Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I just work very near to a Home Depot and end up getting a nintendo zone pass group almost every day by happy accident. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Home Depots tend to have at least three relays per store. They are cool.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does it feel good to cheat the system? I bet those aren't even real people on your precious "homepass" ? Streetpass was made with the idea that people could come together and share a common bond of video games and hats and this poo poo is pissing me off more and more, the more I read about these fake steetpasses.

You don't NEED homepass to fill out your puzzles. I just recently finished all of the puzzles on my 3DS and have never used a homepass system. I don't regularly street pass anyone around here, but I got to the mall randomly for lunch from work and get some street passes from the relay there.

Most of the other pieces are from conventions like PAX East.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Just to be clear: I can't remap buttons on 3DS VC? I've got ~24 years of muscle memory playing mario with Y/B not B/A and this is horseshit

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
With a HomePass setup are you just getting maximum StreetPass data 24/7? I think the reason I enjoy all the StreetPass games so much is I only get to 10 StreetPass dudes every couple days. I'm not sure the games would hold up if you were just rapid fire grinding through them, would they? If you've got a HomePass how many StreetPasses per day do you typically get?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

io_burn posted:

With a HomePass setup are you just getting maximum StreetPass data 24/7? I think the reason I enjoy all the StreetPass games so much is I only get to 10 StreetPass dudes every couple days. I'm not sure the games would hold up if you were just rapid fire grinding through them, would they? If you've got a HomePass how many StreetPasses per day do you typically get?

You can customize it to change MAC addresses as frequently as you'd like it to, which will bring in a new group each time, or leave it on one MAC and get 6 every 8-12 hours.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thank for the suggestions, I'm still torn between Fantasy Life and Rune Factory... Might just end up getting both.

And if you're having trouble getting streetpasses just walk into a Starbucks or McDonald's for a minute.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Vegastar posted:

leave it on one MAC and get 6 every 8-12 hours.

Go to your mall or a local McDonald's/Starbucks, use a WiFi scanner app to get the MAC address of an attwifi network, write it down, go home and use that address, and become a local legend.

Just don't start sending personalized greetings. That's creepy. Actually, go ahead and do it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fryhtaning posted:

Go to your mall or a local McDonald's/Starbucks, use a WiFi scanner app to get the MAC address of an attwifi network, write it down, go home and use that address, and become a local legend.

Just don't start sending personalized greetings. That's creepy. Actually, go ahead and do it.

"I can see you, right now!"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I hate to kill the dream, but that's a custom job.

On an unrelated note, goddamnit Nintendo why won't you hurry up and put the preorder Xenoblade theme on the PAL theme Shop already? :shepspends:

Same but the 3ds Dreamcast theme

Wait why is that not coming to the US

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does it feel good to cheat the system? I bet those aren't even real people on your precious "homepass" ? Streetpass was made with the idea that people could come together and share a common bond of video games and hats and this poo poo is pissing me off more and more, the more I read about these fake steetpasses.

Source your quotes, please

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sade posted:

Source your quotes, please

you can't source a 12 year old's mind

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm doing right now! Feels so good! :gizz:

Also

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I abused the hell out of the spotpass miis and don't even feel bad about it

but mostly

RadicalR posted:

Except that some of us are in the middle of bumfuck, nowhere with really no options to "come together". The idea was cool in Japan, where everyone is crammed together. Not so well in America where everyone is spread out.

And even if we wanted to "come together", to really get the hits, we would have to go to a convention - which for some of us, is either embarrassing or expensive.

tl;dr: It's a loving game. Get over it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This might be the most :qqsay: poo poo I've seen in 14 years here.

Please tell me you're quoting that from somewhere.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jesus christ

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the man was joking around on the comedy forums

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

It's easy to get confused because 99.9% of posts on Something Awful dot com are completely unfunny and often do not even qualify as humor

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Is there a dedicated Harvest Moon and Rune Factory thread around? I know there used to be one but I don't know if it fell into the archives.

Well, if it has does anyone have some beginner tips for Rune Factory 4?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Awesome! posted:

There is no room for jokes here. Videogames are serious business and smdh if anyone thinks otherwise :toughguy:

Also this:

majormonotone posted:

It's easy to get confused because 99.9% of posts on Something Awful dot com are completely unfunny and often do not even qualify as humor

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

This might be the most :qqsay: poo poo I've seen in 14 years here.

Please tell me you're quoting that from somewhere.

lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Awesome! posted:

This is the thread where people freak out over transferring content from one device to another to the point where they have to practice with a screwdriver, before they agonize over what pants pockets said device will fit in.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is there a dedicated Harvest Moon and Rune Factory thread around? I know there used to be one but I don't know if it fell into the archives.

Well, if it has does anyone have some beginner tips for Rune Factory 4?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336559&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Here you go, also RF4 tip: when you get a forge upgrade all of your farm tools with a magnifying glass, this allows you to see the soil condition as long as you have a farm tool equipped.

Also ship everything that has a sell price in the item description at least once because there is someone that visits your town that sells back those items, allowing you to buy as much as you want as long as you have the cash, which is useful for upgrading.

edit: wait poo poo I don't think these really qualify as beginner tips

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 24, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

raditts posted:

This is the thread where people freak out over transferring content from one device to another to the point where they have to practice with a screwdriver, before they agonize over what pants pockets said device will fit in.

exactly, it's a funny thread. i come in expecting to laugh at something

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I got my homepass working the other day and on first check I received 198 streetpass tokens for Xenoblade. The ultra rare amiibo that probably cost more than the raspberry pi I bought for the homepass gives you 3 tokens a day.

Breaking the rules is awesome, I'm swimming in puzzle pieces and birthdays.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Might wanna watch it the Nintendo police could arrest you at any moment.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
what if the nintendo police are real but we jsut don't know it b/c we don't speak japanese

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If they're Japanese then we're safe because they're region locked.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I got my homepass working the other day and on first check I received 198 streetpass tokens for Xenoblade. The ultra rare amiibo that probably cost more than the raspberry pi I bought for the homepass gives you 3 tokens a day.

Breaking the rules is awesome, I'm swimming in puzzle pieces and birthdays.

Didn't know a raspberry pi could be bought for $12.99

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

jivjov posted:

Didn't know a raspberry pi could be bought for $12.99

I hear that your mom can be bought for $12.99

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

shaitan posted:

I hear that your mom can be bought for $12.99

Inflation's a bitch, ain't it?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

jivjov posted:

Inflation's a bitch, ain't it?

Don't call your mom "Inflation," that's mean. She can't help it :(

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The rear end Stooge posted:

Don't call your mom "Inflation," that's mean. She can't help it :(

The nickname isn't because of her weight. Don't kinkshame.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's happening

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The magic of the New Nintendo 3DS Chat thread in action.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I miss the days of sending your mom jokes with bad drawings accompanying it to people on my 3DS friends list over Swap Note/Letterbox.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

majormonotone posted:

Please stop talking about me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I am really really craving a fun puzzle game so I'm kinda looking forward to Puzzles and Dragons- especially due to my friend riding my rear end about it for a full year or so about how good it is.

Trying to look up some actual gameplay on youtube is the worst however as every video seems to be some guy making a single match and calling it quits without trying anything else, did they ever show more of the game off because I'd actually like to see what it looks like when it's played by someone who knows how to work video games.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
the best part about that was the lack of xenoblade chat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I am really really craving a fun puzzle game so I'm kinda looking forward to Puzzles and Dragons- especially due to my friend riding my rear end about it for a full year or so about how good it is.

Trying to look up some actual gameplay on youtube is the worst however as every video seems to be some guy making a single match and calling it quits without trying anything else, did they ever show more of the game off because I'd actually like to see what it looks like when it's played by someone who knows how to work video games.

I dunno if the US got it or not but there's a demo of the Mario version on the eShop that I really liked. It kinda caught me off guard because I hate match 3 stuff. There's a weird amount of depth to it and I kept losing in the second part of the demo where you're up against high level enemies with thousands of HP. You actually have to plan out your moves and I was really getting into it. I preordered pretty much as soon as I beat the demo

There's a thread for it but it moves fast and I have no idea what anyone is talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't know if puzzles and dragons can really qualify as puzzles, it's just standard match 3 with Pokemon elements unless it's different from the tablet version.

Source: my girlfriend has played hundreds of hours of the poo poo