Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Can't Oliver just move the League's base of operations to Starling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Cause they know it will corrupt him.

He can literally just say "Nope, we're not doing things that way anymore"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Meanwhile Laurel's back home right now screaming at things

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Felicity redeemed her whole character for the season this episode

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

howe_sam posted:

Basement of Verdant perhaps? It's impenetrable.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm not used to Ras not being a merciless killer.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I love how nonchalant Ollie was about Ra's possibly decapitating Maseo. At this point's he's like "yeah gently caress this guy" too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ra's has a kid so I'm not sure he did such a good job cleansing.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
That Al-Sahhim reveal at the end was pretty sick.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that outfit owns so hard :flashfap:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

howe_sam posted:

Considering the preview for next week seems to have in back in Starling already he may not have to.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Preview for those of you who don't get to see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dwRuh5CuA

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Aphrodite posted:

He can literally just say "Nope, we're not doing things that way anymore"

Alright guys, we're taking up knitting. We are now the League of Colorful Sweaters.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

imperialparadox posted:

Alright guys, we're taking up knitting. We are now the League of Colorful Sweaters.

Barrowman: :swoon:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God dammit Diggle great Indiana Jones impression but don't fire a loving gun in the league of assassins temple. who the hell else has a gun man? It's obviously you guys making the racket

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddam world weary Ra's is the best. Just so sadly owning Felicity.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Yeah that outfit owns so hard :flashfap:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
If it feels like the writing has been outsourced to Tumblr after the previous writers moved over to The Flash. The show has declined even more rapidly than Heroes, which I would have never imagined possible.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The DC Embargo is ridiculous, they really are scaping the bottom of the barrel for heroes on this show:

Never even heard of that guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No writers moved.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TyrantWD posted:

If it feels like the writing has been outsourced to Tumblr after the previous writers moved over to The Flash. The show has declined even more rapidly than Heroes, which I would have never imagined possible.

The episode was good I don't know what you're talking about.]

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah what a departure from a guy who does all that same poo poo except Bruce Wayne.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 23, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I really can't loving stand this version of Ra's, and I say this despite actually enjoying the episode. His entire characterization is that he's got such a wet throbbing crush on Oliver Queen that he absolutely must have Oliver Queen as his heir and will not allow anyone or anything to stand in the way of Oliver Queen being his heir no matter what, and thereby conducts elaborate worldbending schemes to get his way because he just loves Oliver Queen so much, no one else can compare.

He's Cupid, that's what he is. Such a letdown from the buildup to the League back in season 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah what a departure from a guy who does all that same poo poo except Bruce Wayne.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What does the League of Assassins do, exactly?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Assassinate people. Try to gently caress over the world to the point they can fix things the way they want it.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I'll say it again but the League of Assassins and Ra's have been one of my favorite Batman plots and it's awesome to see them using the these elements in this show. Arrow is obviously pseudo-batman but the League of Assassins work with him from this show so much better than Batman because as Oliver said "I was an assassin". He's doesn't have the same level of "no killing" baggage as Batman and he's had a lot more wetwork type experience through his flashback training with ARGUS and Wilson so it actually makes sense that he could do the job, and isn't just being picked because he's all around awesome.

I wasn't that stoked when I heard about Matt Nable being cast but seriously he is KILLING it with his world weary hundred year old performance and its amazing. He's not trying to ape David Warner or Liam Neeson and its really great to see a fresh take on an old character (ha).

Of course if you don't really like the league of assassins I can see why you might not like this season, but since Deathstroke and Ra's are two of my all time favorite DC villains I've been pretty loving happy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

At least this version of Ra's hasn't tried hooking Ollie in by pimping one of his daughters to him.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I don't mind this version of Ras, I just don't get what he sees in Oliver exactly (or I guess it's just a prophecy thing?). I mean, Oliver is just some dude that he easily killed, among a sea of other dudes. :shrug:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just watched the episode. Man Ra's is the shittiest assassin ever. Two point blank stabbings and he kills neither of the Queens. It was an ok table setter episode I guess? The preview looked good at least. I think someone posted in the thread but it sure does seem that they wrote the season from the ending first and then went backwards from there. I'm sick of Barrowman. Hooray for Olicity I guess...?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He killed Thea. She was on life support and the doctor's recommendation was to pull the plug.

Not killing her outright was the point, Ollie had to see it and be desperate.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Only a couple more episodes until Barry Allen unleashes the time voodoo and erases all of Ollie's terrible decisions this season :yayclod:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I guess I just don't see the point between nearly dead and completely dead. I was just being an rear end in a top hat. So Ra's speech to Felicity confirms that there is no Talia al Ghul in Arrowverse right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked Ra's scene with Felicity, but I wish Diggle had confronted him instead, I think they'd have a very interesting conversation.

Ra's got Ollie laid for the first time in almost two years, so good on him.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xtanstic posted:

I guess I just don't see the point between nearly dead and completely dead. I was just being an rear end in a top hat. So Ra's speech to Felicity confirms that there is no Talia al Ghul in Arrowverse right?

You probably make rotten miracles.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Ra's al Ghul turning out to be a huge Ollicity shipper is hilarious, this show went balls-out insane

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Xtanstic posted:

I don't think so. It's implied that the girl couldn't be Nyssa, so he'd have to meet another woman in which to have her. Perhaps Talia does exist but we just never see her?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like how Felicity's stupid roofie Oliver panic plan was considered dumb by everybody then ended up not working.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Man all the Feliver shippers on Twitter or whatever are probably freaking out right now. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Welp that was stupid!

In a twist of epic proportions, Barry's time chicanery is going to actually benefit everyone for once.

Except Caitlin.

Poor Caitlin :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007
I'm just catching up now on DVR and I have to say I'm impressed that Arrow is the first show I've seen in recent memory where the doctors actually try to defibrillate a patient who's vfib and stop when Thea goes into asystole.

• Locked thread