Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Red Mundus posted:

Player hitboxes are wayyyy too big and one dude standing in a doorway turns it into a 6 stooges skit.

KF1 had this problem but the hitboxes were usually small enough to squeeze by in most cases.

Just get in front OF HIM then. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The doorway blocking is only fun when you have a dude in the doorway spraying his AR into Hans who is coming from the other direction, and 5 pubbies all sandwiched in the middle dying rapidly from Nerve Gas and unable to get out of the gassy hallway.

Also getting out of the trader screen only to find yourself boxed in and unable to move until someone else leaves.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

This is why I wish we had ONE more weight in general. Because then my support could go Stock shotgun (5), AA12(10), Medic Pistol(1) without having to take a talent I do not have for +5 weight.

But the hunting shotgun is only 4 units and better in every way than the stock? Like, its a very serviceable main weapon rather than the big threat killer t was in kf1 (On normal 7 wave at least)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Ravenfood posted:

But the hunting shotgun is only 4 units and better in every way than the stock? Like, its a very serviceable main weapon rather than the big threat killer t was in kf1 (On normal 7 wave at least)

Just to note for supports or want to be supports, you can blast away husks and sirens in one alt fire with the hunting shotgun, but rarely ever if you fire each shot individually. Very useful for taking them out between attacks.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, since when are Skrakes more dangerous than fleshpounds? Playing on Hard 10 wave, we just get devastated by them

Helps that there's like three at once, but still

VVVV Hah, missed us all by about five mins, man

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 23, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

I'm on this server and nobody is around! Join up, people.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ravenfood posted:

There is that, but I like the more than two shots aspect of the pump when I'm basically saving the AA12 for bigger problems, and when the game decides to throw a ton of crawlers I'm not so great at angling the boomstick to clear out the horde or crawlers while still dealing "satisfying" damage to gorefasts and such unless they are right on top of me. I'm probably over compensating in how low I am on crawlers anyway.

The AA12's high ammo capacity goes by fast when you have more than one fleshpound coming for you.

I love the boomstick, but ye old pump action just feels more all around serviceable than stopping to from empty every 2 seconds, basically. But at the very least I'd be willing to give Boomstick/AA12/medic pistol more of a shot. Unlike trying to justify to myself using the combat shotgun.

Drakenel posted:

Just to note for supports or want to be supports, you can blast away husks and sirens in one alt fire with the hunting shotgun, but rarely ever if you fire each shot individually. Very useful for taking them out between attacks.

This is always very satisfying, though I didn't reaize the individual shots couldn't do the job because I was always using both barrels because gently caress sirens, even when they are not hiding behind a scrake or something so I can't whip out a pistol or varmint rifle I found on the ground to blow their head off from outside of screaming range.

EDIT: The only non weight reason I dislike the boomstick is my terrible luck in some clot somehow barely surviving out of a pile of gorefasts and crawlers and such getting vaporized and grabbing me mid reload animation, and then I think as I cancel my reload animation to melee bash them "If this was the pump action I could have just shot him by now" (as wasteful as that would be). I suppose that will become less of a thing as shotty penetrate bonus goes up.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 23, 2015

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Geight posted:

Questioner if you could move this up to the top of your massive list of features to work on it'd be much appreciated.

I would but we have a strict policy to keep Killing Floor grounded firmly in the realm of fiction and Robo-Maggie murdering the under class and the immigrants sounds way too plausible.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Section Z posted:

I love the boomstick, but ye old pump action just feels more all around serviceable than stopping to from empty every 2 seconds, basically. But at the very least I'd be willing to give Boomstick/AA12/medic pistol more of a shot. Unlike trying to justify to myself using the combat shotgun.

Speaking of, I get the feeling the Combat Shotgun is still bad after all this time. Is it? Or is it more viable to boomstick it to the AA12?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

Player hitboxes are wayyyy too big and one dude standing in a doorway turns it into a 6 stooges skit.

KF1 had this problem but the hitboxes were usually small enough to squeeze by in most cases.

Player collision is disabled on my server :smug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress YEA, first Hans Suicidal kill.

Teamwork is SO important, I actually love that the zerk can't just solo things anymore, you need everyone alive, its awesome.

Team composition was 3 zerks, support, medic and commando, zerks where level 8(me) 10 and 15, medic was 14, commando was 12 and the support was 14, you pretty much need to kite the entire time, for hans have the zerk tank him while the medic plays nurse on whomever Hans is focused, quick swapping between all the guns is super important to keep heals up.

Its a ton of fun, tense, really loving hectic, seriously this game is GOTY as far as I'm concerned.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Can we talk about how terrifying Scrakes are in this game. Their crazy eyes, the way they actually point at the poor dude they are about to gently caress the gently caress up. Honestly they are more unnerving then Fleshpounds

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I think I actually keep a higher sustained fire rate with the boomstick than stock gun because of the fast reload and fire rate, while the stock is just painfully slow at both. Plus the double clears out trash enough that reloading is safer. I don't know, YMMV, but goddamn do I love everything about the double-barrel.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Ravenfood posted:

I think I actually keep a higher sustained fire rate with the boomstick than stock gun because of the fast reload and fire rate, while the stock is just painfully slow at both. Plus the double clears out trash enough that reloading is safer. I don't know, YMMV, but goddamn do I love everything about the double-barrel.

:whatup:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Speaking of, I get the feeling the Combat Shotgun is still bad after all this time. Is it? Or is it more viable to boomstick it to the AA12?

The combat shotgun, if the in game stats are to be believed, is 25 damage over the vanilla shotgun's 20. I'm hazy on which reloads faster because that's the kind of thing I'm not so good at eyeballing without a stopwatch or something.

It is still $1,100, 8 weight, and hold 6 shots instead of 8 so at least to me personally it feels like you got seriously ripped off just for the "privilege" of a semi-auto support weapon that isn't the AA12.

AA12 is 1,500, 10 weight, over 30 more ammo, and has both semi and full auto modes for comparison. At least with the Boomstick vs Stock, I get the feeling if I got less poo poo then I'd never so much as touch the stock shotgun over the boomstick at the first opportunity (and the Boomstick weighs less than the generic shotgun too). Not so much with the combat shotgun, it's just... sort of there taking up space.

EDIT: The weapons currently in game that weigh 8 or more.
Combat shotgun (8)
Flamethrower (8)
AA12 (10)
Eviscerator (10)

One of these is not like the others. The Combat shotgun probably only weighs so much to try and justify the Support +5 weight perk "So they can have a Combat shotgun and AA12, because those are the two best shotguns right? :pseudo:"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 23, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, the M4 is real bad and needs to weigh a lot less (drop it to 6, drop the A12 to 8-9) so you can have it as an upgrade to the Mossberg alongside the AA12. As it is the weight means you can't use it alongside an AA12, the price means you don't actually want to buy it anyway because you could just save for an AA12 instead, and the tiny magazine and shell-by-shell reload are a huge liability.

That, or I'd be okay with seeing the M4 and double barrel swap tiers. Make the M4 a Mossberg that has a smaller magazine but fires semi-auto with the same damage, and buff the hunting shotgun's damage so it's delivers a much bigger spike of damage like it did in KF1.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Medic guns look like Nerf guns and I always get the medic shotgun and assault rifle confused because they kind of look the same in first person.

Is there a reason to go from medic SMG to assault rifle. The SMG seems better in almost every way.

:v:
Dunno how it could look better without losing the cool modular design though

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

:v:
Dunno how it could look better without losing the cool modular design though

Make the scope colors different. Red for shotgun, green for smg, blue for pistol, yellow for rifle. That would help but it would gently caress with colorblind people, I think.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
What's the difference between fullscreen and borderless? Which one should I use?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ryuga Death posted:

What's the difference between fullscreen and borderless? Which one should I use?

Fullscreen is a full, monitor highjacking dedication. Borderless is windowed mode, but just without the border on it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
The medic assault rifle is the best healing gun because it can burst fire 4/5 darts rapidly, it uses less dart ammo and regens it quicker.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Make the scope colors different. Red for shotgun, green for smg, blue for pistol, yellow for rifle. That would help but it would gently caress with colorblind people, I think.

Maybe shells on the side or a spas-12 style folded stock on the shotgun would be enough, would look pretty cool too

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That, or I'd be okay with seeing the M4 and double barrel swap tiers. Make the M4 a Mossberg that has a smaller magazine but fires semi-auto with the same damage, and buff the hunting shotgun's damage so it's delivers a much bigger spike of damage like it did in KF1.

I was thinking the same thing pretty much. The Combat shotgun weighs and costs way too much for what you get. I'd rather have a SG 500 over it.

However, I'm also in love with a cheap yet powerful boomstick. If we were going to make it cost 1100, it has to either have a major damage boost per pellet or a couple more pellets to extend its optimal range a tiny bit since the spread makes even the alt fire not so effective at killing anything above clots and crawlers past short range.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Skoll posted:

You seemed to be describing the Sharpshooter from KF 1 is all. A lot of KF vets will tell you that the Commando has no place in "high level" play because it was pretty much useless compared to anything else you could take into Suicidal or Hell on Earth. They were also quite squishy as a result of not being able to take anything higher than a Husk solo on anything over Hard. That should explain their buffed health and damage bonuses because it looks like TWI is trying to make them a viable "end game" class.

Unfortunately though one thing that really made the Commando great was lowered recoil as you leveled and that seems to have been removed. A lot of the Commando perk combinations don't seem to make sense with what they're paired with for you to pick from and the Nightvision that Beserker and Commando have access to is pretty much useless. If they're going to do extremely dark maps like they used to, something like Nightvision should be an all inclusive thing instead of just limited to two classes that have no real use for them.

There was techniques for commandos to take out scrakes and fp's in kf1. It was totally viable on HOE. It just has a high skill cap.

Same with support as well. FP's you'd throw two grenades at its feet, double barrel it to the face, reload and do it it again and it'd die. For scrakes you take the axe and hit it in the head to stun it (first axe to the head with any class will give 1 stun, zerk could endlessly stun this way). Then you crouch and aim double barrel just under its chin and fire both barrels. The shot would clip through different sections of its body doing damage to each and through its head 1 shotting it and launching it through the air.

I imagine that certain combos will surface in KF2, and I hope they do because they were really hard to pull off, but once you got it down you were unstoppable. But one little slip and you'd die.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Hi, I found a glitch in the game where I can't put sunglasses on Mr. Foster please fix soon tia.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

The color of the scope changes based on its healing capacity already

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Just make the glowy neon lines on the weapon a different colour for the shotgun and rifle since those are the two it's easy to confuse. It shouldn't be too hard to offer a colour-blind mode.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just make the glowy neon lines on the weapon a different colour for the shotgun and rifle since those are the two it's easy to confuse. It shouldn't be too hard to offer a colour-blind mode.

Put a sticky note on the side of your gun that says "SHOTGUN" or "ASSAULT" on it. These sticky notes can come in different colors if desired.

Bonus: They can get covered in blood so your Reload when full animation is putting on a fresh sticky note.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Even if they can't, it wouldn't be worse than the "everything is the same color" scheme we have going on right now

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tripwire, please consider adding in SIG SG 550 rifle variants for commando (or sharpshooter) when you get the chance.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, the M4 is real bad and needs to weigh a lot less (drop it to 6, drop the A12 to 8-9) so you can have it as an upgrade to the Mossberg alongside the AA12. As it is the weight means you can't use it alongside an AA12, the price means you don't actually want to buy it anyway because you could just save for an AA12 instead, and the tiny magazine and shell-by-shell reload are a huge liability.

My main issue is the price being ridiculous. You can save 400 more dosh and get the ultimate Scrake and Fleshpound-buster instead of what feels like a Mossberg 500 sidegrade. A Boomstick and AA-12 is going to get you a lot farther than a Boomstick and Combat Shotgun will.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the combat shotgun is a terrible joke that i only bought once

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Combat Shotgun really does needs something on the positive side of the equation other than "semi-automatic" because right now on the negative that's up against "restricted ammo, long reloads, expensive and heavy"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I buy the combat shotgun all the time because I am a Bad Player and that means I just run down the list from least expensive to most as I get the dosh

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
104.156.246.12:7777
Need 3 for hard mode 7 wave.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How do you search by IP address? Can't see an add server button anywhere.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I just got it and it's amazing. As a KF veteran, I got into it pretty quickly. A few questions though:

1. Does running with a melee weapon improve your speed like in KF 1?

2. I soloed a normal game but died on Hans. What are the best ways to kill him?

3. Any good leveling up strategies aside from the basic kill stuff, don't die kind of thing?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Combat shotgun continues to get shafted. :v:

I've played for a couple of hours so far and it seems like a pretty solid upgrade. Would like to point out a couple of things though:

- There should be the option to make sprinting the default action instead of having to hold down a key, given that there is no stamina involved and any action that cannot be done while sprinting interrupts it anyway. This is also the case in Evolve.

- Putting the auto-fill button where the sell button used to be (relative to the equipment panel) is really confusing at first. Also swapping the melee weapons slot for the primary weapons slot. Is there a reason for these changes...? I'm not saying it isn't easily fixable, I'm just saying it seems unnecessary to begin with.

- Hans' invincibility during his grab attack is still unintuitive, but I'm sure everyone else has already beaten that dead horse.

- Is there an XP reward for clearing all the waves of a round? It seems kinda weird that there's no reward at all for participating in a full round.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

splifyphus posted:

bring down the console and type open [ip address] without the brackets. pw is lljk

Got it, cheers.