Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancinJack
Jul 11, 2006
yer dun
Can you both PM me on Steam?

(i'm the one with the keys that Hot Jam was talking about)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DancinJack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

DancinJack posted:

Can you both PM me on Steam?

(i'm the one with the keys that Hot Jam was talking about)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DancinJack

Confirming this, I got mine from DancinJack and wanted to help him out cause he helped me out with the 6-pack price.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:allears:

My very first lobby too! Oh how I've missed fps community.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yesterday I joined a public server with three people in it. The first thing I noticed were the furry avatars that all three of them had. The next thing I noticed was the barrage of ethnic slurs being targeted at me.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Crabtree posted:

Wait, they're going to reset levels during and after EA?

This is what they say in their Why SEA:

Tripwire SEA posted:

And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!

I don't know if that means at the very end of SEA there will be a wipe but we could have multiple wipes during SEA. Again we should probably throw that tidbit in the OP.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 23, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Yesterday I joined a public server with three people in it. The first thing I noticed were the furry avatars that all three of them had. The next thing I noticed was the barrage of ethnic slurs being targeted at me.

He did have some girl cartoon avatar, come to think of it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

So the Katana has a quick-draw attack. I am ready to rock the dragon already, so please just release it thank you

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcEMeJTTu8

So far this is my favorite song in the soundtrack. But while I like the lyrics, the screamo segments were too hardcore for me, so I just took them out. I think it turned out okay.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Berserker with sledge is my favorite weapon maybe ever. Fp's get hosed.

This is a good game

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I know they aren't rely looking for gameplay additions atm. But I was thinking a grenade upgrade for the commando could be either an area of increased damage or an area that increases damage. Either way it ties into commando as leader directing the troops. Please give commando some love!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Crabtree posted:

Wait, they're going to reset levels during and after EA?

During EA yes. Not sure why you'd believe it would happen after the full thing got released though.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 31, 2022

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Something clicked for me earlier with the Berserker parry and holy poo poo is that class satisfying to play when you get that down. At one point I had 2 FPs beating on me and managed to parry almost every one of their attacks while one teammate healed me and another whittled them down. It seems much easier to do in a game where you have good ping, it must not be a client side thing?.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Mindblast posted:

During EA yes. Not sure why you'd believe it would happen after the full thing got released though.

I think what he means is at the end of SEA.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

This is such a minor annoyance but I really wish my gun would go into ironsights directly after reloading when I click my aim button during the actual reload itself.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

splifyphus posted:

e: Actually, the worst thing about the zerker is that he feels kind of useless when the boss comes around. Haven't figured out how to be much of a contribution in that fight yet, and I'm always the guy who dies first trying to get in alt hammer strikes.
Seen some pretty effective zerkers rushing him with that buzzsaw thing. You can circle-strafe him pretty easily and avoid a lot of damage that way; all you have to watch out for is his AoE gas. Seemed like they did good damage to him (in that they killed him without me using an AA-12). Which, really is all I could ask for.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
104.156.246.12:7777 3 people currently playing - hard mode.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
The AA12 is such an amazing weapon. Saving money is hard, though; even using the pistol to conserve money, I still need to load up on armor and ammo afterwards and I barely have any money. I don't remember the money game in the original being this hard.

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
No discounts on the weapons your perk uses anymore.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Another minor QoL thing would be to get crouch and ads on classic hold-to-use instead of a toggle. Maybe you can already do it but I didn't find the option.

E: regarding money, get usef to places where things spawn. Bringing additional shovels and assault rifles to the trader can add up quickly. Do you use a lot of nades early? If not, don't buy them since each ammo box contains one so you will be stocked by the time you use them. Be critical in the same way regarding ammo IF it is early in the match and you have a good idea how much you use.

And, of course, shoot dem zeds real good. Nothing beats that. Remember you don't need the kill, if you contributed a lot to a takedown you will get your fair share.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 23, 2015

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Mindblast posted:

Another minor QoL thing would be to get crouch and ads on classic hold-to-use instead of a toggle. Maybe you can already do it but I didn't find the option.

These are definitely both options in the keybindings area of the options.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Grinspork posted:

No discounts on the weapons your perk uses anymore.

What if the current prices ARE the discount prices, just everyone gets them? :tinfoil:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crabtree posted:

So I just ran into level 25s and I'm wondering whether or not this is the benefit of betaing. I mean, they were fun enough to know how to money rain so they couldn't be that bad even if they played with their character data.

Perks where reset so if you bumped into 25's they either cheated or mega poop socked.

I'm up to 11 on zerk with 14 hours, mostly on normal and one on suicidal so I imagine its possible.

Bumped into a pubbie welding EVERY door, ran off constantly, bragged about having all the kills, true KF experience. :allears:

Also, does anyone if hans has any anti melee attacks? Me and a pub where pounding on him, suddenly explosion and we died from full health, I didn't see him toss nades either.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Also, does anyone if hans has any anti melee attacks? Me and a pub where pounding on him, suddenly explosion and we died from full health, I didn't see him toss nades either.

He has an AOE self-destruct kind of attack that only seems to shoot out neurotoxin. He's got a massive tell when he does it, he kind of recoils and pulls his arms into his chest and mentions that you're too close.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I think it'd be cool if the medic guns' lights gradually changed color to reflect their charge status. Blue at 100, red at 0.

Am I the only one who completely skips the SMG and often skips the shotgun as Medic? The AR is just so much better than both of them that getting it by wave 3 is the best thing. (I of course get the shotgun after the AR once I can afford it)

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 23, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The boss fights are still the absolute worst thing about this game, the new guy doesn't have instant kills but he's still a chore. Him and the Patriarch just feels at odds with the rest of the game and I never enjoyed fighting them.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but as long as you damage something when it dies you get full experience from it. Once I started putting a round or two into FPs and Scrakes as Commando and then focusing on the trash I started jumping up in level. If you see a Bloat stumbling around without a head shoot it once to get the XP.

I'm not sure if you shoot something with two different perk weapons that you get XP for both of them when it dies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limp_cheese posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but as long as you damage something when it dies you get full experience from it. Once I started putting a round or two into FPs and Scrakes as Commando and then focusing on the trash I started jumping up in level. If you see a Bloat stumbling around without a head shoot it once to get the XP.

I'm not sure if you shoot something with two different perk weapons that you get XP for both of them when it dies.

You do, a friend of mine is leveling zerk like me but carries around the medic pistol and he leveled medic to 1 just from healing people.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

The boss fights are still the absolute worst thing about this game, the new guy doesn't have instant kills but he's still a chore. Him and the Patriarch just feels at odds with the rest of the game and I never enjoyed fighting them.

Hans is actually pretty easy to kill if you have a team that knows a little bit about his mechanics. I've found the only problem occurs when people bunch up and get gassed because of it. Otherwise, just have some teammates with AA-12s and he'll fall.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 31, 2022

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

It still feels weird not being able to go demo on boss wave, can't wait for all the perks to be in.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

It still feels weird not being able to go demo on boss wave, can't wait for all the perks to be in.

I think this game will be a lot easier when more classes come in. Having a good Demo and Sharp should make tough enemies and Hans much easier, and that's not including what the new classes will bring to the table.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

Whenever I see a giant clump of zeds clawing at a door I shed a small tear because I can't instantly turn them all into mulch

splifyphus posted:

Just tried this on a normal 7 wave pub server with 3 players. By the time I ran out of gas, he had just turned yellow. Also I still died first, I'm pretty sure he aggros whoever's closest and that's always the zerker.

If you can parry you'll be doing everyone a huge favor by keeping him pre-occupied for even 10 seconds

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 23, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

splifyphus posted:

Just tried this on a normal 7 wave pub server with 3 players. By the time I ran out of gas, he had just turned yellow. Also I still died first, I'm pretty sure he aggros whoever's closest and that's always the zerker.

Don't use the saw blade thing, its garbage, just hammer smack him and have a good medic to keep you alive, also know when to back off you can't stay on him forever.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dezztroy posted:

Am I the only one who completely skips the SMG and often skips the shotgun as Medic? The AR is just so much better than both of them that getting it by wave 3 is the best thing. (I of course get the shotgun after the AR once I can afford it)

Hell no, the SMG is an absolute beast for trash clearing in the early waves. It's super accurate, cheap, and quick to reload. I can't get to grips with the AR and usually just stick with the SMG. The AR is too inaccurate and as a Medic your main job is to clear trash and keep your Zerker and Support buddies healthy while they kill the Scrakes and Fleshpounds for you, and I think the SMG is better for that than the AR.

E: Although I'm reading that the AR is much better for healing than the SMG, which might mean I'll start buying it more often.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
It's kind of galling that I can run out of ammo when Hans can't.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What's the advised commando loadout? At the moment I'm running the scar and whatever medic weapon I feel like grabbing when I have the money.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dezztroy posted:

I think it'd be cool if the medic guns' lights gradually changed color to reflect their charge status. Blue at 100, red at 0.

As a medic you will never be the best scrake slayer or what have you. So you could wait and get a gun with 30 rounds in a mag with a bit of recoil and decent accuracy that can pop heads of the basic zeds in one shot, or you get the cheaper/earlier gun with 40 rounds in a mag with no recoil worth mentioning and really great accuracy that can pop heads of the basic zeds in one shot. Which you can get earlier and thus make more money earlier and easier. Then get the shotgun so you can be scrake slayer assistant. Then switch the smg for the AR for the boss since the AR heals way better and the smg is utter poo poo against bigger targets.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

MooCowlian posted:

What's the advised commando loadout? At the moment I'm running the scar and whatever medic weapon I feel like grabbing when I have the money.

This is the outlook of a filthy casual but I've think Commando with Bullpup, SCAR, then throwing on the Medic SMG is cool because that is a shitload of bullets and you also have a heal dart.

Though that's not exactly a lot of high profile murder firepower either, when the SCAR is your hardest hitting weapon :v: But not like you can fit an AA12 alongside any Commando weapon but the Varmint rifle anyways if you wanna stay on perk.

Medic Pistol and Medic SMG are the only weapons I think of for Off perk because they are also the lowest weight guns in the game so I might be able to actually cram them into my inventory on top of a pair of Commando/Support/Berserker weapons, nevermind their heal darts on top. I should probably change that, or at least be willing to pick up medic guns earlier even if I'm not a medic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

I roll with the SCAR, Double Barrel, and the shovel just to take up space if I accidentally run over a Vermin or shotgun. Max your grenades because they do a TON of damage to FPs. Don't waste HE nades on Scrakes though.