Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Herv posted:

I am sure this is no longer valid, but you used to be able to log in with a valid account, then enter in the banned account's info into the URL and purchase a subscription to unlock the banned account.

I guess SOE had their internal team do the website. :downs:

I am still pretty clueless, but are the 5th anniversary quests be available? I want to snag some trakanon tail for my kunark alts.

Was that account things before the hack that caused them to shut down everything? A bunch of account security was added and improved after that.

I know the soe forums only check an account's validity when you log in. If you're cookied/tokened/whatevered, then you can keep posting just fine. I get the suspended message if I try to log in on my phone or a PC that's restarted since I was banned. But I'm still able to post just fine with this one that's been logged in and on since before I was banned.

5th anniversary things will be up sometime in the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Cool thanks, been meaning to snag them but was never playing during the anniv time-frame.

Yeah that account trick thing is probably long gone. You'll get him back.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So I decided to give 4 boxing a try since soling with my SK was a little slow. Now I'm killing in BoT at a pretty good clip with a bard, necro, and mage helping. Problem is I haven't gotten a single piece of defiant gear for anyone. Does it just not drop in BoT? I guess I'll pause at 65 and look for places with better gear drops. They're all pretty much in their /testbuff gear which I imagine will become a problem soon.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Roshen deleted all the talk about the bannings from the test update thread that caused the problem

As big a sign as you can get that they arent going to change their minds

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

quote:

Greetings *******,

This is Lead GM Emwon, and I'm emailing to inform you that after further review your EverQuest account has been un-banned.

Regards,
Lead GM Emwon
Customer Service Supervisor
Daybreak Game Company, LLC

:siren:Gigue:siren: if you havent already given away all that stuff hold on to it for me goon sire, until I figure out if its worth playing again after deleting all my characters. Reinstalling now to see if they left the stuff I bought in the SC on the character, if they did I might restart, should know by end of day

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 21, 2015

si
Apr 26, 2004
My PC is still buried under a mountain of furniture, so all is safe. Should be unburied/reassembled around the end of the week.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Si do you have an email I can reach you at? Dont have PMs here

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 21, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

:toot:

quote:

This is Lead GM Emwon, and I'm emailing to inform you that after further review your EverQuest account has been un-banned.
:toot:

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

:coolspot: They left the LON packs too :coolspot:

Are any of these loot cards worth any kronos? I will wait at least a week before selling them to make sure Im not moving hot merch

Mask of Nurga
Highland Cragslither Saddle
War Bear Saddle
Mastruq Bone Mask
Nihil Contract

I have to rebuild my whole crew except for the 85 SK I was doing prog on :argh:

si
Apr 26, 2004
I do, I would very much like to not post it on the forums here though, what do you have in mind if you can't PM?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I would still like one of those Flying Carpets from LDoN even though I found out recently that they are not even a flying mount. My main has Perfected Levitation, but that still seems really odd.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

si posted:

I do, I would very much like to not post it on the forums here though, what do you have in mind if you can't PM?

Just if you feel like setting up another temp pass for Gigue so I could grab some of the stuff back, Ive got 0 plat or bags

If you feel like it can email it to mortalzombat at yahoo dot com

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Wait you can fly in everquest now? Goddamn.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Looks like I still have the LoN packs, and 6 heroic characters. The HC I used on test still has the potions and crap, but who cares, it's on test.
I am curious to see what that 75k Retribution will become in his spell bar once it gets removed from the spell file.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Wait you can fly in everquest now? Goddamn.

"fly"

I think the dragon illusion gives some z-axis control, but flying in eq is levitating.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Still want my original levitate back. I liked the bobbing.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

Looks like I still have the LoN packs, and 6 heroic characters. The HC I used on test still has the potions and crap, but who cares, it's on test.
I am curious to see what that 75k Retribution will become in his spell bar once it gets removed from the spell file.

"fly"

I think the dragon illusion gives some z-axis control, but flying in eq is levitating.

That is what I meant - "levitating" mount would be more apt. My favourite mount in the game is Anizok's Steam escalator, which is 950 SC and I have one on my enchanter and one on my wizard. It doesn't bob up and down hardly at all, it stops quickly, and it leaves a steam trail so that people can follow you if you lose them. Highly recommended

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

That is what I meant - "levitating" mount would be more apt. My favourite mount in the game is Anizok's Steam escalator, which is 950 SC and I have one on my enchanter and one on my wizard. It doesn't bob up and down hardly at all, it stops quickly, and it leaves a steam trail so that people can follow you if you lose them. Highly recommended

There's another steamjet pack from the Mech Guardian anniversary event, the open world one in dragonscale hills.

The levitate bob is gone from eq :( probably cause of one of the exploits involving z-axis and lev.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

:a2m: :shrek:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

There's another steamjet pack from the Mech Guardian anniversary event, the open world one in dragonscale hills.

The levitate bob is gone from eq :( probably cause of one of the exploits involving z-axis and lev.

I actually did the final raid in Field of Scale with some guildmates so that myself and another enchanter could get Twincast Aura 3, and at the end I won a flying dragon-ish mount. I ended up never using it because the animation was buggered and, since I play only in 3rd-person, it was genuinely hurting my eyes the way that the wings twitched. It is No-Drop so I cannot give it away, and now I wish that I had let someone else have it (I did win the roll legitimately, in my defence). I just zoom around on my steam-powered jetpack and have a grand time.

I don't have much patience for anniversary events for some reason. I did the 16th event to get that fantastic Black Pearl aug, and I got a Power stone (not the colour that I wanted, to be honest) from one of the 14th (I think?) missions, but apart from that I can't be arsed.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Is the lack of raiding on Test due to a straight up lack of people or lack of people playing certain classes?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Hey Gigue I got everything back I think but cant keep my eye sopen aftr staying up so late, going to take a spee then wake up and move up

si
Apr 26, 2004

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Hey Gigue I got everything back I think but cant keep my eye sopen aftr staying up so late, going to take a spee then wake up and move up

No worries man, as I said, won't have a PC back until the end of the week either way. Let me know.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

FranktheBank posted:

Is the lack of raiding on Test due to a straight up lack of people or lack of people playing certain classes?

Both, but most recently its because they didn't get TDS for free, so they gave up.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The PoWar mission is mega easy. You can duo it fairly quickly. It's one of the fastest anni missions and gives one of the best rewards. Pretty worth it to run it a few times for the aug you want.

The Chapterhouse mission is pretty fun too :getin:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Both, but most recently its because they didn't get TDS for free, so they gave up.

Honestly, the best bet on test raiding would be for VAW to copy what mike does, with the additional poo poo that VAW uses. With somewhere around 30 accounts and ISboxer, almost every RoF and cotf raid is boxable by an insane clever person.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
So I'm pretty sure I know who Mike is now, and we are friends. Which is weird since you thought I was him, and my name is Mike too. We were guildmates on Fippy, and will be again on the new prog.
Weirdness, but he doesn't have an account here.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Jotto posted:

So I'm pretty sure I know who Mike is now, and we are friends. Which is weird since you thought I was him, and my name is Mike too. We were guildmates on Fippy, and will be again on the new prog.
Weirdness, but he doesn't have an account here.

Hahaha

Yeah, that's him. You can understand the confusion when you offer to buy a pile of far accounts, right?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah for sure, did you get unbanned? It looked like it from an earlier comment but not 100% clear.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Jotto posted:

Yeah for sure, did you get unbanned? It looked like it from an earlier comment but not 100% clear.

Yeah, I got my account back. Seems like an unban wave went out around midnight last night.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Gigue all done sent reply back to email if you havent seen it, thanks goonbro

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Yo Froakin, do you still play that character? If so, can I bum an Empty Bloodwine Flask off you? I don't want to pay 80k.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I might buy a few raid copies, to test out boxing and maybe get a small group going. I heard the healer merc was pretty good, but in raids are there a lack of clerics?

I was thinking War + Clr (just guessing they are uncommon) and maybe a bard or monk or wiz. I would like to be able to attempt a couple raids.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Do war sham and monk, or war cleric wiz. Bards are no good without DPS to support. and you have to really like boxing to play 4+ toons.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Am I right in thinking that the new progression server won't have the tutorial ? Progression 2.0 did, but with the instancing of the 1-10 zones on the new server then I'm guessing the tutorial will be gone.

I know on Fippy I was still wearing the odd piece of tutorial armor well in the 40s so its probably best if its gone.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

lol jetzor you were right, lisandra stayed banned and he is freaking out in general

What could he possibly have done to stay banned, I bought like 200 LON packs, 20 double faction pots, hero forge, full merc slots and potions of amnesia and kept them all after unbanning, he mustve went ape poo poo and bought tens of thousands of something

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

lol jetzor you were right, lisandra stayed banned and he is freaking out in general

What could he possibly have done to stay banned, I bought like 200 LON packs, 20 double faction pots, hero forge, full merc slots and potions of amnesia and kept them all after unbanning, he mustve went ape poo poo and bought tens of thousands of something

he has a pretty extensive reputation. hes flipping out on everquest's facebook page too

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Baconroll posted:

Am I right in thinking that the new progression server won't have the tutorial ? Progression 2.0 did, but with the instancing of the 1-10 zones on the new server then I'm guessing the tutorial will be gone.

I know on Fippy I was still wearing the odd piece of tutorial armor well in the 40s so its probably best if its gone.

Fippy didn't get tutorial during classic either.

Will be added later at like TSS or something, whenever it is considered "in era".

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

So the reason according to general didnt get unbanned is because he got almost two dozen free accounts and loaded 500 sc on all of them and bought 500 LON packs on each and then sent them all to his main

Theres like no level of deniability there, what a idiot

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Greed kills.*

*Accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Shoot for the moon, if you miss your accounts drift forever alone into the empty icy void of space.