Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Life insurance cool.

Everything else still dull.

Want grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Superpowered magic men in business suits remains pretty great. Did that one guy make a giant arrow out of sticky notes?

I'd be interested in reading a series that tackles magic on a corporate level?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Life insurance cool.

Everything else still dull.

Want grinding.

Post-it missile/arrow cool.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
I think the reason why more grinding is getting attractive is because it feels like we're watching an action movie by proxy. The author really wrote himself into a corner by making the power levels so stupidly big in this fight; Jee-Han can't actually do anything except act as commentator.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The Evil Thing posted:

I think the reason why more grinding is getting attractive is because it feels like we're watching an action movie by proxy. The author really wrote himself into a corner by making the power levels so stupidly big in this fight; Jee-Han can't actually do anything except act as commentator.

Unless he's planning for Jee-Han to finally open the settings menu.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh no! Not one of the richest people in Korea! :geno:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

paragon1 posted:

Oh no! Not one of the richest people in Korea! :geno:

My level is equal to my account balance!

*makes bad investments, drops to negative levels*

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
How many of you predict that Gnome is currently building tunnels under the pillars to get them to collapse so the teacher can go full out darkness murder? Any other theories?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

How many of you predict that Gnome is currently building tunnels under the pillars to get them to collapse so the teacher can go full out darkness murder? Any other theories?

It's too obvious to be that, so that must be it.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Man with Hat posted:

I hope he just picks them up and sticks them in his inventory, they're worth a lot of money.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Avulsion posted:

I hope he just picks them up and sticks them in his inventory, they're worth a lot of money.

He learned disenchantment off-panel. Jester guy is going to be so mad when he realizes someone took the rims off the company car.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Brought To You By posted:

I'd be interested in reading a series that tackles magic on a corporate level?

No parking spaces available for everyone's brooms. Handicapped spaces are larger and taken by the non-magic users in the office, who are regarded as disabled because they lack magic. Potion franchises have to deal with corporate coming in and changing the ingredients of super complex magical concoctions. Any time someone comes up with a new spell it's like they have the hottest new thing in tech, and everyone wants to buy the scroll for it.

In a more practical sense, the anime [C] Control is probably the closest thing to that idea. Everyone has magical beings that fight for them called "assets" and empower their abilities by using money. You can buy shares in other people if they allow it, and basically there's just ton of economics/business at work in the setting. Suffice to say the IMF is involved.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Avulsion posted:

That would be the best possible thing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just want Jee Han's plan to be hilariously undramatic. One Punch Man the hell out of things.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
When was the last time we saw Jee-Han's account balance? I'm holding out hope that his secret plan is to buy up a controlling share in the company's stock and the order them to leave.

"You don't know your place, worm! The CFO will hear about this!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good to see stupid nonsensical drama fights and monologues getting interrupted by jeehan being a dork

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Captain Invictus posted:

Good to see stupid nonsensical drama fights and monologues getting interrupted by jeehan being a dork

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Ch--083---Chapter-083?id=226775
Oh hey there's the next chapter

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you die, who's going to teach me chemistry?!?!?

That was almost worth slogging through that fight for.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
To be honest I'm kind of sick from the president continuously pulling powers out of its rear end to get the upper hand so here's hoping Jee Han's intervention finally turns the odds around.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
He's about to invest in some real estate, Jee han will shoot his powerball finisher and a skyscraper will shoot up out of the ground and kick off a 15 issue adventure through the office arc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Turns out Noum is also a spirit of finance and law.
Then she'll find them in violation of several laws, treaties and trade agreements the punishment of which is permanent burial.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Then she'll find them in violation of several laws, treaties and trade agreements the punishment of which is permanent burial.

All of this but with a smile. :haw:

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To be honest I'm kind of sick from the president continuously pulling powers out of its rear end to get the upper hand so here's hoping Jee Han's intervention finally turns the odds around.

Like half of this "But I have another trump card!" could have been cut and it really wouldn't have made a difference.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Wait. The Gamer's Mind makes Jee-Han just outright immune to all forms of mind control and mental influence, right? And being taken over by some sort of corporate hive mind presumably counts. But apparently having that mask could make you President...

Clearly the reason they're showing all of this off is that Jee-Han is about to steal the mask, take over the Company, and get a shitload of new powers, so the author doesn't want to have to explain all of them.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

:eng101: By the way, I'm immune to mind control.
:eng101: As the president, I'm closing the company.
:geno: gently caress.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The current "get into a hole" meta is OP, it's killing this game.

Jee-Han should also invest in some of those IAP double-exp items, to improve his training regime.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

:eng101: By the way, I'm immune to mind control.
:eng101: As the president, I'm closing the company.
:geno: gently caress.

:eng101: As President, I order everyone to come back to life and be released from their contracts with the company, all company assets are now reassigned to me, and the company is then disbanded.

He's a Gamer, he has to know how to word a Wish right.

This is also a great opportunity for Jee-Han to pull a Log Horizon and buy the land because that's how his video game life works.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
And an 84! http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Ch--084---Chapter-084?id=227384

I think I liked the way this wrapped it. I was really great to see JeeHan FINALLLLLLY do something, and in the end The Company was a cool concept for an enemy with some fairly unique powers. Sorta similar to Log Horizon in some ways.

Also, allusions to JeeHan's father?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

XboxPants posted:

Also, allusions to JeeHan's father?

Of course he would be the Harem King :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh god his father has a power similar to The Gamer, doesn't he? Except hes' a dating sim protagonist instead of a Korean MMORPG character. Oh god, his father is the protagonist of The World God Only Knows.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

^^^ e: :pcgaming: Yeeessssss :pcgaming:^^^

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Don't even be subtle about it. Embrace it. :getin:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'd read the "Noum goes to Harvard" arc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slime posted:

Oh god his father has a power similar to The Gamer, doesn't he? Except hes' a dating sim protagonist instead of a Korean MMORPG character. Oh god, his father is the protagonist of The World God Only Knows.

gently caress, I'm gonna lose my poo poo if this ends being foreshadowing

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was a neat resolution, yeah. I wish Jee Han got to do more stuff, but I guess he was extremely outmatched here.

This is the second time the witch kissed him, isn't it?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SSNeoman posted:

That was a neat resolution, yeah. I wish Jee Han got to do more stuff, but I guess he was extremely outmatched here.

This is the second time the witch kissed him, isn't it?

I believe so, yeah.

I really like how this played out. Instead of desperately trying to keep up with the enemy, Jee-Han sat back, took his time, and figured out a way to be truly helpful. He's smarter than like 80% of shonen protagonists, simply by recognizing it'd make more sense to support the really strong guy. I wouldn't mind seeing more arcs like this in the future, but for now I'd like to see Jee-Han learn a bunch of crazy magic and grind while everyone complains about how overpowered he is.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"You have detected a strong bloodlust" will never be not funny.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This is still the only shonen where I actually want to see the protagonist do stuff instead of the sidecast, so this was a good chapter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

This is still the only shonen where I actually want to see the protagonist do stuff instead of the sidecast, so this was a good chapter.

Not even Hero Academia?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Deku is good but the rest of his cast is just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I agree, strong bloodlust is the best joke. Interested to see what Harem King leads to, there's certainly different interpretations of that right now based on the translation.

Looking forward to the best arc yet, grinding with Loli Nuna :getin:.