Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
And will probably never be playable again after a year when they shut down the dedicated servers. Imagine if Rock Band Blitz cost $100 AND a subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Except GHTV is free?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
GHTV seems like a terrible idea for me, because what if I want to play but the only thing on GHTV is like, an hour of Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot and stuff I hate?

I know I'm probably in the minority of only playing songs I actually enjoy listening to, but still.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

precision posted:

GHTV seems like a terrible idea for me, because what if I want to play but the only thing on GHTV is like, an hour of Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot and stuff I hate?

I know I'm probably in the minority of only playing songs I actually enjoy listening to, but still.

It has different genres as different 'channels' you can play on, is how I thought it worked. That doesn't necessarily solve the problem if everything's stuck on songs you don't give a poo poo about, but it's not like it's just one stream you're locked into.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

precision posted:

Why are you playing Guitar Hero at all?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Guitar Hero On Fire, excuse me, Guitar Hero TV is not a bad idea IMO, it lowers licensing costs a ton and makes it easy to deliver a lot of songs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah I'm glad they're going with this plan. Might help prevent another situation where Activision is flooding the market with multiple games a year and it should work well for the younger crowd that maybe can't or doesn't want to buy DLC.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
They could track the most popular/played songs on GHTV and then release that as a new disc once a year. Or have a GHTV On Demand thing where you can save favorites (only 5 gems!) to play whenever you want.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
There is definitely an "On Demand" option

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

Except GHTV is free?

I was unaware they are mailing out free guitar controllers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Orange Harrison posted:

I was unaware they are mailing out free guitar controllers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually resort to that, though. :v:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

precision posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually resort to that, though. :v:

An alternate universe where instead of AOL CDs, everyone in America gets ninety GHTV controllers.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Deathlove posted:

An alternate universe where instead of AOL CDs, everyone in America gets ninety GHTV controllers.

Some of us are close to that already. :negative:

not GHTV controllers specifically, but you get the idea

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think those AOL CDs lasted longer than some of the RB1-era hardware though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Weird request - anyone have the Guitar Hero Metallica video of Battery where they've replaced the guitar sounds with Hetfield's 'singing'? Google has failed me.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

Weird request - anyone have the Guitar Hero Metallica video of Battery where they've replaced the guitar sounds with Hetfield's 'singing'? Google has failed me.

No, but that sounds amazing

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I found this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWRJ5LlhIXE

Lars Ulrich can't keep the beat to his own song during mo-cap.

RHX
Oct 20, 2005

I, Butthole posted:

Is it this one by any chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2jBakODZI

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I, Butthole posted:

What the hell?

Wow, that is something. :stare:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYJUDnJJJU

Accept no substitutes for the genuine article.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I thought you were going to post a video of that guy signing along to YYZ in GH2, am dissapoint.

(I tried to find it earlier and failed :()

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Wasn't it Joe Satriani? (I looked and also couldn't find it)

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cq-QhEPoZ8

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Oh, I was thinking about how when GHWT came out there was actual vocals for Surfing with the Alien or something.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

Oh, I was thinking about how when GHWT came out there was actual vocals for Surfing with the Alien or something.

Oh yeah I remember that, it was Satch Boogie. They didn't want to (or couldn't?) have no vocals part for it at all, so if you played as a band it would give you a bunch of freestyle sections and tell you to sing along with the guitar.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Tempo 119 posted:

Oh yeah I remember that, it was Satch Boogie. They didn't want to (or couldn't?) have no vocals part for it at all, so if you played as a band it would give you a bunch of freestyle sections and tell you to sing along with the guitar.

Also what might have been a Tay Zonday reference about moving away from the mic to breathe.

Guitar Hero, y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjBKAbtLCdk

Gaspar Lewis fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 22, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Guitar Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOT5XJ5xZro

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rather be forced to do something than do something and not have it work at all :argh: early Rock Band talkie parts

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

I rather be forced to do something than do something and not have it work at all :argh: early Rock Band talkie parts

Let's take it easy- easy let it go *rubbing mic on jeans*

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Abu Dave posted:

the loving pain this has caused people shooting for full game vocal FCs my god. I still don't really get the exact nature of how they hosed those up

he just sounds so loving happy despite how goddamn dumb this is :kimchi:

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 23, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Those are some good vocals right there.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Abu Dave posted:

Also having to turn off the controller when you want to do a single no-vocals song rather than just being able to leave it connected.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Gaspar Lewis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYJUDnJJJU

Accept no substitutes for the genuine article.

yep

Guitar Hero sure was something

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

C'monnnnn, considering that was an on-disc song and no other instrumental songs have "hidden" vocals, it's clearly just an easter egg. A pretty brilliant one too. Dare I say, the best hidden playable part since Windtunnel Syndrome.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 23, 2015

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Can someone find the video of that kid dancing all the way through a no-vocals song in GHWT or GHSH on vocals.... then going '*pant pant pant* FC! :haw:' at the end?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Orange Harrison posted:

C'monnnnn, considering that was an on-disc song and no other instrumental songs have "hidden" vocals, it's clearly just an easter egg. A pretty brilliant one too. Dare I say, the best hidden playable part since Windtunnel Syndrome.

good song too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRwN-t5EiQ

at least trippolette was release on RBN I think?

edit: this is not an endorsement of trippolette

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 23, 2015

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Didn't see this posted here yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mll2io3JVrI

Some more confirmations, but not much new stuff as far as I can tell.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kaboobi posted:

good song too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRwN-t5EiQ

at least trippolette was release on RBN I think?

edit: this is not an endorsement of trippolette

Trippolette was released on RBN, yeah. Was it ever found what band did Graveyard Shift?

punching in the like hundred lines of action replay code necessary to unlock that song was entirely worth the effort even if the song was terrible

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Merijn posted:

Didn't see this posted here yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mll2io3JVrI

Some more confirmations, but not much new stuff as far as I can tell.

There are still 100k people playing every month? :psyduck:

That is WAY more people than I was expecting. Like, I thought the playerbase by this point would be in the 10k range and shrinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah the video is a good summary of what they've stated so far and also some guy who thinks Pink Floyd is ever gonna happen asking a bunch of weird questions... but nothing new at all per se.

Good on them for big-upping the GH reboot and Rocksmith; really, thank God this time around everyone has a niche this time and avoiding stepping on too many toes.

Gaspar Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 23, 2015