Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

This is really true but how have you not put in the obligatory 10 hours into the newer ones. Gta 2 was the poo poo

he lives in a third world country where a playstation 2 costs $2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
#NAShuffle :allears:

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

So anyway shaguar streamed his first ever csgo game it was great. mcvey shed a tear.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Burgo posted:

So anyway shaguar streamed his first ever csgo game it was great. mcvey shed a tear.

http://www.twitch.tv/shaguar_poker/b/652548428

he looks super stressed and so do i right now

d'awww the 1.6 jump peeks

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 23, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

code:
snd_front_headphone_position "45"
snd_rear_headphone_position "135"
Are these still relevant settings?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shaguar_poker/b/652548428

he looks super stressed and so do i right now

d'awww the 1.6 jump peeks

I played 1.6 for a couple hours a couple nights ago and the dude I was playing with was complaining the whole time that the movement and recoil mechanics were godlike and Go sucks

I have to admit the stutter stepping in 1.6 is really crisp and feels like you are coming to a stop, whereas in go you kind of slide and stop but the change is so gradual it feels like nothing happened

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Looks like there's been a new massive vac ban wave. DMG here I come!

Apparently it was a hack that had gone undetected for a year or so, if one is to trust reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/33jqqv/another_vac_wave/cqll04d

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 23, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

Looks like there's been a new massive vac ban wave. DMG here I come!

Apparently it was a hack that had gone undetected for a year or so, if one is to trust reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/33jqqv/another_vac_wave/cqll04d
:laffo:

quote:

I like to troll popular cheat providers IRC's. There is this one cheat that was undetected for over 2 years and got hit on the last wave a month or so ago. So the coder went in to private beta with 25 or so "trusted users" for 2 weeks Well last monday it went back to public release for anyone who buys a $35 a month subscription. The SECOND it went out of private beta everyone was VAC'd - like hundreds of people.
The coder is talking in IRC how his code is perfect and he has these savant coding skills and the only reason why it got VAC'd is because there is a "mole" in the community that works for Valve.
The icing on the cake is everyone is extremely pissed off and the coders reputation is ruined. People are doxing him posting pictures and FB pages etc.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Reasons you win a MM game:

10% - You were better than the opponents.
5% - RNG gods caused you to sponge bullets more effectively.
5% - Carried by a cheater.
80% - Enemy team torn apart by internal divisions.

Nice to see another VAC wave so soon. Schadenfreude boner is real. New VAC ban from two of my last games. Just wish they would make some kind of system to make it difficult to have more than 1-2 CS:GO accounts to play on MM with. It's the fact they are so disposable that's half the problem, imo.

The fact that even easy to find cheats like the one that got banned have subtle settings like hitting 70% upper torso aimbot etc. depresses me. Easy to find a wallhacker/aimbot/triggerbot, but that kind of aim assist is so hard to be sure of when playing against.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

santanotreal posted:

Just had a team kick me 5 rounds in while I was top fragging at 8 and 2. At least 2 of the guys clearly joined together and were annoyed that I told them off for attempting to full buy on the 2nd round. A third member of the team was 1 and 7 and spent every round trying to knife. They tried to vote me every single round, even before they got pissed at me.

I have never been vote kicked at any stage of GTAV online. Makes you think...

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Jeza posted:

I have a friend whose skill level is probably about mg2-3, but he's MGE because he is loving amazing at tearing apart the other team. I like playing with him because probably every other game, he'll push the other team to the point of vote kicking one or more of their team off, or abandoning/surrendering entirely. I don't know how he does it but he's one of those people that is a master at getting under peoples skin.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ahdinko posted:

I have a friend whose skill level is probably about mg2-3, but he's MGE because he is loving amazing at tearing apart the other team. I like playing with him because probably every other game, he'll push the other team to the point of vote kicking one or more of their team off, or abandoning/surrendering entirely. I don't know how he does it but he's one of those people that is a master at getting under peoples skin.
He is Russian, da?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Nyet, Scottish

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ahdinko posted:

Nyet, Scottish

+5 to annoyance

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I feel like using the sg instead of the ak gives me an edge in the mental game meta, as it has a tendency to drive people up the wall that you would kill them with a scoped weapon, you loving cod noob.

Just won two 16-3's in a row. :feelsgood:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I'm pretty sure this is how Akumos got to eagle or whatever he's got to. Raging people out just from using the P90.
In the last round or two of the first half, if I've got the cash, I love to buy an auto just for the reason that getting a kill with it will often piss someone off to no end and result in several "loving auto noob" comments

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 23, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Situationally, the autosniper is a legit amazing and super powerful weapon well worth the money. Like off the top of my head, with an autosniper you can hold ramp alone on nuke, can brutalize any banana attack on inferno or just have the easiest time on dd2 long

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

#NAShuffle :allears:

what happened? I don't see any news. I hope they blow up every NA team and loving start from scratch.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013
Confirming that even in Casual, people ragequit over p90 or auto-snipe kills. It's pretty fun because I usually by the P90 every single round.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Skiant posted:

Confirming that even in Casual, people ragequit over p90 or auto-snipe kills. It's pretty fun because I usually by the P90 every single round.

P90 is my favorite for this reason. "omg rushing p90 human being stop playing in a manner that makes it harder for me to kill you"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

Usually because

quote:

10% - You were better than the opponents.

but that's the price you pay when you pug. When I do lose, it is indeed usually because there are a couple of guys who lose all confidence and stop saying silly things in mic because their b rush on mirage wasn't successful due to a guy there getting a lucky jump shot or something inane, but there are times where good games are played. They are just rare.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I kind of like the Bizon more than the P90. Thing doesn't run out of bullets even if it hits about as hard as a snail.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

how have you not put in the obligatory 10 hours into the newer ones. Gta 2 was the poo poo

a computer that chugs when rendering ascii art on messageboards

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Bizon is probably your best round 2 purchase, but never buy it any other time. P90 is perfectly viable on any round, as is the mp7.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Fuckin' :rip:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/GoebbelsDeep

There were already quite a few hackers in my MM history when I checked a few days ago. Wondering how many more this wave got

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Fuckin' :rip:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/GoebbelsDeep

There were already quite a few hackers in my MM history when I checked a few days ago. Wondering how many more this wave got

why is that guy getting linked all over the place who is that

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
How do you check for hackers? Are you manually checking scoreboards through the game client or is there an easier way?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ArfJason posted:

why is that guy getting linked all over the place who is that

cause rip skins bro. do you even counterstrike bro?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

eriddy posted:

How do you check for hackers? Are you manually checking scoreboards through the game client or is there an easier way?

nope

you could add people to vacstatus a site that cheks profiles but im not gonna manually add people

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so demos keep scoreboard data which in turn i imagine keeps steamid data. could it be too hard to have a tool that examines them

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Usually because

but that's the price you pay when you pug. When I do lose, it is indeed usually because there are a couple of guys who lose all confidence and stop saying silly things in mic because their b rush on mirage wasn't successful due to a guy there getting a lucky jump shot or something inane, but there are times where good games are played. They are just rare.

The best games are ones where you are losing badly, then suddenly whatever the gently caress has been happening on the other team bubbles over and they all TK and kick each other.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

real dilemma posted:

what happened? I don't see any news. I hope they blow up every NA team and loving start from scratch.

Nothing concrete yet, just a truckload of rumors. I'm sure some of them are even true. But it sure sounds like it will be a bigass shuffle, especially since Hiko and Ska are joining the action.

Edit: Thooorin did say in the latest Counter-Points video that some CLG players will be jumping ship, that much is certain. So most likely it's tarik and/or ptr (their best players) joining a better team.

Smol fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 23, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

The best games are ones where you are losing badly, then suddenly whatever the gently caress has been happening on the other team bubbles over and they all TK and kick each other.

I love it when you're riding high on a comeback streak and you've maybe won some four, five rounds in a row, and the next one starts off with an enemy TK in spawn, signaling the start to their complete descent into uselessness.

On that note. When the enemy team surrenders, do you end up getting less points since there were less rounds played?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I love it when you're riding high on a comeback streak and you've maybe won some four, five rounds in a row, and the next one starts off with an enemy TK in spawn, signaling the start to their complete descent into uselessness.

On that note. When the enemy team surrenders, do you end up getting less points since there were less rounds played?

Pretty sure that yeah, which is why surrendering is good and you should surrender if you have had a leaver and are gonna lose.

That would also explain why you can get comp cooldown from kicking too many players - not just because of griefing, but because 4 stacks could continually minimise their losses by kicking their 5th and surrendering whenever it becomes obvious which way the wind is blowing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Apogee15 posted:

Give it a little while and people will get bored of GTAV. They'll come right back to CS:GO to complain about how the latest minor AWP nerf totally ruined the game because now they can't ace the enemy team as easily.

And my god, people are using OTHER guns now? CSGO IS DEAD GUYS, HAVING OPTIONS IS DUMB! We are only supposed to use P250s, AKs, and AWPS.

Yup, you got it figured out, that's exactly what longtime players are complaining about :downsbravo:

when you have an established formula that punishes run-and-gun, spray-and-pray bullshit that works for years only to turn it on its head for no good reason and with absolutely no good explanation, people will get a bit salty

e: :spergin:

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 23, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Some transparency would be nice as well. Why they made X change and how that effects the meta that they're trying to establish etc etc. Instead it's just more skins, cases and stickers.

My only hope is that they're moving GO to Source2 and that will fix things.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

Some transparency would be nice as well. Why they made X change

My only hope is that they're moving GO to Source2 and that will fix things.

same

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tbh the whole silent treatment thing is valve's way of dealing with ppl's expectations (they mentioned this in raising the bar) in that they like reworking stuff constantly and if they promise something early on it might not happen at all. The thing is after the patch drops, why aren't they giving more info on their choices why arent they engaging the community etc.

i understand their approach, but id wish it to be different

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i wonder if with this vac wave i can go to legendary eagle master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
LE is the new DMG so probably

• Locked thread