Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Now call the wrecker and watch as the drive shaft shears off.

Then call the backup wrecker to remove that wrecker.

Oh I've seen it happen. Such is the course of army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

psydude posted:

Now call the wrecker and watch as the drive shaft shears off.

Then call the backup wrecker to remove that wrecker.

I remember hearing radio traffic when I was in Haiti that a wrecker got stuck, then the backup wrecker got stuck, they were calling up the third and last US wrecker on the island. I don't know what happened since I ended up finishing up my guard shift but man was that hilarious.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I am king of stuck truck. For reference, the ginger wasn't driving. He got left with me when my driver took off in his truck to go get the tow straps. Because, obviously, we didn't bring any out here.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I watched a 20 ton dump truck sink into 3 feet of moon dust mud because our battalion insisted that earthmoving was possible in the rain. I then watched two separate wreckers get stuck trying to pull it out.

The best part was watching the Joe driving the dump truck hop out and immediately end up waist deep in mud. He had to be pulled out by his buddies.

Good times.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I never once broke track on my Bradley. Another idiot driver hosed up his brad somehow so they took ours for a patrol one day. 5 feet out the gate he broke my loving track.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Been awhile since I've posted this one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i never broke down in my m997

i flipped it once or twice, and tore more cv boots than anyones business, but the bitch always ran

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry you can just drive on the road wheels :pseudo:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Nothing better to do right now than try and tan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Don't worry you can just drive on the road wheels :pseudo:

Which already have broken caps anyways because the manufacturer didn't think the vibration of driving on a tank trail would break the plastic. Oil everywhere, spent most of that day deadlined in the field.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
That one time I rolled over my MRAP. We were going the wrong way (as you did in Mosul to avoid traffic) and an Iraqi going the right way watched my lead vehicle go by, with siren blazing, and then did a blind u-turn right in front of me. My driver was 5'3" and couldn't see it coming, jerked the wheel and rolled us over. I helpfully warned everyone what was about to happen by declaiming "OOOOOH, FUUUUUUUCK!" My gunner dropped his rear end down the hatch based on that and managed to not decapitate himself.

The Iraqi car looked like this. I was going to call for extraction equipment, but before I could even start 20 screaming Iraqis with impromptu crow bars pried the driver out of there, threw him on a backboard I offered up to the cause, and drove him to a hospital.

I was on a QRF call when this happened. Someone else had to do the QRF, and yet a third patrol come help recover my vehicle. Not my best day.

The Slithery D fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 21, 2015

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Haha holy gently caress his door is hooked on your front bumper. You straight up monster-trucked that guy.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Pro tip: that's also a good way to clean all the dust out from behind your radio mounts and other hard to reach crevices. I thought we were on fire for a couple of seconds.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

You straight up monster-trucked that guy.

good job.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The Slithery D posted:

Pro tip: that's also a good way to clean all the dust out from behind your radio mounts and other hard to reach crevices. I thought we were on fire for a couple of seconds.

I thought we were hit when all the dust kicked up like that when an RPG skimmed off our Humvee hood and exploded a couple meters away, along with the IED they set off at the same time.

I was pretty sure everyone else died except me. Luckily not.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Fire suppression in a M1151 went off on the eastern afghanistan 8' wide switchbacks and I was like fuuuuuuuuuuck :( til we figured out what it was

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011
My nations military is full of idiots, but its usually mechanics and cooks. Working with the US army has made me appreciate them more, I can't wait till this BS training is done and I can go back to home and question ilegal immigrants about ISIS! Who I pissed off to get this GOODWLL CROSS EDUCATION WITH AMERICA Idk man.

Intel is supposed to be intelligent people wtf

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

Helping with land nav training today my driver and I got a little lost, which is understandable since the dumb gently caress E6 in charge didn't even give us maps. Anyway, here's my current situation.

Thought we could make it through a couple inches of standing water, turns out we couldn't.

Oh, hey, a CROWS II. They ever fix the issue where the thing would break itself and report blockages and servo problems? Mine did that on '09.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pesticide20 posted:

Helping with land nav training today my driver and I got a little lost, which is understandable since the dumb gently caress E6 in charge didn't even give us maps. Anyway, here's my current situation.

Thought we could make it through a couple inches of standing water, turns out we couldn't.

82nd.txt

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Oh, hey, a CROWS II. They ever fix the issue where the thing would break itself and report blockages and servo problems? Mine did that on '09.

I honestly don't know, I've never been trained on the CROWS despite being in heavy weapons for four years and two units. When I was a gunner I was in an open turret on the Mk19.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

MegaJoe89 posted:

So when do you ship out

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MegaJoe89 posted:

lol

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MegaJoe89 posted:

if you really believe this then i recommend you go intel.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Cole posted:

to get in one needs to meet the minimum of a card collection that shames all other card collections in a 50 mile radius

you get to decide which card, though. could be yu gi oh, pokemon, or some other thing.

this requirment also applies to commo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I believe the man children's card game of choice is magic the gathering

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
trap sprung

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Cole posted:

I am from another country here on a GOODWILL TRAINING MISSION,I am an Intel analyst in my country. I go home next week, I am confident these people with high level clearance could be bribed with World of Warcraft and Hentai. Its kind of sad really....the navy VBSS guys are much cooler and much much much less retarded
But I swear if people keep asking me about pasta and I'm going to scream. And no were not offended by Mario and Luigi gently caress!
That and the folks at DLI when I went for a course 4 years ago, they were mostly okay.

son gay. so what fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 22, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Retarded Americans get even more retarded when a foreign person comes around and all they know about that country is vague cultural references and dumb stereotypes. Add to that even dumber army people, even worse are the dorks in intel.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

Retarded Americans get even more retarded when a foreign person comes around and all they know about that country is vague cultural references and dumb stereotypes.

This is the fuckin' truth.

Cue Texans proclaiming how Texas is bigger than your home country no matter what country you are from.

No, fuckhead, 13 Texas' fit in my home country, look at loving globe for gently caress's sake.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

not caring here posted:

This is the fuckin' truth.

Cue Texans proclaiming how Texas is bigger than your home country no matter what country you are from.

No, fuckhead, 13 Texas' fit in my home country, look at loving globe for gently caress's sake.

are you from china

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
No, I have sisters.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Mike-o posted:

Retarded Americans get even more retarded when a foreign person comes around and all they know about that country is vague cultural references and dumb stereotypes. Add to that even dumber army people, even worse are the dorks in intel.

Lol an American First Lieutenant took us to the Olive Garden, it was not a garden of olives nor was it Italian food. I appreciated the thought and everything and the wine wasn't horrible. I think she just wants in my pants but i feel as if my commander would frown upon THAT goodwill mission.I now know why some of my uncles moved to the U.S.! To be fair a lot of Italian women like foreigners too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When in Rome, eh?

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
When I was in Italy the only good place I ate at was some fried chicken restaurant outside of Venice.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I used to get a lot of Australian military coming through my course. My students would always take them out to the outback steakhouse

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

faddypaddy posted:

When I was in Italy the only good place I ate at was some fried chicken restaurant outside of Venice.

Venice sucks. Honestly anywhere the place is overrun with tourists is going to be either subpar or horribly expensive. Or both usually. And the really good places no one will tell you about because they're afraid it will become overrun with tourists. most of the taxi drivers are bribed by lovely tourist restraunts to bring them to their lovely restraunt. Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself :( it also depends what kind of food you like really I guess, were you stationed in Italy? I know a good deal of Americans and it always seems like they get screwed over and when I was living near Vincenza I tried to help them find cheap residences and food because the locals love boning Americans over and pulling the "I don't speak English" but they do.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
I was just visiting. Yes Venice itself sucked that fried chicken place kicked rear end though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MegaJoe89 posted:

Venice sucks. Honestly anywhere the place is overrun with tourists is going to be either subpar or horribly expensive. Or both usually. And the really good places no one will tell you about because they're afraid it will become overrun with tourists. most of the taxi drivers are bribed by lovely tourist restraunts to bring them to their lovely restraunt. Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself :( it also depends what kind of food you like really I guess, were you stationed in Italy? I know a good deal of Americans and it always seems like they get screwed over and when I was living near Vincenza I tried to help them find cheap residences and food because the locals love boning Americans over and pulling the "I don't speak English" but they do.

Worst restaurant food I ever had was in Rome. Lot of nice-looking places that serve you 30 dollar balls of hair.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

faddypaddy posted:

That's really sad actually. I ate three or four of the five best meals I've had in my life during two weeks in Italy.

e: christ, even street food like paninis and seafood sandwiches is pretty great. You can't throw a stick without hitting some market or cafe with fresh pizza and bread and cold cuts and coffee and poo poo. I can see you getting a few duds because Rome and Venice are packed with horrible tourist traps but still.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

MegaJoe89 posted:

Lol an American First Lieutenant took us to the Olive Garden, it was not a garden of olives nor was it Italian food. I appreciated the thought and everything and the wine wasn't horrible. I think she just wants in my pants but i feel as if my commander would frown upon THAT goodwill mission.I now know why some of my uncles moved to the U.S.! To be fair a lot of Italian women like foreigners too.

Please bone that LT, especially if you are not an officer yourself.

• Locked thread