Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Thanks man. I got worried reading about quests and poo poo bugging out when disabling iPresentInterval.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
So, wait, vsync is related to input lag? Like, for example, if it takes maybe a half second for your character to move after pressing a move key?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Chesko has released Frostfall's campfire feature as a standalone mod.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm sure vsync affects different games in different ways. In Skyrim, it's causing my mouse input/sensitivity to become slow and unreliable. But disabling vsync in Skyrim can produce weird game behavior.

If you're having issues with control input, it's probably worth a shot to try a FPS limiter instead. I just did and the mouse feels way more responsive now.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

How would I go about adding custom hair from one mod to another mod with tes5edit? Point me to a guide or Explain it like to a child cause I cant really figure it out. Creation Kit and other gamebryo editors and I have never really got along.

edit: nevermind :downs: i never bothered to test if i needed to do anything in the first place and it worked without my input

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 18, 2015

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I keep getting my hair/facial hair set away from what I chose them to be. I'm fixing it with showracemenu, but is there a way to prevent it from being changed? Or maybe a command to just set the hair to the right one without using the whole menu?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm playing with the latest version of SPERG. I've gotten a few level ups in destruction, but it hasn't actually incremented the skill. Any ideas about what might be causing that?

I have...

Deadly Combat,
Live a New Life
Immersive Weapons and Armor
Bandoliers
and I think that's it. I can post a full load order if necessary.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

I'm playing with the latest version of SPERG. I've gotten a few level ups in destruction, but it hasn't actually incremented the skill. Any ideas about what might be causing that?

I have...

Deadly Combat,
Live a New Life
Immersive Weapons and Armor
Bandoliers
and I think that's it. I can post a full load order if necessary.

You might be missing one or more of the installation requirements for sperg to function properly.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24445/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im finally working on a mod of my own, and I was wondering if there's somebody in this thread who could chop up a nif file for me. I need a nif of one Dwarven boot. It doesn't need to be equipable, it's going to be a static setpiece.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

So I made like a dozen followers using the Familiar Faces mod, and I was wondering if there is a way to make them all fight each other, either in a series of 1v1 elimination matches or just one big ole battle royale. :black101: Is it something I could do through console commands, or do I need a mod out there somewhere that will set aggression between two or more NPCs?

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Im finally working on a mod of my own, and I was wondering if there's somebody in this thread who could chop up a nif file for me. I need a nif of one Dwarven boot. It doesn't need to be equipable, it's going to be a static setpiece.
Here you go.

I chopped up dwarvenbootsgo.nif into a left boot and a right boot. The nodes should be set up okay to let you use it as a static right off the bat, but I did this in about 3 minutes without testing it, so maybe it's wonky.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Appoda posted:

So I made like a dozen followers using the Familiar Faces mod, and I was wondering if there is a way to make them all fight each other, either in a series of 1v1 elimination matches or just one big ole battle royale. :black101: Is it something I could do through console commands, or do I need a mod out there somewhere that will set aggression between two or more NPCs?

If you're looking for straight mods, I don't know, but you could spawn them and cast fury.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dux Supremus posted:

Here you go.

I chopped up dwarvenbootsgo.nif into a left boot and a right boot. The nodes should be set up okay to let you use it as a static right off the bat, but I did this in about 3 minutes without testing it, so maybe it's wonky.

I can't get it to display in the CK - it tells me "Cannot Queue Model." I have to go to work now, but I'll do a bit of tinkering with it when I get home. Thanks though! :|

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

I can't get it to display in the CK - it tells me "Cannot Queue Model." I have to go to work now, but I'll do a bit of tinkering with it when I get home. Thanks though! :|
Huh, weird. I tried renaming them and replacing meshes/armor/dwarven/dwarvenbootsgo.nif with them and they seem to work in game.

Not sure why the CK wouldn't load them. :iiam:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dux Supremus posted:

Huh, weird. I tried renaming them and replacing meshes/armor/dwarven/dwarvenbootsgo.nif with them and they seem to work in game.

Not sure why the CK wouldn't load them. :iiam:

I think we've discovered a lovely, ehrm, feature of the CK. if the nif file isn't present when the ck boots up - like when I copied those into the /data/meshes folder, because the ck was already running - the nifs will appear in the preview window, but not in the render window when you try and place them in the world.

Edit: because they worked today, but when I opened one in nifskope to enlarge it and saved a copy, it behaved in exactly the same way.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 19, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I'm having an issue where the default shout key, Z, keeps opening the Immersive Armors menu. I tried changing the shout key to a different button but it still opens the menu. Any ideas?

Edit: Well now that I have a shout it's more obvious where I went wrong. :downs:

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 19, 2015

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
Why would the IA menu be opened with a shout anyway? Doesn't it use a mod config menu? Or do you not have SkyUI?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

fadingsignal's doing some neat stuff. I'm digging his True Storms, which makes thunder sound awesome. He's apparently working on a wetness/moisture shader. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

As for ~~**my immersion!!!*~~ I'm really enjoying Enhanced Camera. Their first person body solution is loving clever and works quite well. It's surprisingly sweet to be able to see your body and actually cast a shadow. Mitigates some of Skyrim's floatiness.

Wonders of Weather is also cool. Raindrops dripping from NPCs, splashes on the ground... NPCs reacting to the weather by putting on hoods/cloaks, heading inside. Plays nicely with Frostfall to boot.

Anyone having issues with getting parallax textures to work? I'm using the latest ENB. I've tried both Project Parallax and the latest aMidianBorn Landscape. I only get parallax on some ground textures, nothing else. Parallax for waters works fine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

anatomi posted:

Wonders of Weather is also cool. Raindrops dripping from NPCs, splashes on the ground... NPCs reacting to the weather by putting on hoods/cloaks, heading inside. Plays nicely with Frostfall to boot.

This is interesting because it's made by the same guy who did Wet and Cold and seems to do the same thing. Anyone know what he released a new mod for it?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
It's actually a compilation/update of a bunch of his mods... Splash of rain etc

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah. Its got extensive MCM support as well. It also detects if Frostfall is installed, in which case it disables its own snow/frost shader in favor of the latter's.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Does Enhanced Camera change the sprinting animation? I tried a mod that gave you a body in first-person (don't remember the name, sorry), and that came with a free headbanging option when you wanted to go fast.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

That was probably Immersive First Person (something like that). Its solution was to create a new camera and "stick it" at the player model's head/eyes. As such, it would sway and bob according to the 3rd person animations. Makes for a wild ride, but not very suitable for gameplay...

Enhanced Camera uses the normal first person camera, adding the torso and legs from the 3rd person model. It behaves exactly like normal. You can enable head bobbing, but it's still a bit glitchy.
So running, walking, sprinting, fighting - all of those mechanics function as usual.

Sprinting as a werewolf with Enhanced Camera feels glorious. And any crafting is first person as well (you can disable this if you want to).

The only issue I've run into so far is some clipping when looking straight down. But it's a minor bother.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Honestly, I think it's worth it for shadows alone, but maybe I'm weird.

Oh and enhanced camera is available for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. :allears:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think this is the closest to an Oblivion modding thread on the forums, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know of a mod that makes Oblivion's thieving a bit more viable as a source of income? I'm looking for something that jacks up the value of basic stuff like silverware and jewelry, but also adds high value items/enchanted gear that makes the higher tier fences with larger amounts of gold actually useful. Burglary was always one of my favorite activities in oblivion, but it is hilariously outclassed by dungeon delving when it comes to profits.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

AC's Realistically Priced Clutter or Merchants Buy Your Clutter. Not sure what's out there for adding more high-end stuff to steal - but there's bound to be something.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

anatomi posted:

That was probably Immersive First Person (something like that). Its solution was to create a new camera and "stick it" at the player model's head/eyes. As such, it would sway and bob according to the 3rd person animations. Makes for a wild ride, but not very suitable for gameplay...

Enhanced Camera uses the normal first person camera, adding the torso and legs from the 3rd person model. It behaves exactly like normal. You can enable head bobbing, but it's still a bit glitchy.
So running, walking, sprinting, fighting - all of those mechanics function as usual.

Sprinting as a werewolf with Enhanced Camera feels glorious. And any crafting is first person as well (you can disable this if you want to).

The only issue I've run into so far is some clipping when looking straight down. But it's a minor bother.

Enhanced Camera is great but I think most :nexus: people just want to look at their massive tits in first person.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

anatomi posted:

AC's Realistically Priced Clutter or Merchants Buy Your Clutter. Not sure what's out there for adding more high-end stuff to steal - but there's bound to be something.

Couldn't find AC's mod, and the second one didn't seem like what I wanted, but searching for clutter instead of thieving or burglary like I had been lead to some good ones and I found one I liked. Thanks! It's nice being able to make a decent amount of gold breaking into a house without having to rely on books for most of the profit.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Enhanced Camera is great but I think most :nexus: people just want to look at their massive tits in first person.

Jurassic Park: Trespasser had more influence on games than anyone could possibly imagine.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

razorrozar posted:

I actually like it because it makes combat feel more "fluid".

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Couldn't find AC's mod, and the second one didn't seem like what I wanted, but searching for clutter instead of thieving or burglary like I had been lead to some good ones and I found one I liked. Thanks! It's nice being able to make a decent amount of gold breaking into a house without having to rely on books for most of the profit.
AC's seems to be part of a collection here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26498/
Glad you found one you liked. For future reference, which one?

Speaking of Enhanced Camera, here's me enjoying my own shadow.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

anatomi posted:

AC's seems to be part of a collection here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26498/
Glad you found one you liked. For future reference, which one?
I used one called RikimaruLDRs Better Priced Clutter, mostly becuase it listed all of the things it changed.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39647/

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
So uh, Steam now lets you sell Skyrim mods

http://store.steampowered.com/news/16509/

quote:

April 23, 2015 - Steam now offers new functionality in the Steam Workshop, allowing community mod makers the opportunity to earn money doing what they love. With this update, community-made Workshop content such as mods, items, or maps can now be made available for sale directly via the Steam Workshop for titles that have enabled this feature.

Workshop is now putting mod authors in business via a new streamlined process for listing, selling and managing their creations. Creators contributing to the Steam Workshop have the choice of listing their new creations for sale at a price of their choosing, or to continue to make their work available to players for free. Mods purchased from the Steam Workshop are available immediately for play.

"We think this is a great opportunity to help support the incredible creative work being done by mod makers in the Steam Workshop," says Tom Bui at Valve. "User generated content is an increasingly significant component of many games, and opening new avenues to help financially support those contributors via Steam Workshop will help drive the level of UGC to new heights."

Direct mod sales via the Steam Workshop debuts today with Bethesda Softworks'® award-winning title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, and additional titles will become available across the Steam Workshop in the coming weeks.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Steam Workshop now allows modders to charge for mods. :allears:

EFB!

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I can't sit still I'm so excited.

If this was just a tipping service where you can drop a few bucks as a thank you I can see it working but apparently people can actually charge money for mods and make it non-optional.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Red Mundus posted:

I can't sit still I'm so excited.

If this was just a tipping service where you can drop a few bucks as a thank you I can see it working but apparently people can actually charge money for mods and make it non-optional.

Wet and Cold is $5 by default, for example; you can elect to lower the price to $.99 if it suits you. Most of the mods out the gate vary their pricing 'floor'.

As you might expect the comments have been immediately very feisty.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

GaistHeidegger posted:

As you might expect the comments have been immediately very feisty.

Oh man feisty is selling it short.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Threep posted:

So uh, Steam now lets you sell Skyrim mods

http://store.steampowered.com/news/16509/

The end of times :allears:

I can't wait for the inevitable poo poo storm as people re-release mods under different branding and for free, wonder what's going to happen then?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

GaistHeidegger posted:

Wet and Cold is $5 by default, for example; you can elect to lower the price to $.99 if it suits you. Most of the mods out the gate vary their pricing 'floor'.

Interestingly, you can still download its author's combined weather mod on Nexus for free. This does not seem very well thought out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Chaos reigns.

• Locked thread