Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Kavak posted:

Okay, why is it strapped to her inner thigh?

I'm told that if one is wearing a dress, there aren't a lot of great places to hide it. If they are wearing a skirt or something belted, they can clip it back there. If not, there's a garter thing you use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
I don't know why anyone would think it was a sex toy. It's not like the camera is the only thing looking at her and when it's pointed away she's suddenly alone; there must be dozens of crew and staff around. Why would she sit there playing with a strapon in the middle of the office?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Tibor posted:

I don't know why anyone would think it was a sex toy. It's not like the camera is the only thing looking at her and when it's pointed away she's suddenly alone; there must be dozens of crew and staff around. Why would she sit there playing with a strapon in the middle of the office?

Wishful thinking, probably.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Josef bugman posted:

Its only a short step between this and naming everything in a manner that 13 year olds would consider "A bit much".

I told you one of them was ICP themed, right?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Tibor posted:

To be fair, I thought it was a gun

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

This reminds of when Safeway used to sell their store brand grape soda. It had a little thing on it that said "Kid Approved!"

When you tore open the package so you could fridge pack it, it would tear off the the G, resulting in RAPE SODA Kid Approved!

They changed that packaging after like two solid years and I always wondered if anyone at corporate noticed.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

There's no way this one is unintentional.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Platypus knows what's up.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
One that popped up on my news feed:

Yarmouth dogs take owner's car for joyride outside animal hospital

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Regalingualius posted:

If they backed out on the deal at the last minute, would there be zero Fucks given?

FUCKS NOT GIVEN

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

a kitten posted:

Platypus knows what's up.

EATS A WORM FOR LUNCH. I can't breathe

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think someone was on their last week.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

KillHour posted:

:stare:

We're literally Naziesque supervillians, aren't we?

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
The NRO has a lot of funny/nerdy patches.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

There could be a whole thread about these, Jesus.

"High Above"

"Beware our Sting" Google translate: "Our Mortgage Bites." Yeah, so does mine. :haw:

"We Own the Sky"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, that last one is bullshit. Odin didn't have an axe, he had a spear. It was important enough that it had a name, Gungnir.

I can understand if they haven't seen any Wagner or read the Norse Eddas, but you can't tell me none of those dorks has played a Final Fantasy game.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

KillHour posted:

There could be a whole thread about these, Jesus.

"Beware our Sting" Google translate: "Our Mortgage Bites." Yeah, so does mine. :haw:

Who creates the mottos for these things? 'Cave spiculum nostrum', the first thing that I could string together, is clumsy at best, but 'Caveo noster morsus' is bizarre gibberish.

I also want to know who was responsible for this lady:

Because she seriously makes me wonder if all these satellites are being controlled by dice rolls.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Who creates the mottos for these things? 'Cave spiculum nostrum', the first thing that I could string together, is clumsy at best, but 'Caveo noster morsus' is bizarre gibberish.

I also want to know who was responsible for this lady:

Because she seriously makes me wonder if all these satellites are being controlled by dice rolls.

Someone who doesn't know anything about Latin. Most of the ones on that page I could barely get the basic gist of with the help of Google.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough
At least they didn't have it carved in stone and embedded into the wall of a public building.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782467/Motto-engraved-library-gets-lost-translation.html

The Daily Mail posted:

Moorestown architect Rick Ragan told the Burlington County Times he learned of the problem from residents who translated it online - who also came up with a wrong answer.

In fact, the Google translate software also fluffed the translation of the words, which do not mean anything in that form because they ignore the rules of Latin grammar.

But they did pick up on the fact that the word the authorities thought meant 'check' could also mean 'guess'.

Ragan says he'll pay a stone cutter to change the phrase to something that means 'We encourage all.'

He'll also have the Roman numerals fixed to reflect the proper year.

KillHour posted:

:stare:

We're literally Naziesque supervillians, aren't we?

Hans...are we the baddies?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Is the logo supposed to look like an iPad?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Carnival of Shrews posted:

At least they didn't have it carved in stone and embedded into the wall of a public building.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782467/Motto-engraved-library-gets-lost-translation.html

Ignoring the wrong Latin, is that supposed to be an iPad?

Also, double ironic because (for anyone who didn't follow the link) it's supposed to say We Confirm All Things Twice

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, Google Translate is particularly bad with Latin, but I suppose it's not really the most pressing issue for them to address, Latin's not exactly taking off again any time soon.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The devil you know
Says the people that launch recon satellites.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Patch chat:

This one can be yours if you're ready to outbid $82

Guess it had something to do with the Daily Show.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRO-Patch-N...=item1c517e475e

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Snowy posted:

Patch chat:

This one can be yours if you're ready to outbid $82

Guess it had something to do with the Daily Show.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRO-Patch-N...=item1c517e475e

quote:

The is a spoof of the original NRO L-39 patch based on the John Stewart's clip on The Daily Show. The patch was produced by personnel associated with this program and is one of only 240 produced from the original production run.

The NRO made more patches of the parody. :911:

It'll be interesting to see how Trevor Paglen explains it if he ever issues a updated edition of "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Estrago Bonito posted:

This reminds of when Safeway used to sell their store brand grape soda. It had a little thing on it that said "Kid Approved!"

When you tore open the package so you could fridge pack it, it would tear off the the G, resulting in RAPE SODA Kid Approved!

They changed that packaging after like two solid years and I always wondered if anyone at corporate noticed.

I imagine that boardroom meeting went something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjk0_2IwdOE

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

Courtesy of the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32411621

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bad dog! Bad!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Looks guilty as hell.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I imagine that boardroom meeting went something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjk0_2IwdOE

1st thing I thought of as well. Not a big "Whitest Kids U Know" fan, but that is absolute genius.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Two of my colleagues were late in today because of this incident. Manager refused to believe them (they have a history of blaming non-existent traffic incidents for lateness) until a higher up boss wandered in cursing all farmdogs and tractors.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
The dog's in the passenger seat. Looks like the guilty party ditched and left the dog to take the blame. It was probably a cat. :cabot:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

from the article
"Police investigating, so far no leads"
:haw:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey posted:

The dog's in the passenger seat. Looks like the guilty party ditched and left the dog to take the blame. It was probably a cat. :cabot:

A cat conspiracy whose mastermind sits in the highest echelons of government.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've always been partial to

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love everything about that Wikipedia article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This is truly a great article.