Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

prefect posted:

saw this in politoons; knew that it had to be shown here as well

i dont wanna shaggar or anything and i think public transportation is great and i like bikes but i hate cyclists with a goddamned passion. they treat pedestrians like poo poo and cry like bitches when you drive by them even though they never follow the rules or "share the road"

AND THE GODDAMNED TIGHTS gently caress

so triggered right now

worst snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
cyclists give bike riders a bad name

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

dregan posted:

cyclists give bike riders a bad name

so true, its a cryin shame

here's the inside of the mir to clear the bad air of cyclists

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linux Pirate posted:

i dont wanna shaggar or anything and i think public transportation is great and i like bikes but i hate cyclists with a goddamned passion. they treat pedestrians like poo poo and cry like bitches when you drive by them even though they never follow the rules or "share the road"

they treat pedestrians the way drivers treat bikers

hmm

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

prefect posted:

they treat pedestrians the way drivers treat bikers

hmm

this isn't about bikers though, its about cyclists. here they like to ride on dangerous roads with lots of bends (and i get that, its a pretty ride/drive) but if there is ever more than one of them they will not ride single file, which is the law. so i either take a leap of faith and drive on the opposite side of the road, honk, or yell "share the road" and risk getting poo poo thrown at my car/getting a bunch of men in tights trying to catch me at a stoplight :shrug:

idk where youre from but i come from a small town full of the most insufferable, smug cyclists so its probably different where youre at. also i dont wanna argue with you because youre good people.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linux Pirate posted:

this isn't about bikers though, its about cyclists. here they like to ride on dangerous roads with lots of bends (and i get that, its a pretty ride/drive) but if there is ever more than one of them they will not ride single file, which is the law. so i either take a leap of faith and drive on the opposite side of the road, honk, or yell "share the road" and risk getting poo poo thrown at my car/getting a bunch of men in tights trying to catch me at a stoplight :shrug:

idk where youre from but i come from a small town full of the most insufferable, smug cyclists. also i dont wanna argue with you because youre good people.

i probably should have said "cyclists" instead of "bikers" -- wasn't trying to argue, actually :)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

prefect posted:

i probably should have said "cyclists" instead of "bikers" -- wasn't trying to argue, actually :)

its all good, im sure lot o people think theyre the same thing. it gets confusing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linux Pirate posted:

its all good, im sure lot o people think theyre the same thing. it gets confusing

technically, a motorcycle is a type of bicycle, right? it's got two wheels. like how a square is also a rectangle

(yes, i'm being overly literal and obtuse :haw:)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

prefect posted:

motorcycle :haw:

lol sorry couldnt help it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linux Pirate posted:

lol sorry couldnt help it

that guy sure is lucky his back hair only grows around the tattoo instead of covering it :)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

abunchofnumbers is the epitome of luck

(but think of how realistic that panther would be if the hair grew in)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linux Pirate posted:

abunchofnumbers is the epitome of luck

(but think of how realistic that panther would be if the hair grew in)

holy gently caress; that's the panther-tattoo guy? :wth:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

prefect posted:

holy gently caress; that's the panther-tattoo guy? :wth:

its all I can think about when motorcycles get mentioned on SA

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

axolotl farmer posted:

change the .webm to .gif and it embeds

:3:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Linux Pirate posted:

idk where youre from but i come from a small town full of the most insufferable, smug cyclists so its probably different where youre at. also i dont wanna argue with you because youre good people.
it's ok this is a safe space

e: i learned my lesson last time shaggaring about this topic but basically the road will always be better if everyone, regardless of vehicle (including pedestrians), was more considerate/attentive and less aggressive/angry, and let past bad experiences slide a little more, namaste

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 23, 2015

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

chile lookin p fukin metal

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

crap nerd posted:

Eurovision reheersals looking good

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

crap nerd posted:

eh its just viral advertising for the next season of metalocalypse

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
yesterday on my way home from the gym i got stuck behind this transport truck and i knew he was going to be on most of the way back to my place due to knowing of a highway access a couple clicks from my house

i couldn't get too close because there's still tons of sand/rocks/gravel on the road from winter, but people were piling up behind me as i kept my distance

i wasn't in a big rush so i just took a slightly longer (+30 seconds) way home, no traffic, no stress, and when i rejoined where i was originally headed i could see the transport truck a half-click up, so really not much lost opportunity at all. felt pretty chill and got to enjoy a relaxing commute home

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

crap nerd posted:

Here is a video of the eruption https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfzthtb8T0o

Calbuco is considered the 3rd most dangerous active volcano in Chile. A few months ago the Villarrica volcano also had en eruption (cosidered the most dangerous). Now its time for the Llaima volcano to do its thing (2nd on the list). A few years ago we had Chaiten go off as well (4th).

I lived 5 years next to the Villarrica one, also visited Llaima/Calbuco/Osorno, didnt have time for Chaiten (maybe this year). Also, I was in Concepcion when the 8.8 earthquake hit, and next week I am going north where we had an historic flood that hosed up everything (in a place where they dont see rain for years at a time). Its an interesting country to live in.

edit: here is a nice timelapse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrDn3Gel4M (skip to 0:55)

El Laucha fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 23, 2015

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

AND THE GODDAMNED TIGHTS gently caress

so triggered right now

worst snype

I cycle in spandex but i follow all road rules so suck it

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i cycle in speedos, hope this is helpful

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

dank beams can't stop steel memes

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

#rekt level: tyrannosaurus (arms)

lmao

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I cycle in spandex but i follow all road rules so suck it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Iridium posted:

eh its just viral advertising for the next season of metalocalypse

is there actually going to be another season? i want more of that show

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

elon musk is a cool guy and i am glad he is investing in space but he gots a hosed up face

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

elon musk is a cool guy and i am glad he is investing in space but he gots a hosed up face
He looks like that one merc from :lost:

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Linux Pirate posted:

:agreed:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
it's a shame he's kind of a libertarian dick because he's doing some neat stuff

apparently he's a nightmare to work for because if you aren't putting in 80 hour weeks then you aren't working hard enough

hyperloop still stupid tho

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5D63KyfqFk

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

it's a shame he's kind of a libertarian dick because he's doing some neat stuff

apparently he's a nightmare to work for because if you aren't putting in 80 hour weeks then you aren't working hard enough

hyperloop still stupid tho

i didnt realize he was a libertarian. i take back that "cool guy" remark. but still, space.

and yeah hyperloop is dumb af

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

finally, a toilet with the capacity to take my posts

looks like the cover to a Retief book or something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it's a shame he's kind of a libertarian dick
Big suprise. Still think he's cool though because at least he is pouring money into developing advancements for human kind unlike most gently caress u got mine rich libertarians

There are a few cases where I would work 80 hrs a week. Like, be in that mode where my work is my life kind of thing. Working with musk would be one of them, yolo lets go to space lol

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

i didnt realize he was a libertarian. i take back that "cool guy" remark. but still, space.

and yeah hyperloop is dumb af

actually hyperloop is good and cool

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pumpy Dumper posted:

actually hyperloop is good and cool

well now you are just trying to get my goat forums poster pumpy dumper

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

axolotl farmer posted:

change the .webm to .gif and it embeds

it already embeds just fine???

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

prefect posted:

saw this in politoons; knew that it had to be shown here as well

bicycles are just cars that will randomly decide that they're actually pedestrians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Space-Pope posted:

bicycles are just cars that will randomly decide that they're actually pedestrians

cars are basically just murder weapons that will randomly decide to maim and kill everyone in their way

• Locked thread