Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

Though the affected phone makers have tried to separate and encrypt the information in a separate secure zone, it’s possible to grab the biometric data before it reaches that protected area and create copies of people’s fingerprints for further attacks, said Tao Wei and Yulong Zhang from FireEye.

Any hacker who can acquire user-level access and can run a program as root, the lowest level of access on computers and smartphones, can easily collect fingerprint information from the affected Android phones, they said. On the Samsung Galaxy S5, they wouldn’t need to go as deep, with malware needing only system-level access.

Wei and Zhang said they had contacted Samsung, but had not heard back about any updates for users.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/04/21/samsung-galaxy-s5-flaw-allows-hackers-to-clone-fingerprints-claim-researchers/

Didn't they also send someone back an LG phone as a replacement once? Or was that HTC?

holy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
oh nice one.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

man, mr. R and mr. D have both gotta have really bad back problems as they get older being all off balance like that

android never really got R&D, they just copy successful competitors

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
those samsung phones tend to have the chip that wants unfettered dma to make teh camera work, allowing anyone to read anything

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
this is what freedom looks like, crapple users don't understand

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you can use it to install that old copy of lotus 1 2 3 3.0 you have lying around in a dos box

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

You have no friends. lol

I got back from cancun with one friend yesterday, just returned from dinner with another and am waiting for someone else to wake up so we can chat for an hour or so as we do every few evenings. I'll tell you what I don't have though; crippling financial autism, a lovely old house and an ugly wife :tipshat:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:neckbeard: :munch:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shitface posted:

I got back from cancun with one friend yesterday, just returned from dinner with another and am waiting for someone else to wake up so we can chat for an hour or so as we do every few evenings. I'll tell you what I don't have though; crippling financial autism, a lovely old house and an ugly wife :tipshat:

lol

just add that you hosed your hot girlfriend while you were in cancun and ur dick waving can be complete

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

also playa del carmen/tulum/anything but cancun are much proer yucatan peninsula destinations noob

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

leave the resort? where there are MEXICANS? no thanks, i'll have another $12 jose cuervo margarita here at the resort

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
did anyone stand up and clap?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

My wife is better looking than anyone you've ever hosed, and you will never post pictures because you know it's true. You're so pathetic, you moved across the Atlantic Ocean to avoid people who, rightly, think you're a piece of poo poo and aren't sad to see you gone.

...and you moved to Arizona. lol.

What a life.

Apr 7, 2003

"I am from Europe and want to experience America, so I'm going to visit Arizona," said no one ever who wasn't a poor piece of poo poo white trash.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

mishaq posted:

lol

just add that you hosed your hot girlfriend while you were in cancun and ur dick waving can be complete

seems unlikely given the person i took is a lesbian

mishaq posted:

also playa del carmen/tulum/anything but cancun are much proer yucatan peninsula destinations noob

actually the resort was in playa del carmen, i've posted it here before. also we left the resort on two of the evenings.

mishaq posted:

leave the resort? where there are MEXICANS? no thanks, i'll have another $12 jose cuervo margarita here at the resort

spent $1500 bucks of company money in 4 days :smuggo:

Citizen Tayne posted:

My wife is better looking than anyone you've ever hosed, and you will never post pictures because you know it's true. You're so pathetic, you moved across the Atlantic Ocean to avoid people who, rightly, think you're a piece of poo poo and aren't sad to see you gone.

...and you moved to Arizona. lol.

What a life.

lol. have another meltdown about it tori

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

lol. have another meltdown about it tori

You've had a meltdown about me over, and over, and over, because I have dominated you repeatedly by not even posting about you. Your life is poo poo, and you're mad at me because my life is better than your lonely, atavistic dumpster of a life could ever be.

I've never even acknowledged or noticed you until the past few weeks, but please, keep talking about how ugly my wife is.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

"I am from Europe and want to experience America, so I'm going to visit Arizona," said no one ever who wasn't a poor piece of poo poo white trash.

more like "I am from Europe and the function I fulfil is based out of Phoenix. i will travel a fair amount and see various places in the US largely on company money" this seems at least competitive "i will constantly screech on a comedy computer forum about what a grown up, good decision maker i am because it beats having to bang my ugly wife"

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

more like "I am from Europe and the function I fulfil is based out of Phoenix. i will travel a fair amount and see various places in the US largely on company money" this seems at least competitive "i will constantly screech on a comedy computer forum about what a grown up, good decision maker i am because it beats having to bang my ugly wife"

That's a lot of words to type to say "I'm white trash from europe" lmfao

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

You've had a meltdown about me over, and over, and over, because I have dominated you repeatedly by not even posting about you. Your life is poo poo, and you're mad at me because my life is better than your lonely, atavistic dumpster of a life could ever be.

I've never even acknowledged or noticed you until the past few weeks, but please, keep talking about how ugly my wife is.

i've barely posted in the last few weeks so that's not really true is it? i guess being a highschool dropout and all...

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

what the

Apr 7, 2003

He thinks my wife is ugly and posts about it a lot. He thinks a lot about my wife.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's a lot of words to type to say "I'm white trash from europe" lmfao

a powerful point, well made. no wait, it's a pile of shite

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

a powerful point, well made. no wait, it's a pile of shite

You should have just posted "well played, goon sir."

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i have the biggest dick in teh world also im teh richest and best lookign man on teh planet. im also the head of teh shadow governemnt so i rule the world. im better than both of you.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

He thinks my wife is ugly and posts about it a lot. He thinks a lot about my wife.

Is she?

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
was shitface the dude that drunkly bought an ipad with "lol why did i buy this" engraved on the back?

Apr 7, 2003

eric posted:

Is she?

She's wonderful and beautiful and the best person I've ever known.

Apr 7, 2003

DaNzA posted:

was shitface the dude that drunkly bought an ipad with "lol why did i buy this" engraved on the back?

Yes.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i use android because its the best

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

You should have just posted "well played, goon sir."

maybe i should suck you off! LMFAO!!111!

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

DaNzA posted:

no

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bobbilljim posted:

i use android because its the best

its actually really bad

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
that's actually pretty awesome

drat nvm

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

maybe i should suck you off! LMFAO!!111!

Have you been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder at any point in your life? You don't seem to understand how people interact, or what is socially appropriate.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

She's wonderful and beautiful and the best person I've ever known.

which is why you post here like 12 hours a day

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

which is why you post here like 12 hours a day
Have you been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder at any point in your life? You don't seem to understand how people interact, or what is socially appropriate.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

no. and i even made it the whole way through secondary education. my mental capacity and state have not been questioned

Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

no. and i even made it the whole way through secondary education. my mental capacity and state have not been questioned

Scotland is even more hosed up than I thought it was

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ok not as good as i was expecting. gas and ban everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

ok not as good as i was expecting. gas and ban everyone