Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
loving owned. I'd hate to be that guy right now. I hope he and his mum have cream for that burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you find yourself unmoved by a gif of a young person committing a political assassination there is probably in fact something wrong with your idiot hosed up brain, yes

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Dude don't he might say something about your dad next.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
He might post a dark eldar slave girl or something and say "look it's ur dad". How could you cope with such ownage?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When did I ever say it wasn't something to be affected by, the guy didn't have it embedded in his post or anything so you had to click it

Keep making assumptions jumping straight to serious psychological accusations and jerking each other off you salty weirdos

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
^^^^ Haha nice ninja edit you coward ^^^^

Oh poo poo we're queers now 50s. Queers that are GAY.

I thought we were all cool hams in the 40K thread but I guess we're gonna have to suck up the D with Hollis and the rest of the fags.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spacegoat posted:

He might post a dark eldar slave girl or something and say "look it's ur dad". How could you cope with such ownage?
Those Gary Morley models put the jaws on Space Marines to shame

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Yep you got me, I'm a fuckin' sociopath, a gods damned unfeeling machine

Oh hey I just found a photo of your mom

would

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
what is that man doing to his anus?

:vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spacegoat posted:

^^^^ Haha nice ninja edit you coward ^^^^

Oh poo poo we're queers now 50s. Queers that are GAY.

I thought we were all cool hams in the 40K thread but I guess we're gonna have to suck up the D with Hollis and the rest of the fags.
Do you also think when someone says "circlejerk" they are calling everyone involved a homosexual because one of the definitions of circlejerk is literally sitting in a circle jerking each other off?

What a weirdo

edit

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 23, 2015

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
More the one true pairing bit you edited out but carry on :angel:

This thread sucks now. It's full of bigots and sociopaths.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
This thread sucks now. I don't have any new models to post so here, have a cool picture I took in DC.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spacegoat posted:

You're right, you should leave

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

spacegoat posted:

Captain Invictus posted:

You're right, you should leave

:colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Glad you agree with me, thread superstar hollismason.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait to get back home and play some games, huh? I'm thinking of taking out the sisters of battle with the promethium pipes set. Sticking a couple exorcists behind it will be nice, and most of my infantry have a flamer / heavy flamer behind it. Should be fun!
I'll have to remember my camera and take some pictures. I also finished up a bunch of tyranid models... The best thing about business travel is I tend to get the little guys painted.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LordAba posted:

I can't wait to get back home and play some games, huh? I'm thinking of taking out the sisters of battle with the promethium pipes set. Sticking a couple exorcists behind it will be nice, and most of my infantry have a flamer / heavy flamer behind it. Should be fun!
I'll have to remember my camera and take some pictures. I also finished up a bunch of tyranid models... The best thing about business travel is I tend to get the little guys painted.

No one cares, we're not talking about that right now.

Don't post gifs of people getting murdered in the thread for silly army men.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Moola posted:

Yeah I was assuming space hulk but it looks more like monopoly

Pass planet G0, send games workshop $200.00.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Hollismason,

Have you started making asteroids and other x-wang terrain from cat hairballs or dead animals yet?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Jesus loving christ lads, this loving thread has gone full retard.

Also keeping on topic:

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Jesus loving christ lads, this loving thread has gone full retard.

Also keeping on topic:

I can't believe you would go and post something so violent, I am extremely triggered by this graphic picture.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Texmo posted:

I can't believe you would go and post something so violent, I am extremely triggered by this graphic picture.

The only thing this has triggered in you is the love of the D.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I love how a coop "self contained" game from GW costs $125USD, which is 2-3x what most other good boardgames cost. For $100 you could get Claustrophobia with its two expansions, with a GOOD ruleset, and prepainted minis.

Or Shadows of Brimstone, a Cthulu-western themed dungeon delver, where you could get two packed to the gills coffin-boxes (both base sets) for $135.

Or Dwarf King's Quest, which got you about 100 minis for $100.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How do you guys think this would work as the basis for a Gorkanaut?

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Only if you turn the chest into a really dopey looking glyph.

Seriously, just about anything can look good Orky, and that would look way better looted up than the stubby waddling things they have now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

boom boom boom posted:

Looks more like a Morkanaut imo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

Looks more like a Morkanaut imo.

It doesn't come with a giant Gatling gun, but that's why Bandai makes the HGBC Giant Gatling

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Von Humboldt posted:

Only if you turn the chest into a really dopey looking glyph.

Seriously, just about anything can look good Orky, and that would look way better looted up than the stubby waddling things they have now.

Is it not squat and stompy enough? I could use The O

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Is it not squat and stompy enough? I could use The O

That would be great! Hopefully you will post work in progress pics!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Actually nevermind, I just realized The O is way too big. It's closer to the size of a Stompa.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Guys I only like to play Sisters of Battle. Whats the best build to take to beat my local Eldar player with a Iyanden craftworld? I only play pure sisters so I know its not super competitive but what would be a good army to get at least a 40-50% win rate? My buddy is kinda a jerk and pretty competitive so I need a good list. The last couple times he used some kinda thing with a D or something on me, and his falcons teleported anywhere they wanted and it turns out AP yes flamers kill sisters pretty good, even in rhinos!
Once again I like to keep them pure so only badass sister lists please. Around 1500. Would really appreciate it.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
With that head and paint job you should try passing it off as a wraithknight.

Big-Wraithboned.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That's a Gorkanaut in the middle and a Stompa on the right, right?

Why the gently caress is the Gorkanaut only ten bucks cheaper than the Stompa when it's half the size?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's that one on the Left and also because you can build any ork vehicle and poo poo out of Dollar Store toys and parts. I dunno why you would buy any of those and not just go buy some cheap rear end toy and convert it cause those look like their bade out of a lampshade.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Borris posted:

Guys I only like to play Sisters of Battle. Whats the best build to take to beat my local Eldar player with a Iyanden craftworld? I only play pure sisters so I know its not super competitive but what would be a good army to get at least a 40-50% win rate? My buddy is kinda a jerk and pretty competitive so I need a good list. The last couple times he used some kinda thing with a D or something on me, and his falcons teleported anywhere they wanted and it turns out AP yes flamers kill sisters pretty good, even in rhinos!
Once again I like to keep them pure so only badass sister lists please. Around 1500. Would really appreciate it.

Pure sisters? It's pretty tough since sisters are a pretty old codex. Why worry about the win percentage... or even playing him if he is a jerk? Plus the Eldar codex isn't even out yet. Not only that, but using the Iyanden codex doesn't get you all the S:D (unless it was FAQed).

I don't get what you mean about the flamers killing guys in flamers... A unit will destroy a rhino, but shouldn't hurt the sisters on the round that it gets blown up. If they are in a falcon it's only 3 guys because they are bulky? At least I thought the falcon only went to transport 6... in which case a sisters unit should be able to kill them. I usually run melta/heavy flamer/combi-melta on my sisters squads, and with preferred enemy you don't have to worry about rolling 1s on the melta.
Outflanking melta squads from the fast slot (dominions? I forget all the names of the units) can reach fairly far and they get to ignore cover for their faith power. Don't be afraid to sacrifice them to knock out something important; a bike squad, a falcon, or just to put some wounds on wraithknight to put some pressure on it.
2-3 exorcists wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you can get them hull down and still shoot. Granted, it will still take most of game to torrent down a wraithknight, and they aren't immune to retaliation, but you can get luckily and roll that 6++.
Forgeworld hands out the retributor and the avenger fighter, which are both not bad.

Eldar can really mess with sisters. Leadership penalties can mess with you, mass S6 shooting is always bad news, and while sisters can mass out meltas and heavy flamers it never seems to be enough. Luckily S:D is fairly wasted on them as sisters tend not to rely on heavy vehicles (and the S:D flamer is basically the same because it only wounds on a 3+).

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 23, 2015

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LordAba posted:

Pure sisters? It's pretty tough since sisters are a pretty old codex. Why worry about the win percentage... or even playing him if he is a jerk? Plus the Eldar codex isn't even out yet. Not only that, but using the Iyanden codex doesn't get you all the S:D (unless it was FAQed).

I don't get what you mean about the flamers killing guys in flamers... A unit will destroy a rhino, but shouldn't hurt the sisters on the round that it gets blown up. If they are in a falcon it's only 3 guys because they are bulky? At least I thought the falcon only went to transport 6... in which case a sisters unit should be able to kill them. I usually run melta/heavy flamer/combi-melta on my sisters squads, and with preferred enemy you don't have to worry about rolling 1s on the melta.
Outflanking melta squads from the fast slot (dominions? I forget all the names of the units) can reach fairly far and they get to ignore cover for their faith power. Don't be afraid to sacrifice them to knock out something important; a bike squad, a falcon, or just to put some wounds on wraithknight to put some pressure on it.
2-3 exorcists wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you can get them hull down and still shoot. Granted, it will still take most of game to torrent down a wraithknight, and they aren't immune to retaliation, but you can get luckily and roll that 6++.
Forgeworld hands out the retributor and the avenger fighter, which are both not bad.

Eldar can really mess with sisters. Leadership penalties can mess with you, mass S6 shooting is always bad news, and while sisters can mass out meltas and heavy flamers it never seems to be enough. Luckily S:D is fairly wasted on them as sisters tend not to rely on heavy vehicles (and the S:D flamer is basically the same because it only wounds on a 3+).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LordAba posted:

:lol:

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Doctor Borris posted:

Waddup fellow pure Sisters homie. Don't worry, some day we'll be the new Eldar codex.

As for right now, just be the most fun person to know at the game store / in your garage and people will think his Eldar suck since you're always smiling and telling people how cool their minis look. He'll win the board, but you'll win the hearts.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sorry.

HAHAHA Eldar gives sisters the dick, rape diorama, gay sex with gifs of people being assassinated. How silly of me, for a second I thought this was the 40K thread? X-Wangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LordAba posted:

X-Wangs.

I agree.

• Locked thread