Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm noticing some minor errors in the translation for Drive this week; mostly just in like single words.

Wonder what's up with that; they're so good that even a tiny mistake like a missing word stands out as super weird.

EDIT: Regardless of that the Kamen Rider Chase fight is really good. So good.

Chase has a fantastic design compared to the other two. It's almost unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I really don't like his baseball umpire pad or the fact that his signal is on his back but everything else about his design is top notch; even his helmet still isn't perfectly symmetrical, mirroring that the damage there was so extensive that even the Signal Chaser Bike can't fix it. It's just, to me, a loving amazing suit, easily one of the best I've seen.

Also I looked on the wiki and his 'stats' are hilarious; apparently he's stronger then Formula and faster then Deadheat while he's Kamen Rider Chaser.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I'm pretty sure this one is using Proper nouns unless your talking about using Psycho instead of possibly psychic?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

They could exist alongside Over-TIme quite comfortably, if their translation quality was better. TVN for when you don't mind watching the series a little bit after release, or it's an older series, and you want fancy effects. OT for when you want soft subs, an easier-to-read translation, to watch a show as it's coming out, or all of the above.

I could even forgive the "TVN are the ones who leave on honorifics and such", if they had any quality anywhere else.

Yeah the translations are poo poo, the effects are dumb, the videos are coded like dogfarts in a box, they ain't got poo poo going for them

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just watched Drive 26, and the previews for 27... I really hope they're going to figure out a way to make all this stuff Gou's doing make sense. He already had the "I just need to have faith in myself" revelation, so maybe he's going to have a "but I also need to have faith in other people" one?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Poison Mushroom posted:

Just watched Drive 26, and the previews for 27... I really hope they're going to figure out a way to make all this stuff Gou's doing make sense. He already had the "I just need to have faith in myself" revelation, so maybe he's going to have a "but I also need to have faith in other people" one?

This seems more due to something that might have happened in America, something super personal that really really made him hate Rudemoids in the past or something. He's brought it up before but it's never really been totally dealt with and it's been vague on what actually is causing him to be so vicious towards Rudemoids.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stallion Cabana posted:

This seems more due to something that might have happened in America, something super personal that really really made him hate Rudemoids in the past or something. He's brought it up before but it's never really been totally dealt with and it's been vague on what actually is causing him to be so vicious towards Rudemoids.
Those drat hemorrhoids!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Those drat hemorrhoids!

Roy Muchos!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cernunnos posted:

Roy Muchos!

I really want him to call them "Rudeboys"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Look at this nonsense, I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnDz_mAj2Y

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Haha! I like how UFOmaru's just chilling, laying down somewhere in that top bit. At least it looks like it can still walk!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Haha! I like how UFOmaru's just chilling, laying down somewhere in that top bit. At least it looks like it can still walk!

That's not UFOmaru. That's the 6th rangers mech.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cernunnos posted:

Rodeomaru :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

Whoops! I only remembered UFOmaru's face from the last episode's opening so I thought it was him for some reason. That's awesome that he has another little Shinobimaru-looking one though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrl2bCBzqRc

It's finally coming.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

That looks like a thing I am interested in.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I've peeked at it a few times throughout its beta.

It's pretty alright.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I saw this pop up and don't know if they're any good, but JAKQ is happening.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fooley posted:

Just dropped in to post this...I don't have the highest of hopes since they've only done 4 episodes of Turborangers in something like a year's time...but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll take as much JAKQ as I can get.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Awesome, I love me some showa toku.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
That just reminded me that it's been months since KIT put out anything.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mikeycp posted:

That just reminded me that it's been months since KIT put out anything.

They (helped to) finished Stronger!

That was...man I hope the subbing groups doing the older shows don't peter out...

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Burkion posted:

That was...man I hope the subbing groups doing the older shows don't peter out...

Well, here's some good news then!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Was that the same sentai whose part in the Gokaiger ending was 'Lots of Explosions' or something? I don't really know much about like past sentai and stuff but it seems like it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Stallion Cabana posted:

Was that the same sentai whose part in the Gokaiger ending was 'Lots of Explosions' or something? I don't really know much about like past sentai and stuff but it seems like it.

Knowing absolutely nothing about Dynaman other than their line in the Gokaiger ending theme (The explosive, exploding, Dynaman) I expect nothing less.

I'll finish watching Gokaiger someday, dammit. It's on my to do list. It just keeps getting pushed back because NEW STUFF. :argh:

Maybe I'll watch it instead of Shurikenger since I'm kinda :geno: on it right now.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Fooley posted:

Well, if nothing else, the translator is the same person who finished Stronger, so there's that. It's a little worrying that the word "editor" is only used after "occasional", as translator output can sometimes not exactly be what you want to release, but still, sky79 implies at least baseline competence in the final product.

Also, before connecting this project to a KIT project makes the fears about Turbo's rate of output affecting this seem more reasonable, sky was never the bottleneck (hi old man).

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36xo2ZADh8

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

I seriously hope some kid was up late watching this on USA one night, only to see Power Rangers a few years later and be absolutely perplexed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know of a good replacement for a morpher toy wrist strap? I can barely fit the Morphin Brace strap around my not-a-Japanese-child wrist and would love to have something bigger for cosplaying. Ebay is turning up replacement straps identical to the one that shipped with the toy, but I was thinking maybe something longer and perhaps leather?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

Anyone know of a good replacement for a morpher toy wrist strap? I can barely fit the Morphin Brace strap around my not-a-Japanese-child wrist and would love to have something bigger for cosplaying. Ebay is turning up replacement straps identical to the one that shipped with the toy, but I was thinking maybe something longer and perhaps leather?

You could always make one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

You could always make one.

I have exactly zero skill in that area...I've never been good at any sort of creative pursuit like that.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

I have exactly zero skill in that area...I've never been good at any sort of creative pursuit like that.

It's hardly creative. Cut a strip if whatever material as long and wide as you need it, apply adhesive backed velcro.

mynameishong
May 5, 2013
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...kun-perview_fun

So the new Ultraman looks kind of spiffy. Apparently, he has a card gimmick like Goseiger and Ryuki.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New Nin2 is up.

Complete Yakumo-centric episode but gets shown up in the mecha fight by the Gold Ranger and he is everything promised and more complete with air guitar and moon walking. By Rodeomaru

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Fabulous Stylings from NinjaDad as always.

Neat to see Gabi Raizou doing stuff again; he was kind of missing recently, but I feel like the villains really need to go ahead and introduce someone else from the set of villains in the opening; the villain side is getting pretty boring with just the two of them.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

jivjov posted:

Well, it's not leather, but if it's anything like a Rider Belt Strap, you could just use cardboard and cover it up with something. Punch holes in it if it's like a wristwatch.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Pyroi posted:

Well, it's not leather, but if it's anything like a Rider Belt Strap, you could just use cardboard and cover it up with something. Punch holes in it if it's like a wristwatch.

Why not an elastic band from a fabric store or something?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Xelkelvos posted:

New Nin2 is up.

Complete Yakumo-centric episode but gets shown up in the mecha fight by the Gold Ranger and he is everything promised and more complete with air guitar and moon walking. By Rodeomaru

I absolutely cannot loving wait for more Rawhide Kobayashi.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Episode 10 feels really early to introduce a sixth ranger. Do we know if the team will get any bigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Some Numbers posted:

Episode 10 feels really early to introduce a sixth ranger. Do we know if the team will get any bigger?

This was my thought, as well. I wonder if this is gonna be one of those sentai that has like 8-10 rangers by the end of the series, like Kyoryuger or Magiranger.

• Locked thread