Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Its cool that him and Webb are locked up for a while now. Itd be a lot cooler if they were both healthy at the same time

Now I'm hoping they can lock up Osemele. Dude is a vicious guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

From Jeff Darlington; RG3 told me Brady politely refused to give him advice during joint practices. “Not until my career is done, Rob,” he said.

Hang in there, Bob. You'll get to go to a real team in a year. :smith:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

The Vikings hat has the Metrodome in its skyline

:lol:

Someone done hosed up.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

Now I'm hoping they can lock up Osemele. Dude is a vicious guard.

Yanda's in his contract year too. Urshel seems good enough that we could lose either one though. Not gonna replicate either guy's play but he good. And then gain a 4th round compensatory pick lol

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I give thanks for the opportunity to watch the Chicago Bears being fed through the wood chipper called "Aaron Rodgers" on Thanksgiving 2015.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Bears/Packers on Thanksgiving is dumb as gently caress and is just another case of them trying to swagger jack the Lions

Sorry guys, gonna be hard to top Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson devouring the dreams of the Harbaugh era on the 50 yard line.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chilichimp posted:

Don't poo poo on his funny posts, man.

His posts have to actually be funny, though.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Open @ the Cowboys and close @ the Eagles. Wonder who the interim coach will be for the Eagles that game.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Chilichimp posted:

Don't poo poo on his funny posts, man.

Let us know if that ever happens.

Hyuck

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
For everybody on board the CHIP KELLY IS GONNA GET FIRED train, can somebody remind me the win loss record of the 2011 & 2012 Eagles vs. Chip's first and second years in 2013 & 2014?

A 10 win season with half of that season featuring Mark freakin' Sanchez at QB and mostly inherited players not fit for his scheme. I think we'll be just fine.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Borsche69 posted:

Yanda's in his contract year too. Urshel seems good enough that we could lose either one though. Not gonna replicate either guy's play but he good. And then gain a 4th round compensatory pick lol
Yanda's in his 30's, isnt he? Guards grow on trees in Baltimore so I would not be at all surprised if the Ravens let him walk next year (and get that delicious comp pick).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Eagles will be fine mostly because the nfc east is fuckin garbo and the cowboys are going back to 8-8 again

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

89 posted:

For everybody on board the CHIP KELLY IS GONNA GET FIRED train, can somebody remind me the win loss record of the 2011 & 2012 Eagles vs. Chip's first and second years in 2013 & 2014?

A 10 win season with half of that season featuring Mark freakin' Sanchez at QB and mostly inherited players not fit for his scheme. I think we'll be just fine.

When you make a bunch of trades that look bad on paper like the Eagles have it's easy to overreact. That said, if the Eagles aren't a better team after those trades they look really bad, and it's really hard to be better than 10-6 anyway

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

When you make a bunch of trades that look bad on paper like the Eagles have it's easy to overreact. That said, if the Eagles aren't a better team after those trades they look really bad, and it's really hard to be better than 10-6 anyway
But they do not look that bad on paper right now, I dont think. They have improved their defense and still have a beastly O-line. Though yeah I guess their :goshawk: QB situation and not having a WR on the roster is a problem.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
The Twitter word is Falcons open on Monday night versus the Eagles.

Edit: sorry didn't realize we had a whole separate thread for just a schedule release.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bort Bortles posted:

Yanda's in his 30's, isnt he? Guards grow on trees in Baltimore so I would not be at all surprised if the Ravens let him walk next year (and get that delicious comp pick).

He'll turn 31 this season so I figure he has a good 3 or so years of top level play? I think Baltimore definitely has the advantage in negotiating both contracts, at least. I could see them keeping either one, or both.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

89 posted:

If you can't go deep in the playoffs with Mark Sanchez you're basically a scrub coach imo.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

yanda's a weird situation since he's still the best guard in the league by a pretty big margin

having him and osemele on the interior is really fun to watch and made justin forsett look like a pro bowler

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It seems like no one gives a poo poo about Nick Foles anymore now that he's a Ram, maybe because we all know he's going to be brutally destroyed, kevin kolb style

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quest For Glory II posted:

It seems like no one gives a poo poo about Nick Foles anymore now that he's a Ram, maybe because we all know he's going to be brutally destroyed, kevin kolb style

Orrrrr he could become the next Kurt Warner, and by that I mean he'll be packaging groceries by the end of next season.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

WHOOPS posted:

The Vikings hat has the Metrodome in its skyline

It is kind of awkward timing since the new stadium is only halfway there. They should have the frame with all the cranes and poo poo like it is right now for an accurate snapshot of the skyline the year these players are drafted.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Antonio Gates is otherworldly and just by passing through College Football Powerhouse Kent States hallowed halls gained the ability to be an unstoppable touchdown machine in the NFL.

Kemt State owns and I would like to thank them for both Jack Lambert and James Harrison even though Dri Archer can't run off tackle in Haley's dumb system

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

football fuckerman posted:

Time for me to grudgingly say something positive about Jimmy Haslam

He's right about this, the team will not move forward without one and I agree with getting one by any means necessary *i stand looking out the window of a Cleveland Heights tract house holding an m1 and wearing a classic Browns Kosar*

lmao

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Kemt State owns and I would like to thank them for both Jack Lambert and James Harrison even though Dri Archer can't run off tackle in Haley's dumb system

Haley is dumb and I still have faith in Dri having a decent career. Also you guys got one of our DTs from a few years back but the last time he was in the league he was a FB for the Falcons so who knows what he's going to do for yall. He's a cool dude.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

He'll turn 31 this season so I figure he has a good 3 or so years of top level play? I think Baltimore definitely has the advantage in negotiating both contracts, at least. I could see them keeping either one, or both.

Thankfully they both fit the profile of guys Baltimore pays. I think both are 100% worth another contract at market value. Yanda might be the sort to take a hometown discount too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

It is kind of awkward timing since the new stadium is only halfway there. They should have the frame with all the cranes and poo poo like it is right now for an accurate snapshot of the skyline the year these players are drafted.

There's like a billion artist's renditions of what the new stadium will look like in the skyline so it's not exactly hard to mock it up.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

I really don't know what's worst. That he'll be playing behind 2/5ths of an O-lone, for a head coach that thinks it's still 1983 as far as offenses go, or that he's throwing to Brian Quick(who could have been Alshon Jeffrey)and Tavon Austin(who could have been DeAndre Hopkins).

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

PantsFreeZone posted:

I wish that America would institute an announcer lottery. And, no, it isn't like what you think it would be. See, in my vision, America gets to vote every year for one announcer, and then that announcer is stoned to death at halftime of the Super Bowl.

If Phil Simms isn't the first sacrifice, you have all failed the lottery.

Bob Costas is the first against the wall and there is no debate on this.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I would be fine with another olympic bombing so long as it got bob costas.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I would be fine with another olympic bombing so long as it got bob costas.

No, because then you'd have everyone memorialize him and poo poo. You'd want him to get busted for soliciting sex or having a torrid affair with Joe Buck in which they traded company secrets while conjugating in a sex dungeon or something.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

No, because then you'd have everyone memorialize him and poo poo. You'd want him to get busted for soliciting sex or having a torrid affair with Joe Buck in which they traded company secrets while conjugating in a sex dungeon or something.

Pictures are released showing Bob Costas as Tony Siragusa's pig bottom

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Beyond that the Rams just don't get a lot of press even locally.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Petite Dinklage posted:

Bob Costas is the first against the wall and there is no debate on this.

You only have to listen to Bob Costas talk about whatever horrible thing is currently happening once a week for 3 minutes and I'm usually pissing when he comes on.

Phil Simms does every 1pm national game and he is the Michael Cole of announcers. The NFL could set up a microphone, a fan and a jug and just have the the fan rotate and blow soothing jug tones over the action and it would be 1 trillion times better than having to listen to Simms say one goddamn word.

And Collinsworth is #2 on my list.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

PantsFreeZone posted:

And Collinsworth is #2 on my list.

Oh what is this poo poo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think we're just proving why this is a terrible idea.

For the record, I'm in the gently caress Joe Buck camp

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Patrick Spens posted:

Oh what is this poo poo.

Collinsworth used to be good and insightful but now he spouts cliches like a madman in between pointless stories about his irrelevant career 30 years ago all in an incredibly smug tone of voice.

He also picks one player from each team every game and spends the entire night sucking their dicks

Also he looks like an old wrinkly cancer patient's finger

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 22, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Febreeze posted:

Collinsworth used to be good and insightful but now he spouts cliches like a madman in between pointless stories about his irrelevant career 30 years ago all in an incredibly smug tone of voice.

He also picks one player from each team every game and spends the entire night sucking their dicks

Look at this bad opinion.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Febreeze posted:

He never shuts up. Instead of just letting the action speak for itself, he has to interject every second of the game with his inane chatter. Simms is dumb but Collinsworth just speaks to hear himself talk. And the worst is when he talks about wide receivers.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Al michaels more than makes up for collinsworth's peculiarities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Colinsworth is probably my favorite color commentator. Sometimes he gives way too much credit to washed up veterans like Ike Taylor, but he's insightful, funny and likable IMO.

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts are the most underrated team, though, and it's all loving Phil Simms's fault.

• Locked thread