Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Can the invisible girl see herself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope it turns out that Invisible Girl is a vampire, and the reason she's invisible is because of the looking-glass self

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I love this thing they have with Uraraka and Bakugou loving hating each other.

Nah they're just frenemies. I'd be delighted with Uraraka becoming his more or less official rival, though. Deku doesn't need to be everyone's rival.

I hope the current fight ends next chapter so that we can get back to more Bakugou.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tsob posted:

Well now I kinda hope that UA has an end of year dance or something, seems like it could be comedy gold. Just think about anyone asking Bakugou out, or him asking anyone else out. Who would Mineta end up going with? And how many times would Yoyarozou have to turn him down? Would anyone remember to ask the invisible girl out? And would she be disappointed she can't get a picture of herself in a really pretty dress?

Do schools in Japan even do dances? I see sports festivals pop up all the time (this tournament arc, for example, is supposedly taking place during one) but I can't think of any dances or proms or anything like that.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Do schools in Japan even do dances? I see sports festivals pop up all the time (this tournament arc, for example, is supposedly taking place during one) but I can't think of any dances or proms or anything like that.

No. Everyone around the world knows about them via movies and tv shows, however, so I wouldn't put it past an ambitious student government to try and throw one at some point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

pnumoman posted:

No. Everyone around the world knows about them via movies and tv shows, however, so I wouldn't put it past an ambitious student government to try and throw one at some point.

Mineta finds his life's true calling.
School dances.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I want to see Kohei's take on Evangelion's dance battle episode but with superhero kids instead of giant robots.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I've never seen one in a Japanese show either that I recall, but this is alternate reality vaguely future Japan with a somewhat different society and my wishlist, so gently caress it, why not hope for it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've seen dances in Space Dandy and Kamen Rider Fourze, but in those cases, they were explicitly inspired by American high school fiction.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

At last we discover the true successor to the tournament arc.

Dance-offs for the fate of humanity.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I definitely remember a school wide dance happening twice in School Rumble, and that anime was as Japanese high school as it gets. Incidentally, one of those dances was the wrap-up party for a school festival.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
I dunno. We don't get much background on the setting, but it feels a little like a Japanese-western hybrid world to me, like Daten City or San Fransokyo. Maybe it could happen.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I would really love to see a prom arc. That would be the best. Who would be taking whom to the great Freshman Prom?? Oh gosh! :allears:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Mountain camping trip arc. Midterm review arc. Class-wide sleepover at Todoroki's without Endeavor knowing arc.

I want all of these to happen.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 22, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think a mind-body swapping incident can occur?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think a mind-body swapping incident can occur?

100% likely. Uncontrolled quirk goes haywire, swapping a ton of people's bodies. Tsuyu and Grape swap bodies(much to everyone's[and my]) dismay. Hilarity ensues.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It'd probably be funnier if Mineta called in sick that day and missed everything only to be told about it later.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bad Seafood posted:

It'd probably be funnier if Mineta called in sick that day and missed everything only to be told about it later.

"I could have swapped bodies with Asui-chan and played w-"
*frog-tongue-slap*

Yeah that seems like it'd play out better.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Have the kids revel in the American high-school experience and have an unannounced party at Endeavor's place when he's not there and loving trash the place.

That's about all I got. I grew up in the country so all of my "prime" high school experiences were redneck shitkicker stuff like drunken parties in fields, doing donuts on the school's football field, and smoking weed in the parking lot. Bakugou seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat you'd see leaning out of an s10 doing donuts in the school parking lot on the last day of school before summer.

Did teenagers in Japan tend to get driver's licenses?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 22, 2015

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Fabricated posted:

Did teenagers in Japan tend to get driver's licenses?

Not a lot, but some do. It's mostly because having a car isn't essential, as opposed to living almost anywhere in the US where your mobility is incredibly hampered if you can't drive. Most of those who do get a license do it so they can get part time work as delivery drivers and such.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Totally want a drivers license filler arc now, because DBZ established those as being fantastic.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I get the feeling Ochako already knows a few things about operating cranes and cement trucks. Or she doesn't and she just used her gravity powers to haul steel beams.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endeavor can't melt steel beams.

All Might, however, can.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Unless Todoroki fucks up while trying to use his fire power (like someone mentioned), I'm having trouble figuring out how Deku can win. It's a shame he gave up his chance with that one controlled punch of his*, but I guess it was necessary to help Todoroki out with his issues. I am happy he got to successfully use the controlled version of his power again and I hope he starts to do that more often. At the very least he now seems to have the power to punch people super hard without hurting himself.

I like the fact that Deku isn't coming off as too much of an underdog (like most shounen leads tend to, at least earlier in their series). While he is one in this specific fight, that's only because he's fighting arguably the strongest guy in the entire tournament. I have to imagine that, despite him injuring himself in the process, other people are going to be pretty scared of the guy who can cause an explosion with the flick of his finger. Usually it takes longer in shounen for the series lead to become "one of the tougher lead characters", but he's kind of already set himself up as one of the strongest guys in his class, particularly after this fight (whether he wins or loses).

I wonder how he would do in a fight against Bakugou right now (ignoring this current injuries). I can't help but think that he would kick Bakugou's rear end pretty hard if he was willing to sacrifice his fingers/arms in the fight. What exactly is Bakugou going to do against Deku just exploding him away when he tries to get close? Deku's "explosions" are significantly bigger than Bakugou's (possibly excepting that one gently caress-off explosion Bakugou fired out of his costume in that class exercise).

*Though given the fact that it knocked Todoroki back like 20 feet, in reality I'm pretty sure it would have severely injured/killed someone (and Todoroki is presumably just a regular human other than his ice/fire powers).

edit: As a side note, I was just thinking about how Deku, once he can fully control his power, should be able to run faster than Iida. That's gotta suck for Iida.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ytlaya posted:

Unless Todoroki fucks up while trying to use his fire power (like someone mentioned), I'm having trouble figuring out how Deku can win.

Bearing in mind that Todoroki has yet to land a single hit on Deku, that Deku has deflected or destroyed every attack that Todoroki has tried (and that ice is as powerful as fire as an elemental power) and that Deku has actually managed to land some hits on Todoroki I'm not really seeing where you're having trouble. The only difficulty Deku has is holding out long enough to win considering how damaging his fighting style at the moment is. If his attacks weren't so self destructive he'd be cake-walking this fight. And surviving ridiculous injuries is shonen 101. If he can pop fingers back in and clench broken fingers then he can probably still manage a few more flicks or punches. And he can still do kicks if nothing else.

Ytlaya posted:

edit: As a side note, I was just thinking about how Deku, once he can fully control his power, should be able to run faster than Iida. That's gotta suck for Iida.

He'll also be more durable than the steel body guys and more destructive and powerful than Bakugou without the fiery blasts that could hurt people. He'll probably be outdoing quite a few other folks even at their best.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I fully expect One For All to practically become a hot potato between numerous vessels by the series end, especially if a person can get it by eating the DNA of the current vessel. You know, disregarding whether or not the poor shmuck explodes into gory bits from too much One.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Level Slide posted:

I fully expect One For All to practically become a hot potato between numerous vessels by the series end, especially if a person can get it by eating the DNA of the current vessel. You know, disregarding whether or not the poor shmuck explodes into gory bits from too much One.

kinda hoping you somehow have to willingly "charge" your hair or blood or whatever with the power to pass it on because it'd be a really dumb power if any rear end in a top hat that bites you could steal it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I think it's a pretty safe bet by this point that there's more to One For All than All Might has officially disclosed.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

tsob posted:

Bearing in mind that Todoroki has yet to land a single hit on Deku, that Deku has deflected or destroyed every attack that Todoroki has tried (and that ice is as powerful as fire as an elemental power) and that Deku has actually managed to land some hits on Todoroki I'm not really seeing where you're having trouble. The only difficulty Deku has is holding out long enough to win considering how damaging his fighting style at the moment is. If his attacks weren't so self destructive he'd be cake-walking this fight. And surviving ridiculous injuries is shonen 101. If he can pop fingers back in and clench broken fingers then he can probably still manage a few more flicks or punches. And he can still do kicks if nothing else.
Wait are you honestly trying to assert that breaking every bone in your body as the fight goes on isn't a losing state? "If he wasn't actively destroying every resource available to him he'd be cake-walking this fight!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Twiddy posted:

Wait are you honestly trying to assert that breaking every bone in your body as the fight goes on isn't a losing state? "If he wasn't actively destroying every resource available to him he'd be cake-walking this fight!"

Given that he's beating his opponent despite his best efforts, yes. Todoroki hasn't doing anything to beat Deku, Deku is the only one in the fight who has. And if Deku can hold out, he can win regardless of how powerful Todoroki is because Deku has shown that he can either evade or nullify in some way any of his elemental attacks as need be. I'm saying that there's no need to theorize Todoroki being incompetent with his powers for Deku to win, because Deku has already show how he can win. All he has to do is keep going the way he has. Whether he can or not, is another matter entirely.

tsob fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 23, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Deku somehow making it to the fight with Bakugou and then passing out from his previous injuries would be pretty good fuel for their rivalry. Bakugou would never be able to accept that as a real victory.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are out. It's the fight's conclusion, look em up on your own. That is all.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I cracked and looked. I feel like a tool for writing so many words on a wrong thing now, but eh, them's the breaks. I still think this is the worst way Deku could have lost in the tournament, but maybe the translated chapter will change my mind.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You know, it's painful enough just seeing pictures of Deku's limbs covered in blood and bent the wrong way. I can only hope the sound design is up to task when this gets animated.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Level Slide posted:

You know, it's painful enough just seeing pictures of Deku's limbs covered in blood and bent the wrong way. I can only hope the sound design is up to task when this gets animated.
It's worse than you imagine.

Quick translation of recovery girl letting All Might have it over this fight includes the phrase, "This isn't going to heal back into a normal hand."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope Deku being out of commission doesn't mean we'll miss out on the rest of the tournament, it'd be rad to let the secondary characters shine some more. I want Ashido to get some spotlight time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also next week is golden week. No issue. Enjoy!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

It's worse than you imagine.

Quick translation of recovery girl letting All Might have it over this fight includes the phrase, "This isn't going to heal back into a normal hand."

This gives me the impression that they're either going to have to trade Nomu back to the villain alliance for healthcare for Deku or something of that sort. It'd make sense since if someone can create an artificial human being they'd be able to fix Deku's fuckups, and would give an excuse to have the villains regain their version of All Might back. Or they could just continue the story where Deku actually can never get to full All Might status because of this which would be really interesting to see.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Without surgery. They just need to remove the bone fragments inorder to fix him up. Either way Deku's going to have to be content watching the rest of the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

This gives me the impression that they're either going to have to trade Nomu back to the villain alliance for healthcare for Deku or something of that sort. It'd make sense since if someone can create an artificial human being they'd be able to fix Deku's fuckups, and would give an excuse to have the villains regain their version of All Might back. Or they could just continue the story where Deku actually can never get to full All Might status because of this which would be really interesting to see.

For the rest of the series, he gets to cheer on Todoriki from the hospital bed as he becomes the strongest hero ever thanks to his encouragement, while he never gets to be a superhero and has to pass his quirk on to someone else, the end.