Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I wish there was a Mario Party level akin to the Wario Ware level from Brawl (and I think the 3DS version?) where you would have small, random tasks/goals that occasionally interrupt the fight and would provide buffs/debuffs. Then I could play that for ~5 presumably-fun minutes instead of praying for the sweet release of death for the ~20 needed to play Smash Tour.

I assume it's more fun with more people; I've only ever played it with one other person.

EDIT: Does anyone else play ROB a lot? Any tips on how to better use his recovery? I'm pretty good with him, but I feel I just suck when it comes to using his flight-mode.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Dodgeball posted:

EDIT: Does anyone else play ROB a lot? Any tips on how to better use his recovery? I'm pretty good with him, but I feel I just suck when it comes to using his flight-mode.

Can you be any more specific? I like ROB a fair bit and I think his Up B is one of the best recoveries in the game behind like Villager. Usually I'd just go for the ledge, and if you want to hop off and attack then regrab, make sure you mentally keep track of how many times, as more than 2-3 and you risk running out of fuel. If you're getting close it's much more important to get your feet on the stage for a bit so I like to roll on.

If you're getting stage spiked or bowling balled on recovery, try recovering high onto the stage - I don't really like doing that as it leaves you pretty open but it's preferable to straight up dying.

Don't forget you can use aerials out of Up B but not other B moves without doing another action first. Up B to Up A to chase people off the top is cool if you can pull it off, and you can kill pretty early if you do it connect at the top of the screen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Could anyone who plays Peach drop some tips? Moved over to her after my friends learned how to read Ike really well and I'd like to learn how to play her somewhat competently.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Just some Project M Kirby musings:

After playing in my university's Project: M tournament as Kirby and winning every match until my best friend who plays too much melee beat me, I have to say Project: M has the most superior Kirby. It's so much fun smashing through an opponent's projectile with a side cutter then stomping them into the ground with a d-throw and jab combo or side smash.

It was difficult for me to win some matches until I realized how loving good d-throw is because it's really hard to tech the ground. It's difficult to avoid bouncing since the timing on hitting the ground changes with the enemy's % damage. It allows for immediate follow up with a side smash or jab if they fail to tech and it's absolutely brutal how much pressure you can put on someone with a simple down throw. Kirby's grab range being super buffed and his rapid pummel also racks up damage super easily on any short-medium range character.

HIs offstage is also nuts and I combo-d my friend who plays a lot of Fox off the edge quite a few times with a solid Fair or gimping with a Nair. You can also drag someone trying to recover down with your Dair during a fastfall since I think it meteors but does not spike, but it doesn't matter since Kirby's superior recovery will easily let you get back onto the stage while your opponent hopelessly Up-B's too far away from the ledge. Kirby is also very good at juggling recovering opponents with his Uair and Utilt and his many jumps allow for good aerial mix-ups, his quick Bair and Fair being a good trump card in collision with a recovering opponent.

At high percentages if your opponent plays dangerously towards the edge and you have a stock advantage it's super easy to just inhale and take them with you. That's how I won a particular match vs. my friend's competent Fox play. Kirby's hilariously small hitbox also lets me ignore some particularly brutal set ups, especially vs. a different friend's Captain Falcon and his incessant insistence on setting up with his Dair. It's very easy to keep the pressure on your opponent when you can chase with side cutter.

All bets are off when my friend picks his main Marth though because that is a tough as gently caress match up. Marth's spacing was too good and I only took one match off of him when we played, he always stayed just out of my range and punished me for it. Fox is much more manageable, and you force him to come to you since you can just duck his lasers.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJ2Yx13k7I

jiggly

If you can tolerate all the sound spam, there's actually some neat tricks in here.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 22, 2015

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
^^ those kind of videos crack me the gently caress up

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Some dude on fb said Mew2king threw a friends chihuahua out of a 19th floor apartment window...anyone want to c/d this for me?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

net cafe scandal posted:

Some dude on fb said Mew2king threw a friends chihuahua out of a 19th floor apartment window...anyone want to c/d this for me?

He mad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

net cafe scandal posted:

I was the chihuahua and I can confirm

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I was the chihuahua and I can confirm

A chihuahua that speaks like a man, surviving a fall like that... I think not.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

net cafe scandal posted:

Was it a front throw or a back throw?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Dodgeball posted:

Try spamming up rather than holding it. You'll go just as high and you'll use less gas. The game even has a tooltip about it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

Was it a front throw or a back throw?

Meteor smash.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

He Ken Combo'd it off the balcony.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

jiggly

If you can tolerate all the sound spam, there's actually some neat tricks in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_lFF0aJIE

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'll be honest this faked me out.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How about you creeps show a little damned respect for the departed chihuahua.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Don't talk about Bad Roy that way.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Should have its recovery buffed in the next patch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

Should have its recovery buffed in the next patch.

This barely even makes sense. Get lost.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I know this thread's 'thing' is being as uncaring and ironic as possible but if there's even a 1% chance that that dog actually died then I'd rather this not devolve into jokes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

KamikazePotato posted:

I know this thread's 'thing' is being as uncaring and ironic as possible but if there's even a 1% chance that that dog actually died then I'd rather this not devolve into jokes.

This. If there is even a snowballs chance in hell this is true then you people are sick for joking about it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope the dog is ok

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
No, it's fake. A guy that loves to poo poo talk on FB made it up on a whim.

It sounds like something M2K would do, though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

jiggly

Poor Man's KidRetro. :colbert:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My taint was reaped and not even by the reaper of taints

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

No, it's fake. A guy that loves to poo poo talk on FB made it up on a whim.

It sounds like something M2K would do, though.

Thank God!!! :pray:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I am very happy that the dog is alive and well, and possibly making friends with a duck even as we speak.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

This barely even makes sense. Get lost.

Sorry I joked about an obviously bullshit story.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Aston posted:

I am very happy that the dog is alive and well, and possibly making friends with a duck even as we speak.

I need to stop this dog before it's too late

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fibby Boy posted:

Sorry I joked about an obviously bullshit story.

Hmmm M2K got "drunk" with a "friend"... I'm sorry I'm seeing a lot of holes in this story...

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I wanted the dog to be harmed and I'm not sorry.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm glad the dog is ok

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please add chihuahuas as part of the Nintendog assist trophy to honor this dog.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

Hmmm M2K got "drunk" with a "friend"... I'm sorry I'm seeing a lot of holes in this story...

The only real hole I see in that story is "M2K's friend."

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zero keeps a flask in his scarf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SilverSupernova posted:

The only real hole I see in that story is "M2K's friend."

That's the joke yes

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now we don't even know if there even was a dog to begin with!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 22, 2015

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ruggington posted:

I need to stop this dog before it's too late

this is the same guy who jizzed on a fruton and ride in a trunk of a car to a tournament. getting drunk and killing a dog is not out of the possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ugh, how do I deal with a Sonic that never goes in for anything? The recovery on all his moves are so short, and his homing attack is really hard to punish because it sends him so far away. I've tried playing his game, but he does it better and also has autocombos.
Help, goons!

• Locked thread