Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Combed Thunderclap posted:

This week's comic book cover contains some major spoilers.

i see what you did there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Combed Thunderclap posted:

This week's comic book cover contains some major spoilers.

Awww poo poo, in my previous comment, I mentioned thinking this, but I didn't actually think they'd kill the dude! Maybe she'll post-humously scratch him and he'll come back? Doesn't it work like that in some zombie movies?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ernie. posted:

Ryan Hansen was on the show!

I was watching with my Veronica Mars loving girlfriend and we both yelled "DICK!" at the same time.

I'm probably going to marry that girl.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This week's episode was all about Goons, and it was fabulous.

Also, wereterrier shoutout! :neckbeard:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This week's episode was pure gold. Loved it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy CRAP, things got interesting. Love interest part deux is so much more entertaining than Major. I hope they don't pull a "turn him into a zombie so there's actual competition" nonsense. Also, what's with detective shows pulling out the goons? Elementary did it too a week or so ago with their Everyone (Anonymous) based episode.

Also, kind of love that the CW has this show. It has to compete time slot wise with pretty heavy hitters, but CW has a hard time letting things go. That and CW has a good time getting licensing on interesting music and I dug Little May's "Hide" played at the end.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I think the show's slowly starting to shed the veronica mars comparison. It'll never be "more Veronica Mars", but it is such a damned fine entertaining way to spend an hour.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The less Veronica Mars it is the more I've liked it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sorry, but I hated this episode. The rotten brains thing made me gag, the game and computer stuff was all stupid stereotypes and it just didn't make sense. The Goonlord guy was literally a terrible criminal who did actual crimes involving high-security Federal stuff and nothing happened to him? It was idiotic. The whole computer plot was egregiously stupid even to my wife who isn't in the industry and knows nothing about MMORPGs.

Now I will say that all the character work remained strong, Major's "who's your buddy?" was a nice moment and Liv on anti-anxiety meds was a lot of fun. Also the return of Liv's mother! I forgot she was alive, didn't you?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If you're going to nitpick everything, technically every time she eats brains is supposed to make you gag, they don't make the stuff look appetizing and the dude looked gross as hell: decomp does that to the best of folk and he wasn't even close to that. Medically, she didn't even come close to saying epinephrine properly and it's odd to see PTSD and anxiety treated with the same meds, not to mention the side-effects being what she faced, since the more commonly used anti-anxiety meds don't usually do that.

Give yourself a pair of rosy tv spectacles. They never get anything right.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am still shipping Liv and Ravi, but the new guy is better than Major at least. I am also happy that they ditched the bit where they feel the need to explain the premise of the show at the start of each episode, that is what the kickass into is for.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It was cute how hard they tried to not fall into the deep, dark pit of the usual Putting the Computer on the Teevee plot. More "hanging onto the edge of the pit for dear life" than the depths where CSI: Cyber and other dread beasts dwell.

The real strength was the timing. Something finally going wrong with Blaine's operation (creating a legion of powerful zombies in thrall to you for your supply of brains — you know, those things found in the skulls of everyone else around you? — is the kind of pyramid scheme that cannot last), Rich Blackmail Victim getting drilled into the after-afterlife, and Liv finally catching on to the Z-Mafia all happened not an episode too soon.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 22, 2015

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Somebody has probably said this already but I'm increasingly loving how this show and its supernatural/fantastic/sci-fi elements don't live in a bubble or are self-contained. More and more people are becoming zombies and it's spreading and the zombies are exploring what they want to do, how they want to live and how they want to interact with the world. And I love that things are slowly getting bigger and bigger than Liv just keeping a secret, like it's not just three seasons of "I'M THE ONLY ZOMBIE ;_;". poo poo that happens is having an effect on the rest of the world and that's just awesome attention to setting and detail.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Sorry, but I hated this episode. The rotten brains thing made me gag, the game and computer stuff was all stupid stereotypes and it just didn't make sense. The Goonlord guy was literally a terrible criminal who did actual crimes involving high-security Federal stuff and nothing happened to him? It was idiotic. The whole computer plot was egregiously stupid even to my wife who isn't in the industry and knows nothing about MMORPGs.

I'm with you. The procedural part of this episode was awful, while all the serial plot parts were great.

Etalommi posted:

TV shows should never talk about video games. Ever.

Still true!

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.
I hope whoever was worried that Blaine and his cougar friend/victim were getting too cozy is feeling better about that relationship now. :aaa:

It does seem like he's walking a fine line with how much he feeds his customers and employees, they all seem to be quite a bit farther along the dumb-and-mean spectrum than Liv, new guy, or Blaine himself. I'm a little surprised he hasn't misjudged the line between dumb enough not to question him/desperate enough to eat just anybody before now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am sad that Major did not die.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

pkfan2004 posted:

Somebody has probably said this already but I'm increasingly loving how this show and its supernatural/fantastic/sci-fi elements don't live in a bubble or are self-contained. More and more people are becoming zombies and it's spreading and the zombies are exploring what they want to do, how they want to live and how they want to interact with the world. And I love that things are slowly getting bigger and bigger than Liv just keeping a secret, like it's not just three seasons of "I'M THE ONLY ZOMBIE ;_;". poo poo that happens is having an effect on the rest of the world and that's just awesome attention to setting and detail.

It seems like the transition to zombiehood is relatively gentle and thus far the people who've experienced it have either been resourceful, trapped in a well, or at Blaine's mercy. But what's going on in other cities? Is Seattle the only home of zombies on planet earth? I have to assume some poor sap(s) will eventually blunder into health care or social service settings and it will begin to get some notice as a public health issue.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I'm a little surprised he hasn't misjudged the line between dumb enough not to question him/desperate enough to eat just anybody before now.

Who says he hasn't?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Liv talking away on the computer while Babineau wandered off was pretty funny.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Tiggum posted:

Who says he hasn't?

True, but our zombie-savvy point-of-view characters work in the morgue. I kind of doubt the rank-and-file zombie is a body-disposal genius.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For some reason I found the scene where Live kind of floated into the the police station while doped up to be just loving hilarious in every way. Her mannerisms and facial expressions had me giggling like a loon.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The best part of the episode was Liv's "Son of a bitch!" when she found out she had to drink rotten smoothie.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Senerio posted:

The best part of the episode was Liv's "Son of a bitch!" when she found out she had to drink rotten smoothie.

That actually got a good chuckle out of me. That whole scene did.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, this show has a lot of great one liners, and the cast has been great at selling them.

"I'm sorry but I ate some agoraphobe brain and now I can't leave the house." Sums up the show pretty well, I think.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show has the most sedate zombie apocalypse ever conceived. I'm really enjoying it.

Of course it has to air on Tuesdays which is why it's taken me this long to get around to checking it out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This is the only show where I've noticed that instead of using Surface Pro 3's for everything they are using 3-4 year old model HP laptops. Hell even the "gamers" computer had an HP Assistant Tool next to the clock.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
This is a fun show. I'm getting sick of the doom and gloom zombie apocalypse stuff everywhere, so this is a refreshing take on it for me. You don't have to shoot them in the head, just feed them some gourmet brains and they'll be dysfunctioning members of society again!.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Liv is waaaaay too pale in this scene to be recognized as anything other than dead or a clown.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It's weird. The makeup department doesn't work very well with the lighting department, aftereffects, or SOMETHING, because sometimes, I can see where they used the airbrush for the white paint and smoothed with sponge and it's a very caked on, DEAD look, and sometimes, she just looks pale, gothy, Liv, and it works.

Also, I enjoyed the SLIGHT Buffy reference with Dingos Ate My Baby.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The chick who plays Liv has killer legs, and she can dance. Bonus points.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
She's also a Kiwi, which I learned for the first time this week. Between this and Masters of Sex, I would have had no drat clue if it wasn't for some behind-the-scenes thing she did.

Another solid episode, though I was a little foggy on the timeline of the dead girl for about half the episode. I did love the whole "I'm gay. Temporarily." schtick. It's nice to have a love interest in a show that you actually want to root for rather than forced drama like in other shows.

Poor Major, though. I mean, yeah, breaking into a car in broad daylight was dumb as gently caress, but his heart is in the right place and he is just getting poo poo on each ep. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, I enjoyed the SLIGHT Buffy reference with Dingos Ate My Baby.

More like a reference to the original case in Australia that Buffy was inspired by

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like that they are giving Major something to do. And the English scene between Ravi and Lowell was pretty funny.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 29, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Axel Serenity posted:

She's also a Kiwi, which I learned for the first time this week. Between this and Masters of Sex, I would have had no drat clue if it wasn't for some behind-the-scenes thing she did.

Another solid episode, though I was a little foggy on the timeline of the dead girl for about half the episode. I did love the whole "I'm gay. Temporarily." schtick. It's nice to have a love interest in a show that you actually want to root for rather than forced drama like in other shows.

Poor Major, though. I mean, yeah, breaking into a car in broad daylight was dumb as gently caress, but his heart is in the right place and he is just getting poo poo on each ep. :(

I knew she was a Kiwi, Kiwi girls are my kryptonite. Chuck in great legs and a dancer, i'm cooked.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Also huge tits for a girl her size. Always a plus.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"Why do I have the sudden urge to dump tea into the harbour" hahahaha.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rocksicles posted:

I knew she was a Kiwi, Kiwi girls are my kryptonite. Chuck in great legs and a dancer, i'm cooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafhyzWNVU8

And here I thought she could not get more adorable

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's her TV accent too, Posh Kiwi.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

It's weird. The makeup department doesn't work very well with the lighting department, aftereffects, or SOMETHING, because sometimes, I can see where they used the airbrush for the white paint and smoothed with sponge and it's a very caked on, DEAD look, and sometimes, she just looks pale, gothy, Liv, and it works.

Yeah, sometimes she just looks pale and other times (like when they were talking to the animal control lady) she looked bone white, like inhumanly white.

Also, they really need to start getting Liv involved with the whole meta zombie plot because as it is she's right on the edge of looking foolish with all these other zombies out there noticing her but she's oblivious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
This show is really growing on me. :zombie:

Rose Mciver is a Kiwi? :aaa:

Dat accent!

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread