Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

closeted republican posted:

Are the configs actually useful, or is it like the Unreal 2 Grenade Launcher, where it gives you a lot of options, but the only one you'll ever use is the default frag grenade?

Some were more useful than others, but iirc it had stuff like options for cluster payloads and homing rockets, so there was reason to use stuff aside from the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

horse mans posted:

Don't be out! The whole point of this is to tweak this until it works for as many people as possible. I've fixed the build so it should work for everyone on 10.5 and up, and updated the URL above.

Just wanted to say that I'm playing Brutal Doom on your latest build now, and I'm having a blast! Running 10.9.5.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Holy poo poo. Don't know if anybody's caught this yet, but...

Finally, we have official art of the Probjectile, Spray Rifle and Unmaker as described in the Doom Bible! It's just HUD icons as far as I've seen--still going through everything--but that's a hell of a lot more than we had.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Holy poo poo. Don't know if anybody's caught this yet, but...

Finally, we have official art of the Probjectile, Spray Rifle and Unmaker as described in the Doom Bible! It's just HUD icons as far as I've seen--still going through everything--but that's a hell of a lot more than we had.

:ssh: Those are hidden in the Doom 0.2 alpha's files.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Are you sure? I know some of them are in, but I was under the impression that those three icons were missing from that alpha.

EDIT: Son of a bitch, they ARE in there. All this time I was under the impression that there were icons missing from it...

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 23, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I love how you guys are practically Indiana Jonesing over all of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm also impressed. I'm not being sarcastic, I love it.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Say hello to the item sprites, circa 2/4/1993.

It's a pity that we never got to see the idea of 31 brown jugs come to fruition.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
What was the probjectile going to be?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Looks like a harpoon pistol of some sort. Dark Claw looks interesting, haven't heard of that one before.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Segmentation Fault posted:

What was the probjectile going to be?

I read something about it maybe listing monster stats, from back when there were rpg elements planned and the hud was more detailed.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Flannelette posted:

It's a pity that we never got to see the idea of 31 brown jugs come to fruition.

I know! It's such bullshit. Those jars really could've changed the metagame for the better if they were included.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I updated that compiled snapshot of the Doom 2 maps to add the missing textures from Romero's asset dump and re-do the inclusion of Doom 1 textures to fix a bug that made more vanilla-y ports very upset.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

KISS Psycho Circus just seems like such a loving mess. Kiss the band to begin with was a mess, they started out glam-rock but then decided they wanted to be harder, while still playing disco music. So you have the name "kiss" but then you've got the face paint and clothing which look like they're from a heavy metal band. Although While Gene had the demon face paint, Peter Criss had ... cat makeup?! I mean seriously, the band is "demon, starchild, spaceman and catman" .... what?! Then they had the whole kiss army.... It just always felt to me like KISS was a band that had 4 completely different people in it who couldn't make up their minds on anything.
The Drew Carey show had an episode where he tries to do the right thing after his dad, who he didn't have a good relationship, dies. So he orders him a nice coffin online, back in the 90s before everyone was doing it, a nice wood one with the Marine Corps crest on it but somebody fucks up and sends him a KISS KOFFIN instead. As it turns out the thing his dad hated most in life was glam-rock. So Lewis and Oswald steal a flag from a post office to hide it under. I think that was the only good thing to ever come out of KISS.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 23, 2015

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
what the hell is wrong with you nerds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxGHYdUBHiM

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Dark Claw looks interesting, haven't heard of that one before.

It got used in a bunch of mods. ZDCMP2 had it - pretty fun weapon.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love how you guys are practically Indiana Jonesing over all of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm also impressed. I'm not being sarcastic, I love it.

Raiders of the lost WAD

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Raiders of the lost WAD

Kingdom of the Crystal Skulltag.

Ninja edit: Temple of... DOOM?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

About all I remember about KISS Psycho Circus is there probably being a demo for it on one of my Official Dreamcast Magazine demo discs that I never played, that it reviewed kinda mediocre-ly, and that I had a chance to buy it complete-in-big-box from a Five Below many years ago but passed it up and it was never there again.

I kind of want to try Gunman Chronicles. Just the fact it's somehow more obscure a GoldSrc title than goddamn Ricochet is enough for me - that it's apparently pretty good too is just gravy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I own Gunman Chronicles and outside of a few things from level design perspective (and the last boss being lovely, not uncommon), the game is really fun. Is one of those that, the second they hit Steam, I'll buy without waiting a sale, unless of course they price it 19.99$/€ or something like that.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/honoring-rich-bizarre-universe-dooms-user-created-content/

Somebody made a bot that loads random wads and posts screenshots, biasing them to try to find areas with high detail.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Dos posted:

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/honoring-rich-bizarre-universe-dooms-user-created-content/

Somebody made a bot that loads random wads and posts screenshots, biasing them to try to find areas with high detail.

Was posted awhile back. Super cool though.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Just wanted to say that I'm playing Brutal Doom on your latest build now, and I'm having a blast! Running 10.9.5.

Great! Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this weekend I'll put together a system to automate the uploads.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So, is the Doom 64 Unmaker supposed to be an homage to the original Doom Bible concept of the weapon?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

uncleKitchener posted:

So, is the Doom 64 Unmaker supposed to be an homage to the original Doom Bible concept of the weapon?

The Doom 64 Unmaker uses the same name, but it works completely different from the Doom Bible version.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvagOWfQEV0
This guy does a lot of reviews on FPS', so I'm not surprised he did a review on Postal 2 and P2: PL.

The Doom 64 Unmaker uses the same name, but it works completely different from the Doom Bible version.

If it's the doom bible, then it probably had something to do with magic and making something disappear.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

uncleKitchener posted:

This guy does a lot of reviews on FPS', so I'm not surprised he did a review on Postal 2 and P2: PL.

If it's the doom bible, then it probably had something to do with magic and making something disappear.

PL looks a lot better in that review than it does in the official trailer. Looks like it has pleanty of opportunities forchaos, interesting takes on the original map (like the RWS guys taking over the church) and a version of the game dev company raid without the dumb Gary Coleman monsters. Now I'm pretty interested in it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

uncleKitchener posted:

the doom bible one was really stupid

it did a lot of damage to demons, barely any to humans, and some to cyborg demons.

unlike all the other guns, which do damage.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I always imagine the Unmaker as emitting a cloud of black flies that swarm an enemy and devour it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

horse mans posted:

Great! Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this weekend I'll put together a system to automate the uploads.

Ok, don't if it's your build, my mac, BD v1.9, or all 3, but using the chainsaw on anyone almost freezes the game.

Too much blood? :black101:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Too much blood? :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSjP4oS0DwA

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Speaking of Nippon Metal, is DemonSteeele good?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

uncleKitchener posted:

Oh boy, is it ever.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Yes, yes it is. It reminds me of the new Shadow Warrior with a better twist on health and stronger "sword magic" that never feels too "I must hoard this, there might be a bigger demon around the corner."

Plus the speed that you should be going at feels great. There's certainly something magical about dodge charging forward through projectiles, falling into a crouch and eviscerating a pinkie with a sword before taking off again because you cant afford to stand still, while cutting down some of the projectiles with your sword.

Some of the new takes on monsters are fun and frustrating in a good way, makes them satisfying to pin down and kill. The new Cyber Demon is something else. :stare:

All in all, its absolutely worth the price of admission. :getin:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

Demonsteele is everything Brutal Doom wishes it could be. IMO it needs to be redone as a standalone game in Unreal Engine 1 or something

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

uncleKitchener posted:

Is DemonSteele good? Son, put your learning cap on because Professor Solte is about to drop some knowledge bombs through your backdoor. That was a reference to Swordfish, not a rear entry situation.

DemonSteele has taught me that TerminusEst probably combs his hair with Poseidon's own trident. He's been banned from most pools and beaches because when he dives in, his titanic balls create a wave that kills Patrick Swaze at the end of Point Break. Pretty sure if he wore a suit his collar would be made out of pterodactyl wings. Only a person of this magnitude could create something as cataclysmically :krad: as DemonSteele.

Do you like swords? Guns? Demons? Junk food? Those hand wrap bandage things that I don't know the purpose of but can't be assed to google? DemonSteele has all of those things.

The gunfire sounds like God slamming his car door. When you slice and dice demons with the sword it's like having your own Ratatouille crawl around in your head dicing up cheese and ham with a knife so sharp that Hatorri Hanzo from Kill Bill would shed tears. When Iron Maiden found out that DemonSteele utilized the words Iron Maiden better than Iron Maiden, they collectively committed sodoku in front of TerminusEst's house. Listening to the soundtrack can induce labor in people with uteruses. Uteri?

Basically if DemonSteele was a person they'd be Alannis Morisette at the end of Dogma, where she opens her mouth and the archangel Gabriel's head explodes? Except instead of Alannis Morisette its the T-1000 in his liquid metal form, but if you look really closely you'll see that he's just a 10,000 swords inside of a trenchcoat, and all those swords are on fire and if turn your head eastward during strong winds you can hear a permanent power cord blasting, as if there is the most metal as poo poo metal concert going on a equidistant points throughout the universe, and you're not invited.

10/10 may favorite mod play it

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Elliotw2 posted:

The UT3 rocket launcher switched between fan, spiral, and grenades based on how much you left click while charging, UT2k4 only had fan and spiral, UT99/Unreal just had left mouse be rockets/charge and right mouse be grenades/charge, with holding both to do a cluster rocket/grenade.

Wait wait wait. Holding both does a cluster!? I'm willing to quote from march to go holy poo poo how did I never know that.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Oh god, i didn't know if you sprint forward and swing your sword in demonsteele you do a more powerful swing! :magical:

Here, ill stream Demonsteele for abit. :haw:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 24, 2015

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Just so y'all can brace yourself for the endless circular arguments again... It's nearly Brutal Doom time again. New trailer apparently due out today, release probably this time next week.

Going on what I read on the official facebook page, apparently v20 has scaleable gore (it's still pretty messy at even half blood, and downright silly at 4x), but at default, the dev thinks he's squeezed a 110% performance increase over v19, and that's even after making blood splatters permanent (you can press a button to clean it up, but it's usually not needed). Not sure if it'll be slaughtermap-capable, but that's still a pretty good boost.

It also comes with a 30-map campaign of its own, so those worried about it messing with map balance don't even have to use Doom's maps!

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Just so y'all can brace yourself for the endless circular arguments again
Just quietly, I think the "endless circular arguments about mods" timeslot has been filled for the next, oh, month... :v: