Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

yes but that requires coordination between you and your landlord and is an inconsistent experience bank to bank

there's no universal system that's just "Hey, send money to Account #75531833" without prior setup

it's why in 2015 we can't even split a restaurant bill on one person's credit card and have everyone else just immediately send their share from their phones

i use capital one 360 and i can "send" people money with ACH transactions without fees, but it literally has to send them an email and wait to have them reenter their own account/routing numbers (which I already had) to "approve" of the transfer because ACH is stupid as gently caress for consumers and based on processing paper checks

don't defend this poo poo, it's terrible

actually the primary reason we dont do that stuff is because it would be income and therefore taxable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

actually the primary reason we dont do that stuff is because it would be income and therefore taxable
lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao that the 2013 nexus is a pos now too. i thought it was just the 2012s. actually if the 2013s are bricking that would make the 2012s less of a pos now, since its only problem is mysteriously becoming agonizingly slow over time.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you got scroogled son

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just send it to asus! the company that said they received empty boxes or devices that had been hit with a hammer rather than honor the warranty!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

even if they don't do that, they're asking as much money to repair it as it will cost you to buy a new/refurbished one.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shitface posted:

wow. just got back and caught up with this thread. what do we have? tori has some kind of post traumatic poor disorder and the usual fan club bending over backwards to paint it as either a "tori'ing" or "tori is totally not broken and sperging out about how mature he is doe the millionth time like some try hard tween". cool. wonder what I missed on iplayer

You have no friends. lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Though the affected phone makers have tried to separate and encrypt the information in a separate secure zone, it’s possible to grab the biometric data before it reaches that protected area and create copies of people’s fingerprints for further attacks, said Tao Wei and Yulong Zhang from FireEye.

Any hacker who can acquire user-level access and can run a program as root, the lowest level of access on computers and smartphones, can easily collect fingerprint information from the affected Android phones, they said. On the Samsung Galaxy S5, they wouldn’t need to go as deep, with malware needing only system-level access.

Wei and Zhang said they had contacted Samsung, but had not heard back about any updates for users.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/04/21/samsung-galaxy-s5-flaw-allows-hackers-to-clone-fingerprints-claim-researchers/

BiohazrD posted:

just send it to asus! the company that said they received empty boxes or devices that had been hit with a hammer rather than honor the warranty!

Didn't they also send someone back an LG phone as a replacement once? Or was that HTC?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

BiohazrD posted:

remember all those dypers struggling or needing help to film themselves packing up their non-ruined tablets and carrying them to the post office without the thing leaving the frame so they'd have a leg to stand on when asus tried to gently caress them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

"Wipe your rear end? Are you a loving idiot? If you wait long enough it crusts up and falls off by itself"

lol

some of you people in this thread, god drat. anroids are broken as gently caress

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

some of you people in this thread, god drat. anroids are broken as gently caress

when did you start using an android?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

Though the affected phone makers have tried to separate and encrypt the information in a separate secure zone, it’s possible to grab the biometric data before it reaches that protected area and create copies of people’s fingerprints for further attacks, said Tao Wei and Yulong Zhang from FireEye.

Any hacker who can acquire user-level access and can run a program as root, the lowest level of access on computers and smartphones, can easily collect fingerprint information from the affected Android phones, they said. On the Samsung Galaxy S5, they wouldn’t need to go as deep, with malware needing only system-level access.

Wei and Zhang said they had contacted Samsung, but had not heard back about any updates for users.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/04/21/samsung-galaxy-s5-flaw-allows-hackers-to-clone-fingerprints-claim-researchers/

is this important though? sure you can steal fingerprints if you have root, but since android doesn't have any real encryption or permissions, you can just get the data anyways, right?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

why yes let me link my bank account to some third party company and then hope whoever i want to send money to also uses this garbage

and it's owned by paypal lol

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

BiohazrD posted:

Sounds like there should be a recall but it would probably bankrupt Asus.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what a terrible name. venmo

let me venmo you some money. :razz: venmoney :iamafag:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
spend mo' with venmo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

someone i was with on a trip who fronted a bunch of cost sent us venmo invites for reimbursement. loving lol

i mailed them a paper check

pram
Jun 10, 2001
venmo' makemo'

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

graph posted:

someone i was with on a trip who fronted a bunch of cost sent us venmo invites for reimbursement. loving lol

did you note it down on a scroll with a quill right afterwards?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pram posted:

shagger uses Microsoft money 98

my dad was so mad when they discontinued Microsoft money and he refuses to use anything else

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Valeyard posted:

when did you start using an android?

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
your dad.. is shagger :wth:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

did you note it down on a scroll with a quill right afterwards?

like im gonna link my loving bank account to some tech bro startup. lol @ how mad you are

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

graph posted:

its pretty handy since there are no fees of any kind, you can also just paypal money as a gift i guess but either way its nice for the occasional use

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

venmo gets props for telling that corrupt dea bitcoin investigator to go pound sand when he issued a subpoena to get his account reactivated

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so it's free to send money from a debit account and it takes 1 day to cash out

sounds like it would save me about $1.50 but cost me 1 day

currently i use debit e-transfer for my paycheque and it takes about 1 minute but costs someone $1.50

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
wire transfers from your hsbc account to another bank account is $40.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my roommate and I are members of the same credit union. fund transfers are free and instant

pram
Jun 10, 2001

THC posted:

my roommate and I are members of the same credit union. fund transfers are free and instant

:bravo:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Wild EEPROM posted:

wire transfers from your hsbc account to another bank account is $40.

how much does it cost to launder cartel money

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

shitface posted:

wonder what I missed on iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05rd99b/inside-no-9-series-2-4-cold-comfort

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

watch these because they're really good and it'll help maybe getting a new series

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

credit union and roommate in the same sentence

get the gently caress out poor

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol, credit unions are great. incidentally all of the paycheck-to-paycheck credit-card-debt-carrying scrubs i know use terrible banks like TD

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

make a payment sperging thread you fucks

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

make a payment sperging thread you fucks

i could resurrect my old chip + signature thread :newlol:

but taking threads on sperg tangents is what yospos is all about

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...rmware-updates/

wasn't the nexus 7 always kinda unreliable and failure prone?

fwiw my ipads from 2010 and 2012 still work great

lmao

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

man, mr. R and mr. D have both gotta have really bad back problems as they get older being all off balance like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

Didn't they also send someone back an LG phone as a replacement once? Or was that HTC?

holy

• Locked thread