Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bongo Bill posted:

Koos only likes Steven Universe now. And, frankly, he's right.

koos is dead to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jewel posted:

SAW. Cut off your own leg for your survival.

I really hope this next part is going to be a parody of Saw, please please please :ohdear:

Toxxupation posted:

I want to play a game, Dirk.

Heee.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

reading my old posts i sure did get Mad About Homestuck, even though i was ultimately 100% right on all counts

The main takeaway for me from reading your old posts is HOLY poo poo IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE ACT 6 STARTED???

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Plom Bar posted:

Horse calendars are up. Updates resume Monday.

quote:

I still have a batch of pages to draw to round out A6A6I5

THE GAMES

WILL

NEVER

STOP

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This really did shake up the relationship matrix and hint at a lot of character growth and different arcs. I was worried we wouldn't see much of the three year journey since we hardly saw that much of it the first time around, but this little slideshow does a good enough job of building off of what we know already that we can extrapolate to fill the gaps.

So I guess Terezi and Dave never happened, but Terezi and Karkat didn't get back together either (possibly since Terezi warned herself off men in a sort of nonspecific way), so Dave and Karkat are at the very least very good friends, and are probably verging on a little more than that with all the attention it got as one of the "changes". Rose and Kanaya are together but Vriska was there to ham-handedly intervene when Rose's alcoholism grated on Kanaya, which luckily was the right thing to do. Gamzee and Terezi were never a thing (thank God). Vriska doesn't have a relationship of her own going on beyond Scourge Sisters 4ever, although presumably she patched things up with Tavros, hence reviving him. I'm actually really pleased Tavros gets to live, I like the guy.

Also seeing Ghost Vriska with Ghost Meenah is huge, since it means the ghosts from the pre-Retjohn timeline still exist - and since everyone but John and Roxy from that timeline died (give or take the sprites and Dirk, I guess) that means the whole pre-Retjohn cast, which are technically the actual characters we've been following this whole comic, actually still exist in the dream bubbles. That's... kind of hard to deal with, to be honest. These are new, quite different versions of the characters we used to know who exist alongside the actual characters. I mean, the story's not going to slow down to let squeamish readers work that out so I guess it's all aboard the New Characters Express but still.

I hope we get to see the old ghosts again, and not for a moment before being murdered by Lord English. At the very least I think Terezi might've liked to see her plan to save everyone through John worked.

Edit: Oh, and while this Dave might be with Karkat, I suppose the Davesprite coming with John on LOWAS might be looking to have a fresh start with Jade, and since this Jade never had a relationship with Davesprite he basically has a do-over and this time would know there isn't a "Real Dave" waiting to take his place with her. Kind of sad there'll never be any resolution on Dave and Jade's relationship in the original timeline, their argument where she pushes the Mayor off the tower had a lot of emotional weight I thought.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 23, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WAR FOOT posted:

koos is dead to me

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Vriska tried, unsuccessfully judging by Kanaya's expression, to bulgeblock Kanaya and Rose. Speaking of bulges, it is canon that Davesprite hasn't got the wherewithal for an *ahem* lasting relationship.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Vriska tried, unsuccessfully judging by Kanaya's expression, to bulgeblock Kanaya and Rose. Speaking of bulges, it is canon that Davesprite hasn't got the wherewithal for an *ahem* lasting relationship.
He's got a weird bird weenie, who wants anything to do with that

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

discussing strange dicks in the homestuck thread, our old friend

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 23, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I wonder how big the cliffhangers before the horseless weeks will be

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JT Jag posted:

I wonder how big the cliffhangers before the horseless weeks will be

Are we talking in proportion to the size of Vriska here or what

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DaveKatMayor. :3:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

DaveKatMayor. :3:

Playing ring-around-a-rosy! And hopscotch! and cockscotch

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
My favorite thing about this flash is that it finally, finally feels like we're starting to wind things up and move towards some kind of ending.

This truly is... Homestuck, the Final Acts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if we'll see a summary of Jade's time during the 3 years or if the storytime-with-calliope covered all we need to know and she's just been kind of bored and lonely.

Dave and Karkat are a cute couple though :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wonder what Hussie will do once Homestuck is finished. Has he talked about it at all?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I am watching Con Air at work, its a pretty bad great movie.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I wonder what Hussie will do once Homestuck is finished. Has he talked about it at all?

Homestuck is just the intermission between Problem Sleuth and Problem Sleuth 2: Sleuth Harder

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Whistles 2.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aids on ice

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Fister Roboto posted:

Homestuck is just the intermission between Problem Sleuth and Problem Sleuth 2: Sleuth Harder

I wish

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wizardy Herbert again except every character is now a horse.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Hey guys. You know what we don't have any evidence of yet?

That's right. Eridan, the Best Character in Homestuck, might still be alive. Hooray!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Toxxupation posted:

no, no, gently caress you, no

Do it you big baby. You survived Dr. Who, you can survive an actually good thing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I won ten dollars today because vriska literally fixed everything.

Just have her beat Lord English so I can stop reading

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its gonna be HorseStuck a touching tale of a male pony on his neigh day. Its going to be the remastered version of homestuck, but with horses.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

whowhatwhere posted:

Do it you big baby. You survived Dr. Who, you can survive an actually good thing.

I thought Dr. Who was pretty good actually? I never watched it but it's an interewting concept with a lot of seasons, it has to be doing something right.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I like how in between the bits of Vriska Fixing Everything there are the touching moments of Dave and Karkat's friendship.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ElMaligno posted:

Its gonna be HorseStuck a touching tale of a male pony on his neigh day. Its going to be the remastered version of homestuck, but with horses.

Is there going to be one horsetroll that's really into humans?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cleretic posted:

Is there going to be one horsetroll that's really into humans?

STRONG humans.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I won ten dollars today because vriska literally fixed everything.

Just have her beat Lord English so I can stop reading
Technically Terezi fixed everything

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Technically Aranea fixed everything.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bobulus posted:

Honestly, slapping the cup out of Rose's hand is probably the only 'out of character' thing for Vriska. Unless Rose said something sarcastic to her while she was drunk, I suppose.

I had assumed that Kanaya either talked to Vriska about how it bothered her or just mentioned it within earshot and Vriska decided to solve the problem right then and there.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Now I want an update of Jade sitting on the ship alone for three years. :getin:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Ariong posted:

I had assumed that Kanaya either talked to Vriska about how it bothered her or just mentioned it within earshot and Vriska decided to solve the problem right then and there.
Right. You can see Kanaya's silhouette when Vriska slaps the drink out of Rose's hand.

WAR FOOT posted:

Technically Aranea fixed everything.
Yep. I wonder if out of all the characters she paid the price of oblivion because she was absent during the entire Vriskagram

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 23, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Who knows for sure, but at one point, Hussie mentioned after Homestuck he'd like to get away from webcomics and try some other media.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bobulus posted:

Who knows for sure, but at one point, Hussie mentioned after Homestuck he'd like to get away from webcomics and try some other media.

StuckHome, the TV sitcom.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bell_ posted:

Yep. I wonder if out of all the characters she paid the price of oblivion because she was absent during the entire Vriskagram

To a true gamer, a small price to pay for ultimate victory.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Small wonder Koos like Steven Universe, given the thematic and visual overlaps in style

Also the best part of this update is probably Vriska snuggling up to Kanaya and Rose

She just wants to feel important :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I think the best thing would be if we just never see her again. Its the best punishment for her trying to steal all the spotlight for herself.