Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Is it next Tuesday yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

I like that Skye's first thought upon seeing Coulson working with Ward wasn't "TRAITOR."

She was smart enough to see them attacking the Hydra agents. So even if Ward was with him, it's still Coulson.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I think you've called it here. Was Ethan the body on the table that List was examining?

Yeah. They said his name before the covered him up.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Awwww, good guy Lincoln. Kinda dumb, but still. :3: Sadly, he and Skye can never be together because there is no combination of their names that doesn't sound absolutely terrible. Skincoln, Lincye, they pretty much all sound like terrible diseases, so tumblr will never get behind them.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

JerikTelorian posted:

They are really going out of their way to make Coulson look underhanded.

To be fair, Coulson is teaming up with Ward and a couple other ex-Hydra people against "Real SHIELD", and even I am going "what are you thinking"? He really was not helping his case.

That said, him turning himself in to go explain IS a good move... except that leaves Hunter and Fitz alone with Ward and Kira. (I can't imagine everyone turning themselves in so casually.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spergatory posted:

Awwww, good guy Lincoln. Kinda dumb, but still. :3: Sadly, he and Skye can never be together because there is no combination of their names that doesn't sound absolutely terrible. Skincoln, Lincye, they pretty much all sound like terrible diseases, so tumblr will never get behind them.

Just use her real name! Lincsy. Boom. Or her code name. Quakecoln, which sounds like "Quakin'."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like all the other comic shows but I'm so glad Agents of Shield features characters that more or less act like adults, and Skye rather than getting wrapped up in drama bullshit actively calls it out all the time.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Just use her real name! Lincsy. Boom. Or her code name. Quakecoln, which sounds like "Quakin'."

Quakebolt?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Wait, no, I've got it!

Daisy Johnson
Lincoln Campbell

Daisy Bell

I am a genius. I await your calls, social media marketing firms eager to connect with the youth of today. :c00lbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Spergatory posted:

Wait, no, I've got it!

Daisy Johnson
Lincoln Campbell

Daisy Bell

I am a genius. I await your calls, social media marketing firms eager to connect with the youth of today. :c00lbert:

THAT'S NOT THEIR NAME!!!!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xtanstic posted:

So it seems like they're hinting at Hydra gonna track Gordon to the Inhuman village and we're gonna get a hell of a showdown? Not to mention we still have an AoU tie in and next week from the preview where they're gonna do the thing? Sounds like a great season finale.

I think what we're going to see next week is Coulson and crew hand off Strucker's location to the Avengers who wreck Hydra's poo poo before they can attack Afterlife.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, quick question:

How the gently caress does Lincoln know that's Skye's mother?

She said it needed to be kept secret. Yes, he saw them all at that dinner, but I don't recall anyone saying that was her mother where he could hear...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My recording cut off before the cliffhanger. What happened in it?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Oh, quick question:

She said it needed to be kept secret. Yes, he saw them all at that dinner, but I don't recall anyone saying that was her mother where he could hear...

Jiaying probably just told him. I mean, we never see it happen, but if she's sending the guy to keep tabs on Skye and Cal, he's obviously someone Jiaying trusts a lot.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I think what we're going to see next week is Coulson and crew hand off Strucker's location to the Avengers who wreck Hydra's poo poo before they can attack Afterlife.

Yeah which is a shame. Would like to see some Hydra on Inhuman action

Kheldarn posted:

Oh, quick question:

I assumed he pieced it together from Raina's prophecy and was trying to get Skye to confirm it subtlety. Dude has an untrustworthy vibe about him.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

howe_sam posted:

I think this is right. Potential AoS as well as AoU spoiler: In an interview, Jed Whedon said that as a part of Maria Hill's cameo in AoS, she takes a piece of information from the show and brings it to the movie.

BIRDKNIFE
Aug 18, 2014
Aw dude the Ward "double tap while they're down" is back.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

It all makes sense now.

Pretty much every single character on the show that is related to SHIELD in any way is off doing this poo poo in Milwaukee, leaving Edward James Olmos with his aircraft carrier and fleet of planes to represent REALSHIELD if they make any appearances at all in the Avengers movie. Someone will probably say "Where's SHIELD?!" And it will cut to Olmos and Crew making a last stand on their boat as Ultron rips him a new one.

This leaves Coulson in charge again, with everyone treating Mac and Bobbi like poo poo for betraying them, except they're going to save all their lives in the second part, so then everyone hugs and makes up and deals with the fact that the world just went to poo poo, again. Coulson will probably say something about how since the team is needed more now than ever, all is forgiven.

Also, Cal gets mad, probably hurts people.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

HAHA BAKSHI PLAYS THE LONG GAME FUCKERS

His :smug: grin at the end was great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sammus posted:

It all makes sense now.

Pretty much every single character on the show that is related to SHIELD in any way is off doing this poo poo in Milwaukee, leaving Edward James Olmos with his aircraft carrier and fleet of planes to represent REALSHIELD if they make any appearances at all in the Avengers movie. Someone will probably say "Where's SHIELD?!" And it will cut to Olmos and Crew making a last stand on their boat as Ultron rips him a new one.

This leaves Coulson in charge again, with everyone treating Mac and Bobbi like poo poo for betraying them, except they're going to save all their lives in the second part, so then everyone hugs and makes up and deals with the fact that the world just went to poo poo, again. Coulson will probably say something about how since the team is needed more now than ever, all is forgiven.

Also, Cal gets mad, probably hurts people.

THAT'S NOT THE PLOT!!!

Seriously though, episode owned. I really like Cal, I wish someone would just come out and be like "Dude's been experimenting nonstop on himself for several decades." I feel like everyone involved would kind of go "OOOOOOOOOH okay yeah that makes sense" and they'd handle him better. :shrug:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Can Ward's casual doubletap be the new thread title? Can you make an animated gif a title?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah which is a shame. Would like to see some Hydra on Inhuman action

So would Ward

Spergatory posted:

Hate to break it to the people who like him but I'm pretty sure Lincoln is some sort of mole in the Inhumans organization (for whom, I don't know)...considering we got the scene where Gordon and Skye's mom asked each other how it was possible that someone knew about Ethan and abducted him, and she figured that there was some sort of mole, and Lincoln is the only other character they've developed besides those two and Skye who would know about Ethan going on that trip.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Potooweet posted:

His :smug: grin at the end was great.

That was some Lord Vetinari style poo poo. 'Never develop a mind control technique you cannot make yourself immune to'

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

bbf2 posted:

Hate to break it to the people who like him but I'm pretty sure Lincoln is some sort of mole in the Inhumans organization (for whom, I don't know)...considering we got the scene where Gordon and Skye's mom asked each other how it was possible that someone knew about Ethan and abducted him, and she figured that there was some sort of mole, and Lincoln is the only other character they've developed besides those two and Skye who would know about Ethan going on that trip.

I thought Hydra had some fancy tech that is tracking Gordon's BAMFs. There's a scene right before they jet off. My money is on CW guy being a mole/ends up divulging Skye family details to the Elders which will kick off lots of Inhuman drama instead.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

CeeJee posted:

That was some Lord Vetinari style poo poo. 'Never develop a mind control technique you cannot make yourself immune to'

Alternately, with explicit orders to act like the Bakshi of old, he immediately started to gently caress everyone over, and wear a poo poo-eating grin while doing it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OB_Juan posted:

Alternately, with explicit orders to act like the Bakshi of old, he immediately started to gently caress everyone over, and wear a poo poo-eating grin while doing it.

I like this explanation.

It was an interesting "shuffle the deck" episode, and I don't look forward to being Cal back in Afterlife.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I like this explanation.

It was an interesting "shuffle the deck" episode, and I don't look forward to being Cal back in Afterlife.

Eventually Gordo's gonna make one snide comment too many and set Cal off on a rampage and I'll be damned if I might not be cheering him on.

The Inhumans at this point are getting about as bad as REALSHIELD. Skye's mom basically telling her "the humans aren't my concern" in response to Cal possibly going on a rage fueled murder bender is... probably not a great way to handle that situation.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Was no one else disappointed? After weeks of awesome buildup of tension and poo poo happening, this week felt like a wasted episode. We only have one more before Ultron and two more after that.

Almost nothing in this one actually happened. Sure, Muad'dad had a bunch of time with Skye, but even that felt really wasted. The fact that she got interrupted while trying to say the one important thing to him that needed to be said was just ridiculous.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

NowonSA posted:

Great move by Coulson there, time to unite against Hydra.

They totally left agent 33 behind to infiltrate and make contact without jeopardizing Coulson. His responses were just way too curt for Coulson.

Unless there was something in the preview to say otherwise, because I didn't watch it.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Bakshi actually getting to do things other than getting played for a fool was nice to see, his intimidating villain factor really took a nosedive after the 3rd or 4th time he was completely bamboozled.

Xtanstic posted:

I assumed he pieced it together from Raina's prophecy and was trying to get Skye to confirm it subtlety. Dude has an untrustworthy vibe about him.

Also he's been shown to suck at keeping secrets, it only took him a few hours to accidentally divulge that Raina was there.

Catching Age of Ultron tomorrow so next weeks episode will probably feel very nevermind!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Martout posted:

Bakshi actually getting to do things other than getting played for a fool was nice to see, his intimidating villain factor really took a nosedive after the 3rd or 4th time he was completely bamboozled.

Also he's been shown to suck at keeping secrets, it only took him a few hours to accidentally divulge that Raina was there.

Catching Age of Ultron tomorrow so next weeks episode will probably feel very nevermind!

:hf:

I love getting Marvel movies early. It feels like revenge for Dredd.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I feel bad for Agent 33, as soon as Ward hears about Skye he just abandons her.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BreakAtmo posted:

:hf:

I love getting Marvel movies early. It feels like revenge for Dredd.

Yeah the international release schedule for Marvel movies is kind of weird but I'm not hurting :)

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

After all, talking his way out of anything is the best part of his skill set.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The episode title was loving perfect. The Frenemy of My Enemy.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I was going to post my Bakshi picture again, but he's actually not loving up, yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keshik posted:

Was no one else disappointed? After weeks of awesome buildup of tension and poo poo happening, this week felt like a wasted episode. We only have one more before Ultron and two more after that.

No, this episode was great. The producers have already said this show is not going to have a big Ultron tie-in. So people expecting that are only building themselves up for disappointment. The Winter Soldier tie-in was kind of necessary since it dealt with the very concept of this show, Ultron much less so.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I might be blanking, but where did Cal end up after everything? I don't remember him getting either captured or transported out.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He charged at Gordon and got caught in his transport field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Ward definitely elevates the show, sorry, but it's true. I really hope he doesn't go to the magical place.

Facial acting was amazing all around this episode. Jemma's sassy disapproval face/tone is a close second to Dalton's murder face.

• Locked thread