Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Phyresis posted:

don't bring a Wraithknight

Boon I forgot that you use the suncannon + shield loadout for Wraithknight, that should be fine. It's not a D weapon so if anyone cries about it you can tell them to stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Totally bringing a Tantalus if I ever get around to putting it together and painting it. Sidenote, that thing sucks to fit together.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Just need the Swooping Hawk Exarch to fly high on t1, drop next to my commander and kill him with a vortex grenade on t2 for the scenario to be complete

If you didn't field a Vortex Detonator, you deserved to die.

(See also: Not buying Immunisation Squig when playing Orks.)

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm excited to see what ridiculous poo poo they do with a "proper" "insane" 7th edition Chaos Codex, whenever that happens. Beardy or not, it was fun that Chaos could do so much crazy poo poo and have gobstoppingly powerful characters murdering peeps to the laughter of thirsting gods. Narrative: built.

SRM posted:

It's 2nd edition all over again!

No flamer templates for deathspinners, myth busted.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm excited to see what ridiculous poo poo they do with a "proper" "insane" 7th edition Chaos Codex, whenever that happens.

Haaaahahaha yeah right.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm excited to see what ridiculous poo poo they do with a "proper" "insane" 7th edition Chaos Codex, whenever that happens.

It will never happen, not unless CSM is the next codex released, even then they will suffer due to the over all bias on shooting this edition.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Mutilators are 100 points each and they have a single S7 powerfist (It rerolls armor pen vs buildings only) or a pair of S5 AP5 weapons. For 10ppm, they can cause the enemy to reroll fear tests. Formation bonus allows three squads to bunch up into one, but they have to deep strike and scatter 3D6".

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
so basically stay away from eldar

too bad space marines don't have much >24" shooting

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

so basically stay away from eldar

too bad space marines don't have much >24" shooting

Luckily Space Marines are coming out soon so that will be fixed real quick like.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No what will happen is this :

GW Designer " We made the Eldar Codex to powerful"

Other GW Designers " Oh people don't like powerful codexes let's tone down the next one"

Releases Chaos Space Marine Codex

Cause that's how they loving think and design poo poo

Edit:

Also the Eldar codex is crazy good even without the D-Weapons, if they'd just left them at ST10, it'd still be crazy good.

Wraithguard moving 12" a turn and then shooting you from the Wraith Formation, BS5 Fire Dragons deep striking in Falcons, disembarking 12" out of a vehicle and shooting you.

Crazy poo poo.

That Warhost bonus of always moving 6" on a run and everything having Battle Focus turns things into Semi Beasts.

Warp Spiders with that formation and the Warhost

Movement Phase - Move 6 + 2D6
Shooting - Move 6 "
Assault - Move 2D6"

Get to Move again in your Shooting phase if you target them.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 22, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Hollismason posted:

No what will happen is this :

GW Designer " We made the Eldar Codex to powerful"

Other GW Designers " Oh people don't like powerful codexes let's tone down the next one"

Releases Chaos Space Marine Codex

Cause that's how they loving think and design poo poo

Edit:

Also the Eldar codex is crazy good even without the D-Weapons, if they'd just left them at ST10, it'd still be crazy good.

Wraithguard moving 12" a turn and then shooting you from the Wraith Formation, BS5 Fire Dragons deep striking in Falcons, disembarking 12" out of a vehicle and shooting you.

Crazy poo poo.

That Warhost bonus of always moving 6" on a run and everything having Battle Focus turns things into Semi Beasts.

Yeah I think this is probably a reaction to people using the word "bland" so much in 2014.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hollismason posted:

Wraithguard moving 12" a turn and then shooting you from the Wraith Formation

Only a Spiritseer and Wraithlord tax? Sign me up!

Hollismason posted:

BS5 Fire Dragons deep striking in Falcons

Over 700 points minimum for this poo poo? And the Falcons have to Deep Strike within 4" of each other? Sign me up!

Hollismason posted:

Those Semi Beasts Guardians, gonna get you with their 12" range peashooters! pew pew!

Hollismason is dumb, news at 11

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Phyresis posted:

Only a Spiritseer and Wraithlord tax? Sign me up!

Over 700 points minimum for this poo poo? And the Falcons have to Deep Strike within 4" of each other? Sign me up!

Those Semi Beasts Guardians, gonna get you with their 12" range peashooters! pew pew!

Hollismason is dumb, news at 11

You are retarded.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 22, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Wraithknights are great and all but are Wraithlords really bad? They were the cheese schlong of 3rd edition, are they just doodoo now because of poison weapons and heavy weapons being in vogue?

Games Workshop is trying to sell you Substance D.

It kills from the wallet down. The brain is next.

Then, the juice.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

They aren't bad per se but they are slow and you have better things to spend points on. If you want bright lance fire support you can use War Walkers but they are pretty fragile

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Where are my HQ and Troops slot Riptides!? I want to run a non-unbound force consisting entirely of Zaku models.

I guess I could go Master Grade and do Knights, but I already have enough HG Zaku variants and similar suits, darnit.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Years ago I planned a Tau army using SD Gundams for Crisis suits. Never got around to purchasing it, kinda regret that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wraithlords are still kind of lovely. They are still terrible because they're a T8 creature with a 3+ save and no invulnerable.

They are exactly the same as the last codex except that Scatter lasers and Shuriken Cannons are both 15 points now instead of S. Cannon being 15 and Scatter Laser being 20.

Warlord Traits for Eldar are still super lovely except for the whole give D3 units scout.

gently caress Yeah, Split Fire!!

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 22, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
IMO the eldaer codex is perhaps too strong

imo

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

IMO the eldaer codex is perhaps too strong

imo

Mebee, mebee you is right.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Games Workshop is trying to sell you Substance D.

He who controls the D, controls the game. The D must flow.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zark the Damned posted:

Years ago I planned a Tau army using SD Gundams for Crisis suits. Never got around to purchasing it, kinda regret that.
I played against a Tau army at a tournament where every Crisis Suit was painted like a different Gundam. They might have also used Gundam model kit heads too, but I can't recall.

Also all his drones were painted like Haro :3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Would

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Texmo posted:

Hollismason you've made everyone real aware that you're gay, I'd think you of all people would be happy about getting the D.
Out of all the things you can make fun of Hollismason for, you choose the fact that he's gay? You idiot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Pretty sure the Eldar codex is a Result of the Make a Wish foundation because Phil Kelley's children are dying.

I dont got no proof tho :11tea:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Out of all the things you can make fun of Hollismason for, you choose the fact that he's gay? You idiot.

pretty hosed up tbh

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't think you get it. He's gay!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Eldar codex hosed my butt

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
And GW fucks ours. Whats your point?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
hosed in the butt by my butt with the Eldar Codex by Matt Ward

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Hollismason posted:

hosed in the butt by my butt with the Eldar Codex by Matt Ward

lived the dream

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Zark the Damned posted:

Use Balls. Reality Balls.

SRM posted:

I played against a Tau army at a tournament where every Crisis Suit was painted like a different Gundam. They might have also used Gundam model kit heads too, but I can't recall.

Also all his drones were painted like Haro :3:
That is the best. :3:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im not letting GW give me the D until they clean up their act and prove they love me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hollismason posted:

Eldar codex hosed my butt
Eldar weapons are basically alien buttplugs

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Moola posted:

im not letting GW give me the D until they clean up their act and prove they love me

TBQH they just want to have a serious talk over a few casual drinks at their place, you should hear them out IMO

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in the grim darkness of the wh40k thread there is only talking about people's sexualities

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Eldar once gave me the D and that's how I got 'Nids :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So if this is 2ed edition eldar, that means in a few years I'll have my 12" moving, 2+ 3++ re-rolling, D6+12 attack, S10 instant death, immune to D weapon, FNP, flying chaos deamon princes. For 200 points. Gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hollismason posted:

TBQH they just want to have a serious talk over a few casual drinks at their place, you should hear them out IMO

all I hear from them is TALK until they SHOW ME they're different I aint havin none of that son! *snaps fingers sassily*

• Locked thread