Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Quest For Glory II posted:

also this'll be like the third year The Division is shown at E3 so thats probably a bad sign

Check out the bottom right of this picture for the only bad sign you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
whatever happened to project spark

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

Check out the bottom right of this picture for the only bad sign you need

itt you mean "top left"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

VideoGames posted:

whatever happened to project spark

A bad episodic sequel to Conker.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
idk what's so uniquely damning about that e3 lineup, fable and halo are tentpoles for people who aren't you even when the games suck (i.e. MS fanboys), i'm unsure why you're lolling about dragon age inquisition which was a massive hit other than it being multiplatform i guess (which is true of the majority of things MS and sony could possibly show now), etc

like it isn't great or exciting but e3 lineups rarely are anymore

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

Announced in 2007 exclusively for PS3, little was heard about the game after 2009 and it was thought to have been cancelled,[5] although Take-Two confirmed in May 2011 that Agent was still in development.[6] In July 2013, Take-Two Interactive registered two trademarks for the game.[5]

:allears: the dream is still alive

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

idk what's so uniquely damning about that e3 lineup, fable and halo are tentpoles for people who aren't you even when the games suck (i.e. MS fanboys), i'm unsure why you're lolling about dragon age inquisition which was a massive hit other than it being multiplatform i guess (which is true of the majority of things MS and sony could possibly show now), etc

like it isn't great or exciting but e3 lineups rarely are anymore
Everyone hated forza 5, evolve was poo poo and full of dlc and no one plays it anymore, AC unity sucked, dead rising 3 was mediocre, fable legends is some F2P garbage, project spark is garbage, master chief collection was infamously broken for a long time, phantom dust is cancelled, and the only interesting games on the lineup (witcher 3, ori, tomb raider 2015) are or will be on PC

Also i think all bioware games are trash, in re: to dragon age

when i look at the other e3 conferences i will probably come to a similar outcome (i mean sony cared a lot about the order so there's that already, sorry stux)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scalebound probably isn't vapourware since I don't think Platinum have any other games announced, but stuff points to it being a bigger project than they usually do (some sore of open world RPG was being hinted) so I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to next year.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, imagine this: Alan Wake: Secure, Contain, and Protect.

Alan Wake meets a series of talking dogs, all named KAIN PATHOS CROW

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Xenoblade Chronicles X are all happening this year.

And Like there's no Xbox games that I even want now.

and Xenoblade is the only Wii-U game that I want because everything else looks like crap(splatoon) or not happening until next year(zelda)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
was alan wake even any good, what about the PC version, it's only 6 buck on Steam right now

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

was alan wake even any good, what about the PC version, it's only 6 buck on Steam right now

Only the old alone in the dark games were good and there was only like two of them that were good. The rest has been garbage.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
are ff15 and kh3 actually happening this year? like i could see ff15 maybe since they're rushing it but i haven't heard a lot about kh3 more recently than when they announced the move to unreal engine

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bloodychill posted:

are ff15 and kh3 actually happening this year? like i could see ff15 maybe since they're rushing it but i haven't heard a lot about kh3 more recently than when they announced the move to unreal engine

It's either happening in November or being pushed to quarter 1 of 2016.

I'm just glad that Final Fantasy 13 is finally over.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

I like it and the PC port is fine if you meet the requirements. Just play on easy because otherwise youll get bored

e: the only way they could think of to raise difficulty was just adding more hp, its dumb

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's either happening in November or being pushed to quarter 1 of 2016.

I'm just glad that Final Fantasy 13 is finally over.

Lightning Returns was so much better than the piss-poor combat in ff15

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also persona 5 or whatever is this year supposedly. But I don't know if that just applies to Japan or is it going to be an international release.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

Lightning Returns was so much better than the piss-poor combat in ff15

I liked Lightning Returns but Lightning returns negates the two other games which were not really all that good. 13-2 had a very good soundtrack but they re-used many of the songs in Lightning Returns. Like there really is no need to play 13 and 13-2 if you're playing Lightning Returns.

Final Fantasy 15's combat is probably going to change though. It doesn't feel as refined but then again neither did 12's first demo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Final Fantasy 13's story and characters and world were actually so terrible as to be actively detrimental to the experience of playing those games too; a lot of good games (including good RPGs and FF games) have kind of bad stories or uninteresting environments or whatever and it doesn't really matter because they're fun or cool but FF13's mechanics have a steep, steep mountain of poo poo to compensate for

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If you care about Kingdom Hearts even slightly in the year 2015 and you aren't under 18 and suffering from Down syndrome you should be embarrassed about your entire existence

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

If you care about Kingdom Hearts even slightly in the year 2015 and you aren't under 18 and suffering from Down syndrome you should be embarrassed about your entire existence

Look man I came this far with beating the first two games, the 4 side stories, and the HD re-releases. I might as well finish the fight.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

The Taint Reaper posted:

Look man I came this far with beating the first two games, the 4 side stories, and the HD re-releases. I might as well finish the fight.

Adam Bowen posted:

you should be embarrassed about your entire existence

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Someone with an Animal Crossing avatar wants to try to call someone out about embarrassment.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Someone with an Animal Crossing avatar wants to try to call someone out about embarrassment.

animal crossing is good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

animal crossing is good

It's no Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Story of Seasons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually, it's all of those, and more.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

true

a dumb polar bear bitch moved into my garden last time i played

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i hate her

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Spider Covets posted:

a dumb polar bear bitch moved into my garden last time i played

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, it's all of those, and more.

Impossible

You can't marry in animal crossing and all you have is crushing debt. You can't even fight dragons.

It's a single virgin simulator.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

f*ck you!!!!!!!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can't marry in animal crossing and all you have is crushing debt.
2 real

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's a single virgin simulator.

You'd know better than me :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

:boom:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CJacobs posted:

Who I keep imprisoned in my dungeon chamber is of no business to you.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's from Phantasy Star Online 2
:goonsay:

A Spider Covets posted:

animal crossing is good

Also this

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

pussy riot police posted:

It's from Phantasy Star Online 2
:goonsay:

That's a lot worse, you shouldn't have corrected him

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

That's a lot worse, you shouldn't have corrected him

Playing an MMO in the year 2015 should be considered a crime.

Everyone who is normal and well adjusted: So many good games are released it's amazing.

MMO Player: Nah I'm just going to grind the same guy over and over or maybe sit for hours on end camping something because things like gameplay scare me.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's kind of nice to play an MMO sometimes because of that. When I was playing FF14 for a few weeks last year I didn't play a lot of other games, but now I'm playing probably a dozen games and I usually can't stick to one for more than an hour at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
i had a friend who played WOW like 8 years ago when we were in college and was a guild leader or something, he would sit in his room all drat day before and after class barely hanging out with anyone mumbling on his headset and nearly flunked out of school and did some counseling for a short time (seriously, video game addiction counseling or something like that). he gave it up and got like $700 for his account. thats all i know about MMOs never played one a day in my life.

• Locked thread