Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"anime" is typically shorthand for "this is actively insulting my intelligence" (see: FFXIII) or "this is not how people act in any situation, ever, realistic or otherwise" (again, see FFXIII)

Xenoblade doesn't start doing that until about 70-80% of the way through the game. Until then we're treated to characters acting in a relatively believable manner to their situations with natural cause and effect style storytelling and frankly excellent worldbuilding.

this isn't what people mean

sharrrk posted:

Anime owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Anime owns

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Guys Fire Emblem isn't anime because if it is that means me and my smash brothers friends are weeaboos and we need something to separate ourselves from those weeaboos who watch cartoon characters and collect plastic toys of them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i think anime is just okay

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"anime" is typically shorthand for "this is actively insulting my intelligence" (see: FFXIII) or "this is not how people act in any situation, ever, realistic or otherwise" (again, see FFXIII)

"anime" is typically shorthand for "cool and good" (see: FFXIII)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If Final Fantasy 13 is your definition of anime you have not played enough loving videogames.

Like Zelda is an anime game, all of the Zeldas are anime games. Like it's staring you in the face saying I'm Zelda I'm a motherfucking anime game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I actually have seen people complain about Zelda being "too anime" lately. Granted, the sorts of people saying that are generally crazies like Sean Malstrom.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Other Nintendo Properties that are anime:
Mario(and anything Mario related)
F-Zero
Pokemon
Fire Emblem
Earthbound
Metroid

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think anime can sometimes be good and can also sometimes be bad. Much like most things.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Smash brothers has more anime guys than the entire cast of King of Fighters.

That's how high the bar has risen. A Party game has more anime dudes than one of the pillars of the fighting game community.

The only one that's holding back is probably Rareware styled Donkey Kong, but old style Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong and Super Mario Kart was an anime guy. But Anime Donkey Kong is in the new Adam Sandler movie.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
You forgot Kirby and Starfox. Both are anime and have anime shows based off them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Star Fox has an anime? Where I can watch it? No dubs. Dubs for scrubs.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Now that Nintendo is publishing, Bayonetta counts for this too. :)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neo Rasa posted:

Now that Nintendo is publishing, Bayonetta counts for this too. :)

Sega Still owns the Bayonetta franchise and Nintendo only paid for the sequel. Bayonetta is still held by Sega and much like Miku Hatsune is primarily a sega character.

Now it would be different like if nintendo bought Platinum just like how Sony bought From Software. But no Nintendo only got a single game out of the deal with Bayonetta and that was it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Taint Reaper posted:

Sega Still owns the Bayonetta franchise and Nintendo only paid for the sequel. Bayonetta is still held by Sega and much like Miku Hatsune is primarily a sega character.

Now it would be different like if nintendo bought Platinum just like how Sony bought From Software. But no Nintendo only got a single game out of the deal with Bayonetta and that was it.

I still vote for Bayonetta in Smash once a day.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neo Rasa posted:

Bayonetta is appearing in Project X Zone 2 and not Smash brothers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

semper anime
semper games

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

You're only allowed one vote.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPKHM-VzhGU

Here's a trailer for the Amiibo VC Demo thing. It doesn't really show anything new, but for some reason Mach Rider has as many scenes as Super Mario World, and one more than Super Metroid. I'm not actually sure how that works out.

Also this is great.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oops!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 1, Wonderful 101. A single game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 1, Wonderful 101. A single game.

Wonderful 101 wasn't part of Bayonetta nor was it owned by Sega. and Bayonetta 1 was a re-release that came with Bayonetta 2. Like You can't buy bayonetta 2 in America without Bayonetta 1 coming with it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I think it's hilarious how much goons hate anime when most of the things they play are anime as gently caress.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I think it's hilarious how much goons hate anime when most of the things they play are anime as gently caress.

It's not anime because I like it and am above anime unlike the commoner trash.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Looper posted:

No

You're going to buy it anyway, as am I, but please don't 100% it

Actually, the resounding "hell no" from the thread as completely turned off what little interest I had. I will just play the Galaxy games for the umpteenth time instead.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know what anime is a catchall for. Hint: It isn't a catchall for anime, but for a certain kind of anime. Mainly the chibi stuff, or the super boobs look at high school stuff, or the excited yelling teenager stuff. If characters look fairly close to human beings and don't spout fountains of blood from their nose because they are embarrassed they saw a woman, then fall over and there are wavy lines and a giant teardrop on their head, people generally do not mind.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

semper anime
semper games

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The year is 2015 and people still worry about playing games that are too anime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

majormonotone posted:

People still get defensive about Nintendo like it's 1993 and worry about if Blast processing is real.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

If you play video games, then you have a preference towards anime. Anyone who's so vehemently against it, is just rebelling against their true feelings. It's OK. Soon, anime will consume all.

In short:

oddium posted:

semper anime
semper games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

greatn posted:

You know what anime is a catchall for. Hint: It isn't a catchall for anime, but for a certain kind of anime. Mainly the chibi stuff, or the super boobs look at high school stuff, or the excited yelling teenager stuff. If characters look fairly close to human beings and don't spout fountains of blood from their nose because they are embarrassed they saw a woman, then fall over and there are wavy lines and a giant teardrop on their head, people generally do not mind.

chibi highschool dating sim Xenoblade X

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Goons don't hate anime. They hate anime fans.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

Goons don't hate anime. They hate anime fans.

That just means they're self hating.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
"Anime" is a word planted in the minds of all goons that causes them to immediately disregard the security of their taints

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
There are certain levels of anime, like the colors in a threat system.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

majormonotone posted:

If you're not careful while you play Xenoblade you'll wind up going to work in Naruto cosplay.

nah, jk, Xenoblade has (actual near end-game spoilers, actually seriously do not click but this spoiler is perfect for the joke i am currently ruining) the main guy getting together with his childhood friend robot with boobs that was possessed by the goddess of the planet so it's more anime than Naruto anyway.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I dont think I ever got an answer, but this is important:

Does the DK rap still say "hell" on VC?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Anime" is shorthand for Japanese animation that resembles cartoons that were animated in japan that were then poorly dubbed in the US and if you allow yourself to be in prolonged contact with them your cock will fall off as a result of being in contact with stuff that isn't american. Please anime responsibly. Do not operate a motor vehicle within 4 hours of watching anime. Do not anime if you have a heart condition or are susceptible to seizures. If you or a loved one start using honorifics or buying mini-figures, you may have animed too hard. In this case, the recommended treatment is to bitch about it on Internet forums until the anime leaves you.

Trent posted:

I dont think I ever got an answer, but this is important:

Does the DK rap still say "hell" on VC?

Yes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

• Locked thread