Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

comes along bort posted:

Skip to 17:50 for anyone not interested in a lively discussion about funding Michigan roads.

I lasted about 20 seconds. Every single one of those people should be ashamed at their life choices that led them to that studio, jfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Unsurprising: Newt Gingrich still owes $4.6m from his 2012 campaign.

Surprising and hilarious and awesome: part of that debt is owed to Herman Cain.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Joementum posted:

Unsurprising: Newt Gingrich still owes $4.6m from his 2012 campaign.

Surprising and hilarious and awesome: part of that debt is owed to Herman Cain.

Is he living the life of a poor person then? Does he have a fridge?
Somehow I doubt his lifestyle has changed in any meaningful way even with all that debt.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Firebert posted:

Cuomo is also a massive piece of poo poo so he's got that going for him. Nothing like his father.

He's like a Democrat version of Mitt Romney in that regard.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Any idea if Scott Walkers plan to regulate legal immigration will make him go up or down in the polls because holy poo poo , what was he thinking

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pohl posted:

Is he living the life of a poor person then? Does he have a fridge?
Somehow I doubt his lifestyle has changed in any meaningful way even with all that debt.

Ha! Ha! You jest. The Newt Gingrich campaign may owe money, but Newt himself is not personally liable for that. In fact, I believe that Newt himself loaned the campaign money at one point, although naturally that was one of the first debts to be repaid.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Perry hopes 2016 will be the year, "voters look past what you say to what you've done". Smart strategy, for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CBYRKbL1Jg

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joementum posted:

Rick Perry hopes 2016 will be the year, "voters look past what you say to what you've done". Smart strategy, for him.

suspicious

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

Why did he credit Real Clear Politics for his military service? Wouldn't the Defense Department be a better source?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Any idea if Scott Walkers plan to regulate legal immigration will make him go up or down in the polls because holy poo poo , what was he thinking

he was thinking "making my base hate the other won me 3 elections in a blue state, lets make my base hate the other again"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's a pretty gross brietbart article talking about Walker's new position and refers to it as fighting back against "racial pandering" and a conscious plan by Democrats to change "demographics" by legal immigration, so at least its out in the open. Feel free to search for it if you want to gag.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

oddium posted:

MEMORY ERROR would probably work better

Marcus Roberto
Dec 30, 2004

by exmarx

Firebert posted:

Cuomo is also a massive piece of poo poo so he's got that going for him. Nothing like his father.

Like his father, he'll see the democratic nomination go to a Clinton, after being too afraid to even enter the race.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

:thurman: Amazing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm glad of it.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Hillary is shoring up the votes of special interest groups like a pro

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Super bummed they went with Hillary instead of Clinton.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Something tells me the girl holding the "Y" never got around to telling her parents she works at the Bunny Ranch.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 22, 2015

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Seething tells me the girl holding the "Y" never got around to telling her parents she works at the Bunny Ranch.

She is clearly just dining at the Y

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Spaceman Future! posted:

She is clearly just dining at the Y

Is this a euphemism for her servicing only female customers?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ErIog posted:

Is this a euphemism for her servicing only female customers?

What part of a womans body resembles a Y?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

no yes no no yes yes no no
yes yes no no yes no yes Y

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

The wishbone.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that's a clavicle and imo is probably the sexiest part on a woman

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Series DD Funding posted:

That article is from before the 2012 elections. I quickly found two investigations just off of that:
http://eqs.fec.gov/eqsdocsMUR/13044350366.pdf
http://eqs.fec.gov/eqsdocsMUR/13044350548.pdf
Criminal conviction: http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9ca6_story.html

Getting caught for illegal coordinating falls into the Duke Cunningham/Bob McDonnell variety of corruption. You've got to be a total moron for it to happen, given the near total impossibility of proving that a super PAC acted at the request of a candidate or his campaign. There's no meaningful segregation between a campaign and its super PACs if the people running the them don't want there to be.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Pandering to racist midwesterners?

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

Joementum posted:

I think that's actually legitimately a really good ad. Too long for TV I suppose, but if I didn't know anything about Rick Perry, I could imagine finding that convincing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Majestic posted:

I think that's actually legitimately a really good ad. Too long for TV I suppose, but if I didn't know anything about Rick Perry, I could imagine finding that convincing.

Yeah, I liked the music, the video editing quality and um... uh... er... I can't remember what the third thing I liked was. :doh:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Majestic posted:

It is a good ad. Personally I think Perry has a much better shot then say Walker. He has the pissing off liberals thing while also having a non poo poo recorded as governor (job growth and I'm pretty sure he hasn't bankrupted Texas). Also has energy cred by virtue of being from Texas. The whole forgetting the EPA is probably over blown.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

lamentable dustman posted:

It is a good ad. Personally I think Perry has a much better shot then say Walker. He has the pissing off liberals thing while also having a non poo poo recorded as governor (job growth and I'm pretty sure he hasn't bankrupted Texas). Also has energy cred by virtue of being from Texas. The whole forgetting the EPA is probably over blown.

What about the two felony charges he's facing?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/rick-perry-texas-grand-jury-investigation-public-integrity

Edit: Adding a newer article from two days ago on the matter.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/texas_legislature/article/Filings-fly-in-Rick-Perry-criminal-case-6211385.php

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 22, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
There's no way that anybody could vote Walker for president. He has the most loser face I've seen in my life. Governor, sure, but come on. He looks like the kind of guy Putin would pick on in school.

His loving eyes don't line up! He looks sickly!

Lemming fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 22, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

lamentable dustman posted:

It is a good ad, and I'm glad he kicked the pain killers. I don't like his politics at all, but I hope he is healthy and happy. He sounded good in these ads.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mooyashi posted:

that's a clavicle and imo is probably the sexiest part on a woman

I always preferred the harpsichord to the clavicle

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Lemming posted:

There's no way that anybody could vote Walker for president. He has the most loser face I've seen in my life. Governor, sure, but come on. He looks like the kind of guy Putin would pick on in school.

looking dumb doesn't bar you from presidency, but i'd like to start affecting that

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Lemming posted:

I actually think that the no degree thing will be a bigger issue than people think. I know people want someone they could have a beer with, but I think most folks also want someone with more education than high school. I could be wrong, but I do think that deep down, even people on the far right want an educated person in the White House.

Edit:

mooyashi posted:

looking dumb doesn't bar you from presidency, but i'd like to start affecting that

What if you look dumb and actually are dumb?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

AhhYes posted:

I could be wrong, but I do think that deep down, even people on the far right want an educated person in the White House.

You'd be wrong, that the Koch brothers have thrown their support behind Walker proves you wrong.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Marcus Roberto posted:

Like his father, he'll see the democratic nomination go to a Clinton, after being too afraid to even enter the race.

:iceburn:

The difference is that Mario Cuomo could have had a real shot at winning the nomination. He had a tough budget dispute with the state legislature that he believed was a barrier to him and the Presidency, but when he told his advisers he was considering running for Prez in 1991, he effectively froze the field in place. Andrew Cuomo never had a shot in hell, even if Clinton wasn't running. He was lucky he didn't have a legitimate opposition candidate in his most recent primary contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Fulchrum posted:

• Locked thread