Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Speaking of Travis, Yahoo's notice that he was back in the lineup today came super late, so he was on my bench tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
:siren:Chris Carter did a thing:siren:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Really glad i took the dsys approach with Dickerson :neckbeard:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Thanks Chris Carter for hitting a home run when benched in every single league.

and I'm in a lot. And I have him in probably 90% of them.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Mattingly needs to start Alex Guerrero. Hate these stupid old school managers.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schweinhund posted:

I don't understand why he isn't starting at third. It's ridiculous.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Speaking of Travis, Yahoo's notice that he was back in the lineup today came super late, so he was on my bench tonight.

Mine too :hfive:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Schweinhund posted:

He was just dropped in my league. I feel like I should pick him up but I have absolutely no need for him. I guess I can try to flip him for some pitching where I really need help.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lmao David price sure hosed my week

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Schweinhund posted:

:stare:I just looked at his stats. WHAT THE gently caress :stare:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm getting completely hosed on most fronts so far this year and have missed out on a few callups/roster switches already so I'm trying to gauge which prospects are coming up in May/June. Besides probably Miguel Sano or Syndegaard, is there anyone else who is likely getting sent up in the summer?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sano might be a later callup, he's not hitting very well in AA right now. It might just be rust from being out for so long but the Twins don't really need to call him up early if they don't want to.

e: Nathan is getting TJS

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/591242516088815616

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 23, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sooo glad I drafted/picked up Soria in 7 of my 8 leagues.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm getting completely hosed on most fronts so far this year and have missed out on a few callups/roster switches already so I'm trying to gauge which prospects are coming up in May/June. Besides probably Miguel Sano or Syndegaard, is there anyone else who is likely getting sent up in the summer?

Jameson Taillon should be up this season, though I'd imagine July or later.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

I don't understand why he isn't starting at third. It's ridiculous.

The two main reasons why he isn't are A) his defense is substandard, and probably B) that the Dodgers are playing well enough as is. Totally agreed that he should be getting more starts than he is, though, with Uribe relegated to the role of super-sub.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Teams should hire fantasy players as their managers. They surely know more about the game than people who have actually played it all their lives.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

jabro posted:

Teams should hire fantasy players as their managers. They surely know more about the game than people who have actually played it all their lives.

Sarcasm?

I don't think any avid fantasy fan in their right mind would claim that they could manage a pro team better than actual managers.

However, that doesn't change the fact that plenty of managers past and present have attitudes about the game regarding things like bullpen management, bunting, letting older players block younger better ones because of "intangibles" or whatever, etc, that actively hurt the team's chances of winning more ballgames. This whole notion of "I'm Joe Torre/Tony Larussa/etc and therefore I know better" serves to entrench these attitudes even further.

Having said that, I get the Guerrero thing, but as a Dodger fan, you want to see the guy with more potential get more at bats and time at 3B to make him more of an asset going forward.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vernacular posted:

I don't think any avid fantasy fan in their right mind would claim that they could manage a pro team better than actual managers.

From a purely logistical standpoint I disagree, but in terms of managing egos and the press and all that other stuff most people would stand no chance.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I have Ian Kennedy coming off the DL for saturday, who should I drop? I'm in a H2H points league where SPs are very valuable(QS earns extra 5 points). Waiver wire is sliiiiim for SPs.

Here's my droppable pitchers

Colon
Shoemaker
Salazar(just picked up)
Bradley(just picked up)
Latos

I like to hold on to high K potential guys because they rack up points(a guy like Salazar is really attractive if he figures things out a bit). I'm kind of thinking Latos, but he's been such a solid pitcher the last few years and has a better track record than any of the other guys, not sure if I'm ready to give up on him after two bad starts(he was pulled in his last start after like 70 pitches for a PH).

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rand alPaul posted:

Joe Nathan will never close another game for Detroit. Even if he miraculously comes back and is healthy, he'll blow like 3-4 saves in a row and the job will be given back to Soria. Soria is Detroit's closer, even if it takes like 2-3 save opportunities to pass by before it returns to him.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dandy Kaiser posted:

:siren:Chris Carter did a thing:siren:

I was pretty bullish on Houston at draft time.

I got Springer, Carter and Gattis.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have Carter and Gattis as well and they're killing my ratios. At least I can bench Carter without leaving a position empty

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Speaking of things, Gregory Polanco is actually starting to do them now in desirable quantities :getin:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Guerrero started and homered in his first AB :h:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Melancon finally did a good thing :toot:

...against the Cubs. :smith:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guerrero hit another dinger. Jeeze.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is no way I can afford him on FAAB. He is probably going to go for 50-60.

He has 2b elg too!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

He has 2b elg too!

I missed picking him up this morning in my main league by literal minutes because when I got to work my computer was hosed up and it took tech support an hour to come fix it :(

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

jabro posted:

If I was managing we'd be the shittiest team in the league but we would always be helping out my fantasy team.

Oh, my opponent has Mike Trout? Hey Mike take the week off.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

euphronius posted:

He has 2b elg too!

$50-$60 out of a $100 budget? So wait, people think Guerrero's one of the biggest FA acquisitions of the year, they believe in him that much, and yet he was on waivers? But now that he hits a couple dingers it's super urgent to pick him up?

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 23, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

He only hit 1 HR today* in case anyone thinks otherwise. The two posts from today were about the same HR. And as far as we know this is a one time start and he'll go back to the bench tomorrow.

*so far

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I figured out why I always do terrible in goon fantasy leagues. I get my info from this thread so the players are already picked up. NERDS :argh:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

What's the prognosis on Guerrero then? Hot start obviously is small sample size, but is he worth a pickup in an OBP league?

EDIT: Seems like every projection site has him at around .250/.300/.400, which isn't good enough to be in my lineup. I did pick him up while he's on fire though. Maybe I can sell high.

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 23, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I think the info came out pretty late. I think I got the news from the Score's app about an hour or two before the game.

Unless you are talking later than that.

DoctaFun posted:

I have Ian Kennedy coming off the DL for saturday, who should I drop? I'm in a H2H points league where SPs are very valuable(QS earns extra 5 points). Waiver wire is sliiiiim for SPs.

Here's my droppable pitchers

Colon
Shoemaker
Salazar(just picked up)
Bradley(just picked up)
Latos

I like to hold on to high K potential guys because they rack up points(a guy like Salazar is really attractive if he figures things out a bit). I'm kind of thinking Latos, but he's been such a solid pitcher the last few years and has a better track record than any of the other guys, not sure if I'm ready to give up on him after two bad starts(he was pulled in his last start after like 70 pitches for a PH).

I'd probably roll the dice on dropping one of Colon, Salazar, or Bradley. It's a tough decision, especially when you are only looking at around three starts for each (and these three guys have done pretty well), but I would NOT drop Shoemaker or Latos. I am pretty high on both of these guys, and still am even with their rough few starts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bradley's bb : k is like 1. Not good.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Like one of the posters above, I have Ian Kennedy coming off the DL, and need to make room. I can probably drop an offensive bench player if I need to, but I'm curious if any of you guys think any of the following pitchers are droppable.

The league has net saves and holds, which is why O'Day is actually valuable. And why Grilli has been useless for a while :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Grilli had 2 saves last week...?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Grilli had 2 saves last week...?

This is fantasy, unless a player is producing RIGHT NOW, then I go into panic mode. That's why my outfield of Soler, Stanton, and Puig has me losing right now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Gio, or Porcello, maybe? I'd always rather carry the extra pitcher over the hitter, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gio's pretty consistently good, Porcello is the only one that jumped out at me, but that might just be gently caress the tigers and red sox bias speaking.

On a different note, I am really glad I didn't manage to get Yordano in any leagues because I'm pretty sure he's going to miss like a month's worth of games, or more, at some point.

• Locked thread