Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

yessssssssssssssss

E: on the same vein, there are 12k people watching dyrus play in silence, I don't really get the appeal of watching him play.

I tuned in for a short time and just saw him playing CS:GO with "Dont Camp Top" as his screenname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

henkman posted:

I refuse to say it

henkman posted:

Kiwikid is the #2 support in NA

Huh weird.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

henkman posted:

I refuse to say it

Same. Lust boy is good but he's no kiwi kid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

Who?

who says this

Faker, rabidsquid, DanDy, Pawn, Keven, MonteCristo. Basically all of the important people in esports

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Those people dumb, and bad, now

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Speaking of Kiwikid did those people who toxx'd that Dig would finish 10th get banned or what?

These are some really bad dives from the Brazilian team.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 22, 2015

book
Nov 29, 2014
What's up with FocusMe's AD and weird picks? First Ez and now, Urgot.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

book posted:

What's up with FocusMe's AD and weird picks? First Ez and now, Urgot.

Urgot is a legit ADC pick these days. Ez is absolute garbage though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ezreal is a Bad Champion

book
Nov 29, 2014
Just used to seeing it in mid I guess. That and I have no idea how DFM was going to siege any towers with that comp either.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Same. Lust boy is good but he's no kiwi kid.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Kikis AMA highlights:

He wants to run a Protect the Jungle Yi comp, He was hoping to drag it out during Fnatic but thought that it'd be to many resources put into the jungle.

His favorite champ to play is Nidalee

He finds Jungle Amumu to be a favorite too.

Thoughts on Diamondprox

quote:

He is inconsistent and seems to not keep up with knowledge/intuition in the game to the rest of great junglers. So when he is at top of his game, he is a really amazing player, but if he's not then that's not enough to be a top tier team.

And a new Countdown of MonteCristo shows up tonight. He limited himself to 5 series of 5 games...

Calax fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 22, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Leviathan is released from Gambit.

quote:

We decided to terminate our contract with Jordan "Leviathan" Thwaites after our disappointing performance in the playoffs. The results and more importantly the development of our team over the course of the Spring split are overall unsatisfactory.
We believe that Jordan had a successful start as a Head Coach of our team, but in the past couple of months he lost his interest and was dedicating more and more time to his image in social networks, instead of working with our team.

quote:

@LeviathanLoL

2015-04-22 08:45 UTC

one of the reasons you I lost motivation was the constant flaming some players on the team did to me both personal and professional

@LeviathanLoL

2015-04-22 08:45 UTC

its hard to stay motivated when you've grown to extremely dislike the people you're trying to help

:ohdear:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I watched the Wildcard vods thinking "oh this can't be that bad, there's been so much growth in these scenes over the last year!"

:staredog: I was dead wrong.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ohoho, shiiit.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rip Gambit

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Sounds like both sides were pretty unprofessional in this one.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's probably one of the most annoying thing about any staff or roster changes. Everyone involved will instantly jump to Social Media to try and get the public on their side instead of keeping any kind of drama private.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
It's really hard to tell what influence a coach has beyond pick and ban, but I think Gambit's p/b was pretty decent with Leviathan.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

It's really hard to tell what influence a coach has beyond pick and ban, but I think Gambit's p/b was pretty decent with Leviathan.

The Quarterfinals were pretty bad on the P/B. They ran the same comp into two very different comps, p1noy was terrible at Urgot but kept getting it picked for him, and Nidalee and RekSai were the only two junglers for Diamond to pop out. Also Hylissang's Morgana wasn't banned until the last game, instead favoring an Annie ban.

Leviathan to CLG?

fnox
May 19, 2013

that's a super unprofessional post from Gambit

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Calax posted:

The Quarterfinals were pretty bad on the P/B. They ran the same comp into two very different comps, p1noy was terrible at Urgot but kept getting it picked for him, and Nidalee and RekSai were the only two junglers for Diamond to pop out. Also Hylissang's Morgana wasn't banned until the last game, instead favoring an Annie ban.

Leviathan to CLG?

That's a fair assessment, I honestly didn't watch most of those games. I do remember that they really should have banned Morg.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
When you fire someone just say they weren't a good fit and wish them well, why do lol teams keep calling ex members idiot megafuckers in their press releases.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

When you fire someone just say they weren't a good fit and wish them well, why do lol teams keep calling ex members idiot megafuckers in their press releases.

Pre-empting the shots the other guy will inevitably fire.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Still, it just makes you seem like a dick and them justified for firing those shots rather than them just being a big baby.

That said, the other LoL drama from last night was that one of the folks from the Daily Dot got himself and all of his content indefinately banned from the League subreddit.

And previously there was apparently a cabal of video creators from youtube that would bully and cheat to keep only their videos on the front page of the League sub, and when this was revealed they began to drop subscribers like crazy. I poo poo you not, that was a thing for two days.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Calax posted:

Still, it just makes you seem like a dick and them justified for firing those shots rather than them just being a big baby.

That said, the other LoL drama from last night was that one of the folks from the Daily Dot got himself and all of his content indefinately banned from the League subreddit.

And previously there was apparently a cabal of video creators from youtube that would bully and cheat to keep only their videos on the front page of the League sub, and when this was revealed they began to drop subscribers like crazy. I poo poo you not, that was a thing for two days.

I was a moderator on a gaming site for awhile, a site that was at most moderately large in the scheme of things but which had an extremely active community. I'm no expert, but I have a fair amount of experience in this stuff, and I think that the subreddit moderators are acting pretty ridiculously. And also making a number of, I guess you would call them rookie mistakes?

I just don't really understand what they think they're going to accomplish. They're acting like the subreddit isn't as enormously influential as it is. /r/lol is basically the gatekeeper for all LoL-related content, it makes no sense to ban League content from the subreddit as opposed to just letting the community vote on it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

I was a moderator on a gaming site for awhile, a site that was at most moderately large in the scheme of things but which had an extremely active community. I'm no expert, but I have a fair amount of experience in this stuff, and I think that the subreddit moderators are acting pretty ridiculously. And also making a number of, I guess you would call them rookie mistakes?

I just don't really understand what they think they're going to accomplish. They're acting like the subreddit isn't as enormously influential as it is. /r/lol is basically the gatekeeper for all LoL-related content, it makes no sense to ban League content from the subreddit as opposed to just letting the community vote on it.

The problem, as far as I can tell (having read like 3 posts about it) is that he's trying to influence the voting, instead of letting it happen naturally. Reddit has like 5 rules but "no vote stuffing or monopolizing" is one of them :shrug:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

The problem, as far as I can tell (having read like 3 posts about it) is that he's trying to influence the voting, instead of letting it happen naturally. Reddit has like 5 rules but "no vote stuffing or monopolizing" is one of them :shrug:

I think the issue is that you can't succeed without /r/lol, and his stuff was getting shadow-banned by the mods. So what else can he do besides talk about it?

Edit: Also they obviously really didn't like this http://www.dailydot.com/esports/reddit-moderators-riot-games-league-of-legends-nda/

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

And the points the tweets that they pulled out basically are pushing for his fanbase to go troll somebody who doesn't like his work.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Sexpansion posted:

I think the issue is that you can't succeed without /r/lol, and his stuff was getting shadow-banned by the mods. So what else can he do besides talk about it?

Edit: Also they obviously really didn't like this http://www.dailydot.com/esports/reddit-moderators-riot-games-league-of-legends-nda/

Maybe I'm missing the point of Reddit, but I don't really get what supposed evil is being exposed here. Are NDAs supposed to be an evil in and of themselves?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

Ok, I'm kind of wary of getting in to this discussion, because who really gives a gently caress about reddit, but my understanding is that his content has only just started to be banned today, right? That "shadow" ban was only to his personal account, not his articles, yes? If so, maybe he shouldn't have gotten banned in the first place?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

Ok, I'm kind of wary of getting in to this discussion, because who really gives a gently caress about reddit, but my understanding is that his content has only just started to be banned today, right? That "shadow" ban was only to his personal account, not his articles, yes? If so, maybe he shouldn't have gotten banned in the first place?

No, his content has been shadow-banned for quite awhile now. In fact, anything from the dailydot was getting auto-deleted for awhile.

Edit: I have no horse in this race, I don't really care, I'm just saying that I think the moderators are not doing a great job.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Wol posted:

Maybe I'm missing the point of Reddit, but I don't really get what supposed evil is being exposed here. Are NDAs supposed to be an evil in and of themselves?

I agree. it's not that big of a deal, I don't think there's anything wrong with the moderators having an NDA with Riot or getting swag or whatever; I just think that article really pissed them off.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BKT's team comp looks really loving awful to me. Once Zhonya's/QSS get built Zed does 0 damage, leaving.....Lucian and Shen. Lol.

Sexpansion posted:

No, his content has been shadow-banned for quite awhile now. In fact, anything from the dailydot was getting auto-deleted for awhile.

Edit: I have no horse in this race, I don't really care, I'm just saying that I think the moderators are not doing a great job.

I agree that the mods aren't doing a great job (especially not in the way they communicate, that NDA thing is a big example), but I think you're mistaken about this. A search for daily dot articles finds a bunch, a couple even written by Lewis. I don't really pay much attention to this though, so it might have happened further back.

This entire "event" strikes me as a load of noise of nothing, as most forum drama is.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

BKT's team comp looks really loving awful to me. Once Zhonya's/QSS get built Zed does 0 damage, leaving.....Lucian and Shen. Lol.

Can the excellence of their Nunu make up for the bad Zed and Shen picks? We'll have to see.

Edit: Haha the manner sword of the occult, I love it. BKT does seem like the best team in this tournament so far.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 22, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If you want to make money producing League of Legends content, you have to know the people on the mod team of /r/leagueoflegends. Unknown creator content won't get organically upvoted even if it is good, and trying to influence the upvoting in any way is detected very easily by reddit and gets your whole website banned. /r/leagueoflegends sends something like 90% of traffic to most major league of legends sites. Most young teenagers who consume a lot of the league related content pretty much only read the sub-reddit and just source stuff from there. I've been reading reddit for years but I feel like I enjoy it less and less every year. It still has the trappings of a democratic site but it's all behind a very heavily mod-gated cartel control of content.

WRT Leviathan, I'm legitimately loving pissed at Gambit because he was like the one thing that got them to get their poo poo together this season and put them together a playoff run when they honestly had no business being it given the state of their team. That they decided to spend most of the recent time flaming him while he was trying to help them seems absurd. They are just basically never motivated as a team anymore unless they make 2 or 3 roster changes a year to bring in newer hungrier players. The whole environment seems lovely.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

All DFM had to do to win that game was not lose for 40 minutes and they couldn't even manage that :psyduck:

E: Haha wtf, they show a replay just to highlight DFM's adc not getting a kill?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

WRT Leviathan, I'm legitimately loving pissed at Gambit because he was like the one thing that got them to get their poo poo together this season and put them together a playoff run when they honestly had no business being it given the state of their team. That they decided to spend most of the recent time flaming him while he was trying to help them seems absurd. They are just basically never motivated as a team anymore unless they make 2 or 3 roster changes a year to bring in newer hungrier players. The whole environment seems lovely.

Additionally, really the only time that Elements was not garbage was when he was their coach.

Then they got rid of him (for somebody who had never played or coached league professionally), and they sucked. And then they got Nyph. And they sucked.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I watched most of GPL this season and the thing about the Bangkok Titans is they're bad but they're also crazy and sometimes sheer willingness to commit to something makes you win games when your opponents are just trudging along with whatever milquetoast poo poo they've been playing all patch.

Edit: Also, Leviathan not having a job right now is loving surreal. In tyool 2015, when you see Top 3 Team H2K sitting beside you reiterating "yeah seriously our coach is the entire reason we're not garbage" every week, how do you be so prideful as to act like a fucker to your coach to the point where he doesn't even want to talk to you any more? I'm not buying the "pro gamers are literal children" excuse that always gets tossed around in this thread. 17 is old enough to take responsibility for the consequences of your god drat actions. I guess Gambit can languish in the pits of poo poo next split. As team infrastructure becomes more and more important, life skills like "not making GBS threads on the people who are actively right now helping you be successful" become more important as well. We're already seeing it with Elements. If Gambit must become another example, so be it. I just hope Leviathan finds another coaching gig with a team who deserves him.

Wol fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Additionally, really the only time that Elements was not garbage was when he was their coach.

Then they got rid of him (for somebody who had never played or coached league professionally), and they sucked. And then they got Nyph. And they sucked.
~drama bomb~

had to read it twice to understand what he was saying but in defense of leviathan almost all of GMB have looked lovely this split with the sole burning star being Cabochard.

• Locked thread