-mhl-other-video-output.html

Edit: And I won't be able to plug my controller in with a MHL cable if it would work.

ShiroTheSniper fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 23, 2015

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
I thought you were using bluetooth controllers? You can give it a shot but I've tried both Chromecast and Miracast and both had enough latency to make playing games not fun.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the chaos engine posted:

this is some good poo poo right here

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

the chaos engine posted:

Great game.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
:frogsiren: The Room Two is on sale for $0.59 :getin:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mrkillboy posted:

This is awesome but it's worth noting that you basically HAVE to unlock checkpoints. So it's more like a "demo" than "free game you can pay if you want to".

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

butt dickus posted:

I thought you were using bluetooth controllers? You can give it a shot but I've tried both Chromecast and Miracast and both had enough latency to make playing games not fun.

If I looked correctly, I'll need the USBOTG adapter for my S6, as seen here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/connect-ps3-controller-gaming-t3078848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m60UIuVL2Gc

Unless you can use the PS4 controller to S6 without anything?

Wiimotes doesn't seem to work with S4 and up: http://android.ccpcreations.com/wiicontroller

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Antifreeze Head posted:

There's lots there for a dollar - perhaps as well there should be for the 1.04 GB of space it will take up on your device.

But I missed the message on how to speed up travel and haven't managed to figure it out on my own. Help?

The bit on the bottom mid with the two dragons and the horse. Drag the tiny vertical bar to the right.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ShiroTheSniper posted:

If I looked correctly, I'll need the USBOTG adapter for my S6, as seen here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/connect-ps3-controller-gaming-t3078848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m60UIuVL2Gc

Unless you can use the PS4 controller to S6 without anything?

Wiimotes doesn't seem to work with S4 and up: http://android.ccpcreations.com/wiicontroller

Man, there's just NO way to use a controller with a non-rooted Nexus 4, is there?

EDIT: Or does the OTG cable work for that, too?

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Antifreeze Head posted:

The status bar at the bottom, with the horse that shows how far you are from the next town has a little bar that you can drag. Left is regular speed, right is fast. I think fast may have drawbacks though? Like either you use more supplies, or maybe it impacts morale, or something. I'm not sure because I just set it near regular and left it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

precision posted:

This is awesome but it's worth noting that you basically HAVE to unlock checkpoints. So it's more like a "demo" than "free game you can pay if you want to".

Maybe if you're bad at the game :smug:

Smash Hit was the same way, where the free version was a 100% complete game and paying for the "unlock" just gave some convenience features like allowing to start at different checkpoints. I paid for the unlock on that game because I wanted to support these nice Swedish boys who make quality games and don't fill them to the gills with ads and spyware. But I would say that true mastery of either of these games is how well you can do from the beginning of them, which doesn't require paying a cent.