Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh drat, the burst fire on the Varmint Rifle feels awful. I think it might actually be worse as a rapid fire tool than semi. The burst needs to be much faster, right now it's so chunky and slow and bad :(

The semi-automatic mode is great, though. I always just stick it in semi first thing and don't look back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Is it possible to parry a charging Fleshpound?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Any other servers up? Goon squad one is full and the one I was just on seems to have dropped.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

This game's alright

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wooo! Just got my first boss kill, 7 rounds on normal in the bio lab. Communication is so loving important in this game, we would not have made it without talking.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
With how often zeds launch 20 feet up into the air to clear railings (quite often right when I was about to headshoots) giving them trouble, it would be great if players got a bit more leeway for hopping over railings. I keep trying to hop them and instead just bouncing off because I wasn't already rubbing up against the thing hard enough to impregnate it before I pushed jump.

"Okay, I'll just hop over this railing instead of killing the last slasher so I can be closer than 100m to the trader when the *bounces off railing* oh you mother fucker *grabbed by slasher from behind * yes this is clearly my fault, really. Oh NOW I can hop over the railing on the first try t:mad:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

parrying is good and I am bad at parrying

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I'm going to bed now, this group is gonna go private tomorrow when I get up and be more of a pain to join, get in while it's public. We'll be doing announcements for Suicidal/HoE in the near future.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonfloor2

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
173.199.89.138:7777 is back up and needs people. Hard mode, 10 waves.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
What are the keys things you guys think new players should know? There's a lot of poo poo to know in this game and as a total beginner I want to get yelled at as few times as possible. Here are a few questions I have:

Is right click the same attack as "melee bash" if you are holding a melee weapon?

What is the best way to spend your money?

What items are priority/should you save for the first rounds for a big item?

Which weapons are considered the best for commando and berserker?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Oh drat, the burst fire on the Varmint Rifle feels awful. I think it might actually be worse as a rapid fire tool than semi. The burst needs to be much faster, right now it's so chunky and slow and bad :(

The semi-automatic mode is great, though. I always just stick it in semi first thing and don't look back.

I do the same thing. The burst-fire is pretty much useless.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

eriddy posted:

Is right click the same attack as "melee bash" if you are holding a melee weapon?

No. Bash is equivalent to one left-click, or the first attack in your left-click combo, which is the light attack combo. Right-click is the heavy attack and may have additional effects (e.g. the Berserker shotgun hammer explosive shell).

Get whatever tier 2 weapon you feel like using and get ammo, then save up for your T4.

The best weapon is always the T4 weapon except for the Berserker where you might want the hammer instead of the eviscerator. Just grab the two most expensive weapons in your perk weapon group and you're set (or the most expensive one and the next one down if the T3 won't fit due to weight).

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Hi i never played kf1. Bought it after stumbling onto some streamer playing it. Played it for 8 hours straight, only killed hanz with goons and already i love it. Pubbies suck all kinds of rear end and the first game i played with them, they were out of ammo mid round or two of them would die every round starting at round 1.

The auto shotty is hilariously op. Soloing scrakes, clearing out everything, support is the best class.

3 maps doesn't mean anything when it feels different every time, minus pubbies who demand we defend in a certain spot for 7 rounds. Although, last night one guy wouldn't talk or buy armor, just ask for dosh. So me and another guy gave ours to him and then we decided to protect him as he ran around the map like a madman and threw dosh at enemies. That was actually good fun. 10/10 would give a mute with a shovel all my dosh again.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah Eviscerator isn't good, Pulverizer/Nailgun is the best Zerker loadout right now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No. Bash is equivalent to one left-click, or the first attack in your left-click combo, which is the light attack combo. Right-click is the heavy attack and may have additional effects (e.g. the Berserker shotgun hammer explosive shell).

Get whatever tier 2 weapon you feel like using and get ammo, then save up for your T4.

The best weapon is always the T4 weapon except for the Berserker where you might want the hammer instead of the eviscerator. Just grab the two most expensive weapons in your perk weapon group and you're set (or the most expensive one and the next one down if the T3 won't fit due to weight).
Also which heavy swing you do is dependent on which movement key, so holding down forward while heavy attacking with the shovel will do an overhead swing, while holding down left/right will cause your character to swing left/right respectively, and holding down back does an upward swing. Handy because the left and right swings have a wider arc to them. Also you can launch zeds upwards with the up swing!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

eriddy posted:

What are the keys things you guys think new players should know? There's a lot of poo poo to know in this game and as a total beginner I want to get yelled at as few times as possible. Here are a few questions I have:

Right click is the heavy swing/shotgun blast, left click is the same as the bash

Prioritize weapons for your perks and make sure you have body armor every wave past 2/3. You can buy off-perk weapons, but you should wait until you're set up to be most effective as your perk first.

Zerker needs the pulverizer to function on higher waves so you should prioritize it. The nail gun is amazing at clearing out trash and you should grab a medic smg if you're rolling in cash (you will be).

The Scar is fantastic and you should have a back-up rifle like the bullpup for dealing with clots, gorefasts, and crawlers. Also keep your rifles on semi-auto by clicking middle mouse and go for headshots. Only switch to full-auto for emergency situations

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Don't be afraid to use your baby 9mm pistol to kill trash (Cysts, clots, slashers, crawlers, the occasional gorefast) in the early waves, or even later ones just to conserve ammo for your fun guns (Hmm, do I want to use an entire shotgun cell for a lone clot? Do I want to walk all the way over there to shovel a Bloat to death, or shoot him in the face so he doesn't spit on me?)

Your 9mm still counts for your active perk experience with it's kills too. Same with your default tiny melee, the M2 swing with a scalpel can slice a clot in half if you nail them in the head.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So this is weird, both mine and my buddies have voices going through our speakers, but everything else through headset? Cant figure out how to get voice in teh headset, anyone had this issue?

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Mr. Crow posted:

So this is weird, both mine and my buddies have voices going through our speakers, but everything else through headset? Cant figure out how to get voice in teh headset, anyone had this issue?

Yes. I had to exit the game and set my default communication and default output to my headset, then open the game back up. If you switch to your headset after the game starts, voice will come out the speakers. It's an odd quirk.

cindel
Sep 15, 2004

Cooler than Riddick.

Kris xK posted:

The new medic gun healing lock on is a loving godsend and I love it and whoever came up with.

Seriously, best QoL improvement in the game so far.

Agree 100%. Honestly I rarely used guns to heal in KF1 because lining it up just in time for your team mate to spaz out of the way was ridiculous whereas following people with the stim gun was just easy.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
KF2 steam folder > engine > config > baseinput file, turn mouse smoothing off, see if that helps with aim everyone. If not do my docs > my games > kf2 > kfgame > config > KFInput and do the same.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Sometimes if you're too close to a Zed, the barrel will be kinda sticking through them and the pellets will fire from the gun but not connect with them. Kinda annoying when you're cornered/run right up on a Zed and too close for your bullets to connect.

Also, I kind of wish the regular shotgun had a bit more pellets or more of a spread. It feels more like a hunting rifle now, it's not very good to hip fire. I miss the KF1 vanilla pump action :cry:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

StabMasterArson posted:

:v:
Dunno how it could look better without losing the cool modular design though

On the shotgun, I'd flip the "scope" panel downward towards the player so it makes a little ramp with the top of the gun's back half and just put a huge, scope-filling 0-10 numerical readout on it.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Don't be afraid to use your baby 9mm pistol to kill trash (Cysts, clots, slashers, crawlers, the occasional gorefast) in the early waves, or even later ones just to conserve ammo for your fun guns (Hmm, do I want to use an entire shotgun cell for a lone clot? Do I want to walk all the way over there to shovel a Bloat to death, or shoot him in the face so he doesn't spit on me?)

Your 9mm still counts for your active perk experience with it's kills too. Same with your default tiny melee, the M2 swing with a scalpel can slice a clot in half if you nail them in the head.

I'm getting used to the 9mm actually being useful as a non-Sharp. :P It's particualry helpful with Support, as you don't really spawn in with a lot of ammo for the Mossberg 500. Unless you see a juicy multikill, just use the 9mm.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Not applicable for medic since the T3 weapon is a shotgun. T4 is just an upgrade of T3, having a mixture of shotgun and either the SMG or AR gives the medic a lot more versitility than only having SMG/AR. I find the medic SMG is good enough that it can last a good, long while with proper trigger control. Medics aren't really heavy hitters compared to others so it's fine (and important) to focus mainly on trash clearing. Your main job when the big guys show up is to toss healing grenades down for the heavy hitters to bathe in and keep clots and crawlers off of them.

The fact that healing grenades actively poison zeds, and do enough damage to murder trash (making them a zone of healy death) really reinforces my idea that medics really should focus on trash second (healing first).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
My rule is to never buy the T3 weapon as Commando or Support, but do so as Zerk or Medic. It works very well.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Has there been any release date for perks aside from "when its done"? Because while I'm enjoying the lock on medic bullets I cant wait to start setting zeds on fire.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

closeted republican posted:

I'm getting used to the 9mm actually being useful as a non-Sharp. :P It's particualry helpful with Support, as you don't really spawn in with a lot of ammo for the Mossberg 500. Unless you see a juicy multikill, just use the 9mm.

Despite what I just said I still use my shotguns on lone clots and crawlers a hell of a lot more than I should. "I could switch to my pistol, or machete, or even that varmint rifle I picked up off the ground. Or wait for that crawler to get closer to him.. gently caress it, I got two barrels"

On the subject of Trash, I've always been curious where Gorefasts fall in that consideration. Their heads still pop off readily enough, especially in this game. But KF1 a lot of my support random pubbie play time was "I am the only person murdering gorefasts, but I am okay with that"

Back in KF1 they seem to land in this oddball area where they are just nonthreatening/annoying enough compared to everything else above clots and crawlers they just sort of slipped through the cracks of attention and I'd always see one bashing a player in the back of the skull because they were too busy 360 noscoping every clot in existence, or (rightfully so) paying more attention to a scrake, fleshpound, or some rear end in a top hat shooting them with a ranged attack.

Akumos posted:

Gorefasts are really meaningless, before engaging Scrakes/FP I just nade crowds down(kill sirens first) so they die to that, and if you're just holding hallways or whatever I just pistol them in the head like clots.

Yeah, while I'm a terrible casual at KF I do kinda wish Gorefasts were a bit more notable compared to clots. I mean, I worry about CRAWLERS more than Gorefasts just because crawlers are annoying, more so as melee or "My shotgun spread is being wasted hitting the ground :qq:"

Maybe if Gorefasts loved sprinting even on Normal difficulty? I mean, they got fast right in their name.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 23, 2015

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Why should one use nightvision?

Because it's cool :c00lbert:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Gorefasts are really meaningless, before engaging Scrakes/FP I just nade crowds down(kill sirens first) so they die to that, and if you're just holding hallways or whatever I just pistol them in the head like clots.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I never played KF1 but this sounds really awesome. How finished is it for Early Access? Is it something that will easily burn you out due it's early-accessy nature?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I just ran into level 25s and I'm wondering whether or not this is the benefit of betaing. I mean, they were fun enough to know how to money rain so they couldn't be that bad even if they played with their character data.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

I never played KF1 but this sounds really awesome. How finished is it for Early Access? Is it something that will easily burn you out due it's early-accessy nature?

While there are only-
4 out of 10 classes.
3 maps.
1 boss.

It's polished and complete enough that it makes most things put out in "Early Access" look bad. The recent beta was to get the initial wave of :cripes: bugs out of the way then instead of EA, so they can spend more of their EA time on actual gameplay development instead of bandaid fixes. More classes are forthcoming in the next months. They do plan on stat resets along the way, but the price isn't going to change between EA and Release.

I am a terrible casual at Killing Floor and I like the style of this one much more than the first one. A large part of that is because now you start off with a proper weapon based on your class (Support starts with a pump action, Commando starts with an semi auto/burst rifle, etc) and the difficulty levels don't ramp up health, instead adding more aggressive AI and unlocking new attacks (Husk has unlocked flamethrower spray! Bloat has unlocked Fat-Man-Can-Sprint-oh-poo poo).

Also there is now an option to turn on a crosshair when not ironsight aming if you are a huge baby like me. It's pretty wide even on more accurate weapons, but just having it's presence on the screen does wonders for hipfiring enemies in the skull.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 23, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, they're going to reset levels during and after EA?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Section Z posted:

While there are only-
4 out of 10 classes.
3 maps.
1 boss.

It's polished and complete enough that it makes most things put out in "Early Access" look bad. The recent beta was to get the initial wave of :cripes: bugs out of the way then instead of EA, so they can spend more of their EA time on actual gameplay development instead of bandaid fixes. More classes are forthcoming in the next months. They do plan on stat resets along the way, but the price isn't going to change between EA and Release.

I am a terrible casual at Killing Floor and I like the style of this one much more than the first one. A large part of that is because now you start off with a proper weapon based on your class (Support starts with a pump action, Commando starts with an semi auto/burst rifle, etc) and the difficulty levels don't ramp up health, instead adding more aggressive AI and unlocking new attacks (Husk has unlocked flamethrower spray! Bloat has unlocked Fat-Man-Can-Sprint-oh-poo poo).

Also there is now an option to turn on a crosshair when not ironsight aming if you are a huge baby like me. It's pretty wide even on more accurate weapons, but just having it's presence on the screen does wonders for hipfiring enemies in the skull.

Thanks for the info. 3 maps during EA is understandable but I think I'd get pretty bored of that. I'll probably still pick it sometime then since price won't change but sounds like I should go ahead and wait for it to get some more fleshed out.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Xaris posted:

Thanks for the info. 3 maps during EA is understandable but I think I'd get pretty bored of that. I'll probably still pick it sometime then since price won't change but sounds like I should go ahead and wait for it to get some more fleshed out.

Well don't worry. Just figure out how to work the included SDK/UDK that you should've gotten from buying the game and you can make more maps! And who knows! Once we get Patriarch/Matriarch in the game, we'll probably have multi-boss rounds from the modders/creators.

EDIT: Oh, while I'm at it... how the gently caress does parrying work? Is it all in timing? Does it just stagger zeds? What makes it awesome?

widespread fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 23, 2015

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm playing as a zerker and finding it rather weak, his level up options suck too :(

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Have 2 extra keys from a 6-pack if anyone is interested, $25.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hot Jam posted:

HOW DO I GET?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JoshVanValkenburg/

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Hot Jam posted:

I'll take a key http://steamcommunity.com/id/cyborgjesus/ .